[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of pokemon player annoy you? For me its people who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
What kind of pokemon player annoy you?

For me its people who only use new pokemon. (Like using only gen 7 pokemon on sm)
And those faggots who use 3 starters, a regional bird and regional bug
>>
People who use Pokemon from past regions.
>>
>>33082949
People who say sun and moon are good games
>>
>>33082949
On my first playthrough of a new generation, you'd better believe I'm only using new Pokemon. Why the hell wouldn't I?
>>
>>33082949
>not using exclusively new Pokemon
What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>33082949
Idiots who believe because they played Go they have any say ot even try to hold a conversation about Pokémon

Also this >>33082975
>>
>>33082949
There's nothing wrong with using new pokemon only, but I agree, I really dislike people who use the 3 starters on the same run
I also hate full-legendary teams & Blissey/chansey stall teams
>>
>>33082949

Smogonites aka naggers
>>
>>33082949
I hate people who use very defensive Pokemon in solo mode. Stuff like Forretress, Ferrothorn, Blissey, Shuckle etc. Those mons are only useful in online battles for stall and shit, not to be used vs Youngster Joey
>>
People who play pokemon for the new pokemon.
>>
Why are you annoyed at how other people choose to enjoy the games? Some mad autism going on here smfh
>>
>>33083366
The KH fanbase is worse, they hate very player that plays just for fun and not for the convulted story
>>
>that one friend of a friend who tells me GO revolutionised Pokémon and since I don't play it or enjoy the battling I'm not a real fan
I'm cool with the most autistic of tendencies no matter what game or spin off you play, but don't come at me with shit like that when you're nostalgia baited into playing freemium garbage
>>
>>33082957
>>33082991
>>33083004
What i mean is those people who use 6 six new pokemon when most of them are ugly as fuck and they dont even like them
>>33083366
Im not really anoyed I just dont like playing like that, i dont care how you play your games
>>
staller
>>
>>33083587
>What kind of pokemon player annoy you?
>Im not really anoyed I just dont like playing like that, i dont care how you play your games

summer sure is long
>>
>>33083587
>What i mean is those people who use 6 six new pokemon when most of them are ugly as fuck and they dont even like them

How do you know that you don't like them if you don't use them?

You know what kind of player annoys me? People who insist on using old Pokemon, even in a brand new game with new Pokemon, because they think that every new Pokemon is "ugly as fuck" and assumes that they won't like them just because they're not Charizard or whatever.
>>
Niggers
>>
the players who annoy me are the ones who try to tell me i'm playing wrong because i use a pokemon that isn't good or that they don't like.
Just let me use the pokemon i want it literally doesn't effect you in any way.
>>
>>33082949
People who play Pokemon.
>>
>>33083687
Yeah this is precisely what my issue is. I like every single Pokémon and you can play your game whatever way you like but don't tell me you're a pro gamer for using Alakazam/Gengar/Gyarados/Starter/Eeveelution every game it's available and giving me shit for daring to use something with sub 450 BST
>>
Nostalgia faggots that say Sun/Moon is bad
>>
File: uhoh.jpg (226KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
uhoh.jpg
226KB, 1280x720px
>>33083312
just finished a solo pyukumuku run oops
>>
Everyone on /vp/ outside of comfy threads
>>
>>33082949
Aye fuck you
>>
>>33083312

In regular games anything works, but in a challenge run like a Nuzlocke bulky mons like Umbreon and certain Eviolite users are a blessing.
>>
Gen 1/2 nostalgiafags who shit on Gen 7 because they're too ADHD/nostalgia-blind.
People whose in-game teams have Pokémon with repeated types.
People whose in-game teams have half or more previous gen Pokémon (two to none is just fine).
Showdown players with predictable OU Pokemon with predictable moves and predictable strategies who rage at you when you fucking wreck them.
People who seriously use Charizard or any of its Mega Evolutions.
>>
>>33082949
legendary users.
>>
>>33082975
this
>>
>>33084962
>regice is a better special wall than Chansey
>>
People who refuse to acknowledge gens 3-5 as the golden age
>>
>>33085056
Amen. Leaf Green, Heart Gold, and my Black Nuzlocke playthrough were the most fun I've had in any Pokémon game thus far my dude.
>>
>>33084962
t. snowflake
>>33085056
Gen 4 is the worst the franchise has ever been and gen 5 added nothing, though.
>>
>>33085125
>Gen 4 worst
Have you ever played Platinum or HG/SS? The only criticisms I hear apply only to D/P.
And Gen 5 added something so revolutionary no game up to date has been able to implement yet: A decent story and characters.
>>
>>33084984
Regice also has more weaknesses to Chansey and cannot hold an Eviolite.
>>
>>33085147
>Have you ever played Platinum or HG/SS?
Of course. They were mediocre at the time and awful in retrospect. The games are sluggish as fuck, with horiffic region design and HM abuse to a degree so bad HMs have been largely optional ever since. HGSS is by far the worst remake in the series, utterly failing to address the numerous problems with GSC and simply tacking on flashy gimmicks to amaze children, such as the useless Pokewalker, following Pokemon, and the Pokethlon. Only sinnohfoeti too young to have played GSC on release would praise HGSS, as in most regards it's actually worse.

>And Gen 5 added something so revolutionary no game up to date has been able to implement yet: A decent story and characters.
Gen 5 has the worst story and the worst characters of the whole franchise, though. If you were so impressionable when you played it that you actually considered the story good, I can safely conclude you're a sinnoh kid or even younger.
>>
>>33085153
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>33085183
I didn't think Platinum was sluggish at all. I'm guessing you have less patience than me, which is more than evident considering how quickly you pissed yourself.

I agree with the aspect about HMs, but that's about my only problem with Sinnoh, and even then, I just circumvent it by having a Bidoof around. I love the music, the enviroments, the locations, the graphics. Granted, not the best region, but still good in my opinion.

HGSS implemented Gen 4's Physical/Special split into the already good Gen 2 titles. I'd say that's a pretty good addition. The rest is not much, but still decent.

>sinnohfoeti too young to have played GSC on release would praise HGSS, as in most regards it's actually worse.

Buddy, I played Crystal and enjoyed it, and I know plenty who played Gen 2 and still praise the remkes. Hell, I know this one guy whose first game was Silver, and he still thinks the remakes are better. You're just assuming everybody is you now.

> Gen 5 has the worst story and the worst characters of the whole franchise

At no point did I say it was Shakespeare. But I did appreciate how Gen 5's plot questioned the ethics of Pokemon battling, and I found N to be a great character and team Plasma to be a fairly decent team.

>If you were so impressionable when you played it that you actually considered the story good, I can safely conclude you're a sinnoh kid or even younger.

Wrong, wrong, so fucking wrong. My first game was Yellow. Again, I didn't say it was the best plot, but it was decent.

Sorry, was my reply too reasonable for you? Or will you go back to your autistic screeching and ad hominem remarks?
>>
>>33085193
Well that's the first time I ever heard it be used. Are you sure it's a meme?
>>
>>33083339

>:(

You got a problem with me?
I love new Pokémon.
>>
>>33085411
They're decent but 2slow
>>
>>33085056
Gens 4 and 5 were absolute fucking garbage

It was so bad, that the """"""Pokemon Knockoff"""""" games were tons better. (Fossil Fighters in particular)
>>
>>33085468
That's just like, your opinion man
>>
>>33082949
There are two:
1.) Idiots who justify them removing things rather than adding things and/or making options where necessary. You don't gain new players you just change players when you do that. Why so many devs who are often players themselves and players don't realize this, I've no idea. What feature you love would you want to see removed? The answer to that is obviously fucking none of them no matter who you ask.

2.) Cheaters who interact with others online without their express permission. If you are cheating in single player or are both cheater/okay with cheating, fine. Otherwise, you've gone into online agreeing to the rules so fuck off if you're not going to act as if you agree. you're not entitled to play on someone else's server using your rules.

Especially not when sims exist where you can skip all of the things you're likely wont to whine about and you don't even have to waste time cheating either.
>>
>>33082949
""people"" that use overleveled pokemon from their previous games to get through the newer games
>>
Water starter trainers > Fire starter trainers > Grass starter trainers
>>
>>33082975
Came to post this. I'm happy to see /vp/ has at least stopped sucking SM's dick a little bit.
>>
People who constantly talk about starter pokemon and no other pokemon. I mostly mean people who constantly talk about the gen 1 starters, but just in general people act like starters are super important and amazing and are the only pokemon that matter.

Also, it's an easy answer, but just people who only really know Gen 1 and only talk about Gen 1, yet say they're huge pokemon fans.
>>
>>33083587

>when most of them are ugly as fuck and they dont even like them

Fuck off, just because you don't like them doesn't mean nobody else does
>>
>>33086145
You seem to be either new here or forget about the fact that, in 4chan, everyone is as autistic as a tumblr user and just like a tumblr user, thinks the rest of the world thinks (or should think) just like one does.
>>
File: rich.jpg (38KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
rich.jpg
38KB, 640x960px
People who defend Sun/Moon solely by saying that people who don't like them are nostalgiafags and believe that Sun and Moon are flawless games.

( >>33083777 )
>>
>>33086204
But nobody's saying they're flawless you fucking nostalgia faggot
>>
>>33086204
Oh, and people who defend Sun/Moon's flaws by saying "other games did that/were easy too/etc".
>>
>>33086214
I genuinely don't know how you can say it's a good game without just ignoring the colossal, overwhelming amount of flaws.
>>
>>33086223
I enjoyed the trials and the lack of HMs. I also thought Alola was a good region, I liked the new Pokemon and the Alola forms, Z-moves were at least not as broken as Mega Evolutions, Gladion was the return of the edgy rival, which was nice, plot was meh, but not as bad as XY, game was nowhere near as slow as either anyone is saying it is here, DP, or XY, and the game, while not being as hard as other titles, still provided a decent challenge for me. Only flaws I can think of are the linearity (always been an issue in Pokemon, don't deny it), slowness, and easiness (both already discussed). Forgive me if I sounded a bit angry in my original post.
>>
>>33083587
>Using pokemon based on how they look.
Fucking weirdo.
>>
>>33086265
>J enjoyed the trials
They were even easier than gyms.
>Lack of HMs
This was fine. Could've been done better, but I agree that it's way better than HMs.
>Alola was a good region
The whole thing felt so samey and boring; it's all just one big mountainous-exotic region with rare variations in the tedium. Plus, through the story, every route is just a single path with extremely rare deviations from the road.
>New pokemon
They feel like they were made just to counter old pokemon, there's absolutely no attempt to try and stop the power creep. Plus, since Ultra Beasts aren't considered legendaries, in-game online is fucked since everyone's just gonna use the UBs (and fucking toxapex). Plus, the pokemon variety was fucking shit, it was mostly just the same old gen 1 pokemon, with a few sprinklings of Gen 7 pokemon. Plus, a lot of the new designs are just awful (although that's not really a gameplay complaint).
>Z-moves were at least not as broken as Megas
Yeah, but they're still just another unneeded buff to the player. They don't really add anything to the game.
>Gladion was an edgy rival
You barely ever see him, and even then, he just seems like a joke. You befriend him extremely easily before long.
>Plot was better than XY
That's not really saying much. Plus, CONSTANT cutscenes were a fucking drag.
>Still provided a challenge for me
I genuinely don't see how you could find any challenge in the game. I intentionally used a tiny underlevelled team without any Z-moves, and still never ran into any trouble throughout the entire game. Not to mention, there's even less end-game content than X/Y (which had an entire little town, and ORAS had a whole island, while in this game there's literally only the battle tower and nothing else).
>>
>>33086345
>>33086345
>They feel like they were made just to counter old pokemon

Alola forms basically gave old Pokemon new types , base stats, and movepools. In other words, they're like entirely new Pokemon. Although I will agree that the only good ones are Marowak and Muk.

>Toxapex and UBs
I really hate to say this, but git gud. I've encountered tons of those and I've beaten them easily. And I have a win rate of about 49.1% on Showdown.

>New Pokemon
I'd have to severely disagree with you there. I loved the new designs and unique typings to (most but not all of) them.

>Trials, Alola geography, Z-moves, cutscenes, challenge
All I can say about those is that that's just down to personal opinion. I liked them, you didn't. That's fine.

>Gladion, the plot, and once again, the trials
I'll agree they weren't revolutionary or anything. But what I like is that they paved way for new possibilities for future games. Maybe this will be the last time we'll be seeing gyms in Pokemon games except for in the inevitable remakes of gens 4-6 and the hypothetical re-remakes of gens 1-3. Maybe rivals will go back to being written like Blue or Silver. What I liked about them was similar to what I liked about what I saw in Sonic Forces, in that the decisions, while by no means marking high points in the franchise, could be the first steps to positive changes.

That's about it though. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
>>
File: IMG_0013.jpg (43KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0013.jpg
43KB, 500x667px
>>33086345
Not the other guy but why are you trying to disregard his likes for the games? You asked him how somebody could like SM, he told you and then you disregard it. Why?
>>
>>33086110
What are you talking about? Vp posts hate about SM practically every day
>>
>there are autists playing pokémon RIGHT NOW who will get pissed at you for using regice on a team
just think about that for a second
>>
>>33082949
people who nicknames their pokemons with insults.
people who like torub it in when they win.

any person who wants to be annoying, is annoying. I'm a very aggravatable person.
>>
>>33082957
>>33082975
>>33083004
>>33083312
>>33084917
>>33084962
*AHEM*
Sun and Moon are alright, my first game was White, I have nostalgia for Charizard and have used its Megas genuinely in XY. Gen 3-5 for life. White 1 team consisted of all Unova Pokemon. My White 2 team consisted of Samurott, Arcanine, Electivire, Mienshao, Braviary, and Lucario. At one point I ran Zekrom, Haxorus, and Thundurus on my online team in gen 6 because why the fuck not, I also used Ferrothorn and Shuckle in X's single player the other day. I even nicknamed a Combee useless because it was a male and wonder traded it for a Zigzagoon.
>>
>>33088232
>*AHEM*
Please don't do that.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.