[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you like to build your single player Pokemon team?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

File: 6 bewears.png (660KB, 767x428px) Image search: [Google]
6 bewears.png
660KB, 767x428px
How do you like to build your single player Pokemon team?
>>
>>33081696
6 pokemon I'd fuck.
>>
>>33081696
>build team around a mon I think is super OP in paper, and 5 other mons that are immune to specific things
>test it
>is hot garbage
>replace mon with another mon I'm more familiar with
>test it again and again until the team works
>play with that team for the rest of the generation without modifying it or vuilding new teams in fear of my bad teambuilding skills
That's how I do it
>>
plan before starting, no overlapping types, all dual types, and no pokemon with subjectively bad designs
>>
First five gens, I level the shit out of my starter and use the other 5 slots for HM slaves.

Gens 6 and 7, I just use whatever I like while trying to make sure that no more than two Pokemon on my team are weak to a given type.
>>
>>33081706
fpbp
>>
I look at the new generation pokemon, pick some that I think look cool, and try to use them. If one doesn't work I switch it out.
>>
>>33081737
>all dual types

What if there's a monotype Pokemon you like. Ever use monotypes or half dual half mono?
>>
>>33081765
my #1 favorite pokemon is a monotype. catching it and boxing it is good enough for me
i just dont use monotype pokemon, but i have made monotype teams before
>>
File: 4c2.png (35KB, 834x600px) Image search: [Google]
4c2.png
35KB, 834x600px
I seek out the early-game "bang for your buck" mons like Marill, Sawk/Throh, Oricorio and Magnemite and catch them over and over until I get one with a good nature.
>>
>>33081737
I do this too expect the bad designs (I like some).

I also try to do dual type special attacker and dual type physical. Sometimes one type pokemon with great movepools and/or high speed.
>>
File: 250px-539Sawk.png (59KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-539Sawk.png
59KB, 250x250px
>>33081830
>Sawk
My man. Love his design.
>>
>>33081696
Have one all-around tank and one sweeper of each type for special and physical attacks. I also always make sure I have one fighting type and one electric type on the team because they've never not been useful to me.
>>
>>33081696
I always have a Fire,Grass,and Water type. The starter fills one of those slots. Then an electric type either an early route one or one a little bit later. then a fighting or flying type. and last a ghost or psychic type. no matter what though the Grass Water and Fire core is always there.
>>
I don't really plan my teams ahead of time. I just catch whatever looks interesting and then build around that.
>>
>>33081696
One slot is reserved for the starter, the other five being completely random Pokemon I felt like using at that time.
>>
Either a challenge run, usually monotype or themed, or Pokémon I've never used before that are region exclusive.
I wanna do a 3xWormadam + Mothim run though, I think that'd be fun.

Has anyone ever had legitimately 2 or more of the same Pokémon on there team? The only time I saw this was a 6 Furret team with different hidden powers.
>>
>3 Wormadam
>Mothim
>Vespiquen
>Male Combee
>>
>>33082038
>he uses the starter

LOL
>>
File: 1500659259304.png (38KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1500659259304.png
38KB, 700x700px
>>33082054
>less than a minute after my post >>33082051
My Scrafty
>>
File: 1483578341553.jpg (28KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
1483578341553.jpg
28KB, 429x399px
>>33082058
I honestly expected a stronger reaction.
Thank you for acknowledging my post, I guess.
>>
6 favorites. 5 favorites and maybe an HM slave or two, but I usually spread out HM moves throughout my team so I don't end up with a mon I'm not fond of.
If I want to make the game harder, I use a few NFEs I like, and in extreme cases, a whole team of first stages.
>>
File: 1498519273932.png (108KB, 178x306px) Image search: [Google]
1498519273932.png
108KB, 178x306px
The team always has to have a Fighting type and a Ground type, since Normal and Electric only have that one weakness. Dark too in a sense because I don't like matchups where the type is strong against itself (Ghost vs. Ghost, making the only other weakness Dark).

As long as I cover each weakness at least once, don't repeat types and have 3 physical attackers and 3 special attackers, I'm good. The rest is up to personal taste.
>>
File: 1498519273932(2).png (110KB, 178x306px) Image search: [Google]
1498519273932(2).png
110KB, 178x306px
>>33082188
To add on to that:
This doesn't mean I won't use Ghost types, I'll just need a Dark Pokemon somewhere else on the team.

Same goes for Dragon with Ice and/or Fairy.
>>
The same way I did when I was 6, just use pokemon that I think look cool or strong and maybe the occasional cutemon. Always use an Umbreon.
>>
With the new exp share I tried to do something a little different in the last games. Basicly i try to beat every gym using a different team composed by pokemon you can find near the gym's area; then I use the best ones in the league. It's pretty funny, you should try.
>>
>>33081696
I just use whatever I like the most, regardless of the types, attacking orientations or gender
>>
Six Pokemon I like that don't have overlapping types that were first introduced with the region the game takes place in. Evolutionary relatives, Megas, Regional Forms, and Pokemon that gained new types are fine too.
>>
>>33082568
I like playing like this, you start with 1 Pokémon and if you train it past level 15 it can't fight the first gym and you've got to retire it and use a different one. Then when you beat the first gym you have to use the first two Pokémon you catch to beat the next gym and get 5 levels added to 15. Then keep going adding one Pokémon per badge and 5 levels until you beat the last gym, then you pick any of the 21 Pokémon that beat a gym leader to make your E4 team
>>
File: pidgefuckyou.png (167KB, 375x259px) Image search: [Google]
pidgefuckyou.png
167KB, 375x259px
>>33082054
>talking shit about start pokemon
Look at that glare. Bitch knows sand-attack AND leer, apparently. This is a bird you don't want to fuck with. Did you know it learns quick attack? An ability so broken, it allows you to move first regardless of move or stat priority. Don't even get me started on gust. This peculiar pussy-wetting pigeon will rip your bulbasaur to little bulba-shit pieces. It also only has one type, no x4 super effective against this bread-and-butter-bird. All while being able to be accessed in route -ONE-. That is, after he nearly kills you and Oak has to step in and save the day.
Give your props to this bird. There's a reason Gary has a Pidgeot. He's one lean, mean, weedle-eating machine. Better bring x5 Pokeballs.
>>
>>33081696

First playthrough must have only new pokemon introduced in the gen.

Keep it around 4-5 pokemon so it's easier to level everyone evenly w/out taking too much time.

Add sixth member after getting all hms and deciding what I want and where to find it.

One pokemon has to be difficult to obtain (trade evolution, trade exclusive from other game, low encounter rate, one time event, etc.)

One stone evolution pokemon.

Try to avoid using pseudo legendary/legendaries of that gen.

Try to keep even ratio of male, females and nothings. If the one I caught has a good nature, then I disregard the gender.

Diverse typing
>>
>>33082663
yo fuck off I didn't say shit about starters

>>33082076
It was directed toward you
>>
Autism coming through:

>I pick my starter and base my Water/Fire/Grass core off that.
>I must have at least one waifu or female mon on my team.
>The rest must be male, unless the mons design says other wise.

Other than that I use whatever I like.
>>
File: 1500666721799.jpg (91KB, 720x451px) Image search: [Google]
1500666721799.jpg
91KB, 720x451px
>>33082700
This is a recent challenge run I did
I switched Ledian, Ninjask and Scyther in and out too.
My names were Scatterdoug, Ninjack, Vespiquincy, Ledean, Masquryan, Stevether, Butterfreda, Motheo and Yamark
>>
>>33082923
I've only done a couple RSE monotype runs but something like that could be really interesting. Unfortunately I don't have any games past BW2 so I don't think I could be so specific but I'm impressed that you did a Bug/Flying run at all
>>
>>33082974
My favourite monotype to run is a Normal type one with Pokémon new to the region only.
A fighting type monotype could be cool in BW2. I think.
BW2 could be cool for a themed run too, I did a ruin maniac desert Pokémon only run in Black, with Darumaka, Sigilyph, Maractus, Dwebble, Sandile and Yamask.
My next endeavour will be a base form pseudo run in SM and a Normal monotype Omega Ruby run.
>>
>>33082923
Your naming needs work, but that team is legit
>>
>>33083221
My rules were no exp share, no super training, no amie, lower level than the next ace.
The naming kept me going when the going got tough, I didn't wanna let my crew down
>>
>>33083241
Respect
>>
>>33081696
I just use pokes I like. I often go out of my way to get them, despite having much better alternatives. But looks matter to me more than anything else. I often assemble a team of 6 by the time I'm at the 3rd Gym, and after I have my 6 I never swap them. I push through the game with only those few pokes.
>>
File: IMG_1974.jpg (85KB, 1322x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1974.jpg
85KB, 1322x312px
>>33081914
I always have the grass, fire, water core too.
>>
>>33081696
I used to use something like "FWG core, Flying-type for Fly, two other mons I like, no type overlap, only new mons/forms in a new gen" but I had to abandon the FWG in Diamond (Because I hate Chimchar's line bar Monferno and Ponyta is from Genwun,) and since then it's been much looser. I still LIKE to use an FWG core, but I've abandoned the necessary Flying-type (especially with Poké Ride) and now I just kind of pick anything that doesn't have type overlap (for most of the time.) I still try to use only new mons/forms for the new gen though, though in XY I was a little strapped for designs I liked that weren't postgame. I think I ran Greninja/Venusaur/Garchomp/Avalugg/Florges/Heliolisk. The most recent game that I followed the rules was a replay of B2, I think. Don't remember the team exactly, though. In my Sun playthrough I threw it out entirely though, as my team is currently Dartrix/Grimer/Yungoos/Mudbray, and I'm planning on using Solgaleo, so I won't have enough room for the FWG core even. I was initally planning on getting Mareanie, but I had messed around with some SOS mons already to send some stuff to my gf, so I'm tired of dealing with that. I might pick up a Minior or maybe a Crabrawler down the line, though. Not really sure what specifically I want as #6.
>>
I don't even know how to build a team.

help ;_;
>>
>>33081696
I catch six mons I like the most
>>
>>33082625
Nice man, seems fun, I'll definitely try it sometime.
>>
>>33081696
until Fairy, I had a reliable system of making sure I could type-trump any opposing pokemon:
>ground
>ice
>fighting
>flying
>dark or ghost
>electric or grass

I plan my team out beforehand, using only new pokemon if it's a new gen (remakes I roll with whatever), and as long as I have those types on my team then I'm set. For example, Torterra covers Ground AND Grass, so that frees up a slot for somebody I just think is cool.

Fairy fucked it up, because now I have to make room for a Steel or Poison type, and I hate those 99% of the time.
>>
>>33081706
My man.

>>33081737
Also this.

I use a pokeharem, I used to allow no type overlapping but as of gen six, too many of my waifus have the same types so I had to bite that bullet. My SuMo in game team consisted of

Gardevoir
Lucario
Primarina
Delphox
Lycanroc (midnight)
And Zoroark

I gen. I don't care. I fap to Pokemon. I also don't care.
>>
This is my team:
Eevee (Slot 1)
Eevee (Slot 2)
Eevee (Slot 3)
Eevee (Slot 4)
Eevee (Slot 5)
Eevee (Slot 6)

No eeveelutions, fapping to pokemon is degenerate, quick attack GOAT
>>
>>33081696
Run 1: 6 Pokemon I think look cool.

Run 2+: 6 Pokemon that I think look cool and that I haven't used before.
>>
File: 1491784650817.jpg (15KB, 315x270px) Image search: [Google]
1491784650817.jpg
15KB, 315x270px
>>33081696
I rotate my party constantly, grinding each mon to the level of the last party. It adds at least 10 ~ 15 hours of "gameplay", creating a "unique gaming experience".
>>
>>33081696
You throw your starter at everything.
They have yet to make a game that can stop you.
>>
>>33085315
>adaptability quick attack
>baton pass z-evoboost
>curse stored power
>normal type synchronoise
>adaptability covet as a better knock off
Prefect team my friend
>>
>>33081696
just randomly.

Grass type (+ poison move like Toxic)
Normal type (HM Slave for most of it like Linoone who literally learns everything)
Psychic Type (special attack powerhouse)
Water type (+ 1 ice attack for all the dragonfags)
Fire type (maybe or Dark Type or Flying Type instead)
Electric Type (for paralysis and being a bird-killer + one other random normal/fighting/steel type move)

I don't enjoy training ghosts, bugs, ice or ground or rock types much so I never really have them. pure poison types aren't that interesting to me nowadays.

usual faves:

>Victreebel/Cuckturne
>Linoone/Lickitung
>Espeon/Alakazam
>Empoleon/Swampert
>Flareon/Magcargo
>Ampharos/Luxray

Staraptor, Seviper, Banette, Skarmory, Hariyama, Mightyena for switching out.
>>
>>33081696
>Pick one Pokemon to be my favourite
>Pick 5 others
>Give them enough coverage to be self-sufficient
>Try to balance physical and special attackers/walls
>>
>>33081696
There's two ways I go about it.

If it's a new gen then it'll all be new pokemon from that gen.

Otherwise I try and go for a different team everytime and use pokemon I haven't use before.
>>
>>33081696
I just catch and use things I haven't used before and see if they turn out to be cool. Made many great bros this way.
>>
>>33081696
First playthrough
>Pokemon introduced in that generation
>Pokemon have designs I like (enough to play through the game with)
>no multiple Pokemon with the same type

Other playthroughs
>Pokemon introduced in that generation
>Pokemon I never used before
>no multiple Pokemon with the same type
I'm pretty boring in that regard.
>>
>>33081696
6 pokemon introduced in the gen unless it's a second time i play the game
>>
>>33082663
>one type
uhhhh.
>>
File: Pokemon_teams.png (375KB, 988x948px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_teams.png
375KB, 988x948px
>>33081696
Pokemon i havent used before or want to use
>>
>>33081696

Catch 6 mons, Wonder Trade until I get mons I like (preferably first stage mons), no overlapping types, bro-tier mons.
>>
File: Betrayal.gif (888KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Betrayal.gif
888KB, 220x220px
>>33081696

whatever looks cool or cute that I find on my journey, or whatever I need to defeat a specific pokemon

I never capture over 12 pokemon and I make sure they're regularly cycled out to gain EXP and so I don't feel like a dick

although their was that one time where I got so buttfrustrated by being stopped every three steps by a zubat in some god forsaken cave
after exhausting my repel supply that I captured a male zubat, named him faggot and threw him up against all the other zubat in the cave, never used him to do anything other than fight enemy zubat in caves and abandoned him in a box on his own until I planned on travelling through another cave

its been three generations since I captured that zubat, he hit level 100 before any other pokemon In my party and I've traded him along into every game

his suffering continues to this day
>>
>>33081696

>Focus on the gen specific mon (No more than 3 mon from other gen)
>no overlapping type (Overlapping type is allowed if thier designs are differents enough (Dragonite and Minor are Ok for exemple)
>No more than 4 pokemon with a specifc gender
>No overlapping color schemes,
>Go out of my way to only play or at least main a mon I never used before or that I hate, to give them a fair shot (That's how I loved (pre-fairy)Azumarill, Sudowoodo, Claydol line and Crustle line, 5th gen fossils, Mr.Mime ect...)
>Avoid Aces of gym leaders, elite 4, important trainers
>Any mon own by any rival of a game are forrbiden
>Nickname is mandatory
>If New gen Starter is mandatory
>If no then it is restricted
>Never be overleveled
>Always One(1) to Ten(10) level lower than the next boss's ace
>I won't buy any new game unless I filled the previous national dex.

Optional
>Choose a theme (Savana, Urban, Object like, Feelings, Music)
>Nuzlocke and monotype are always apprecieted

Believe it or not but thoses rules keep any pokemon game from being boring.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.