[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dbg/ - Dead Board General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: 1499057982800.png (89KB, 269x305px) Image search: [Google]
1499057982800.png
89KB, 269x305px
At this point, I'm more hyped about an unannounced gen than the next set of Pokemon games coming in 4 months.

Gen 8 discussion thread I guess.
>>
I haven't completed my pokedex in sm I can't find a cosmog anywhere and I'm 99% filled.
>>
>>33077031
Lake of the Moonne/Sunne after crossing the portal in the altar

I still have two missing Zygarde cells
>>
>>33077015
This. I'm hyped for Gen 8 but im only interested in usm. I'm buying it because they chance its more like bw2 than emerald and inget it for $29.99. I hope gen 8 hype season starts as soon as possible. Like December 2017 shows a silhouette of the first gen 8 mythica. And in January a trailer with the starters, legendarys, gameplay, and names like x and y.
>>
File: giphy.gif (375KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
375KB, 480x480px
>>33077015
Will Gen 8 have two full price versions on the Switch? Or one version to keep it safe? Surely they don't plan on making people pay 120$ for both versions on top of the console itself, r-right?
>>
File: 1500088826674.jpg (220KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1500088826674.jpg
220KB, 1280x1280px
>>33077059
>This
>but im only interested in usm
Reading comprehension sure goes a long way on this board.
>>
>>33077095
I said that im more excited for gen 8 than usm. Like what op said
>>
>>33077015
What if gen 8 has even more cut from it than SM?
>>
>>33077144
Wouldn't even surprise me.
>>
Gen 8 region is Mexico themed. My dad works at Nintendo.
>>
>>33077078
Why buy both versions? Especially when the switch has multiple saves now.
>>
>>33077144
It'd still be better than any gen 4 game.
>>
>>33077015
>I'm more hyped about an unannounced gen than the next set of Pokemon games coming in 4 months.
Who isn't? Nintendo and Game Freak really fucked up at E3 by announcing the Switch games and giving us fuck all USUM info for 7 weeks.
>>
File: 1499641417828.jpg (104KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499641417828.jpg
104KB, 768x768px
>>33077015
>/dbg/ - Dead Board General

Is this how we should call these meta-/vp/ threads from now on?
>>
>>33077208
The mods have been gone from /a/ for over a day now. There have been 4 meta threads in a row that have hit past 500 posts. Something might be going on with 4chan.
>>
>>33077198
>giving us fuck all USUM info for 7 weeks
Do you REALLY want another XY, ORAS and Sun/Moon, where EVERYTHING about the game is spoiled before release?

Personally, I'm glad there's been no news.
>>
>>33077228
discord kills generals
>>
So all USUM is going to be is what the actual SM game should have been with the cut content added in?
>>
>>33077244
Eh, no.
>>
>>33077236
They could've at least given us a full fucking trailer and not shove a small snippet into a direct focused on a spin off game for the Switch. There was no excuse to not give us TWO (2) seprate trailers in that Pokemon direct.
>>
>>33077208
Until the traffic increases from Gen 8 hype next year, absolutely
>>
>>33077228
>Something might be going on with 4chan.
Maybe 4chan will shut down and set us all free!
>>
File: dfa.png (231KB, 680x449px) Image search: [Google]
dfa.png
231KB, 680x449px
>>33077015
Things I want in Gen 8:
>at least 100 new Pokémon, not counting forms
>voice acting
>music with vocals (think Mario Odyssey or 3D Sonic)
>following Pokémon feature returns
>more exploration and less linearity (ex. you can complete gyms in any order and the gym leaders' Pokémon change their levels to suit your chosen route through the game)
>implement moments where based on the reply you give to someone, the story will change (ex. you can choose to join the evil team and then destroy them from the inside through sabotage)
>a relationship system where you can build bonds with major characters of the opposite gender as your player character
>a new Battle Frontier and updated PWT
>Lillie returns and has a significant role in the games
>>
>>33078073
>voice acting
>music with vocals (think Mario Odyssey or 3D Sonic)
Good god no.
>more exploration and less linearity (ex. you can complete gyms in any order and the gym leaders' Pokémon change their levels to suit your chosen route through the game)
Ironic coming from the lilliefag.
>a relationship system where you can build bonds with major characters of the opposite gender as your player character
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No.
Why do lillieposters have the shittiest taste?
>>
File: 1471504813650.gif (2MB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
1471504813650.gif
2MB, 250x220px
>>33078073
>voice acting
Reminder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcW-mukM6Fs

>implement moments where based on the reply you give to someone, the story will change (ex. you can choose to join the evil team and then destroy them from the inside through sabotage)
Underage please leave

You realize Gen 8 isn't a continuation of Sun and Moon, right?
>>
I would be fine with voice acting as long as it is good. However, given TCPi's track record, it won't be. So no voice acting.
>>
>>33078126
>You realize Gen 8 isn't a continuation of Sun and Moon, right?
Just like how Gen 2 wasn't a continuation of Gen 1? We don't even know what the Gen 8 games are going to be yet. Lillie returning is a high possibility given her overwhelming popularity.
>>
>>33078073
For me, it's:

>More than 100 new Pokémon, and new regional variants, megas, and exclusive z-moves on top of that (Might as well flesh out the features rather than ignore them)
>more robust options, with things such as: Amie/Refresh effects on/off, Trainers in-battle on/off, and other things that deal with QOL and story-side-only effects, and also things that will improve performance. Also please keep L=A permanently.
>Size-accurate Pokémon models - Ratatta vs Giratina should show the massive size of the opposing mon. I want to see a 40 foot long Wailord, darn it. This also counts for trainer models, too - Joltik and Cutiefly should have the camera zoom into them to show how tiny they are compared to the "massive" trainer in the back, and Wailord should dwarf the trainer in turn.
>Mid-battle evolutions: The only thing the anime got right, this would be incredibly hype for the single-player mode. Going up against the first gym leader often, at least for me, levels my starter to its level that it evolves at. If it evolved mid-battle, that would just make it all the more hype.
>toggle-able following Pokémon
>tougher main game, including enemies with a full team of 6 mons, and strats among it, and never have any mons tht inexplicably have a smaller number of moves than they should.
>difficulty options at the beginning of the game
>Mythicals and events have in-game locations like they did pre-gen-6.
>PWT
>Something like Join Avenue, but strictly not Festival Plaza
>Something like PSS
>top floors back in Pokémon Centers, just as an alt option to notPSS
>Pokémon centers and Pokémarts are different buildings again
>larger and more fleshed out region and towns
>evil team isn't "destroy the world" for the umpteenth time
>no Dragon or Psychic legendaries
>Legendaries aren't God-like or important to the story (or at the very least, you don't have to capture it)
>backtrack to less anthropomorphized Pokémon designs, and starters in particular.
>>
>>33078147
this anon gets it
thanks to catchcart and tpci, voice acting in pokemon is a fucking no to me or any sane person
>>
>>33078254
I could have said a bit more but the character limit stopped me, so I'll leave it at that. Thoughts?
>>
>>33077189
oh gen wars of course
>>
>>33078227
>Just like how Gen 2 wasn't a continuation of Gen 1?
That situation was a little fucking different. Lillie is obviously going to appear in USUM, but they're not going to give her such a significant role a third Pokemon game in a row.

>We don't even know what the Gen 8 games are going to be yet
>implying it'll be anything but a new region and completely different plot
Fucking Lilliefags
>>
>>33078262
That looks like a cool list
>no Dragon or Psychic legendaries
Bot that gen 8 is probably going to be china, your asking for the impossible. Gen 7 only had 1 dragon legendary.
>>
File: IMG_2494.jpg (151KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2494.jpg
151KB, 800x450px
Bump. What graphics do you think gen 8 will have? My guess is ga-ole battle graphics and overworld graphics simular to ga-ole or pic related. My guess is somewhere inbetween those.
>>
Part of me hopes they go the open world route after the huge success of Zelda BOTW and the return to more open world structure in Mario Odyssey. I like Pokemon, but it would be nice if GameFreak started experimenting with new ideas that arent glorified cosmetic changes (like trails over gyms).
>>
File: 1499346564095.jpg (13KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
1499346564095.jpg
13KB, 230x208px
>>33077015
Stop being impatient and wanting USM to be rushed to get to Gen 8
>>
>>33077041
That's a Zygarde map online somewhere, it's just a matter of checking them all.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.