[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IIT: Pokemon that need retyping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Celebi.png (540KB, 1300x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Celebi.png
540KB, 1300x1200px
Seriously, why isn't Celebi Fairy/Grass?
Psychic was the closest thing to a fairy back in gen II, so why not make it fairy now?
>>
Because fairy is a gay type and so are you.
>>
>>33074819
Celebi is a literal forest fairy, but at the same time, it is also a time traveler for some reason.

It should be a psychic/grass/fairy mon and you should also be more shocked about gf not introducing triple types yet despite their multiple shark-jumping on the latest gens than about celebi not being retconned into fairy/grass.
>>
>>33074819
because it cant learn psyshock
>>
>>33074852
Like a bug/poison/flying Venomoth?
that would do more harm than good
>>
>>33074819

Legendaries are exempt from type retcons
>>
>>33074819
>>33074852
>>33074963
When I was a kid, I didn't play the games and only watched the anime, so I didn't know mons could only be two types. I remember claiming that Celebi was a Bug/Grass/Psychic/Flying-type and that Dragonite was a Dragon/Water/Fire/Flying-type.
>>
>>33075101
Shame, Fairy-type was the perfect opportunity to cut down on the massive amount of Psychic-type legendaries.
>>
>>33074963
The third type only grants STAB and immunity if it's due (in venomoth's case, ground immunity). That and assuming gf wouldn't give 3rd types to strong pokemon, wpuld be the only way to make it work.
>>
>>33075158
Venomoth is now unaffected by ground type moves, but it's now is weak to thunder and ice, is it worth it?
>>
>>33074852
You overlook that time travel can be explained by magic as well as psychic phenomena. In fact, I would more readily believe this thing uses magic to travel through time, than some kind of extreme brainpower.

It has fairy/insect wings and antenna. It literally IS a fairy, even if it's not Fairy type, ala Charizard.

>>33075156
This.

>Celebi; Grass/Fairy
>Jirachi; Steel/Fairy
>Lake Trio; Psychic/Fairy. People always try to interject and say that they're based on attributes of the human mind so they should be Psychic, but they can be BOTH types. Their names all come from fairylike creatures and them being Fairy would make sense since they can counter the Dragon Trio.
>Cresselia; Psychic/Fairy or Fairy. Now, it actually would effectively counter Darkrai, like everything about it says it should.
>Manaphy; Water/Fairy. I believe it's based on a sea angel or sea fairy or something. Plus it would help distinguish it from Phione a little.
>Victini; Fire/Fairy
>Meloetta; Fairy/Psychic and Fairy/Fighting. I kind of like it Normal though.

Jirachi is a little debateable, because it has a third eye on its stomach and is connected to space, so they probably wouldn't change it from Psychic.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.