[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Pokémon are good against the unfair ass Battle Tree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: 1492994901726.jpg (81KB, 1000x940px) Image search: [Google]
1492994901726.jpg
81KB, 1000x940px
What Pokémon are good against the unfair ass Battle Tree?
>>
Mega Salamence
Greninja
Aegislash
Pheromosa
>>
Mimikyu
>>
>>33074515
In XY I liked Char-Y and Talonflame for my lead.
>>
Z-Conversion Porygon-Z.
>>
>>33074515
now i want a raichu-themed mouse, thanks anon.
>>
I got to 80+ streak effortlessly with

Tapu Koko
Celesteela
Garchomp

lead with Tapu Koko and sweep with Thunderbolt/Dazzling Gleam as much as possible. If you suspect a Ground/Poison-type move is coming, swap to Celesteela to negate it and start spamming Heavy Slam/Flamethrower. Then if there's an Electric/Fire-type move coming for Celesteela swap to Garchomp for the resist and start spamming Dragon Claw/Earthquake

easy wins
>>
File: super doubles.jpg (526KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
super doubles.jpg
526KB, 1280x720px
In Singles, anything that can spam a strong 100acc STAB and also not die in one turn. Do not under any circumstances rely on High Jump Kick.

A-Raichu/Tapu Koko, Kartana, and M-Salamence for Doubles.
>>
I rushed singles with Ash-Greninja, Mega Charizard X, and Contrary Serperior
>>
>>33074551
Be careful with mimikyu tho, if you wncounter Cynthia she'll fuck your shit up with mega lucario
>>
Sturdy Shedinja
>>
>>33074515
lead with tail glow focus sash xurkitree, this sweeps a lot of teams
then use lele/mega salamence to do the rest
>>
>>33074515
I got to 50 on my first try with this team and stopped there.

Gyarados-Mega(Intimidate)
Waterfall
Crunch
Ice Fang
Dragon Dance

The lead. This is a fantastic Mega to take on the battle tree with because the AI never predicts you changing types, so you can always minimize damage by skipping the guesswork and changing to whichever type combination does less. Just Dragon Dance when you can and you should sweep a good chunk of the teams with Gyarados alone.

Magnezone(Sturdy)@Electrium-Z
ThunderBolt
Flash Cannon
Tri-Attack
Electric Terrain

Magnezone's there for the electric types and fairies that would plague Mega Gyarados. Chances are you'll be switching into it to take an electric move, fairy move, or status move. Z-Electric terrain increases speed and powers up electric moves, and can be set up on sleepers like Amoonguss to dodge Spore. Alternatively, you can Electric Terrain, then Gigavolt Havoc for a sure hit on stuff like Double Team users. Sturdy also means it's a guaranteed switch on anything you're not sure any of the three can take.

Garchomp(Rough Skin)@Earth Plate
Earthquake
Outrage
Stone Edge
Iron Head

Again, just like Magnezone, Garchomp mainly switches into any leads Gyarados doesn't want to deal with and takes them out so it can set up. EdgeQuake coverage plus Outrage and Iron Head to surprise Fairies and Ice Types should be enough to get by.

I used a team of Mega Salamence, Mimikyu, and Starmie first and I had trouble around the 40 streak area. I did use Serebii's trainer catalogue to see the sets. I felt it was fair since the computer actively counterteams you as you go.
>>
Mega Salamence
Garchomp
Mimikyu

And for multi battle Id try and get Cynthia. She saved my ass multiple times.
>>
>>33074716
for garchomp why earth plate over scarf?
>>
It's not all that unfair. Every AI you see will use the same strategy with each 'mon. Weavile will Fake Out then Fling a Razor claw, for example. Hell, I've seen Gengar spam Hypnosis against a Hypno with Insomnia over and over again.
>>
>>33074515
I used a team of scarf xurkitree, celesteela, and garchomo and only lost at battle 100 something because I was frozen for 8 turns
>>
Jolly Truant Durant @Choice Scarf
172 HP / 108 Def / 228 Spe
Entrainment
Aerial Ace
X-Scissor
Protect

Just hit Entrainment and switch. If you can't for some reason because of an Espeon, X-Scissor can OHKO it.

Battle Armor Adamant Drapion@Black Sludge
252ATT/252SPD/4SP Def
Accupressure
Substitute
Knock Off
Protect

Switch from the Durant, and go Substitute>Protect>Acupressure>Acupressure>Substitute>Protect until you use Accupressure 21 times, and then spam Knock Off. At +6 in everything it really doesn't matter what gets sent in anymore, because it'll almost always die instantly, or keep missing. If it manages to attack, it can't crit. Taunt and Roar can stop this though, but they could end up switching your Durant in.

Doesn't really matter what you use as a third pokemon, but I'd go Jolly Megamence.
4 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 236 Spe

Substitute
Ddance
Roost
Return

Backup plan if Drapion somehow dies, which is uncommon. If Drapion dies, just switch in Durant, use Entrainment, and then clean up with Salamence. If Durant gets Faked Out, Salamence can usually handle it.
Strategy is is a lot like battle facilities in general, boring and it takes forever. But it works.
>>
>>33074814
Thawing is impossible in the Battle Tree. I always ran a pokemon that had Scald because of this.
>>
>>33074515
Aegislash+Mega Salamence+Parting Shot User

Pretty much, abuse the stupid AI. Spam Parting Shot, King Shield and Intimidate to lower stats from the opponent. Then sub up with MegaMence and spam dd and win
>>
>>33074767
Because I've had instances where I don't do enough damage with Earthquake, have to use a non-outrage move but can't afford to be locked in because they have another pokemon, and/or not needed the speed for anything. I would go life orb, but I've also had some close call lives that allowed me extra Rough Skin damage. Earth Plate makes Earthquake as powerful as Outrage and you don't get locked in, so when you usually go with STAB, it helps being able to pick up the same KOs as Outrage on neutral effectiveness without being locked in. I may just be paranioia on my part, but I don't like being locked in on a non-outrage move when I don't know what pokemon they have. Outrage is more a necessary evil on Dragon Claw not doing enough and Dragon Rush being unreliable.
>>
File: 1496964735024.png (773KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496964735024.png
773KB, 1280x720px
>>33074515
I used Tapu Lele and Mega Salamence with much success. For Multi Battles, make sure you recruit Cynthia with a Mega Lucario beforehand.
>>
>>33074716
>>33074820
More like these please. I don't like using legendaries/ubs for these things.
>>
>>33074814
>because I was frozen for 8 turns
I fucking hate hax machine so much
>>
hit 25+ on Super using this team, it wasn't defeated, I just got bored
Rotom-Wash @Chesto Berry
Hydro Pump
Will-O-Wisp
Volt Switch
Rest
Volcarona @Grassium Z
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Giga Drain
Bug Buzz
Metagross @Metagross
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake
Hone Claws/Ice Punch
(I switched to Ice Punch about halfway, hone claws is still good on it though)
>>
>>33076417
Oh for fuck's sake, that Battle Tower/Frontier shit again?

I used hacked mons back then and I'm tempted to use hacked mons now.

If I did, what hacked mons would you want to see in no-commentary(no mic, I'm a poorfag) youtube vids? Pre-Mega Evolved pokemon holding Life Orbs or Choice Bands, Pure Power Arceus, Wonder Guard, pikachu with Light Ball and fucking Impostor, it's all on the table.
>>
>>33076572
Wonder Guard, Air Balloon, Electric type desu.
>>
Aegislash
Dragonite
Porygon2
>>
>>33076622
*desu
>>
>>33074515
Komala can fuck with the AI, but is ultimately a meme-pick
Top Lel is good, and you can see her counters from a mile away
Mega-Mence is ultimately similar to top Lel, but beware Ice Shard
Aegislash can be used once you get to know the tree.

Include SOMETHING with sleep talk, and something else with a fire move or Scald. No exceptions.
Include SOMETHING with Swift/Aura Sphere/Darkest Lariat, ect. No exceptions.
In general, do not use <100% accurate moves, over 50 or so battles, you WILL get fucked over. You do not know pain until a 95% accurate move misses 4 times in a row.
High speed is important. You do not know pain until something lands 3 consecutive Guillotines.

Or just inject something retarded if you are just after the items. It is noted that the Battle Tree actually cheats itself, using illegal sets like Shell Smash Kommo-O, RNG manipulation, and suspected input reading.
>>
>>33076622
Too predictable, and we're just begging some Scrappy/Mold Breaker/Fire Fangs cunt to ruin the joke.

How about something so good, it can't be countered, or can only be countered by something highly specific another mon on my team can counter?
>>
>>33076721
>How about something so good, it can't be countered, or can only be countered by something highly specific another mon on my team can counter?
This is good, because Choice Scarf imposter Ditto does exist.
>>
>>33076735
>Choice Scarf imposter Ditto
>not Light Ball impostor Pikachu or Eviolite impostor Chansey

We're trying to break the game wide open here and call it flashy and stylish to get away with it.
>>
>>33076670
>Komala can fuck with the AI, but is ultimately a meme-pick
nani?
>>
>>33076774
He slepp
He can't be poisoned
His stats aren't that good tho
>>
File: No comprehendo.png (314KB, 486x613px) Image search: [Google]
No comprehendo.png
314KB, 486x613px
>>33076774
The AI does not comprehend Comatose, and will repeatedly try to status it.

>>33076772
I think he meant be careful with your broken mons, and have an obscure counter to it, because if the enemy sends out Choice Scarf imposter Ditto then they have your brokenmon, but faster.
>>
>>33074716
>earth plate
soft sand can do the trick too?
>>
>>33078377
You're right, it can. I used the same set in X and Y and had the Earth Plate by then and it was further up in my inventory, so that's force of habit showing. There was also the fact that it only boosted it by 10 percent before and I preferred to just avoid the confusion in case it was still 10 percent since Earth Plate's been 20 percent since its introduction. Plus, it just sounds cooler.
>>
>>33074515
I used Minior, Mimikyu, and Xurkitree.
>>
>>33076572
Pure Power Regigigas.
>>
>>33074515
Where can I buy one?
>>
File: a825b3233adec6f0b49c47fac5a138d2.png (922KB, 992x1403px) Image search: [Google]
a825b3233adec6f0b49c47fac5a138d2.png
922KB, 992x1403px
What about super battle tree? I can't get to 50 battles for the life of me.
>>
>>33076572
>Safety Goggles Sturdy Shedinja w/ Endeavor
>Innards Out Guzzlord
>Water Bubble Greninja/Floatzel
>Prankster Aegislash-Shield/Cosmoem
>-ate abilities + Extreme Speed
>>
>>33074618
charizard moveset/EVs?
>>
>>33074515
>OP references a shitmon that is terrible for Battle Tree
>>
>>33074515
tapu Koko , Kartana and garchomp singles set
>>
>>33076364
This. Fuck the tapus and the Autism beasts
>>
I was thinking of using a team of Fairium-Z Mimikyu, M-Metagross and Scarf Hydreigon. How do you think this team will stack up?
>>
>>33080225
I had to use a lum berry on mimikyu because the tree kept using status moves on him.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.