[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went RIGHT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: oras.jpg (88KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
oras.jpg
88KB, 620x420px
What went RIGHT?
>>
>>33065892
>dexnav
>soaring
>secret bases
>even speedier surfing
>primal themes
>mega fug
>DEOXYS
>>
Story, character development and Pokénav.
>>
>>33065892
Basically everything except no BF and no Faraway Island, Navel Rock, etc. events.
>>
Everything
>>
The breeding loop next to a day care, Megas, and the new Archie
>>
>>33065899
>dexnav
>soaring
>secret bases
>even speedier surfing
I miss all of these things so bad.
>>
>>33065941
You mean the loop that if you actually use it as intended, slows you down constantly on the back side? That's not a plus.

Realistically the only things that went right were the Delta Episode, how they made Wally's final interaction more than just you walking through same old same old cave, and finally giving a chance to get some of the story legends Shiny in-game.

Everything else was either done shitily, like said loop or was basically something they brought back from another game and/or if said game wasn't Gen 6 something that never should've been removed in the first place and thus isn't a point in their favor but for the game they premiered in.
>>
>>33065892
>what went right?
Everything they added that wasn't in RS

>what went wrong?
everything they took from RS and dumbed down.
>>
>>33065892
not the game balance sadly
>>
Blissey bases. That's literally it. And it probably wasn't even intentional.

>m-muh dexnav
useless if you aren't a fucking casual and already caught everything from the dozen of other games.
>>
>>33066066
Frontier is useless if i already beat it in Emerald.
>>
>>33066093
Except the Frontier in Emerald didn't have any of the new mechanics/battle formats or any of the 300+ Pokemon they added since then.
>>
File: tumblr_ngylbvSaz11srsr5jo1_500.png (202KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngylbvSaz11srsr5jo1_500.png
202KB, 500x727px
Mega Altaria went right.

The games effectively added 20 new Pokemon to play with, that's more than any past game within the same generation counting every new form and unreleased event. USUM better have that many new Megas.
>>
>>33066783
USUM will have zero new megas. Alolan forms, on the other hand...
>>
>>33066093
The whole game is useless if you already beat Emerald. The point of remakes is for people who HAVEN'T played it.
>>
>>33066066
>dexnav is bad
2 words
HIDDEN ABILITIES
>>
>>33065892
Basically everything. It vastly improved existing content, fixed every issue with the original games, provided the ideal online service and added a ton of new content, including the most important thing, new monsters. ORAS sets the standard for what remakes should be going forward.
>>
>>33066066
Dexnav is a better feature than literally any feature from your favorite game.
>>
>>33067082
better than having to wait until post-game and hoping you get a friend safari of the type of the pokemon you want.
or spending half an hour on SoS encounters.
>>
>>33067082
What 2 words? Where's the rest of your post?

>>33067162
Nope. It's a fucking boring feature that's useless to people who aren't casuals.
>>
It was superior to RS in every way, the only downside being no battle frontier. The best 3ds game and the only one with replay value. Tonne of legendaries to catch. DexNav enabled to obtain every hidden ability of every pokemon in the wild. Mirage spots included rare mons from unova, sinnoh and johto.

>>33067165
Sos wasn't that bad. I used it a lot and it takes at most 15 minutes to get the HA, even less with obvious abilities like water absorb or lightning rod. what I didn't like about dexnav was how tedious it behaved in caves. Plus you get a lot more shinies from SOSing. I got a shiny pikipek and elekid within 10 minutes
>>
>>33067179
Gee, casuals in pokémon. Who would have thought?
>>
>>33067179
Stop whining. Nobody forces you to use dexnav. The closest thing to the utility of dexnav is poketch and that was mediocre and full of useless shit like coinflip. It's the best use of bottom screen we ever got
>>
>>33065892
This fucking thread again.
>>
>>33065892
>Dexnav
Dexnav, even if its grindy, is faitly addicting. It gives you that hunting aspect that pokemon never really had. The pokemon with standard low% capture rates had a much higher chance appearing in the Dexnav overworld so that pokemon like chimeco, kekleon, and ralts wernt bitches and a half to obtain

>secret bases
the overhaul and expansion to the secret bases was a great thing, even if you used them mostly for Blissey grinding. But because of Blissey Bases, ORAS became by far the best place to grind pokemon without the use of glitches

>flying to individual routes, and landmarks
really an underrated feature. Because of how Hoenn is structered, being able to choose specific places instead of having to fly to a city and spraying repels makes many aspects better.

>decreased encounter rates and shorter water routes
Pretty self explanatory. Most people's problems with the hoenn rates were the "too much water" aspect of it. I never really minded the water routes, but I just wish there was more pokemon variety instead of Wingull and Tentacool everywhere.
>>
How can anyone defend the ORAS secret bases when you cant fucking fight the team the other player currently had with him? With legendaries and same levels and all.

RSE bases were fucking superior.

>cant fight six level 100 Blisseys
Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>33067276
>It's the best use of bottom screen we ever got
After actually having the friggin' menu there
>>
>>33067360
>friggin'
L O L
>>
>>33067360
Are you retarded? Is pressing B such a struggle to you?
>>
>>33067725
Not retarded enough to forget that the menu is opened with X, not B.
>>
>>33067360
>>33067750
but the menu is sitll there tho.
>>
>>33067805
Yes it is, and it's great.
It's just that if I had to choose between bringing the dexnav menu to USUM or the insta-touch menu, I'd choose the latter in a heartbeat.
>>
>>33067255
Casuals shouldn't be on this board. It's literally against the rules.

>>33067276
>Nobody forces you to use dexnav
Doesn't make it good.

>The closest thing to the utility of dexnav is poketch
Poketch, PSS, Super Training, HGSS bottom screen are all more useful than Dexnav.
>>
EVERYTHING in ORAS went RIGHT. They are 10000000000% better than Sun and Moon, which are both utter shit.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.