[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Tsareena any good competitively? I had one late-game that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 763Tsareena_Dream.png (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
763Tsareena_Dream.png
61KB, 300x300px
Is Tsareena any good competitively? I had one late-game that basically sweeped Kukui (High Jump Kick + High speed stat worked in my favor) and I wanna know if it'd be worth breeding one as a sweeper.
>>
The only way to really make Tsareena a viable attacker would be to attach a choice scarf to it, but even then it can be outclassed so its risky.

With rapid spin/synthesis and its considerable bulk it can be a decent support/spinner
>>
>>33063335
Really? It's base attack is pretty good, and it learns stomp early...

Did I just get lucky, stat-wise?
>>
>>33063345

you're asking about competitive battling and you're using in game for reference. it can't sweep because it's slow. its only niches are as a spinner and as a pivot/cleaner with scarf
>>
>>33063345
Tsareena has good bulk and attack, but its base speed is very lackluster and a sweeper needs good to have speed. That's why it would pretty much need the scarf 100%.

It gets decent fighting/fairy coverage, but the grass typing also really let's it down.

It's not awful by any means, but if we're speaking competitive there are more viable scarf users out there.
>>
>>33063323
Better than like 75% of Alola mons. It's one of the only non legend mon in UU along with Muk and the starters introduced in gen 7.

She is a great bulky spinner. And having the grass type gives her unique resistances, watch out for the common weakness tho. You could also take advantage of her ability by using choice scarf so that she'll 100% out speed the common metagame.
>>
>>33063345
Also, you'd probably not want stomp.

Almost all attacking sets for Tsareena will have trop kick for the grass STAB/attack drop, play rough, high jump kick, and u-turn for the pivot.
>>
>>33063323
It's ok in UU
>>
>>33063379
I was debating on using her or Toxapex in my Battle Royale team. (Others are Klefki and Alolan Raichu), so it's good to know she'd make a better spinner.
>>
Defensive Tsareena is good. This is what I use:

Tsareena @ Leftovers
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Trop Kick
>>
>>33063442
Any particular nature I should go for with this set?
>>
>>33063379
>along with Muk
It's kind of crazy that out of all the new Pokemon introduced, none of them compare to the OLD Pokemon.

Many of which were PU shitters before they got Alola forms.
>>
>>33063458
*not counting legends/UBs
>>
>>33063448
It says impish right there under the ev spread
>>
It's trash
>>
>>33063448
It says Impish. +Def -SpA
>>
>>33063433
Don't use Tsaareena there, Battle royale is a piece of slow shit barely rewarding content, if you are playing it for the battle pose/throwing style then just use this:
>Adamant Silvally with Normal gem, Sword dance, Explosion and filler moves.
>Your standard smogon Toxapex with Toxic Spikes.
>Mega-Salamence.
So you just SD and then explode with Silvally, after that you set up Toxic spikes (poison deaths will count as yours) or fuck shit up with Balancemence. After you complete every rank, say good bye to that garbage dump and never go back.
>>
>>33064075
>Adamant Silvally with Normal gem, Sword dance, Explosion and filler moves.
Why use Normal Gem when Life Orb does the same damage?
>>
>>33063323
Ingame, whatever. You can use whatever you want.
Competitively, it's too slow to be a sweeper, and doesn't hit quite hard enough to be a wallbreaker. It also doesn't have as thorough a selection of status and support moves as grass types typically get, so it is limited.
Tsareena's main niche is as a Rapid spin user of an unusual type, or a somewhat meme-ey Scarf revenge.
You are typically looking at something like Trop Kick+U-Turn/Rapid Spin+Play Rough+High Jump Kick.
>>
>>33064302
Gems are 1.5x boosts if I'm remembering correctly, while LO is only 1.3x.
>>
>>33064343
Gems were nerfed to 1.3x.

So yeah, Life Orb is better.
>>
>>33065957
To continue, I'd rather use Normalium Z so you have another nuke to break out before using Explosion.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.