[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo switch will save Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 16

3ds era was a disaster

Time is here for king to shine
>>
File: 1484975657719.png (10KB, 436x129px)
1484975657719.png
10KB, 436x129px
>>33061928
are you happy now? please leave.
>>
File: 1483155414771.jpg (13KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
1483155414771.jpg
13KB, 230x208px
Stop complaining about the 3DS games
>>
>>33061946
It's shit necrozma. You can't save them
>>
Friendly reminder that the 3DS era was objectively better than the DS era and the only people who disagree are underage DSbabbies.
>>
>>33061946
>>
What's the next step up from a "disaster"? An apocalypse?
>>
Nintendo switch is shit console with only one screen and paid online and not touchable lol and many people can't afford it because it's expensive as fuck and even if you can afford it you're better off getting a ps4 or xbox one for the same prize, $witch pokemon games will sell maybe 1 or 2 million copies only
>>
>>33062077
Da fuck
>>
I'm probably skipping usm and waiting for switch game
>>
>>33061928
finally no limitations
>>
File: 1.jpg (36KB, 418x292px)
1.jpg
36KB, 418x292px
>>33062077
It really is summer, wow
>>
>>33062077
Nice bait. Or worst bait. Either way congratulations
>>
File: 8474884.png (28KB, 960x872px)
8474884.png
28KB, 960x872px
>>33062077
>it's expensive as fuck
>>
File: it's that time.jpg (136KB, 600x397px)
it's that time.jpg
136KB, 600x397px
>>33062077
>>
>>33061928

Yes, It's time for next generation of gaming technology
>>
>>33061928
If Prime 4 looks like shit i probably won't bother. I've skipped a gen before, so I don't mind waiting.
>>
>>33062210
Except that it's winter where I live, get rekt $witchfag go back to play one of the games from the amazing switch library (3 or 4 games I think)
>>
>>33062077
The real problem is that the Switch, from the ground up, is poorly equipped to be a Pokemon machine.
The only people that seem to care are the ones that think graphics are more important than gameplay when even Gamefreak was dubious about the Switch(before announcement) and still not sure people will use it(After announcement).
It's horrible from a handheld perspective as well, a recent thread had a picture of is shooting out of a baggy pocket, and even if you manage to get a bag and can fit it to go out with you its a third the price of the system to make it "tolerable" on the go from a build standpoint.

This is, of course, if you ignore the terrible battery life. Tried to bring this shit on my commute and realized I have essentially bought a glorified WiiU. Combine with home console pricing and game design, which cuts down on the social aspect of pokemon due to both paid online and any given household only having one Switch, and we're going back to link cable levels of shitty multiplayer.

Enjoy your (you).
>>
File: re.png (70KB, 625x626px)
re.png
70KB, 625x626px
Reminder.
>>
>>33061928
>Could have gotten pokemon on a more powerful handheld
>Instead you prefer it to go against basic game theme on a home console when we could have gotten a game like Colosseum.
>>
>>33062249
The real pisser is having to share a save file with everybody in your family. I live alone now, sure, but I feel bad for the kid's that will have to share a save file with their idiot siblings.
>>
3ds fans and pirate fagsstill in deniel?

Enjoy pirating a rehash of a shit games on 3ds as your last Pokemon experience

Switch is coming
>>
>>33062269
What are you talking about? Switch has a system level account system, each account has its own saves.
>>
>>33062271
>enjoying the WiiU 2.0
>>
>>33062241
The switch does have touchscreen though
>>
>>33062290
Pokemon has never allowed multiple save files, and some games on the Switch(like the WiiU) share the same savefile across multiple accounts.

No multiple save files this gen, sadly...
>>
>>33062319
Shit. There goes my motivation.
>>
November 18 the day after USM releases

Gen 8 hype begins
>>
>>33062347
I dunno this might be where I stop playing pokemon.
I prefer handhelds and my Switch just kind of collects dust, so it might be a while before I even bother.
>>
>>33062319
Multiple save files are built into the switch's software you illiterate retard if you read the comment you're responding to you would know (Not the anon you were talking to btw)
>>
>>33062353
Well a ton of Pokemon fans left the board after sun and moon.

Hype season doesn't always have to lead to buying game.

The lore is fun unless you want to completely quit Pokemon. Then is it what it is
>>
>>33062359
Except some games DO share saves between accounts.
We just need to accept pokemon is going to be one of these.
>>
>>33062359
>he doesn't know
>>
>>33062030
Playing since Gen 1 released in NA in 1998 and while they had some nice QoL upgrades (X/Y in particular) overall, no they're not.

They removed way too many things for what are asinine reasons or for what amount to no reason whatsoever for that to be true even with the QoL changes.
>>
People still defend this shit. 240p
>>
>>33062468

Kind of like how people like you defend graphics at the cost of gameplay?
Nothing Pokemon will do in Gen 8 will use the Switch's hardware, at best we'll see a graphical jump around 9.
>>
>>33062414
>>33062319

It won't. I will bet you $100 bucks on it.

Pokemon is an online game, and needs authentication using your Nintendo Account, so you have to select one. It's a game that requires multiple accounts to work.

Heck, read the leaked SDK. It mentions pretty clearly which kinds of games require multiple accounts. The only one so far so that doesn't is 1-2 Switch.
>>
>>33062487
How does it cost the gameplay?
>>
>>33062468
Better 240p in a game with heavy social aspects and trading/interaction I can take with me than a 720p game(that will still look much like Sun/Moon) that ties me to my house.
>>
>>33062359
1-2 Switch all ready requires a single save across many accounts, so the means are there.

Especially with Pokemon trading/battling being online, and multiple versions being offered, you can bet your ass kids will be forced to share a save.
>>
>>33062414
Saves will probably be limited by game but if you buy both versions you'll have two saves.

This is just a ploy to make the twoversion system mean something.
>>
>>33062077
>Nintendo switch is shit console
It's not a console, it's a handheld you can pretend is a console if you so wish and it's an awesome handheld to boot. Stop comparing it to the things it is not even trying to compete with, you numbskull.

>with only one screen
You mean just like every other handheld in existence besides the DS and 3DS? I admit I'll miss it but it's really not necessary. Especially with all the buttons we have on the N3DS and Switch that could be used for quick overlay menus.

>paid online
Because paying for better servers etc. and having a proper ability to complain about the online being shit since you're paying for it - at a third the cost of the other companies for a year, no less - is totally a bad thing.

>not touchable
If it's not then your phone isn't either fucktard because it's the same kind of screen on the Switch - capacitive as opposed to the resistive on the 3DS.

Again, I'll admit to preferring resistive but you can definitely touch it and in a way most people probably prefer. Can't see any other reason all phones would use it otherwise.

>many people can't afford it because it's expensive as fuck
Poorfags aren't a reason something is bad. Are airplanes bad because not everyone can afford one? Of course they aren't ya 'tard.

There's also a reason I'll mention in a second in response to your last statement.

>even if you can afford it you're better off getting a ps4 or xbox one for the same prize
More comparison to things it's not competing with since it does things they don't. Still nonsense.

TBC...
>>
>>33062077
And finally...
>$witch pokemon games will sell maybe 1 or 2 million copies only
Yeah, in the first month of release, maybe.

Your obsession with it being only a console when it is quite clearly not has blinded you to what Nintendo does with their fucking handhelds - multiple different versions at multiple different levels of price/functionality.

All they have to do is drop the Bluetooth, attach the Joycon, drop the dock and just generally make it smaller and bam! A Switch for poorfags like yourself.

It's almost guaranteed this will appear somewhere near the start of Gen 8 too. Not only did they purposely release the 2DS alongside Gen 6 in the past, Pokémon itself is likely one of the reason they went handheld primarily with this "console". They NEED Pokémon on it this time to assure it doesn't fail and Game Freak was dead set on making them only for platforms you could take with you.

There is no reason to think the Switch itself will do any worse than the 3DS, especially once variants start releasing.
>>
>>33062030
3DS era was better than every before it, period.
>>
>>33062556
First off, even internally Nintendo refers it as a home console. It has the price of a home console, it has the exclusives of a home console, and handheld mode is extremely shitty between portability and battery life.
It's a "handheld" in the same way WiiU is a handheld.
>Because paying for better servers etc.
The servers aren't any better, we're just paying for what we got for free before. Nintendos currently server quality was *only* tolerable because it was free.
>More comparison to things it's not competing with since it does things they don't. Still nonsense.
Thats like saying Gamecube wasn't in comparison to the PS2 because the PS2 played DVDs.
The Xbone is a home console, the PS4 is a home console, and the Switch is a home console.
Heck I'm sure the vita acts as a second screen to some games on go, or so I've heard?
>>
>>33062578
Not a chance

The faster it ends the better
>>
>>33062561
>Game Freak was dead set on making them only for platforms you could take with you.
Yet here is is on the Switch
>>33062561
>Your obsession with it being only a console when it is quite clearly not has blinded you to what Nintendo does with their fucking handhelds - multiple different versions at multiple different levels of price/functionality.

No, see, Nintendo handhelds get revisions. The home consoles only get minis near the end of the lifespan.
Did the Gamecube/Wii/WiiU get hardware revisions to this extent? No.
Despite what you want to believe the home console aspect trumps the "handheld" aspect, especially where it matters: Nintendo.

The best we can do is hope for a handheld release/crossplay(monster hunter can do this with the fucking 3DS its not too hard).
>>
>>33061928

>>33061928

The only thing that would save Pokemon is giving the main series to a different developer.

The game got too big for Gamefreak 3 gens ago.
>>
Weaker hardware is not the issue with Pokemon right now. I'd say stronger hardware would make it worse, as more time would be put into the visual assets instead of the content.

What's important is new Pokemon, creative moves and abilities, an interesting plot, a world that is exciting to explore, and engaging post game content. Bringing back beloved features that were removed for no good reason would also help improve the experience, things like the Pokeathlon, Contests, Following Pokemon, Super Training, DexNav, Autorun, the underground, a large Battle Frontier, and the Friend Safari would only serve to improve the experience.

Switch, 3DS, DS, GBA, or Gameboy, that's still what matters most.
>>
>>33062249
The real problem is that you're an underage faggot that doesn't own a switch and won't unless mommy shills some cash so you feel the need to go on the internet to scream IT SUUUUCKS until you convince yourself that it is true.
Now if you really had tried the console or had been in close range to one you won't say any of this. The Switch is PERFECT for Pokémon. That is because the console allows you to play more or less on the same level both in handheld and on the tv. This means that for the first time in 22 fucking years we're going to be able to play a main Pokémon game in HD. That would be enough to sell as many Pokémon + Switch as Nintendo can produce. There's also the tabletop multiplayer, which is the real star of the Switch and that Nintendo is really trying to feature in every game. They'll probably include a mode to create 2 quick teams and battle on the spot. That'll be amazing. The console is portable, so you can carry it with you, trade and battle. But you can also do so on the tv. The paid online will probably be limited only to the online battling (and if this means that it's going to better than the shitshow that it is now I'll gladly pay 20$ even to trade online).
The Switch IS the most social console Nintendo has ever done. Is powerful and capable and portable and you always got AT LEAST two controller. That's the magic of the switch. Now go do your summer homework.
Also the battery is better than the O3DS' one. Enjoy.
>>
>>33062353
>I prefer handhelds and my Switch just kind of collects dust, so it might be a while before I even bother.
No it doesn't. You don't own one. Why people feel the need to fucking lie on the internet for christ's sake it's anonymous here.
>>
>>33061928
If its better graphics you want then sure

When it comes to content though... dont be naive, GF made it clear they're not interested in making long and stuffed games.

Also GF obviously will be very careful at least with their first Switch game. They wont go all out just like they didnt do that with RS, DP and XY
>>
>>33063642
only anon with a brain itt
imagine being so autistic you feel the need to complain about something you don't own

and if he does own it it just makes him a blithering retard
>>
>>33062512
Your supposed to take off tge joycons when putting it in your pocket
>>
>>33062582
You can take the switch with you on the go. It's a handheld
>>
>>33062347

The hype already has begun.
>>
>>33062657
Nintendo SPD is what you need.
>>
>>33063583
Actually, gamefreak said the 3ds was limiting what they could do in an 3d interview.
>>
>>33063893
Would they still be limited if they still used sprites?

It was only limiting because they decided to use future proofed 3D models instead of a less demanding alternative. What can't the 3DS that the DS already successfully did?
>>
File: 1401126371486.jpg (59KB, 500x400px)
1401126371486.jpg
59KB, 500x400px
>>33063642
>>33063873
>>33063882
>le ebin "switch is a real handheld" meme
stop wearing cargo pants kids, you won't get any girls like that.
>>
>>33061928
Only gen 6 was a disaster.
>>
>>33063925
this, i don't get the SM hate at all.
>>
>>33063919
Well, my switch fits in my shorts fine when i take off the joycons.
>>33063912
That would be downgrading technology
>>
>>33063936
SM is literally gen 6 with some QoL improvements and visual improvements. Honestly feel there was more optional content in gen 6 even but its probably negligible, the two gens are pretty much the same game
>>
>>33063984
>the two gens are pretty much the same game
The fuck are you on about? How are they anything alike?
>>
>>33063984
>literally gen 6 with some QoL improvements
you mean downgrades right ?
>>
Switch is garbage, move it on PC where it will truly shine.
>>
>>33063992
Overbearing handholding, stopping the player to explain everything in a cutscene, bland friendly rival, no challenge, no postgame, no exploration, rushed, cut content.
>>
>>33063873
>taking off something you can lose easily that costs a third of the console to replace just to make it fit in your pocket
>it still doesnt fit in your pocket.
>>33063882
You don't actually own a Switch, do you? Tell me how i'm supposed to this places when ti doesnt fit in pockets, barely fits in bags, has shit battery life,and is fragile as shit?
>>
>>33063642
>This means that for the first time in 22 fucking years we're going to be able to play a main Pokémon game in HD.
>theHD is more important than remaining on something you can take as a handheld and gameplay

I want summer to end
>>
>>33063893
They also said the Switch would be a poor fit for Pokemon in one interview, stating they wanted pokemon to remain handheld.
A second interview said they needed to research how people would use the Switch as well because they were really banking on a handheld.

It's trading one limitation for another.
>>
>>33064008
you should go back more gens than 2 if that's what you're gripes are
>>
>>33064057
>barely fits in bags,
this thread sucks huge cocks but this made me chuckle
>>
>>33063642
>This means that for the first time in 22 fucking years we're going to be able to play a main Pokémon game in HD.
What in pokemon requires HD? Why is this suddenly an issue?
>There's also the tabletop multiplayer, which is the real star of the Switch and that Nintendo is really trying to feature in every game. They'll probably include a mode to create 2 quick teams and battle on the spot. That'll be amazing.
I don't get how this is any different than the multiplayer we have on the 3DS, the difference being the 3DS is far more convenient to carry places. Unless you mean use the same system to battle, but we both know that wont happen.
>They'll probably include a mode to create 2 quick teams and battle on the spot
Hah.
>The paid online will probably be limited only to the online battling
Ok now I'm sure you're shitposting.
>>
>>33064077
>>33064077
I don't want to pack a second bag just for my Switch, anon. I take up enough room as it is.
>>
>>33064084
yes you've made that clear. also peep this video re: switch durability https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG4ihWOEtpA
its actually kind of fascinating.
>>
Thanks God that poorfags and lots of underages will finally leave this board when Gen 8 releases.
>>
>>33064094
Yes you say that but the Switch can be scratched by it's own dock.
There's more to a system being fragile than merely being able to "work"
>>
I don't know whats more laughable. The guy trying to claim anybody who doesn't like the Switch doesn't own one, or the guys that keep getting baited into commenting in this thread.

The Switch is shit. We get it. We also have to deal with it.
>>
>>33064120
I thought the dock issue rare and caused by faulty docks not the switch itself.
>>
>>33064148
Doesn't matter. If the dock can scratch it, it means it can get damaged pretty easily.
>>
>>33064069
No they didn't. They actually said they wanted Pokémon on the switch back in 2015.
>>
>>33064154
My dock never scratched my switch
>>
>>33064156
>>33064069
could you both source yourselves please ?
>>
File: 1400892338689.jpg (12KB, 407x286px)
1400892338689.jpg
12KB, 407x286px
>>33064164
>cancer doesn't exist because I haven't had one !
>>
>>33064120
Wouldn't it be more fun to actually discuss something than your poor attempts at trolling? Serious question.
>>
File: 707.jpg (132KB, 500x414px)
707.jpg
132KB, 500x414px
>>33061946
No. A gaming company should be able to do better, and I refuse to sit back and let them feel like half-assed games are okay.
>>
>>33063940
Just so you know that anon doesn't have a Switch.
>>
File: photo (2).jpg (27KB, 320x240px)
photo (2).jpg
27KB, 320x240px
>>33064311
You can say I don't have a Switch all you want, but this giantass piece of plastic doesn't fit in my pocket.
>>33064187
I don't see how it's trolling when I'm trying to warn people to wait for a revision or for a price drop.
>>
>>33064365
>he actually has a Switch
now I'm somewhat concerned about the validity of that pocket thing
>>
>>33064379
He doesn't he's been using pictures provided you other anons
>>
>>33063919
>implying that something has to be fit for pants to be portable
>implying bags do not exists

>>33064061
>implying HD isn't enough to sell games to most normalfags and casualfags which are most of the pokemon userbase

>>33064078
>What in pokemon requires HD? Why is this suddenly an issue?
It's not for this autistic corner of the internet. It will be plenty for the rest.
>I don't get how this is any different than the multiplayer we have on the 3DS, the difference being the 3DS is far more convenient to carry places. Unless you mean use the same system to battle, but we both know that wont happen.
You need 2 3DSs to play. Tabletop on the Switch requires just one.
>Ok now I'm sure you're shitposting.
They've already said that not everything will go beyond the paywall. And I'm actually hoping it does. If we pay we can request better online more loudly and weed out the underage faggots asking Arceus for their fucking Caterpie.
>>33064101
They won't. They'll stay here screaming worst gen ever because they can't afford it.
>>
File: 1499210627555.gif (517KB, 320x218px)
1499210627555.gif
517KB, 320x218px
>>33062077
ahh right, its that season huh
>>
>>33061928
If the "we don't have enough switches please understand" situation doesn't get fixed asap then pokemon will most likely flop, selling less units than 3rd version games.
>>
>>33064700
I know for sure that won't happen

But if that does happen. How that effect your enjoyment of the games?
>>
>>33064700
Even if there are still shortages people will just line up for months like they are now
>>
>>33064704
I'll definitively still end up liking the game, but I'm worried it will end up saleswise like the Wii U Smash game.
>>
>>33064728
And? If sasuki wants to make smash. Can do whenever he wants. Smash isn't dead.

Sales disappointmenting only matters if the franchise is ded
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.