[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Pokemon 20th movie didn't need Brock and misty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1213.png (139KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1213.png
139KB, 750x1334px
So Pokemon 20th movie did 4.6 million in first 2 days in Japan box office

For comparison

19th movie volcanican movie did 3.09 million

18th movie hoopa movie did 3.1 million

17th movie did diancle movie did 3.8 million

Nostalgia worked and the reviews for 20th movie much better than those 3 films
>>
>>33061436
>Pokemon made less money than the live action Gintama movie
>>
>>33061514
Drew more people, though.
>>
>>33061589
Tickets are cheaper for kids. More people bought but less income than other film
>>
Fuck pokemon 20th movie
>>
>>33061612
no, it cannot consent
>>
X and y movies really screwed up
>>
>>33061436
Nice.
>>
It sold well because most of us who thought it was a retelling of the first series and ignored the spoilers already bought our tickets and couldn't get them refunded.
>>
>A movie that relies on nostalgia but barely delivers sells more than any other

If anything, this is a warning for what's to come, completely shallow movies riddled with tropes.
>>
>>33064111

>it sold well because us retards were unable to grasp that it wasn't a retelling after the second fucking trailer that featured brand new characters instead of brock and misty

lmao, stfu
>>
>>33061436
Is it surprising? With the annivesary aspect and Pokemon GO boom that started last year its surprising it didnt do any better
>>
>>33061514
Gintama is ending, so it's going to attract a lot of attention. I remember when Gintama was getting low ra,king in WSJ for too many serious chapters, but at some point the stupid Nips realized that it was tying all loose ends. I fucking love Gin-san and the respect he's getting.
>>
>>33061436
>better than the last few movies

Not a high hurdle, really. The movies recently have been SHIT. I stopped watching them in theaters and started pirating that shit. I did watch 20th in theaters, though. Because I thought a revisit to Kanto, Ho-oh finally getting spotlight, fucking Charizard and Marshadow were all worth it.
>>
Misty hasn't been part of the anime for 15 years, and Brock was just bland wallpaper background by the time the DP series was airing. It's not much of a surprise that Japan doesn't give much of a shit that they aren't in the movie. I know they were surprised they weren't in it at first, but it obviously didn't detract them from it.

It's times like this people forget that Misty has been gone for 75% of the animes run. She hasn't been there since 2002. Many of the other female companions became more popular so she's irrelevant for a long time.

Cilan and Clemont were also a lot more popular than Brock in Japan, especially due to their popular VA's over there who are famous.
>>
>>33064301
The Japanese care more about Ash's Charizard and Ho-oh more than Misty and Brock, thankfully.
>>
>>33061436
>So Pokemon 20th movie did 4.6 million in first 2 days in Japan box office
They would have made double that with Brock and Misty in it. I bet the same anime people that made Sun and Moon are responsible for these retarded choices.
>>
File: 1482087372773.jpg (11KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1482087372773.jpg
11KB, 249x249px
>>33061436
>we could have gotten a movie with all ash's companions
>>
>>33064307
No they wouldn't have

Misty and brock fans are delusional. No one cares about them
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.