[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why gen 8 will be based on china

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_1182.jpg (356KB, 960x960px)
IMG_1182.jpg
356KB, 960x960px
The name's Ryuki. I'm what you might call a star. I mean, with partners like my Pokémon, how could I not be a star? I came all the way across the sea here to Alola to spread my fame out here, too! The whole world will be mine soon!"

Ryuki is wearing red and yellow. The color of china flag

China has stars on its flag

China is across the sea from Hawaii
>>
The number 8 is very lucky in Chinese culture.

Generation 8
>>
>>33060168
>>
File: IMG_1180.png (285KB, 750x1334px)
IMG_1180.png
285KB, 750x1334px
Masuda went to Shanghai china in may 2015. Not to promote a game or attend a convention
>>
File: IMG_1189.jpg (616KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1189.jpg
616KB, 960x960px
The mangoose is a animal they send from china to hawaii to kill rats
>>
File: IMG_1191.png (250KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1191.png
250KB, 750x1334px
2016 sun and moon they added Tradional and simplified Chinese to games as language

2017 - the first Pokemon in 20 years is releasing in Chinese threaters
>>
File: krokorok.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
krokorok.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>33060160
Holy fuck bros, a crocodile? A desert crocodile no less? Gen 8 will be set in Egypt, screencap this.
>>
>>33060160
sounds cool
>>
File: Poké_Ball.jpg (8KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
Poké_Ball.jpg
8KB, 250x247px
Wow guys, this item appeared in Sun and Moon! It's red and white exactly like the switzerland flag. Switzerland inspired region confirmed?! (Screencap this!)
>>
stop posting Cydoniafag
>>
It's back and forth between the USA and Europe for the rest of the franchise with Gen 1-4 remakes/sequels to keep Japanese elements. Deal with it.
>>
>>33060634
I'm not from china. I don't give a duck if the region is in china. But all signs point to china.

Deal with it
>>
>>33060160
I love the idea of a china region, specially if it's based in imperial china period, with a twist of modern china
>>
Honestly could see it being China by why give him a name based off the Japanese word for Dragon and not the Chinese ones? And Red and Yellow are popular colors across most of Eastern Asia. While the signs point to China they also point to a could be region with a Spainish flare. We will not know until more hidden easter eggs for Gen 8 or such are seen in USUM. And honestly bet GF would rather do Gen 4 Remakes on the Switch first before Gen 8 cause if they rushed that shit even more people would be pissed. Plus makes sense when they keep shoving Gen 4 shit in our face like the reboot companions for Ash being from Sinnoh with the girl freaking being Cynthias daughter.

Side note always thought Cynthia was like early 30s maybe but a milf with a teen daughter? Damn there goes mine and every other dudes and some girls wet dream from Gen 4 lmao.

Sorry, point is until we see USUM and dissect it we will not have clear clues for a while and thats if it is USUM -> Gen 8 Main Games -> Gen 4 Remakes in the next few years and not the Gen 4 remakes coming before Gen 8.

In either case for Spain or China as the inspiration for the new region we will have to see as right now while they are high on the possibility scale we will need something like the Alolan Exeggetor poster from ORAS Lilycove or Strange Souvenir from XY. And thats if very protective China lets a Japanese company use their likeness after all the horrible shit they did to eachother the last two centuries or so. Personally I see Spain more likely as China just cause of that but it would be smart for GF and Nintendo to just try cause China as a whole would be perfect for their first truely big region.
>>
>>33060160

Gen 8 can't be in China because China is inferior.
>>
>>33062601
>Alolan Exeggutor poster from ORAS
wait what the fuck
>>
>>33062676
>>
File: 1500135301098.jpg (47KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
1500135301098.jpg
47KB, 400x551px
>>33062694
That's just a palm tree, fuck off
>>
>>33060160
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre
>>
>>33062714
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki
>>
>>33062694
thanks
>>33062710
>skinny trunk
>yellow fruit
>similar canopy
>yellow foreground (Melemele Meadow?)
I'd like to see the text translated, but it seems pretty obvious in retrospect.
>>
>>33062601
The first games on a console is always a new gen. Gen 8 on the switch will be out next year. Plus, there are no more mythicals left.
>>
File: IMG_2287.png (970KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2287.png
970KB, 1136x640px
>>33062601
Some YouTuber found this in SM. They resemble fire and ice dragon.
>>
No more mythicals
>>
>>33063071
>>
I doubt it. The Chinese and Japanese have hated each other historically, and I don't think mainland China is a popular tourist spot for Japs.

At most, it would be based on Hong Kong
>>
>>33063248
Masuda went to shaghai,so probably that
>>
>>33060160
What about the Ryukyu Kingdom? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryukyu_Kingdom
>>
File: 1383954398724.jpg (37KB, 373x359px) Image search: [Google]
1383954398724.jpg
37KB, 373x359px
>>33060160
>China

Is there enough material there for Gen VIII? I mean I know they have a huge, extensive history, but are they going to be able to work that in into the Pokemon aspect of things?
>>
File: gallery01.jpg (94KB, 940x400px) Image search: [Google]
gallery01.jpg
94KB, 940x400px
>>33063358

Ryuki and Ryukyu sounds similar

Red and yellow are also colors used often on Ryukyu

Ryukyu is also across the sea from Hawaii

And Ryukyu is now a region of Japan.
>>
>>33060338
Holy shit, Switz. confirmed, bros!

PS OP evidence is just grasping at straws honestly, but the number 8 thing is kinda cool, and the whole yungoos thing I believe, that plus adding in chinese as 2 new languages makes a pretty good argument that China will get the region treatment next
>>
>>33060160
>Japs
>setting a game in China
If you want a Chinese Pokemon game just buy a bootleg.
>>
Why people hate the idea of china as new region?
>>
>>33062601
China is giving off some strong hints, but knowing how the Japanese are obsessed with the western world, Spain is very likely.
>>
Ryuki means Scandinavia confirmed in old norse
>>
>>33063902
Because they want it in some irrelevant country

I'm from Chinese or from china. I just made thread with points.
>>
>>33063902
I don't think anybody dislikes the idea in and of itself, it's just dumb to think we'll get a China region anytime soon. The theory revolving around Ryuuki is fucking retarded (it's essentially "he's red and the chinese flag is red") and Pokemon as a franchise avoids controversy like the plague and China isn't a "safe" place to base your game off of like France or Hawaii.
>>
File: IMG_1230.png (108KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1230.png
108KB, 750x1334px
China would be a great region

Especially if this will be Nintendo accessing the massive market
>>
>>33063115
Fuck off we already have the Tao dragons
>>
I cannot even count how many times I've seen this exact same fucking thread with the same image and verbatim text. I wasn't convinced the first time, and I'm not convinced now. If anything, you've made me wish that there is never a Chinese region in the entire future of Pokémon so that people will look back on these threads in the archives and see them as the idiotic shitposts they truly are.
>>
>>33064932
There are more threads about Spain with 0 evidence.

Masuda and omhori were in Spain to promote a damn game that's it
>>
>there are stars in Ireland
>you can sail to hawaii from Ireland
>Ryuki has red hair
Just tossing this out here
>>
>>33064932
I don't get why the whoever it is keeps making these threads, what's even the point?

I did get curious though, because the first thing I thought was "does Nintendo even have a mainland China office"? And apparently, they kinda do. There's a subsidiary company of Nintendo called iQue that basically creates versions of Nintendo consoles specifically for Chinese people. They have a much thinner library of games to choose from, but there's some cross-compatibility with the games released by Nintendo HK, including the Chinese S/M.

If nothing else, I learned something interesting because of these shitposts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5O_FDKmVTQ
>>
>>33065420
Speak English
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.