[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon you want to like, but simply can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_6166.jpg (63KB, 600x831px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6166.jpg
63KB, 600x831px
On paper the idea of a giant pig-monster should be pretty cool. I just can't get over how dumb its stupid face is.
>>
>>33059353
>tfw barely anybody likes Emboar
>edgy retards and nips like Samurott
>furries love Serperior
I wonder if it would've been liked if it was quadrupedal and not fighting.
>>
>>33059353
On paper I should like Buzzwole and Hariyama (love slow bulky fighting types), Tyranitar (kaijus), Foretress (i love Ferro, Gross and Zone) but i just cant
>>
File: Crabominable.png (103KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
Crabominable.png
103KB, 500x294px
>>33059353
This is how I feel about Crabominable.
>>
My autism can't accept that this is an entire species. I would have been completely fine with it being an event or mythical, but the fact that every single Mimikyu born has some form of obsession with Pikachu is weird.
>>
>>33059391
Shit, now this is buggin' me too.
>>
>>33059368
I want to like Emboar, but its face bugs the crap out of me.

Are those eyebrows or ears? How does that work? What happens if you shave them? It has no freaking neck, but it has a beard.
>>
>>33059391
Cubone syndrome. Incineroar has the same issue.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (12KB, 300x201px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
12KB, 300x201px
Worst starter ever. Literally a timid loser in a fursuit. No wonder /vp/ likes this thing so much, it's them.
>>
File: AU4kAij.png (2MB, 1149x833px) Image search: [Google]
AU4kAij.png
2MB, 1149x833px
>>33059391
>the fact that every single caterpillar of this species has some form of obsession with a specific snake design is weird.
>>
>>33059465
my autism is in peace now
>>
>>33059451
Dude, i like Incineroar, but there's no reason to derail a thread with starter wars, and
>>
>>33059368
gen 5 starters are acknowledged to be pretty bad in general
>>
Everything after gen 2.
>>
>>33059465
That is cool as shit
>>
>>33062101
> Everything during gen 2.

Fixed. Gen 2's designs are by far the worst.
>>
Any mammal pokemon.
>>
>>33059368
I won't deny I want to fuck Serperior, but that has nothing to do with it being my favorite gen 5 starter.
>>
>>33059391
Fucking thank you! I said that mimikyu makes absolutely no sense in game lore wise so many fucking times. It would make sense if pikachu was as popular in the actual pokemon world as it is in our world, but its not. Pikachu is loved as any other mon in universe so how the fuck can we have a whole species that's main purpose is to hate another species based on popularity that doesnt even reflect pikachu's weight of popularity in our world.
>>
>>33062287
At the risk of making this an argument, I thought Pikachu WAS that popular in-universe.

I also would think having many Mimikyus exist with other costumes as a matter of course, and Pika-yu is just the in-game representation, but I tend to headcanon away a lot of such things.
>>
>>33062312
Pikachu is popular in-verse, but its nowhere as popular and as well known as it is in our universe. In the pokemon world pikachu is popular and loved but its not a mascot like it it is to us. And mimikyu is essentially the "bad" version of that mascot, but that would only make sense for 1 mimikyu, not the whole in-verse species. You can easily say Charizard is as popular as pikachu but no variant mimikyu's exist so its whole creation is based off pikachu being popular in our universe and not the pokemon one, which makes no sense. I mean if you want it breaking the 4th wall just fucking say it.
>>
File: clap.gif (845KB, 203x288px) Image search: [Google]
clap.gif
845KB, 203x288px
>>33062186
this guy gets it
>>
>>33062287
>jealous
Only the one in the anime is jealous of Pikachu's popularity. In the games it's treated as more of an adaptation thing

>Mimikyu can't go into the sun and they kill things ugly barnacle style
>They naturally make rags for themselves to wear, having done so for generations
>They're also social species, so they would naturally want to imitate something popular with humans

That's all it is
>>
>>33062163
literally how can you think this? like can you elaborate? i feel like gen 2 has some of the most beloved pokemon of all time in it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.