[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make the Pokemon Franchise great again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: vtp5s5gml9by.jpg (87KB, 1060x1074px)
vtp5s5gml9by.jpg
87KB, 1060x1074px
How would you make the Pokemon Franchise great again?
>>
>>33055298
>Walking with your pokemon in the overworld
>More places like the Distortion world with new mechanics and interesting puzzles
>fix stupid abilities like Illusion that serve no use because team preview, etc
>fuck stall
I personally liked some of the puzzles in the older games and would like to see some new ones
>>
get rid of all the stupid concepts like megas and xmoves because they have no point other than making Pokemon annoyingly OU
>>
File: Pumpkaboo.jpg (297KB, 1280x1193px)
Pumpkaboo.jpg
297KB, 1280x1193px
remove online
>>
>>33055318
>>Walking with your pokemon in the overworld
Why do people still want this? If they do it again atleast make it an option because I hate it.
>>
>>33055341
that would kill it and I wouldn't buy them
>>
>>33055318
>>Walking with your pokemon in the overworld
Literally inferior Pokemon Amie
>>
>>33055298
Hand it over to Nintendo's dev teams, instead of Game Freak.
>>33055350
(You)
>>
Down-to-earth storyline. No multiverse-saving bullshit. I just wanna be a kid on an adventure meddling with some gangsters.
>>
Sex with pokemon
>>
>>33055362
I would like both
>>
>>33055298

>At least 100 new Pokemon each new gen
>Less waifu crap and more 'monster' looking Pokemon, since you know, it's Pocket MONSTERS, not Pocket wank material for sad manchildren.
>Less pandering to older Gen (Gen1) Pokemon, and have the focus in new games on the new Pokemon.
>More areas and terrains to explore, none of this straight line BS and make them mazes again.
>Bring gyms back but actually make them better, trials are fucking shit.
>Some sort of way to interact with your Pokemon more, expand amie? Be able to actually teach moves to Pokemon through it by doing certain mini games or something?
>TRAINERS TO HAVE MORE THAN 2 FUCKING POKEMON.
>Trainer re-battles!!!
>LESS CUTSCENES.
>>
>>33055298
Routes that aren't just a curvy line and then you push a rock down at the end and now the route is a straight line.
>>
>>33055421
Don't forget to have those trainers actually evolve their Pokemon. Nobody on Poni Island should be using Fomantis at that point.
>>
bring back the PSS
>>
Remove all trumptards from the pokemon playerbase.
>>
>>33055421
Ur not necessarily wrong, but ur a fag
>>
>>33055469
>that trainer in GSC/HGSS who uses a level 31 Mareep right outside Victory Road
They've been doing this shit forever
>>
>>33055475
hi newfaggot
>>
>>33055421
>i like generic pokemon games

fuck off
>>
>>33055375
This
>>
>There are enough Pokemon in existence. This is an unpopular opinion on /vp/, but it should not be the case we're nearing four digits in the Pokedex. At least one generation should introduce no more than:
- a new set of starters
- a couple of new early-route scrappers
- one 1% rarity victory road monster
- a pseudo line
- a legendary trio
- 2-3 box legends

The rest of the game is sustained by permutations of the existing cadre of monsters. You don't need every game crammed like ORAS with the possibility of catching every single Pokemon possible, whether by a DexNav or some other mechanic.

A less structured storyline closer to Colosseum's style is a good idea too, and I think that was an unstated aim of S/M that the game mostly succeeded at. More effort should be put into character design, world design, and scenario building. I think /vp/ seriously underestimates just how time/resource/finance consuming creating 100+ new monsters a generation is, and how and why that'd actively take away from the other things just as important to these games.

I'd also, personally, take the sound in a totally different direction. By trying to stick to a "Pokemon" sound that's developed from Gen 3-7, they've gotten a bit bored, and you have a soundtrack so uninspired it's verging on elevator music.

Ditch Megas, ditch Z-Moves, etc. This franchise is getting really carried away with trying to have a flashy innovation each gen. We don't need these things.
>>
File: tumblr_nntav9xkQU1r21i1co1_500.gif (8KB, 500x178px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nntav9xkQU1r21i1co1_500.gif
8KB, 500x178px
>>33055421
casting my vote for this man to mapa
>>
>uses health care bill
>stall him forever

Master negotiator, huh?
>>
>>33055350
I always hated being forced to have my Pokémon out in HGSS because I wanted to be able to call them out and call them back at will. It made my autistic brain feel more immersed, whereas constantly having any mon and only the one at the front of the party was kind of jarring. So, anon, even though I like following as a feature, I agree.
>>
>>33055978
Good thing you have a tripcode.
>>
>>33055580

You're*

And F off, stop trying to start shit, go do your school work or something.
>>
>>33055830

And I bet you want a game where you can date your pokemon and beat your little meat to a fucking seal.
You fuck off.
>>
>>33055933
Why the fuck would i buy pokemon games over 10 years if theres no new pokemon
>>
It never stopped being great.
>>
>>33055365
>Nintendo debes
Still shit
>>
>>33055350
>>33055362
fuck off, samefag.
>>
>>33055298
Gotta like how all art of the orange retard always makes him appear so much fitter and healthier than he really is.
>>
>>33055298
Put a company that actually cares about making good quality games in charge.
>>
>>33055421
this.
And if you add new concepts like Megas and/or UBs: actually make them VERY relevant to the story instead of them being somewhat relevant to it.
>>
>>33055318
>more places like the Distortion world
FUCK YOU,DON'T BRING THAT SHIT BACK
>>
Canning it.
>>
>>33055318
Give the *trainer* some movement abilities. Replaying X right now, forgot that there were climbable rock walls, but only in the one gym, jumpable rock gaps, but only on one route, one pit.
>>
>>33055298
Remove fairies
>>
>>33055298
>good games
>good TCG
>good manga
>good merch
If you kill the ashnime you pretty much can't get much better as a franchise.

Now if you mean how to improve the specific products within it that's another story.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.