[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people in competitive ever try to experiment with sets? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1497067796575.jpg (22KB, 240x237px) Image search: [Google]
1497067796575.jpg
22KB, 240x237px
Do people in competitive ever try to experiment with sets? I'm going on showdown right now to try and prove that any pokemon can be good with proper set builds and team support
>>
>>33052587
>Do people in competitive ever try to experiment with sets?
Yes. I've seen people get to the top of the ladder using Slaking before.

>prove that any pokemon can be good with proper set builds and team support
you can't prove it because it isn't true. A shit Pokemon is a shit Pokemon. There are some seemingly shit Pokemon that can be niche if you specifically build around them to counter other things in the meta but there are plenty Pokemon that are just irredeemably bad.
>>
>>33052587
Things can be lower tier because of usage but can still be good on niche teams or in specific roles such as quagsire, gastrodon, and even shelmet though the last one is a bit of a meme
>>
Almost anything is semi-viable, you need to gitgud
>>
>>33052635
christopher m. fan
>>
>>33052587
You can't make unown good
Or sunflora
Or Ledian

Especially in higher tiers

Also no one on /vp/ and that includes you, is good enough to to try to pull off what you want to do in higher elos
>>
File: 1500315706835.jpg (54KB, 375x521px) Image search: [Google]
1500315706835.jpg
54KB, 375x521px
>>33052587
Good luck getting out of 1300

But seriously tho. ANY is a big world. The problem with many Pokémon is the fact that they are stopped by most of the stuff that's actually really good.
Either that, or that they are completely outclassed by something that does the exact same (or better) while having less checks/counters
>>
>>33052635
...Shelmet. Do you mean Accelgor?
Either way, please explain.
>>
>>33052806
no, shelmet walls zygarde if you play carefully
>>
>>33052818
And Dunsparce can sweep a team using paraflinch with Sticky Web support.
Explain HOW Shelmet can do that.
>>
OP here.
On a completely unrelated side note, how would having follow me as a TM change the meta?
>>
>>33052842
https://youtube.com/watch?v=wKALDxAgNB4
>>
>>33052818
wrong
>>
>>33052842
>>33052860
seriously, don't act like such a fag if you don't bother to do any research >>33052852 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fMwQ3qN11o&t=0s
>>
>>33052587
>any pokemon can be good with proper team support!
using a shitmon and placing 5 good mons around it only to have that shitmon do nothing each game does not count. a bad pokemon is a bad pokemon and there are plenty of pokemon that have absolutely no worthwhile niche in competitive.
>>
>>33052587
ANY pokemon? No. Unown is absolute shit no matter what you do. No amount of Eviolite will make Weedle usable except maybe in the most casual of Little Cups. I've swpet people with Magikarp but I had to build my entire team around making it's Flail work and my opponents all had to be idiots with no hazards or Ghost/rock/steel types on their team (in other words, low ladder ubers where people think they'll automatically win because they have a team full of legendary dragons with 4 attacks).

Now, most pokemon can be used, tha nks to things like Eviolite, but stuff like Unown and Caterpie and Cosmoem (and I tried Cosmoem on a Toxic Spikes team) are irredeemable junk with no real way to do anything of value. Seriously.
>>
>>33052587
>any pokemon can be good with proper set builds and team support
We don't need you to prove something that already everyone knows.
>>
>>33053034
Thus was true pre-baton pass ban*
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.