[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we improve this location, and its plot relevance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 22

File: 1482264499185.jpg (18KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1482264499185.jpg
18KB, 400x240px
How do we improve this location, and its plot relevance?
>>
make it bigger
a puzzle or two
basically just copy what they did back in gen 4
>>
>>33050791
original
>>
Make it a dungeon, make it so you can visit it again, have some wild UB encounters, even if you're unable to catch them, trial style.
>>
>>33050805
the entire point is it isn't original
>>
>>33050782
Make it bigger

Also you come back here to capture the other UBs
>>
>>33050782
have it so that when you're raiding Aether, after you defeat lusamine and she manages to open the ultra wormholes, instead of she and guzma using the wormhole to escape, all of the people in that room get sucked in and are now stuck in the ultra space, there you will have to advance until getting to a point where there are strong ultra energies that will revive nebby and turn it into lunala/solgaleo who will open a door back to your universe, after that you will still have to come back, to find lusamine and guzma who are still missing in the ultra space, and once you find them you have the same fight that in the regular game.
>>
It should have differents zones too, it's clearly jelly land here, but I want to see other places.
>>
>>33050782
Make it bigger
>>
>>33050829
Also Lusamine's team here is made up of the other Ultra Beasts. She has Nihilego, but she wearing it so she uses the other six in battle.
>>
>>33050815
> not catching Pokémon?

No. I don't want that shit
>>
>>33050847
Well, it could be like that the first time only because
>trial style
>>
>>33050842

do you realize that more than one of them.
>>
>>33050850

No. Fuck that shit.

I hope you never work for Game freak ever in you're whole life.

You're idea is terrible as Fuck.
>>
>>33050782

Make it a big dungeon
Have some puzzles
Have battles in Ultra Space be Inverse Battles
Overworld controls are inverted while in Ultra Space
>>
>>33050855
Do you realize that team variety
>>
>>33050865
>cant catch pokemon in trainer battles
WOOOOOW BRAVO GAMEFREAK
>>
>>33050868
>Inverse Battles?

Stupid.
>>
>>33050782
make it like xen
>>
File: nihlego.jpg (920KB, 1280x908px) Image search: [Google]
nihlego.jpg
920KB, 1280x908px
>>33050782

>Allow player to go in and out of it through ultra space.
>Encounter Nihilego appear in the wild
>Discover "ultra shards" drop in the area that your Nihiliego can refine into rare items
>Increased shiny rate for Nihilego (you can see it float in the background as an indicator one is coming up.)
>Re-battle Lusamine as she researches the area, each battle adapting to your previous team for a harder, challenging battle each time.
>You can battle her fused form during the story
tfw it'll never happen but a man can dream
>>
>>33050881

You're can't steal people Pokémon.
>>
>>33050879

There are a lot of UB-01
>>
File: 1421349740938.png (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1421349740938.png
110KB, 600x600px
>>33050782
scratch it altogether, bury and make people forget about it. Then come up with another new cencept, turn it into a missed opportunity and repeat from there
>>
File: POKEMONORASTRAILER_610.jpg (81KB, 610x443px) Image search: [Google]
POKEMONORASTRAILER_610.jpg
81KB, 610x443px
Make it a distortion world style dungeon, but thats obvious

Also, maybe make it like the Hoopa Rings in ORAS, but in reverse, where we travel to the find all the legendary pokemon instead of them coming to us,
Like maybe once we go inside, and it drops us off in Cerulean Cave where we can battle Mewtwo

If they dont want to recreate every single area for each legend, maybe just make it like a Legendary hub world or something
>>
File: mesabook.jpg (8KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
mesabook.jpg
8KB, 512x512px
>>33050886
Non existent?
>>
Plot relevance doesn't need improvement, we don't need even more of Lillie screaming about how important it is we go there.
For design, Gamefreak doesn't really design dungeons anymore. They should've made a terrifying maze-like cave with random UB encounters.
>>
>>33050906
Yeah but she can use the other UBs
>>
>>33051046
there was never any """dungeons""" in pokemon anyway
>>
>>33050782
add new UB's. maybe not to catch because you cant have new species in the same gen but a bunch of drone UB's with their own types to fight like what Pokestar studios did
>>
Make it a full fledged final dungeon, with maybe some brainwashed Aether workers as trainers, Totem Nihilelgo as halfway midboss.

Late dungeon is final Guzma fight with 5 Pokemon instead of 4, give him something post-game strong, somewhat bulky, and if possible fast as Scizor would be redundant with Golisopod in, i was thinking on Volcarona.

Final boss as mommy Lusamine with 6 Pokemon, add a Gardevoir on her team.

That's it.
>>
File: pokemon-sun-moon-ultra-beasts.png (182KB, 400x227px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-moon-ultra-beasts.png
182KB, 400x227px
Not directy related to the Ultra Space itself, but I really hope they go all in on the "alien invasion/infection" aspect of the Ultra Beast plot, we only got a taste of what they could do with it in Sun and Moon

I loved that plotline of Nihilego infecting the Aether Foundation and brainwashing all the grunts, maybe this time, it can spread even farther and they can go nuts with the design of the infected people and pokemon

Have all the Ultra Beasts come out at once all over the region, show the effects of what they're doing and make it feel like a really high stakes crisis, maybe with multiples of each of them, and show as many characters as possible trying to deal with them (Kukui, Looker, Anabel, Trial Captians, etc.)

Involve Zygarde somehow as the one trying to stop the disaster, and maybe we need to find Necrozma and combine him with the cover legend to put an end to the disaster, and let our player fight droves of the UBs and infected trainers and their pokemon on their way to do it
>>
I want to be able to visit Ultra Space numerous times.
>>
>>33050782
Make it relevant to the plot
>>
>>33051062
Seafoam Islands, Ice Cavern, Victory Road, Silph Co and Rocket HQ.

Even if they've mostly abandoned the concepts of mazes and puzzles, the modern ones are still like traditional JRPG dungeons that are long caves you have to go through without a place to heal.
>>
>>33050782
Delete it
>>
>>33051351
I want this.
>>
File: Subspace2.png (791KB, 752x425px) Image search: [Google]
Subspace2.png
791KB, 752x425px
I want it to be like Brawl's Subspace, and maybe we could have corrupted versions of locations we've visited before in it.
>>
Ignore it, completely. Don't even bring it back.
>>
>>33050782
Not make it just a fucking hallway
>>
>>33050782
make it so instead of having a 20 second cutscene of Lillie saying "mum you're bad", make it so you have to explore this labyrinth of a dimension, with the occasional catchable UB

make it big and make the battle against Lusamine actually mean something instead of a glorified trainer battle
>>
>>33052997
also throw a cheeky necrozma in there because why not

unless for necrozma you could go down some massive cave in ten carat hill, because it's been dormant underground for so long
>>
>>33050824
inb4 giratina is the progenitor ultra beast and ultra space is just a part of distorrion world
>>
I just want a good, long alien dungeon. But knowing Game Freak, we'll never get that.
>>
File: TESIV_Obliviongate.png (674KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
TESIV_Obliviongate.png
674KB, 700x700px
Turn Ultra Wormholes into Oblivion Gates

Like they can pop up randomly around Alola anytime, and we can different sections of Ultra Space, each one essentially its own mini dungeon, maybe leading us to a Legendary encounter at the end of each one
>>
>>33054693
This would have been good for the UB quests instead of just "lol search the tall grass faggot".
>>
the player is forced to use ultra wormholes to travel between islands as the story progresses

as well many of the dungeons in the later part of the game have been completely corrupted into ultra space versions, and when you clear it, it is reverted back to its original form
>>
>"There have been reports of Ultra Wormhole sightings! Go investigate!"
>Go to area
>Find Ultra Wormhole
>Enter Ultra Wormhole
>It's a maze with puzzles
>As you progress, you keep spotting the target Ultra Beast moving around, fading in and out like Nihilego in Ultra Space
>Reach the end
>Attacked by the Ultra Beast
>"[Ultra Beast] called for help!", making the battle more difficult if you want to catch one
>SOS battle allows you to get Shiny Ultra Beasts easier with high IVs
>Each Ultra Beast has its own Ultra Wormhole hidden somewhere on the map with its own puzzle world
>>
I think it would be cool if you had to escape Aether Paradise due to the wormhole there destabilizing the area, and then the entire paradise gets sucked up into Ultra Space. Then, at the game's climax, you go through Ultra Space and then the corrupted Aether Paradise, finally ending in a battle against jellyfish Lusamine.
>>
>>33054693
God I fucking hated how it felt like you were always visiting the same fucking location with different locked doors for the tower 90% of the time.
>>
>>33055325
Fun fact : if you drink potions to walk or swim into the lava without dying, you'll notice that the oblivion is actually a big worl and you wan travel from oblivion door to another. It's absolutely useless, though.
But yeah, those dungeons should have had more diversity.
>>
>>33050782
Make it an invertered world
>>
>>33055325
>>33055415
I always thought it would be cool if each Oblivion Gate took us to other planes of Oblivion, like Coldharbour or Apocrypha

Maybe for USUM, each Ultra Beast can have it's own Ultra Space, like Buzzwole could be this alien honeycomb/beehive, Kartana could be a whole world made out of paper, or Guzzlords could be a Black Hole
>>
>>33055535
Well, while it'd be cool, the whole point of TES 4 is that it's a Mehrunes Dagon's attack. But since you also visit two other princes' planes (i think ?) yeah, that's a bummer.
However you do visit apocrypha in Skyrim so, there's that I guess.
But if memory serves me right, coldharbour is just a dead copy of tamriel, so no real point in exploring it. (source : fucking books in the game)
>>
File: 1486981414625.gif (99KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1486981414625.gif
99KB, 500x281px
>>33050998
>mfw you can revisit all the legendary's places like Bell Tower, Whirl island, Sky Pillar, Distortion World. Even just the room where the legendary is
>mfw IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
>>
File: 1494456349411.png (10KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
1494456349411.png
10KB, 80x80px
>>33050782
>improve
Depends. Personally, I'd like it there was more to see here. I don't care about puzzles, so they can go fuck themselves. Just wish to see more of it. So making it bigger will do the job for me, adding in an area or two, showing how other UBs live and such. That would be improvement for me.

>plot relevance
The last one ties into this. Now, not only is it bigger, but you spend more time here. Maybe get dragged before the final confrontation and have to make your way out of here, fighting through weaker UBs and returning as a Faller. And you can also expend upon the Lusamine confrontation here, having the battle be dragged on, as Lusamine's Pokemon stall you while she catches a new team of strong UBs with Ultra Balls, in then she fights you with UBs a second time around.
Still, there are many ways to go about it. That's just the first two things that came to my mind.
>>
>>33054693
Like a Link Between Worlds / Link to the Past where at some point in the game they open up and if you find the sometimes hidden wormholes you can explore a bit of the other world.
>>
>>33051351
>actually involving zygarde and its shitzillion forms into the plot and not just making it a reminder that gen vi never got a third version
this is a good idea desu
>>
>>33050782

>bigger area
>puzzle and fight with the ultra beasts
>you fight with lusamine's team AND lusamine herself

biggest wasted opportunity, why bother making a a human fuse with pokemons and then not being able to fight it?
>>
File: 60306239_p16_master1200.jpg (178KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
60306239_p16_master1200.jpg
178KB, 800x792px
>>33050868
inverse battles are an amazing idea for ultra space

I want to see a variety and I want to see more ultra beasts roaming around. Like kartana zooming around, or a guzzlord in the background stalking you. Pheromosa turn to watch you as you pass.

I want it to be confusing, lots of different paths that go in circles or lead to dead ends.

It'd be cool if there were berries that were exclusive to ultra space. Weird looking trees that you can pull new fruit off of that are only available in ultra space.

I want there to be dialogue like there was in BW, talking about a chill running down your spine, or that the air is so thick and hard to breathe.

Maybe there's some sort of change to your controls; you move differently kind of how the world flipped in the distortion world
>>
File: mental7-28.jpg (389KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mental7-28.jpg
389KB, 1920x1200px
Since the one area we've went seen was the inside of a cave, I'd love to see what the outside looks like

Maybe an Ultra Space Jungle where Xurkitree are the trees and lightning shoots from the treetops
Maybe an Ultra Space Ocean where the water is all acid with spike towers rising out of it
Maybe an Ultra Space Mountain that's made out of crystals or iron

The potential is limitless and Platinum is proof that they know how to do cool stuff with alt worlds in third versions
>>
Introduce an aquatic portion of Ultra Space. Imagine the terrifying creatures in the water of another dimension.
>>
File: tornworld-up.png (18KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
tornworld-up.png
18KB, 256x192px
This should also be the one area where they turn the 3D back on, especially we do stuff like walking sideways on the walls and surfing upside down
>>
File: 1z70sgn.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1z70sgn.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>33052733
This
>>
>>33050882
wrong.
>>
>>33051351
If they ever do something with it, chance are it would be in the 22nd movie (as each series normally has three with a similar theme)
>>
>>33050886
>areas with cool visuals that are completely wasted on the most underwhelming levels in their respective games
So you're saying to keep it exactly the same?
>>
File: Mysterious_Phaaze_creature.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mysterious_Phaaze_creature.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I kind of want it to be like Phaaze from Metroid Prime 3: a world that feels alive and really alien, with weird creatures, pulsating structures, gross shit all around.

More UBs, too, some that aren't necessarily too strong, maybe even very weak - I just want to see crazy designs.

Also, puzzles that require to think out of the box, kind of like the Distorsion World I suppose, that's also how you make an area feel alien compared to the rest of the game.
>>
File: 1475344654802.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1475344654802.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>33058441
>having to dive into the depths and seeing shadows pass by you

Shit, that would be great.
>>
>>33050782
Revert back to Gen 4/5 graphics and create a proper fucking cave.
>>
>>33060717
Have you ever heard of a game called Rain World?
You should check it out.
>>
>>33060747
I hadn't, but it looks pretty good. Is it?
>>
>>33060763
It's alright (and extremely difficult), but I bring it up because it has a trippy-as-fuck ending sequence that includes exactly what you described.
>>
>>33060776
Well, I'll check it out for sure. I love the idea and the aesthetics.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
Bumping this thread
>>
>>33050782
Have you go through portals to different part of Ultra Space where different Ultra Beasts reside and you can catch them. Every Ultra Beast is canonically a species of many individuals, so it could work. Only Nihilego were in the area we visit in SM, so they could do all kinds of cool themes to match the other ultra beasts, plus it could give version exclusive areas in cases like Kartana and Celesteela. Maybe make some areas locked behind story because you need something like the Magma/Aqua suit from ORAS to visit them, allowing multiple trips there and for you to use a UB before postgame. You can encounter the Swords of Justice during your playthrough in BW2 and use them, so it's not unheard of.

Do not make it a glorified strength puzzle like the Distortion World. The distorted scenery and surreal atmosphere was why people like it, not slowly pushing rocks into holes while the lake trio followed you. Build on that and leave encountering Ultra Beasts as the main gameplay part.
>>
>>33051351
First, I'd like to get a clear cut explanation as to what Ultra Beasts are in relation to Pokemon. I mean, it's apparent that Ultra Beasts can more or less become Pokemon... or is it that they are Pokemon but just from a different dimension?

I mean, shit, I'm just coming to terms with the underwhelming origins of Mega Evolution (space rocks that just so happen to resonate with specific species. honestly? that's the best they could do?). Don't give me another flop of a storyline, GF.
>>
>>33062711
I think they are just Pokemon from another dimension, except unlike Dialga or Giratina, people in the world besides the higher ups at the Aether Foundation didnt know about them at all until they came through the portal and you caught them
>>
>>33053122
That would be hella lame
>>
>>33050782
Make the UB quest about sending the UBs back to US, and when the mission is over you unlock the portal to go there and catch them yourself, by exploring a large world similar to the Distortion World.
>>
>>33062711
>First, I'd like to get a clear cut explanation as to what Ultra Beasts are in relation to Pokemon.
They are literally just Pokémon. The reason why you can't catch them with normal Pokéballs is because the Ultra Wormhole Energy messes it up. Solgaleo/Lunala/Necrozma are also Ultra Beasts, but they've lived on planet Earth for so long that now their Ultra Wormhole Energy has worn off, meaning ordinary Pokéballs can recognize them again.

>I mean, shit, I'm just coming to terms with the underwhelming origins of Mega Evolution (space rocks that just so happen to resonate with specific species. honestly? that's the best they could do?)
Did you even play the fucking game? Holy shit try using your fucking eyes to read what the games tell you. No, Mega Stones come from the Ultimate Weapon, which was powered by the life energy of hundreds of sacrficed Pokémon. The Mega Stones are literally dead Pokémon energy. That's why the power up Pokémon. They are Pokémon energy. The thing about the meteorite in ORAS was just that the Ultimate Weapon hit it before the laser returned to Kalos, and then that meteorite landed in Hoenn, bringing Mega Stones there too.
>>
>>33053122
that doesn't even make sense
>>
>>33051351
I want this so much.
>>
Well, considering that lore shit that was recently released acknowledged how small Ultra Space was, I guess it'll get improved in USUM.
>>
File: 1494377826822.png (431KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1494377826822.png
431KB, 640x478px
>>33064110
This guy gets it.
>>
>>33068417
More than that, they said each UB has it's own Ultra Space, so maybe some of these above theories wont be too far off
>>
last bump
>>
Since they just "confirmed" Unown are tied to the Ultra Beasts somehow, maybe we can find wild Unown in the Ultra Space, if for no other reason than to be challenges/fodder for us on our way to challenge the big bosses
It'd also be a nice convenient place for us to catch them
>>
>tfw will never be trapped in pocket dimension with female to have hot sexy time with
>>
File: is this shin megami tensei.png (1MB, 1488x936px) Image search: [Google]
is this shin megami tensei.png
1MB, 1488x936px
make it so that the ultraspace is the remnants of the nonmega timeline, I want GF to go full retard with the multiverse shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7VZAAAs-YI
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.