[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starter theme suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 12

File: Starters idea pt 1 Hand drawn.png (4MB, 2228x2296px) Image search: [Google]
Starters idea pt 1 Hand drawn.png
4MB, 2228x2296px
I'm having a bit of Artist's Block for these guys. Do you know any themes for them?
>>
>>33046260
Didn't you post these before? The snake coils around the trainers arm, right?
>>
File: firesnakewhen.jpg (1MB, 3408x2464px) Image search: [Google]
firesnakewhen.jpg
1MB, 3408x2464px
>>33046280
no, that's this one
>>
>>33046260
Cute! Don't worry about themes, just come up with good designs.
>>
>>33046309
They look real fucking similar
>>
Other drawfag here, any ideas in general? (not pertaining to OP's)
>>
>>33046309
>not bipedal snake
pass
>>
You may want to drop the blue Goodra knockoff. Making all three traditionally "creepy" animals is lacking mass market appeal.
>>
>>33046260
Shroom is wrath, snake is pride, and slug is sloth.
>>
File: xiuhcoatl_by_kyoht-d87qsyg.png (341KB, 909x852px) Image search: [Google]
xiuhcoatl_by_kyoht-d87qsyg.png
341KB, 909x852px
>>33046332
an idea I had for a Mexican region:
grass cactus something (maybe a toad or an armadillo, though the latter would step on chesnaught's toes)
fire rattlesnake
water eagle with some elements of Aztec eagle warriors
just some general ideas
>>
I would turn the mushroom toad away from frogs because of the similarity to Beelzebufo and Bulbasaur. I would maybe go towards... hmmm... Perhaps some sort of ceratopsian. Yeah, you could make the mushroom cap turn into a big shield in the second stage, give it a tail, and put some spines down its back, then in its final stage give it a couple horns, make it larger, and make its spines on more than just the spine itself. Ceratopsians (like triceratops) had legs kind of like a frog, with short in the front and pillar-like in the back. You could also incorporate some sort of, as I said, shield-style or armor imagery into the design, and end with it being Grass/Steel.

For the snake, I think an easy - if simple - choice could be Quetzalcoatl, but that's kind of done to death. Instead, maybe you could make it into a mystical oriental dragon, perhaps also tying it into some sort of magic staff as a motif or something, or maybe with fireworks. I like the fireworks idea way better after thinking about it. Actually, maybe gunpowder in general? Maybe pure Fire, maybe Fire/Flying, maybe Fire/Ground?

For the slug, you can obviously follow Glaucus Antlanticus, but I would try and make it a bit different. For one thing, I suggested subthemes of "armor" and "gunpowder" for the previous two, so how about something also about afvancements in warfare - maybe nuclear bombs? With a slug, it should be pretty easy to add nuances of design into it, and what I'd personally do is maybe take it in a kaiju-type direction, with the mid stage sprouting legs and maybe resembling Godzilla or some other sea monster in general or something, but making the third stage its own thing. I would be careful to a) avoid making it similar to Goodra b) avoid making it "godzilla but a slug" and c) play up that it is a sea slug. Either way, you could easily incorporate a radiation logo or similar on its back or something whatever you pick, and I feel Water/Poison would be the most obvious typing.
>>
>>33046260
They look great!
>>
>>33046260
One of my ideas for a fire starter is a Fire Rattlesnake too, anon... I don't draw, so here's what I thought for it:

Second evo is like a Yuan-ti from DnD, with arms more humanoid-like, third evo is a Hydra (with 3 heads) and 4 legs (the rattlesnake tail is still there)
>>
>>33046332
>Fire
A Cassowary based around Knights.
>Water
A Snake-Necked Turtle based around Vikings.
>Grass
A Palorchestes based around Musketeers.
>>
do what gamefreak does.

Give them an occupation and go from there.
>>
File: quetzalcoatl_codextelleriano.jpg (65KB, 300x361px) Image search: [Google]
quetzalcoatl_codextelleriano.jpg
65KB, 300x361px
>>33046367
>>33046375
>tfw hero god of wind and knowledge who created humans by stealing bones from a bloodied monstrosity who rules over death itself with only the aid of my retarded misshapen dog brother and everyone thinks I'm just a big fluffy snake
>>
>>33046426
people can know these things and still like your snek form, morning star
>>
>>33046332
Grass Wooly Mammoth, done to death but still a good idea imo, Grass/Ice probably

Fire horse+chariot+apollo+war horse, lots of good potential there, just don't make it interesting ideas there, just make sure it doesn't get up on two legs. Maybe make the first stage a simple goldish horse with some reins on its face with a fire pattern, then give it a racehorse look in its second stage and make it turn red or something, then third stage turn it back gold, and replace its mane with one of those spartan helmet feather things, and put some chariot wheel designs on its sides, Fire/Steel or Fire/something else idk

For Water you could do a crab, maybe a mangrove or mud crab. Green in first stage with blue-tipped claws, mid stage is idk, and final stage ends up brown with green and blue patterns and a bunch of bubbles in front of its mouth making a mask, cus idk, why not. This one is the weakest of the three imo, but I like the idea of a crab starter. Water/Ground or Water/Bug maybe btw.
>>
File: Xolotl.jpg (86KB, 259x264px) Image search: [Google]
Xolotl.jpg
86KB, 259x264px
>>33046426
>tfw I'm a dog that can turn into fucking corn, create fire and lightning, and has control over disease, but noone knows who I am and everyone likes my brother because he can turn into a snake
>>
>>33046493
Brother, how many spirits did you let lose their way so you could post this?
>>
File: 220px-Xolotl_1.jpg (19KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Xolotl_1.jpg
19KB, 220x220px
>>33046510
863,662 and counting
>>
File: 4009.jpg (856KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
4009.jpg
856KB, 2448x3264px
>>33046426
>>33046442
>>33046493
>>33046510
>>33046521
>tfw laughing at godlets who don't have statues
>>
>>33046319
Is Alomomola a good design?
>>
You there OP? I'd like to see any updates you make.
>>
>>33046521
>>33046510
>>33046493
>>33046426
You made my day
>>
File: IMG_0620.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0620.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33046715
Here are the middle stages of the starters. What do you think?
>>
>>33046888
The snake just gets bigger, but still looks good.

The slug here is much better than its first stage.

The frog is somewhat lacking. Maybe the cap could cover its head or maybe it could turn into one of those lanky mushrooms? It kinda has a Croconaw vibe right now. It's not bad, just comparatively bad.
>>
>>33046888
I like the slug's distinct change from the base form, but the fire snake is a bit too similar imo. I would start incorporating some distinct themes and motifs immediately so that it doesn't end up as a "just gets bigger" mon. If it's just going to be a big snake in the end, I'd suggest you add something new to spice it up a bit.

Not a fan of mushroom guy, but don't take it as an insult. Your drawing is good, but I don't think mushy has any real direction other than a mushroom/frog/person, which seems like a lot, but is still kind of flat. I'd add something else, or maybe even start again.

...But, I also reccomend you stick to your guns with whatever your current ideas are, and reapproach it again with a different point of view. They might look great in the full view and with the other stages beside them, or you might realize you want to incorporate other ideas down the line. It's all up to you and your discretion 2bh.
>>
>>33046260
dat sliggoo reskin tho
>>
>>33046309
>Type: Grass/Spore
dude mushroom based pokemon shouldnt be grass type because theyre not plants theyre fungi lol dude
>>
File: Gigan Time.gif (2MB, 480x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gigan Time.gif
2MB, 480x523px
>>33046375
>slug
>kaiju
>not hedorah
>>
>>33046260
>>33046888
How about make digital sugimori version of those and your other starters like>>33046309
>>
>>33046888
Massive improvements to the frog and slug, snake's evo is pretty similar but the first stage was already great. Solid work.
>>
>>33047005
To be completely honest I was thinking of hedorah, but I wasn't sure if anon would want to go from a cute sea slug to a hideous monster. I support the choice, though.
>>
File: IMG_0621.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0621.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33046888
Made some revisions for the Grass starter and Fire starter evos. Now made the final evolution stages.
>>
>>33047185
The water one is WAY too much like goodra.
>>
>>33047201
What about the final evos?
>>
>>33047293
The other final evos are great, but the water oneis centaur goodra.
>>
>>33047185
I like all of the revisions, they do look better.

The grass starter's final stage looks like Ursaring and Shiinotic's illegitamite love child.

I like the snek. The fire making a faux cobra frill is very clever.

And the water final evolution does look very basic and similar to Goodra. I like how its second stage kinda had a mustache, maybe play with that? Also maybe make the real eyes really tiny to make the fake eyes almost look like its real eyes?

Really good stuff overall.
>>
>>33047185
For the grass final stage I'd move the fur part to its back and make the actual torso really thin, maybe putting the bombs on its cap or like a belt. The tongue could also be longer or fatter, maybe even used to throw bombs along with the hands, something more like that could be rad.
>>
>>33047185
Yo, yeah, that's way better. In my personal opinion, I wouldn't actually touch them much more, bar maybe some stuff you might think of in the future. At this point they all look like really solid lines!

Although, in particular, I want to voice these same two opinions as >>33047596: I REALLY like the faux coil on the snake full evo, and I agree about the edits he suggests for slug3, being the eye changes and mustache inclusion. (I'd also personally get rid of the two feeler/arms to help differentiate it from Goodra as well)

But very, very good now as far as I can tell. I'd happily play through whatever hypothetical game these would be in 3 times to try them all out!

Also also, did you ever decide on types for them?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.