[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What gimmick ideas do you have for future games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3806.jpg (162KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3806.jpg
162KB, 600x899px
Like mega evolution, z moves etc.

But something new and practical?
>>
What about semi-evolution?

Where you can stop a Pokemon mid evolution and unlock a semi-evolution that is a whole new Pokemon in the line? It would allow us to revisit some of our favourites.
>>
>>33044928
I have two ideas:

1. Maybe some kind of Battle Armor similar to Mewtwo in the First Movie. Pokemon get an extra boost in power and defences, maybe even a new ability.
2. Something called "Astral Forms" based on Astral Projection.

How it works is that certain Pokemon obtain new forms when they're sent out on to the field while a new surge-like ability is active. I called it "Astral Warp". Each form is based on a constellation from both western and eastern cultures.

For Example:

>Pyroar astral form is based on the Leo constellation, Drapions astral form is based on the Scorpio constellation, Dragonites astral form is based on the Draco constellation, etc.

But the gimmick behind these forms, is that each Pokemon who has an Astral Form gain a new temporary type in the Cosmic or Astral type. So from the above examples: Pyroar would become Fire/Cosmic, Drapion would become Poison/Cosmic, and Dragonite would become Dragon/Cosmic.

They also gain new abilities, boosts to certain stats and a new temporary type. Think of it as a half way Mega Evolution without taking up an item slot. The Astral Forms go away, when Astral Warp is no longer on the field.
Also the series, seems to be shifting focus off world things now, so this could be a good way to introduce that.

There. Just introduced a new type, playing style, and gimmick.
>>
File: IMG_2458.jpg (26KB, 395x187px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2458.jpg
26KB, 395x187px
>>33044928
PokéBoost
When a pokemon has this item, there base stats(Except HP) will boost by 25%. You can only use it on one Pokémon once per battle. Pic related is samurotts stats after Pokéboost. It's a solution simular to mega evolution and it works for all Pokémon. Some Pokémon get new types(Samurott changes to water/Fighting) but most just boost stats.
>>
>>33045110
The Astral Form thing sounds sick tbqh.
>>
>>33045110
Better idea than what nintendo could ever think, their idea of good by gen 5 is really(and literally) garbage.
>>
PokéBility. It's like Z-moves for abilities.

PokéBilities are more unique abilities that replace a Pokemon's regular ability when holding the Ability Stone.
PokéBilities would benefit the holder's entire team.
It doesn't need to be activated but only one mon can be holding the stone. And if the mon faints, the PokéBility wears off.
>Meowth & Persian's PokéBility would be doubling the amount of prize money earned in battle.
>Patrat & Watchog's PokéBility would raise accuracy every turn a-la speed boost.
>Mr Mime & Mime Jr auto-setup dual screens at the start of the battle.
>Zorua & Zoroark randomizes the appearance of all pokemon in the party.
>Luvdisc makes attacks have a chance of causing infatuation.
>Shuckle gives emptyhanded Pokemon a Berry Juice.
>Every three turns Kecleon will change EVERY mon's type. Hilarity ensues.
>The Eevee line gives the entire party Adaptability for whatever type the Eeveelution is.
>Munchlax & Snorlax makes sleeping mons use Snore or Sleep Talk, regardless of whether it knows them or not.

Put the most creative PokéBilities on the shitmons to turn battles into a game of risk vs reward. Mons that Mega Evolve would just give out stat boosts. Legendaries from the same trio would get the same PokéBility.
>>
File: 800px-AZ_Floette_PG.png (368KB, 800x461px) Image search: [Google]
800px-AZ_Floette_PG.png
368KB, 800x461px
Eternal Forms for all pokemon that aren't fully evolved.
Eternal pokemon have increased stats that are comparable to its final evolution. Stat wise it can work two ways.
1- Each eternal form gets the same base stat total as its final evolution but distributed in different way(eternal rhyhorn is faster than rhyperior)
2- Each eternal form has the same base stats as its final evolution
Design wise it can work two ways
1- Each pokemon keeps its original design but gets eternal flower colouring.
2- Each pokemon stays exactly same.
In addition eternal pokemon get a intro animation like shinies and have a symbol next to their name like mega pokemon. Also pokemon that have been changed to their eternal form are considered fully evolved by the game so evolite and evolution items no longer work on them.
>>
File: 1482868834873.jpg (78KB, 1050x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1482868834873.jpg
78KB, 1050x1122px
>>33046008
>Zorua & Zoroark randomizes the appearance of all pokemon in the party.
>>
>>33044928
Add masks/clothes that give out special properties, but only one party member can hold it.
>Have an extra type
>Give LCmons (besides Scyther) a huge power for ever stat
>One gives a +1 to all stats
>One that activates a longer Perish Song on switches
>Somethat sets up rooms/terrain/weather
And much more.
>>
>>33047411
>>33047378
>>33046008
>>33045147
I like all of these
>>
File: IMG_3804.jpg (67KB, 500x292px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3804.jpg
67KB, 500x292px
I've also considered armoured pokemon as a gimmick but ruled out mentioning it as I. Sure armour is the gimmick for ultra sun and moon.

I was also pro cosmic type but cosmic is essentially the same as psychic - it's higher powers. To make cosmic type would dilute the typings too much.

I also considered zodiac gimmicks but it's a stretch. Most eater. People's aren't really familiar with the western one.

The whole Astro thing described is cool for the super fan but a bit complex for the target audience.

Would perhaps be better with new "terrestrial" and "extraterrestrial" forms that Pokemon can alternate between and let us explore another planet or space. This however is also similar to the ultra dimension angel. And I think the ultra dimension is more interesting.
>>
>>33045110
No bad, but very complex.

>>33045147
Eh, sounds boring.

>>33046008
This sounds good.

>>33047378
This also sounds good. Especially for Pokemon like Pikachu it would make since.

>>33047411
Sounds alright.
>>
>>33045110
I love this
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.