[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish for a gameplay mechanic that makes some shitty Pokemon better.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Lisa's_Nightmare.jpg (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa's_Nightmare.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
I wish for a gameplay mechanic that makes some shitty Pokemon better.
>>
>>33044202
Z-moves?
>>
>>33044202
Granted, but it makes every other Pokemon even better.
>>
>>33044290
Also that means they can't wear another item and they will never evolve.
>>
>>33044424
Yeah, that was the thing. Z-moves and Megas both didn't really do too much for the shittiest Pokemon, though megas probably did more than Z-moves.
>>
>>33044268
all Z moves did was make good Pokemon even better.
>>
>>33044469
That's the point. Z-moves can make shitmons better, but good Pokemon have access to them too.
>>
Perhaps make an in game contest area broken up into tiers based on a pokemons total base stats? Like a lightweight/middle weight/heavyweight scheme. So even weaker pokes at least have SOME reason to be used at some point.
>>
>>33044202
Megas. You never said anything about making great Pokemon better so I'll just give them to some psuedos too :^)
>>
Good news everyone, we've created the PU-tier!
>>
>>33044268
Megas
>>
>>33044202
>when nobody understands the point of the thread
>>
>>33044694
bst alone does not dictate a pokemon's viability.
>>
>>33044202
Granted, but now they are broken, banned, and generally disliked.
Hope you favorite wasn't among them.
>>
Honesty I love Megas but some should have gotten them before others. They were starting to be on the right track again with ORAS but to give Garchomp one before Flygon or Dragonite or Milotic? Really GF? And now all the whiney VGC players not only got their way but might have stopped any future release of them. Though if GF isnt that stupid they will eventually add more cause even the whiney gods of VGC and Smogon are starting to see that they or rather the more broken ones got pretty balanced this gen with Z Moves Nerfs and logical buffs.

Plus if they do add all the old and then some new Megas into USM be a clever move, year off of megas, add them back in to help stop promenient threats in VGC, people rejoice and they sell a shit. Ton. Of Mega merch.
>>
>>33044202
Granted, now mega evolution exists, but it's almost exclusively given to fan favorites.
>>
>>33044202
I wish for a reimagined gen 1 remake on the switch
>>
>>33044202
I wish for another Shell Smash user.
>>
>>33045463
it's wobuffet
>>
File: quest64.jpg (52KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
quest64.jpg
52KB, 800x533px
>>33044202
This is easy. Make anime-style dodging into an actual game mechanic.

Every attack (except guaranteed hits like Feint Attack) gets an AOE, and in addition to "Attack", "Item", "Pokemon" and "Run", you can choose "Dodge", which allows your Pokemon to move anywhere within a certain radius (like Quest 64, pic related).

Smaller, weaker Pokemon can move further, which allows them to escape the AOE of enemy attacks, while fully evolved and powerful Pokemon can only move a short distance.

Speed is treated like "reaction time", while evasion becomes "how far you can move in a couple of seconds". This explains why Pokemon like Pidgeot can fly at Mach 2, but has virtually the same base speed as Linoone, which can run 60mph. They react to things at the same rate.
>>
>>33045425
Granted, graffics aside its a 1:1 replica of the originals, limitations and other issues included.
>>
>>33045529
no
>>
>>33044202
>Used a subjective preference in the wish
>Wish is void
What now, Anon?
>>
>>33045590
>stall becomes dependent on player prediction instead of RNG
>can't abuse evasion and attack at the same time like in the current system
>weak Pokemon get a chance to be useful
>strong Pokemon get access to attacks with wide AOE, so it's balanced

What's to dislike?
Or are you just opposed to it because it's inspired by the Ashnime?
>>
>>33045529
That doesn't make sense because some fully evolved Pokemon are fucking lightning-fast and Pokemon doesn't always adhere to the big = slow archetype.
>>
>>33045529
>>33045795
Whoops, never mind. I replied before reading the rest of the post like a retard.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.