[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starter fakemon thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: South American Starters.png (983KB, 700x944px) Image search: [Google]
South American Starters.png
983KB, 700x944px
I'm going to start a thread that is consists of Starter fakemon (Grass, Fire and Water). First up is pic related. Which one would you choose?
>>
>>33042953
Water, the other two are just bad. Even the water one's final stage is pretty bad too, but at least the first is good.
>>
>>33042953
First off these look generic as hell. No themes, literally just an animal with an element. The fire starter could be something, but still looks bland. The grass starter is literally a rip-off of a starter I've seen in other Fakemon starter threads. The water type is again, generic and boring.
>>
>>33042995
By themes, what do you mean?
>>
>>33043040
Bara/Nu-male/Waifu theme and the RPG theme like the Gen 6 and 7 starters had.
>>
>>33043047
I have a theme for the starters. Mossloth line is Sleeping and Moss since a sloth's fur is home to small critters like bugs. Alpyro line is clothing since wool is use for clothing like in the mountains of the Andes. And Sprizzle line is a wetsuit-markings since Basilisk lizards are known for running across the water.
>>
>>33042953
Well I like the concept, but the execution is bland:

Grass could look more as a mountain, with little trees and rocks

Fire need some theme it just look as a bipedal llama, maybe add colors and mix with a piniata theme
Water is just a ripoff of ben10 alien
>>
>>33042953
>>33043078
They're pretty neat, but I'll give you some criticism.
I'd probably go for Mossloth based on the first stage alone, and then be disappointed that the final stage looks more like a bear with a long tail than a ground sloth. The first stage and final stage don't really look like they're related, and the middle stage doesn't bridge the gap very well. The sleeping theme only really seems obvious in the middle stage, and only after you mentioned it. I thought it was a gnome at first.
Alpyro line kind of has the opposite problem to Mossloth, that there isn't enough of a difference between the first and final stages to justify the existence of the middle stage, and they don't really strike me as Fire-types outside of the red and orange colour scheme. Clothing theme is very clear though.
Sprizzle line looks like just about every other basilisk fakemon I've seen before, but they're solid enough. Could definitely do with something to set them apart, perhaps by expanding on the wetsuit theme and giving them other features that resemble diving equipment.
>>
>>33043177
For the Water starter, it's supposed to be a basilisk lizard with wetsuit-like markings.
>>
>>33043180
Okay. Now I need help with Japanese names for them. Do you have any suggestions?
>>
speaking of starters, what themes do you want for them to tackle in future generations?
>>
>>33042953
these are fucking awful jesus christ
>>
>>33042953
The water one looks cool. Can you make a digital art version of this?
>>
>>33043751
Maybe a Grass type toad, a Fire type snake and a Water-type slug.
>>
>>33042995
This guy is just retarded and doesn't know what he's talking about. Most Pokemon are just animals with an element. Pokemon with themes tend to be the ones that suck shit (sand castle, key ring, sea anchor) fuck that shit. These are just bad artistically and creatively
>>
>>33044293
>This guy is just retarded and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Like you do?
>>
>>33042953
Grass 10/10 times but the earlier group of three are better. Llama one is ok but the third stage just looks stupid to me, and the middle stage of the Grass-type needs to be changed. I appreciate you tryna make it more different but maybe in a different direction.

Water lizard just doesn't stand out to me at all, really quite bland imo.

I would redo the Fire starter altogether (although it's not even a zodiac animal in the first place so I'd start with a different base) and add some sort of new theme or gimmick for the Water one. I'd change the mid stage for the sloth, but it's fine otherwise.
>>
they're boring.

the third stage fire starter is literally just the middle stage except it decided to stand on two legs one day.

and the grass starter looks like it's about to get interesting with some kind of gnome theme but then it just gets boring again.

try thinking of some secondary inspiration for why the pokemon is what it is. Charmander wasn't made just because they decided to arbitrarily take a lizard and make it a fire type, they did it that way because salamanders are mythologically related to fire and turning into a fire breathing dragon is a logical connection. Bulbasaur shows the stages of plant growth. Blastoise has a tank theme since it's an armored turtle that shoots water. These are just animals that turn into bigger animals.
>>
>>33043186
of course
>>
>>33044423
>Blastoise has a tank theme since it's an armored turtle that shoots water. These are just animals that turn into bigger animals.
Blastoise is a really shitty example because the progression from Squirtle to Wartortle to Blastoise is completely fucked.
>>
File: 1500139425620[1].png (355KB, 749x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1500139425620[1].png
355KB, 749x1094px
I love the theme of this starters, but the design is simply bad, any idea for improve this.
>>
>>33044525
Jesus these three have gone through so many variants. Gotta say, Fire3 is looking worse than ever before, though.
>>
>>33044494
just because it's not a shitty JUST GETS BIGGER progression like OPs doesn't mean the progression is fucked. It doesn't look any more out of place than most middle stage starters.
>>
>>33044525
Grass final stage looks great, everything else is pretty dire.
>>
>>33044525
The Grass one is fine.
Water could use some improvements
Fire needs to be redone, though I like the horse idea.

Give me a sec, I can probably do something.
>>
>>33044247
Those aren't themes, numbnuts.
>>
>>33044685
Or are they?
>>
>>33044814
no
>>
>>33044525
I think that the concept is charming, but with terrible 3rd stages.

>Dragon+Tower+Rosebusch

Need more element of tower (all the line), as scales in form of bricks, more grey in its body, black esclera and eyes as tower windows, the rose head is dumb, change by a lot of vines with spikes

>Warhorse+knight+centaur
Maybe a shield hand, more details in its legs, improve the heldmet, the prevolution need elements of squire

>Princess+swan+ballet
I get it, swan princess, the first two are ok, but the last need a rediseg, sadly this need a waifu touch, long legs, femenine figure
>>
>>33044916
>>33044685
They are actually. It's a reference to a Japanese fairytale where the frog-themed hero rescued a slug princess from an evil snake(and yes that's where the Sannin from Naruto got their names).It's an obscure reference, but it counts.
>>
File: IMG_2433.png (26KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2433.png
26KB, 160x160px
>>33044525
These looks worse than I remember
>>
>>33042953
Whoever keeps drawing these needs to make digital art sugi versions.
>>
>>33044962
And/or is based on a Japanese variation of Rock-Paper-Scissors.
>>
File: IMG_0619.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0619.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33045416
Oh and here's a pic of them.
>>
File: 1242097153178.png (484KB, 600x920px) Image search: [Google]
1242097153178.png
484KB, 600x920px
>>33044525
Too bad he stole the grass starter's design and concept
>>
>>33045424
>fire rattlesnake
sold, where do I sign? Toadstool is a bit too plain, though, and I hate the :3 face the slug has. Put the eyes on the stalks, too; it looks pretty generic with just big anime eyes like so many other pokemon have.
>>33042953
The fire one is ok, but a bit bland. Maybe have something else going on besides wool, and if you're going to stand it up, give it a reason to stand up.
First stage of the grass starter is decent, but it really falls apart after that. I see you're kind of going for a night cap in the second stage, but, as other anons have said, it looks more like a gnome. The final evo isn't anything to write home about either, but I can't quite pinpoint what exactly is wrong with it.
The water lizard is the best of the bunch, but even then, it's just passable. Some facial markings that look like a snorkel mask and maybe a change of the back fin to look a little like a flat scuba tank could be good. Again, though, it's currently the best of the bunch.
>>
>>33045670

just the concept, because its design suck >>33044525

But this >>33045670 is perfect, the right mix of elements, look as a dragon, part tower with thorns, but most important look as a pokemon

Now only we need found a good knight and princess designs
>>
>>
>>33046607
these aren't pokemon
>>
>>33046620
This, those "mega evolutions" need to go back to >>>/smt/ where they belong
>>
>>33046620
>>33046676
Would you mind if we got a gen where a handful of mons were given really outlandish designs like this, but then GF just kind of keeps quiet about it and doesn't do it again? I can't say I would mind, especially if they were still pretty cartoony. Kind of like the UB's, actually... huh.
>>
>>33046607
>>33046620
>>33046676
i DON'T like these BUT i do kind of like how wildly different they are in size. kind of an interesting mega quirk for a starter gen.
>>33046688
i mean its basically happened and checked.
>>
>>33046688
Most of the UBs really don't feel that outlandish to me.
>>
Fire starter line that combines cephalopods and explosives/rockets when?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.