[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets try to 'fix' the types

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

I'll go first:

>Fairy now weak to Psychic (Knowledge and science>fairytales or some shit idk)
>Water now weak to Poison (Water can be contaminated)
>Ice now resists Ground
>Fairy no longer resists Bug, and instead Bug resists Fairy
>Steel no longer resists Grass
>Hail boosts defence of all Ice types by 50%

R8 and H8 and post your own changes
>>
>>33040689
>Fairy weak to Psychic
>Fairy neutral to Bug
>Fire no longer resists Fairy
>Grass now resists Fairy
>Ice resists Ground and Flying
>Hail boosts Ice-type's defence by 50%
>>
>>33040708

Grass resisting Fairy is a good idea, but I think Fairy should remain not very effective against Fire too. Its good enough anyway so it can afford to be ineffective against both.
>>
>>33040689
>science > fairy tales
>implying
Tell a girl you're a physics major
Then tell another girl you're a folklore major
Guess which one will get you friend-zoned faster.
>>
>>33040689
>psychic
>science
Nah.
>>
>>33040764
I mainly removed Fire resisting it because, for one thing, Fire already has the second most resistances of any type, and it still held that position before Fairy existed (tied with Poison before). The other reason is that I can't figure out why Fire resists Fairy in the first place from a flavour/lore perspective.
>>
>>33040791
I just tell girls I'm a sergeant major.
>>
>>33040791
>I might get a high paying job for the government
Versus
>I might be lucky enough to get a job at Starbucks
>>
>>33040689
Usually I don't contribute to threads like this, because I know my post is going to drown a sea of stupidity, but I'm feeling stupid this morning so let's take a crack at it.

>Fairy indeed should have been weak to Bug, (to a tiny fairy, an insect is an armored monster made from nightmares,) but I don't see them backpedaling on this. And it would make all those Fairy/Psychic and Fairy/Grass types very sad.
>Logically Bug should be weak to Electric and Ice, though I'm not asking it to be. Imagine all those Bug/Flying types in a world like this.
>I've warmed up to the idea of Water being weak to Poison over the years. It does make some sense, Water is too strong and it's a nice, easy way to make Poison more viable.
>Ice should resist Ground, or Flying. Possibly both.
>Ice shouldn't resist Grass, just because it doesn't deserve the nerf, and plant roots can tunnel through ice or w/e
>Grass should resist Fairy
>Ice SHOULD NOT resist Water. Look I don't wanna spur an argument, there are some specific cases where it does make sense. But there's also a powerful argument that Ice should be WEAK to Water, so I rather think it ought to remain neutral
>I'd like Water to lose its resistance to Ice, as well, but what I really want, is for moves with a 10% chance to Freeze have a 30% chance when used against a Water type.
>Not advocating for it, just pointing out that the only reason Steel resists Psychic is because Psychic needed more resists in Gen II. Realistically, a telekinetic force would definitely warp and tear metal.

More than anything, I wish Steel didn't resist Ice. I believe the logic here is that solid ice can't scratch metal, but think about it. If something conducts heat, that means it also conducts cold. A body of metal would absolutely not protect you from cold temperatures like Blizzards or an Icy Wind. So I think it should be neutral. Not to mention Ice's strong point is supposed to be offense, and it would be hugely helpful.
>>
>>33040689
Keep seeing this ice defense boost in hail. Are you all just btfo with sandstorm teams and need that much of a handicap or do you want to break the game for an ice fetish?
>>
>>33040950
No way, a 50% physical Defense boost in Hail makes a load of sense. More sense than Sandstorm's boost, I would say, because it operates off the logic that the ice falling from the sky is being added onto the Ice type's body, thereby raising its Defense a little.

Sandstorm and Hail are also meant to be counterparts, like Rain and Sunlight are, and yet Hail does not receive the same boosts it gets.I dunno how it would break the game.
>>
>Implying 50% defense in hail would make Ice broken
You'd need a shit load more to make Ice anywhere near broken. All it does is make MonoIce not auto-lose to MonoSteel
>>
> Hail boosting Ice-type Pokémon defence by 50% + Aurora Veil
That's nasty.
>>
>>33041004
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Huh....

What if Hail gave Ice types more of an Aqua Ring effect? Would that be better or worse?
>>
>>33041020
It would be more fair, but slow recovery doesn't help too much on Ice-type Pokémon.
>>
>>33040815
Fire resist Fairy solely so normies wouldn't complain that tard x was weak against the pink type.
>>
>>33040791
>Still believing in the friend zone.
You'll lose your virginity one day, don't worry.
>>
File: Here_we_go_again.jpg (26KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
Here_we_go_again.jpg
26KB, 294x294px
>>33040929
>Ice should resist Ground, or Flying
>Ice should resist Flying
>Ice resist Flying
>Flying

Stopped reading right there
>>
>>33041173
Yeah it's not like birds routinely lose their shit and collectively flee the country whenever it gets cold, or anything.

I'm sure those talons of theirs wouldn't get all messed up if they tried to scratch their way through a solid wall of ice, or anything.
>>
>>33040972
>Ice types
>Be host to great sweepers in all tiers
>Additional 50% defense in hail
>Weavle can out speed every fighting type AND take a hit from them
>Froslass and mamoswine given evasion and defensive boost, set up moves for days.
>Abomasnow permabanned because rest sleep talk
>Avalugg same story except it doesn't need rest, just leftovers and ice body

There is a difference between excadrill and garchomp being broken because of a stupid ability that shouldn't even exist and an auto iron defense on top of every other weather ability ice types get. Defense stat boost as hard as 50% breaks the game in favor of hail teams.
Maybe 25%... Maybe.
>>
Aside from a defence boost, what else could hail provide Ice types that makes them good (but not unreasonably so)?

Maybe Ice types get an extra 10% chance to freeze when using moves that can freeze the target? Or a slight buff to crit rate on Ice moves?
>>
Ice resists water with the exception of scald
>>
>>33041230
>Lets try to 'fix' the types
(You) are trying to "fix" the type chart, not to give reasons why birds are affected by cold. Just because bugs have wings that dosen't mean that they must be weak to electric and ice. Flying as a type is fine as it is, what needs nerfs are Steel and Fairy.
>>
>>33041342
>(You) are trying to "fix" the type chart, not to give reasons why birds are affected by cold

I'll do whatever the fuck I want.

>just because bugs have wings that doesn't mean that they must be weak to electric and ice

No one mentioned that. Those make sense because bug zappers are a thing, and because insects die in the cold. Stop assuming things about other people.
>>
>>33041342
Flying is actually a very strong type, and giving Ice a resistance to it will make the type better while not jeopardizing some of the current "balance."
>>
>>33040689
>ditch the current chart completely
>put every three types into a rock-paper-scissors trio except for Normal, Dark, & Fairy
>Normal is neutral to everything
>Dark & Fairy are super effective to one another
>>
File: 1464353403240.png (474KB, 1440x1437px) Image search: [Google]
1464353403240.png
474KB, 1440x1437px
>>33041656
>literally a dark-type fag who wants to turn the game into rock-paper-scissors
>>
File: 1464553771523.jpg (16KB, 208x236px) Image search: [Google]
1464553771523.jpg
16KB, 208x236px
>>33041765
>implying pokemon isn't a horribly unbalanced game of rock-paper-scissors as it is
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.