[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revamped BW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: Untitled.png (404KB, 1000x523px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
404KB, 1000x523px
I cut some Kanto counterparts and a few others to create a new Unova Dex.

Would you have preferred this for Gen 5, mixed with a few older pokemon, for the Unova Regional Dex?
>>
>>33040633
Nah.
>>
>>33040633
>Starters still there
>epic donut meme still there
>fish mon that just exists to fill in space still there
>shitty croc still there
>retarded fire gorilla still there
>forgetable cactus still there
>failed shillmon still there
>icecream abominations still there
>pointless snowflake still there
>crayon dragon still there
>two shittiest victory road encounters still there
Hell no, might aswell delete this entire dex. It's fucking disgusting to look at.
>>
>>33040645
>shitty croc
(You)
>>
>>33040633
no
>>
>>33040645
The croc and the fire gorilla are the only good things still there
>>
>>33040654
It's fat and retarded though. Also too cartoony. This is basically this gens Incineroar, two pre-evos good and then comes a fucking saturday morning cartoon villain to ruin everything.
>>
>>33040665
Oh you're one of THOSE falseflaggers thanks for making your opinion even more shit
>>
>>33040672
>having good taste and an own opinion makes you a falseflagger
What ever you say then...
>>
>>33040633
No and viewing unovamon as just rehashes is a disservice.
>>
>Disliking gen V
Shit taste.
>>
>>33040633
Nah, I like how Black and White only allowed new Pokemon at first. B2W2 filled the desire for older pokes, so BW's regional dex still feels unique and all its own, which hadn't been done since the beginning of the series. I can see some of the logic of your choices, such as removing the Unfezent line (pidgeot/staraptor line counterpart) or the Liepard line (two stage cat = Meowth/Persian line counterpart), but they still have parts that make them different. Unfortunately, I didn't like Unfezent due to its conflicting stats and movepool, and would have enjoyed it more if its special attack was its focus, and the Liepard line is a different typing altogether compared to its predecessor. The monkey trio I somewhat understand since they are overused quite a bit in BW, but I still like Simisage and the gimmick of the Striaton Gym using them.

I am curious what older Pokemon you would have used to replace the removed ones though.
>>
>>33040645
I agree with you. This generation is mostly unsalvageable.
>>
>>33040633
>Removing the Woobat line and Roggenrola line
Fuck you, those were actually necessary additions. It was a joy to not be running into Zubat and Geodude in every single cave for the first time ever.
>>
>>33040737
So clones are the answer rather than making new cave dweller concepts?
>>
>removing the regional rat and bird when every gen has them
>removing Purrloin line when every generation except Gen 2 has a 2 stage cat line
>removing Lilligant line for no reason

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>33040633
Wasn't the Kanto-similarities intentional? As it was the first region not based on Japan? Why are people making this a big deal?
>>
>>33040633
>Would you have preferred this for Gen 5, mixed with a few older pokemon, for the Unova Regional Dex?
They literally made B2W2 for people like you.
>>
>>33040783
>removing the regional rat and bird when every gen has them
They might as well not exist, nobody uses or cares about them.
Lillipup outclasses Patrat forever.
The whole gen might as well not exist.
Unova was a mistake and one day /vp/ won't pretend otherwise.
>>
>>33040861
End your pitiful existence.
>>
>>33040861
This, what was the idea behind putting two normal types in the same route when one is faster, stronger, tankier, and evolves earlier? That's some game design.

People praise gen 5 over and over for having it's own dex without old pokemon, but I'd take some pandering mixed with some new pokemon and new mechanics (mega evolution, Z crystals) over a dex of recycled designs any day. Gen 5 stagnated the series
>>
Unova hating brainlets need to fuck off back to /v/eddit.
>>
>>33040665
>too cartoony
So like Slowbro then
>This is basically this gens Incineroar
What the actual fuck
>>
File: gen5gen1.jpg (572KB, 800x3198px) Image search: [Google]
gen5gen1.jpg
572KB, 800x3198px
>>
>>33040759
I have no problem with clones. Why shouldn't there be multiple types of bat in the Pokémon world? Why shouldn't there be multiple types of animate rock monsters? It makes sense for a region like Unova, far away from the other regions, to have different Pokémon filling the same niches as old ones.
>>
>>33040928
You can rationalize it but imo a missed opportunity to do something new in a new gen
>>
File: IMG_0220.jpg (21KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0220.jpg
21KB, 250x238px
>>33040645

No, you might as well quit Pokemon. Every generation has duds and you're delusional if you think otherwise.
>>
>>33040898
>I'd take some pandering mixed with some new pokemon and new mechanics (mega evolution, Z crystals) over a dex of recycled designs any day. Gen 5 stagnated the series

We don't need retarded gimmicks added every game.
>>
>>33040914
Yes it is. Fat ugly bara cartoon shit.
>>
>>33040943
But they did something new in a new gen by creating analogous mons that show convergent strategies and disallowing old mons, forcing players to try new ones.
>>
>>33041545
The new Pokemon play the same as the old ones so not really

>slow bulky special psychic types
>slow physical rock types
>physical rodents
>average stat spread bird
>physical fighting types

Sure they were different Pokemon but they didn't play any differently than before. They could have at least done something interesting like make rogenrolla a special attacker to name one example
>>
What makes a "decent" pokemon is that a good number of people "like" it. A decent number like Liepard/Lilligant, but you chose to include the dumb snowflake, fish, icecream, ant, and anteater that no one cares about.
>>
>>33040633
No, retard, it was awesome and fresh.
I'm fucking tired of having the old mons availabre right off the bat, I want a new experience, I don't want to use alakazam and gengar for the 1000th time because there is nothing else to choose.
>>
File: Fuck you.png (118KB, 382x293px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.png
118KB, 382x293px
>>33041504
>Muh Barafag Card!
>>
>>33040680
>MY SHIT OPINION IS RIGHT AND YOU KNOW IT.
>>
>>33040633

so... in a cave ill run into zubats and geodudes?

yea, thats not an improvement
>>
>>33040633
>mixed with a few older pokemon
Nope.

Best part of BW1 was not encountering old Pokemon.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.