[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the main anime will never make the huge (and for the better)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

>the main anime will never make the huge (and for the better) switch from Ash shit
why did they keep going after Johto? I would've been fine with more MC anime variants as protagonists, I'm just kinda sick of Ash after slogging through so much shit recently
>>
>>33039758
Same. Offers a variety of characters instead of shuffling around ashs compansions.

They should pull a Yugioh and make a new protagonist every gen.
>>
>>33039781
I really would've liked it that way
maybe an aged up Ash could make some cameos along the way instead of having him just straight up rinse and repeat as the protagonist for 7 gens straight
also new protagonists = possible different dynamic/banter between them
so far past OS it's just been Ash being the hero while the others show off some forced quirk without any real meaningful interaction with him
>>
>>33039802
This. Even though VP seems to hate Jojos you have to admit it is cool that the series has the balls to go with a new protagonist every so often. Like you said it gives each character their own quirks, personality, etc. One hypothetically Pokemon protagonist could have been serious, another carefree, another cocky and bold, etc.

Instead we just have Ash.
>>
File: 1410170135898.gif (2MB, 250x343px) Image search: [Google]
1410170135898.gif
2MB, 250x343px
>>33039758
Lazy writers. Retarded executives.
>>
>>33039758
>why did they keep going after Johto?
You have to ASK this? Really? I didn't think there was anyone so dense, but guess I was wrong. It's OBVIOUSLY because Ash's Pikachu. Ash's Pikachu, not any other Pikachu, is the mascot of the entire fucking franchise. That's the first Pikachu to call out its name, the first to be given voice, and that voice has been the mascots voice for 20 fucking years. How you did not know this and had to ask, that is beyond me. They even replaced every in-game Pikachu's cry with Ash's Pikachu's cry for fucks sake. Replacing Ash means replacing the mascot of the fucking franchise, his Pikachu, and losing a shit ton of money that fucking rat brings in. And that's not happening. Ever.

But I guess I'm being too harsh. I'm in the wrong here, for expecting someone who wants Ash replaced to be capable of thought. To be capable of observation and coming to logical conclusions. That's far beyond the capabilities of someone who wants Ash replaced.
>>
>>33039781
And i'ts shit, Yugi was the only good protagonist
>>
>>33039967
>Judai exists
Automatically wrong
>>
>>33039967
The only objectively shit one was Yuya.
>>
>>33039963
Weak bait.
>>
>>33040036
>Yuya
>When Yuma exists
>>
>>33040050
Yuma at least had an ounce of character development throughput the series, and manages to be popular in Japan, while Yuya is very widely hated.
>>
They dont give a shit to human characters, the Pokémon are the only protagonists
>>
>>33040074
Then why is there still no Mystery Dungeon anime?
>>
>>33040074
>pikachu for 20 years
>20 years of "PIKA!"
End it.
>>
>>33040059
Yuma is fucking trash. Every, literally every, side character is better. ZeXal was just Shark the show. At least Yuya had interesting gimmicks and a fun deck. EGAO I can take. I can't take fucking Yuma's henshin pop flyin' draw sack every duel with any stakes.
>>
I liked both Yusei and 5Ds
>>
>>33040115
>Complaining about draw sack
>While defending Action Magic Evasion the anime
But you're not wrong that Yuma would've been better as a side character, with a less gaudy lead. Since that's basically what happened with the AI in Vrains.
>>
File: 1411192726495.jpg (1MB, 827x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1411192726495.jpg
1MB, 827x1169px
>>33040125
Yusei was an insufferable mary sue that was written way too perfectly and preachy for his own good, but as long as you recognize that and appreciate him despite that, then that's perfectly fine.
>>
>>33039758
>replace Ash
If you unironically think the name "Ash" and the looks are the problem here, you're more retarded than Ash himself. The problem is the shit anime. If it was a good one, then even Ash would be a good character. He's not, because the anime is SHIT. SHIT!
Replacing Ash will achieve nothing. Just there will a new SHIT character taking place of a SHIT character in a SHIT show. What you need to replace is the SHIT show itself, and the SHIT writers, SHIT directors and even the SHIT animators. Replacing Ahs won't change shit. It'll just give you new shit.
>>
>>33039810
Yeah but the drawback here is that the writers basically just embody whatever trait a character has and make the character a physical manifestation of it because the writers are lazy. No MC comes within a far cry from the Pharaoh or Kaiba (or Joey desu) in the YGO animes.
>>
>>33040125
NO ON SCREEN LOSSES
>>
>>33039802
Dude if they did the character swap every gen every character would be some forced quirky retard with no meaningful interactions with anything.

That being said the anime should literally be the protags from each game doing the region. Why isn't it that??
>>
>>33040170
Judai is just a way better protagonist than Yugi.
>>
>>33040186
>I just love to duel xDDD
I liked GX but it's less than nothing compared to the OS.
>>
>>33040169
This. An anime for Pokemon always will be shiit
>>
>>33040189
Confirmed for only watching dub Season 1. The main character is better and the side character relationships are more genuine in GX. I love OG as much as the next guy, but aside from a few instances the characters are all tropes and maybe that's forgivable for the OG season, but GX is just such a vast improvement when it comes to character interactions.
>>
>>33040180
>second bit
that's actually what i was trying to say somewhat
>>
>>33039758
Look at Digimon.

Yeah, that's why.
>>
>>33039758
The anime isn't catering to you, a grown adult that should have long since moved on from a kiddy-oriented anime show used to sell merch.

It's catering to a transitional group of young kids that check in for a couple of seasons and then drop it altogether. In that sense, Ash doesn't need to be switched out because he can be reset and go through the same generic bullshit over and over with new viewers.
>>
File: IMG_20170716_073610.jpg (982KB, 1446x1747px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170716_073610.jpg
982KB, 1446x1747px
Go to watch Fate apocrypha with best girl
>>
>>33040229
And that's fine for toys and shit, stuff kids eat up but why do older fans only get half-assed shit like Generations when they mostly hold up the game sales? It's not like they can't afford to make a proper anime or that it would be difficult. It's just for lack of trying.
>>
>>33040241
I'm pretty sure that that anime is shit.
>>
>>33040248
Still better than pogaymon
>>
>>33040243
Probably don't want to put too much effort into an anime that some adults might not even pay attention to. So they save money by doing short series and try to keep old fans with Kanto pandering in the games
>>
>>33040229
>The anime isn't catering to you, a grown adult
And that's the problem. It should. Not catering to fans is being retarded. The fuck is the point if it isn't catering to the fans? The point of not catering to the main demographic, the people who can actually buy the fucking games.
>>
>>33040243
Because, and you should know this well, Pokemon cares about profit over all things. For them, the anime is just a means to shilling the franchise and them damn critters to Japanese schoolchildren, and to make their parents buy merchandise and movie tickets.
>>
I don't think that the anime is that bad.
At least i'm enjoying SM.
>>
>>33040263
Kids are fans too
>>
Japan likes the anime and fucking loves the Team Rocket, why they should change it?
>>
>>33040263
Because you already buy the games, there's no escape for you. Meanwhile, there's an entire generation of impressionable children than aren't buying the games but can be hooked early in their lives.
>>
>>33040257
>>33040269
It just seems so strange. It's a drop in the bucket in the money printing machine that is Pokemon. It's not like Origins and Generations weren't well received and they should smell the potential money from getting Normies back into the fandom from Pokemon Go, even momentarily. It's just strange they haven't even tried.
>>
>>33040284
Normies only like ash misty and brock
>>
>>33040288
>ash misty and brock
>ash
Normies hate Ash.
>>
>>33040284
Because it works. The anime might be (and it is) among the contenders for the title of worst anime ever, but it does its job of being a commercial ad.
>>
>>33040288
Nah. Normies like the edgy Red too. Just throw in some squirtle charmander Origins fight shit and it'll sell like hotcakes.
>>
>>33040293
You don't have to stop the ashime though. That's the thing.
>>
>>33040288
This
>>
>>33040291
I demand proofs. In my country normies like Ash.
>>
>>33040316
Internet is full of shit like this.
>>
>>33040332
Oops
>>
Just put Misty and Brock again
>>
>>33040288
>>33040316
You're probably confusing liking with recognizing a character. I can guarantee it's not that they like Ash, they remember him from the cartoon they used to watch when they were children.
>>
>>33040284
Because they literally don't give a shit. Japanese schoolchildren make them billions of yen every month, they don't need to give a flying fuck about adult fans. The money the adult market generates is less than the average kid because the kids buy tons of inane merchandise (soft toys, candy, stationary, clothing, apparel, etc.) and movie tickets while most adult fans will only buy the game and the occasional figure.

Unlike digimon there's no need for them to double dip, pokemon is the second most popular under-10s franchise in the world.
>>
>>33040347
They like the original trio
>>
>>33040352
Because that's the one they remember.
>>
>>33040349
I don't know man, Pokemon Go is a fucking huge amount of money going to them even now.
>>
>>33040349
Meh a lot of adults in japan like te anime too, not only kids.
Twitter is a reliable source of this.
>>
Just throwing this out there, but who says that they have to reinvent the current anime to make a show for older fans? I'm sure plenty of us would love to have a couple of 12-13 episode seasons with all the bells and whistles that can satisfy us. Something like Origins, but a bit more expanded with maybe one season per year focusing on the different regions and their protagonists instead of the cameos during 5 minute shorts we got with Generations.
>>
File: lol.jpg (194KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
194KB, 848x480px
>>33040374
>>33040380
target audience =/= periphery audience
>>
>>33040275
Have you ever seen a kid play Pokemon? Let me tell you in case you haven't. They give zero fucks. This isn't the 90s. Pokemon isn't some unique experience, being the only game with 100+ playable characters. Now, Pokemon is just another game to them, and most kids give it zero thoughts beyond that. GF is NOT going to make any money catering to them. It's the teens and adults that get hyped before the release of a Pokemon game, they're the ones who pre-order and care about this shit.

If you want proof, go attend any Pokemon event, even try watching a movie in theaters. You'll see the kids to teens/adult ratio for yourself.
>>
>>33040432
Still kids are fans
>>
>>33040444
And the point was, they don't matter. They're a minority. Gays like Pokemon. Are you going to suggest making an anime with Ash sucking cocks to cater to them? No, that would be retarded. Because that's a minority, and catering to them is a retarded move all around. Same applies to kids, it's just less extreme. It's not the kids that buy the games the most, that buy the merch and support this shit. Catering to them is a waste of time.

Way to miss the point.
>>
>>33040432
>>33040447
0/10 you're not even trying.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.