[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Timeline thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1495118901087.gif (1MB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1495118901087.gif
1MB, 440x440px
I've seen a few people claim that SM takes place 20 years after Gen 1, where does this come from?
How do you think the timeline is spaced? I've always viewed it as Gen 1 = Gen 3 -> 3 years -> Gen 2 = Gen 4 -> ~3-5 years -> Gen 5 -> 2 years -> Gen 5.5 = Gen 6 -> ? years maybe even just a few months -> Gen 7
>>
>>33038367
Poor Lapras :(
>>
>>33038367
I saw it as ten years.

Also, SM takes place two years after BW2.
>>
>>33038424
>Also, SM takes place two years after BW2
It does? Is there something in game that says that?
>>
>>33038433
This is concept art from the official SM art book. Note entry number ten. That's the only clear reference we have.
>>
>>33038454
Oh yeah! I forgot about that.
>>
>>33038367
There's at least a five-year gap between gen 4 and 5. I've deduced it from Caitlin's appearances.
>>
>>33038554
I agree, another good point of reference is the team rocket grunt that appears in Iccirus City. He mentions after team rocket was disbanded a second time he moved to Unova to try and start it again but he ended up starting a family instead. This is the same grunt with the funny speech pattern from the Johto games and the Sinnoh protag starts their journey around the time of the lake of rage.
>>
Anabel came through the wormhole about 10 years before SM, so FRLG/ORAS taking place about 10 years before SM sounds good to me. That would make 3 years between HGSS/DPP and BW.
>>
>>33038554
and the rocket grunt's son
>>
>>33038604
>Anabel came through the wormhole about 10 years before SM
Does it say this in game?
>>
>>33038627
The incident Looker mentions was 10 years ago, I dont remember if its the same as Annabel's wormhole incident
>>
>>33038627
Yes
>>
>>33038649
You mean the Guzzlord incident? I don't think that involved Anabel.
>>
>>33038659
I need to replay the UB's arc.
But isnt it: Guzzlord incident kills former Looker partner, and inmediatly after that annabel appears in the beach?
>>
>>33038649
It was. He says Anabel came through a wormhole shortly after the failed mission to take care of Guzzlord.
>>
>>33038672
I don't remember either...The mega and nonmega timelines don't necessarily have to be in sync though.
>>
>>33038689
No, because they are not the same universe, so theres no sync or no sync. Their timelines are not related. Now, if ORAS is in a place in its timeline, RSE Should be in the same place in the other timeline, cause butterfly effect
>>
As far as I can tell th Mega Universe is Kanto > Johto > Sinnoh > Unova > Kalos/Hoenn > Alola with a total of around 11-12 year gap from Kanto to Alola.
>>
>>33038604
This assumes that she was transported shortly after FRLG/ORAS

ORAS could have easily taken place 20 years ago, and she could have just been transported to this world at any point during that gap.

We don't know when she was teleported exactly, just that she fell 10 years ago.
>>
For fuck's sake, ORAS does not take place at the same time as XY. We see Mr. Bonding's origin in ORAS. We're told that Valerie hasn't started her Gym yet, and is likely very young. And the Royal Unova hasn't been built yet, so it must be before BW.
>>
>>33038424

First virtual reality Pokémon was created 20 years ago
>>
>>33038454
C O N F I R M E D

Also, fuck off 4chin spam filter.
>>
>>33038802
Why else would the developers drop the 10 year mention if it didn't mean anything? Try looking at it from the writer's perspective. It's obvious that it's supposed to be indicative of the time between ORAS and SM.
>>
>>33039818
And let's not forget that the Black Tower in B2 was built almost overnight, which eliminates the argument of "B-but the Battle Frontier must have taken years to build!"
>>
>>33039818
>Wally has almost no aging compared to Red and Green who are now well in their 20s
At best its been 3 maybe 4 years.
>>
>>33038798
Pre mega verse had kanto/ hoenn and johto/ sinnoh as simultaneous. Why do you think that changed?
>>
TIMELINE ONE:
Kanto/Hoenn -> 3 years -> Johto/Sinnoh -> 13 years -> Unova 1 -> 2 years -> Unova 2

TIMELINE TWO:
Hoenn remakes -> [unknown timeframe] -> Kalos -> [unknown timeframe] -> Alola
>>
>>33039938
Events from timeline one are mentioned in timeline two, there is no reason to think they didn't happen.
>>
>>33039916
My brother is almost 28 but most people still don't think he's even old enough to work because he looks 12 to maybe 14 years old and has since he was that age.

Also keep in mind this is a creation of Japan. Where characters who are 300+ year old lolis regularly exist.
>>
>>33039818
It could be that her drop was not to act as something indicative of the timeline, but just to add to her own lore and explain how she's been living. You can't expect her to be so high-ranking in only a few years.

The time COULD also mean something about the timeline. But I'm just saying that it's not necessarily the case.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.