[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: YLpdpDt.png (1MB, 1176x1620px) Image search: [Google]
YLpdpDt.png
1MB, 1176x1620px
Why?
>>
Why what?
>>
>>33038104
>Icy Snow Pattern text and background are the same color.
For what purpose?
>>
>>33038199
Actually there just isn't any text there
>>
File: butterflies.jpg (2MB, 1877x1431px) Image search: [Google]
butterflies.jpg
2MB, 1877x1431px
>>33038104
because nature
>>
>>33038104
It's 666
>>
>>33038104
>except mothran all of them are shit
>>
File: 1492217282798.jpg (83KB, 319x340px) Image search: [Google]
1492217282798.jpg
83KB, 319x340px
>>33038597
>everything except mothran
>shit
Nice bait!
>>
>>33038104

When you realize moths are just nighttime butterflies. Mind fucking blown.
>>
I like monsoon and ocean Vivillon the most.
>>
>>33038597
-Venomoth has it's uses thanks to Tinted Lens + Bug Z-crystal
-Villvon's 91% Accurate Hurricane's are no joke
-Masqurain has Intimidate + lots of coverage to chose from
Other than those, your right
>>
>>33038644
In french moths are literally called night butterflies.
>>
>>33038104
A proof showing why Bug is second best type
>>
>>33038104
Vivillon was my bro in XY.
>>
>>33038104
If dubs delete mothim
>>
>>33038104
Pokémon is directly inspired by bug collecting
>>
because gamefreak is fucking retarded and has no clue how to into design
>>
>>33038104
Moths look cool. That being said, Mothim is an uninspired mess with no real direction besides looking vaguely moth-ish, and Masqueraid barely looks like an insect, let alone a butterfly/moth. Then, of course, you've got the problem that, aside from Volcarona, they're all worthless.
>>
>>33040048
This image makes a few good points, but it still manages to piss me off despite mostly agreeing with it.
>Liepard has more fur details than Persian, and is barely any thinner than Persian
>Literally any time a Pokemon is simple its negative, even if it goes with the theme
>Ignoring that Fletchling is based on very small, smooth birds which really are that smooth/round with tiny simple pointed beaks
>If a pokemon resembles another pokemon in theme it must look exactly the same or else its bad
>Constantly reusing "oversized head" despite most pokemon having oversized heads
>Comparing a crab to a shrimp and complaining that the shrimp doesn't have a rough body when that's not how shrimp work
>"Circular head" used against Sylveon, which doesn't have a circular head, at least not any more than the other eeveelutions; plus, complaining that it has big eyes when being overly cute is literally the entire point of it
>Comparing Mankey to Darumaka, which is based on a doll, hence being small and round and shaped like a fucking doll
>Using Jynx as an example of a good design
>"Realistic dress", as though a dress needs to be long and billowing to be real
>A flower has to have cuts to be real
>Implying Venusaur's "flower" is realistic, which just has giant squares for petals
>The "cartoony flower with no detail" clearly has shading details
>Ignoring that Vullaby's skull is meant to look like an egg, hence the rounded shape
>A head literally cannot be rounded ever
>"Cartoony oversized simplified depiction of tentacles" when they're meant to be floaty, fabric-like tentacles, which is much more accurate to actual jellyfish, unlike Tentacruel, whose tentacles are just round noodles that look nothing like the tentacles on any species of jellyfish that has ever existed
>Clothes cant be smooth, they must have small divots like cheerleader skirts in order to be realistic
TLDR "IF I DON'T LIKE IT IT'S A BAD DESIGN"
Although theyre right about many new pokemon being too cutesy.
>>
File: based crest.png (283KB, 1024x870px) Image search: [Google]
based crest.png
283KB, 1024x870px
>>33040138
>"Cartoony oversized simplified depiction of tentacles" when they're meant to be floaty, fabric-like tentacles, which is much more accurate to actual jellyfish, unlike Tentacruel, whose tentacles are just round noodles that look nothing like the tentacles on any species of jellyfish that has ever existed
Probably gets his idea of how tentacles look from hentai.

Also, by that image's standards, pic related is a top tier design. And while I feel that way, I doubt that the image's creator would agree.
>>
>>33038644
Actually, moths evolved first, so butterflies are daytime moths.
>>
>>33040048
It just takes someone to post a Horsea to completely shit on this picture.
>>
>>33040144
I honestly can't decide if I like Doublade or Aegislash more
>>
>>33040048
Most of the shit in this image is reaching, and that Pikipek looks fucking awful.
>>
>>33038597
>>33039847

I use this as a lead all the time with great success. People dont expect it to hit as hard as it does, and sticky web is great.

Masquerain (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Sticky Web
>>
>>33039847
>Venomoth is barely usable, but I give you that
>Nice 99% accurate Hurricanes that do 3%
>Again, Nice coverage that does 3%
>>
>>33040328
They're both great designs, and Honedge is an excellent first form.
>>
>>33038104
I almost answered this thread before heading off to bed last night, and just kinda hoped someone else would, but I guess no one did.

We get a new butterfly and/or moth practically every generation because

>The concept of Pokémon was inspired by insects
>They go through easily recognizable methamorphosis

I believe those are the only reasons. But think about it, 'evolution' (which is actually metamorphosis,) is very important to the Pokémon franchise. The transition from a caterpillar, to a chrysalis, to a butterfly, is easily the most widely taught and recognized example of that, due to how distinct it is.
It also fits Pokémon's system of there being no more then 3 stages in an evolution line, and there's also thousands of different, unique species of moth and butterfly to pull from and play with concept-wise. And there's ALSO the fact that Bug type Pokémon usually evolve very early in the game, so letting a new player catch a caterpillar is the perfect way to teach them the mechanics of evolution.

For this reason I'm shocked we don't have more frogs and toads evolving from tadpoles. Froakie should have been one; a tadpole becoming a frog would have been great for a starter pokémon.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.