[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we find ways to improve pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: DBpOusxXgAIdpum1.jpg (124KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
DBpOusxXgAIdpum1.jpg
124KB, 1024x512px
I'll start
Open multiplayer world
DLC
Way to obtain pokemon the way we want (not that faggot Island Scan)
>>
>>33037382
dungeons. They don't all have to be 7 floors but I miss the feeling of adventure. I want to go into swamps and volcanoes and shit and find rare ass pokemon
>>
>>33037579
*cough* pmd
>>
NPCs leave you alone and let you do stuff when you want
>>
>>33037382
Champion has max Iv's and ev's with all pokemon holding complementary items. Also, they are at least 10 levels higher than the best elite four.
>>
>>33037610
Not really the same. Like cerulean cave and ho oh and lugia. I want that with more pokemon. They don't have to only be for legendaries
>>
>Vitamins no longer have a cap, making competitive EV training more accessible and easier for trainers
>Hidden Power is no longer determined by IVs, trainers are now able to choose their type preference by asking a NPC
>Pokemon can be released and caught again to change pokeballs, natures, or names
>HA capsule is now available
>Bottle caps are now available through purchase of BPs, none of this random encounters
>>
>>33037610
the old 2d pmd story lines were GOAT. They should figure out a way to incorporate something like this (in the switch game, prolly not gonna happen in USUM)
>>
>>33037661
I don't even know how they'd pull that off. The earlier PMDs were great because it felt a lot less structured than the main series. Story had a far more natural flow because it didn't feel like your were checking off boxes as you went.

Characters were far more charming, too. There's been nothing in the main series that could compare to the Grovyle/Celebi/Dusknoir storyline at all. Nothing else has even had the emotional weight of it, either.
>>
>>33037382
The only thing that could save Pokemon at this point would be a period of ten years in which game sales tank.
Maybe then GF will be forced to produce quality content.
Until then, they'll continue to put in minimal effort because children and manchildren will continue to pay their salaries. If people still pay for the games after Ultra Beasts, I don't know if humanity is worth it
>>
>>33037630
The games would become way too difficult for 90% of players. We have to remember GF needs to make money.
>>
>>33037652
>Hidden Power is no longer hidden
>>
>>33037652
>Pokemon can be released and caught again to change balls
Fuck that just add an option in the bag when you select a ball. "Swap ball" and then it takes you to the party and changes the ball of whichever mon you pick, consuming the one from your bag.
>>
>>33038860
People would just recycle master balls
>>
>>33038966

Make up some bullshit about how the master ball's core is too delicate to salvage and so swapping out of it destroys it.
>>
>>33038756
>Implying those 90% don't turn on EXP Share and beat the entire game by being 30 levels higher
>>
>>33038966
Obviously it would also break the original ball to prevent this shit.
>>
The story is about you and your adventure not some forced blonde cunt
>>
File: IMG_2445.jpg (173KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2445.jpg
173KB, 1191x670px
>>33037382
>Open world multiplayer
No way, that would ruin the experience for me. I don't want pokemon to turn into an open world rpg. It wouldn't even feel like an adventure anymore. If i want to play Pokémon with someone, i can battle them by link or online easily.
>DLC
The only acceptable DLC would be the battle frontier.

Anyways... i like Pokémon they way it is, but i hope they could add more battle and overworld mechanics.
>>
Agree with anon who said Dungeons, since my biggest complain about SM was the lack of a large Dungeon. There is not even a Victory Road. Something like RSE's Victory Road, it was challenging and fun.

I would also love a Difficulty option, for fucks sake, it's been 20 years, implement this! It's a basic feature that only has benefits.

You could even do something like asking the player if he ever played before, and if he is familiar with competitive play.
This way you could make a very challenging RPG for the adults or a easy game for the children.

The harder the difficulty the better the NPCs and their teams. BW2 did this wrong, as overleveling the opponent is the wrong way to do it. Instead, give them actual good movesets, items and AI. I am so tired of getting to the end of Pokémon games and the trainers have 3 Pokémon, all with shitty moves and underleveled. They need to fix this.

And with the difficulty increase also comes the tutorials, they would be turned off for "veteran mode", but accessible from a menu if you wish to see them (think FRLG), where as the easier mode would be hald-holdy just like SM was.
>>
>>33038997
That's not how it works. The game is balanced around the exp share. I was still underleveled in the SM elite 4 with the exp share because grinding is stupid.
>>
>>33038771
Trainers can check their Pokemon's IVs legally and easily now. It's not a secret anymore, and now trainers just soft-reset to get the IV spread result they want. Better off to just cut out the tedious grinding. IV manipulation has already happened via caps, so it's not like its suddenly new.
>>
>>33037382
What if they have different alolan pokemon and even wild pokemon (besides the ones introduced in gen 7)
>>
>>33038709
>tfw its true
>tfw thought SM was bad
>tfw still considering getting USM just to scratch the itch
>>
>Story is no longer "Evil Team manipulates box legend to threaten the world". It's all about the adventure, like RBYHGSSC, with story only taking place in the background giving you slight guidelines where to go.
>No more unskippable cutscenes, so that when you actually want to start a new game you don't have to keep tapping A non stop
>Large open world with following Pokemon
>Ridable Pokemon are your own
>>
>>33039275
tfw when S/M was so bad I sold my ds
tfw when sitting with a pile of cash and don't know wat do until switch comes out with pokemon
>>
>>33039299
>Ridable Pokemon are your own

This. I was so depressed that I couldn't ride on my Arcanine
>>
>>33037382
Powerpoints are a stat like HP, and all moves a pokemon use comes from the same pool. Stronger moves use more powerpoints, so the choice between ember vs incinerate vs flamethrower vs fire blast is more nuanced, as you can use weaker moves more often than stronger ones.
>>
>>33038709
>not liking thr ultra beasts.
Wtf anon?
>>
The ability to challenge trainers again like in gen 3 and 4 so their teams improve and it makes earning money and level grinding easier and more fun, including the league and the gym leaders.

Have bosses (the gym leaders or kahunas, whatever) have more than 3 pokemon in their team too, like in previous gen.

>>33037579
Yeah, that and more puzzles in general too, whether they require HMs/pokerides or not.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.