[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you tried making a hackrom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1498842862044.png (855KB, 726x860px) Image search: [Google]
1498842862044.png
855KB, 726x860px
Have you tried making a hackrom?
>>
no i'm too lazy
>>
>>33032817
Have you tried killing yourself?
>>
>>33032817
I made a sun romhack, never bothered releasing it because it was kinda shit and redundant
>>
One but, I just played with the map editor and never did anything with it.
>>
>>33032817
Can you make a decent Pokémon game in unity?
>>
>>33032817
Once I tried to do a FireRed hack where you had to follow the inverse path from pallet.
I built a large ass bridge linking pallet to fuchsia so you could catch your first Pokemon by yourself at the Safari Zone, but then I lazied out.
>>
>>33032966
If you don't mind having to rewrite the entire battle system and every single move, sure you can
>>
>>33032854
Yes
>>
>>33033010
I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to build a frame for Pokémon moves, then adding every single move would be simple data entry
The frame is probably out my league at the moment currently though
>>
>>33033027
You're forgetting about all the moves with unique effects.
Abilities too, and items.

For reference, here's showdown's implementation
https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/master/data/moves.js
https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/master/data/abilities.js
https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/master/data/items.js

As you might notice, they're REALLY big and probably took a very long time to write.
>>
>>33033051
Oh the sheer volume I appreciate. But if you did it on a 'mon by 'mon basis (assuming you had the framework of type matchups BP vs Stats etc) it'd only take that, an incredibly long time.
>>
>>33032817
No, I have no idea how, the closest I've done is replacing one of the PCs in Clover.
>>
File: kukuipk3ds.jpg (73KB, 591x353px) Image search: [Google]
kukuipk3ds.jpg
73KB, 591x353px
>>33032817
I tried to do a SM romhack with :

>gradually more pokemon for the trainers (mostly Island 3 - 4)
>better movesets
>bigger use and distribution of held items in game, that will also give more use to your money
>harder totems
>difficulty more scaled on the exp share
>60 more pokemon ~~ and better distribution
>general BST fix (or abilities), especially for shitmons line like Morelull or Gumshoos
>better level up moves, fix of some mistakes like Golisopod not learning normally razor shell
>fix of evolution lvl/method for mon like rufflet/vullaby/crabrawler/charjabug
>rebalancing for a lot of moves 100% accuracy Play Rough :^)

but I got lazy ahahaha
>>
File: mario.gif (3MB, 420x285px) Image search: [Google]
mario.gif
3MB, 420x285px
I want to make a hack with a bunch of goofy fakemon, but designing the move lists and stats and shit sounds really gay
>>
i've tried loads but laziness and being too stupid to know how this shit works takes over always
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.