[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/, can you help me with the Mystery Dungeon games? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Hey /vp/, can you help me with the Mystery Dungeon games?
I want to play the best one but there are quite a few which all seem very similar.
I'd choose pic related since it's the newest one but you never know.

So tell me, what is the single best Mystery Dungeon experience?
>>
the original.
>>
>>33026043
start with rescue team, then do Explorers, then do Super

you could probably skip rescue team if you really didn't want to, but I wouldn't
>>
>>33026043
Sky, which is also the best pokemon game of all time.
>>
>>33026043
Rescue Team's got a pretty good challenge and feels a bit more familiar to the main series than the rest. Sky refines it in some areas, but also worsens some aspects, too. Super's gameplay is also fine, it's mostly item-based.
Plot-wise they're all overrated. Gates is the most ok for an overarching plot, Sky's is pretty generic, though you could say it's better than the main series' nonplots, and Super's is outright terrible. Rescue Team has a few overarching plot-points, but after you go through that, you're free to do whatever in the postgame.

>>33026060
Nice meme
>>
You can play them all in order since there aren’t many.
Blue>Sky>Gates>Super
Some people don’t like gates, but iirc it was mostly about not having the complete set of mons available and not too much about the game and plot itself.
Most will answer Sky.
>>
explorers of sky
>>
>>33026112
what meme? he is right...
explorer of the sky have the best history in the pokemon franchise
>>
>>33026060
>>33028759
Stop this "x is the best" shit. If you keep shoving things down people's throats, they'll find it annoying and be less inclined to actually give it a chance. PMD fans shouldn't be elitist about their games, discussions usually end up being okay because nobody tries to force the games as the best things ever. Mainline fans fall into that trap, which is why you see so many wars about whether BW2, HGSS, etc are the best.
>>
>>33026043
Super is the most enjoyable to me
>>
>>33026043
Best games are either older Explorers (Sky is the standard third version in a gen, so I'd go for it unless you really want the older ones) or newer Super, I'm partial to the latter because, well, it's newer and slightly more casual (although it can push your shit in a few times before postgame)
but if you can, play it last as it has a lot (and I mean A LOT) of references to previous three
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.