[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They add a 7th base stat. What is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 4

File: J5He1oT[1].png (7KB, 464x257px) Image search: [Google]
J5He1oT[1].png
7KB, 464x257px
They add a 7th base stat. What is it?
>>
Accuracy
>>
Heart
>>
Evasion.
>>
>>33025506
Weight
>>
luck
i.e, increases odds of crits and secondary effects
>>
File: IMG_0486.gif (773KB, 260x221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0486.gif
773KB, 260x221px
>>33025538

this is exactly the type of stupid shit gf would implement
>>
>>33025506
Friendship obv.
>>
>>33025563
Nigger a lot of JRPGs have a luck stat
>>
Skill
>>
File: latest[1].png (42KB, 717x719px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
42KB, 717x719px
>>33025530
And what does the Heart stat do? Obviously things like Gardevoir and Alomomola would have a high Heart stat.
>>
>>33025579

pokémon has a competitive battling aspect. a luck stat would completely remove any semblance of a competitive game and make it into a shit rpg exploitation fest
>>
>>33025600
There are almost no competitive scenes with no luck involved.

Maybe, like, chess or something.
>>
PP gets removed and replaced with a stamina stat
>>
>>33025608

yeah and rng is already very prevelant in competitive pokemon
>>
Status defense
>>
>>33025623
How exactly would that work? You could also have status effects linked to it it too
>>
I would add ultra attack and ultra defense
>>
>>33025623
how about PP is replaced with an MP stat? Pokemon can now learn more than four moves and moves use MP, making pokemon less shit of a game
>>
>>33025506
Pokéathlon has 5 stats: Speed, Power, Skill, Stamina, Jump.

I think that Skill would work:
Skill: The higher that stat is, the more likely the chances of everything increases. (Secondary Effect, Critical Hit, Evade Attacks, etc.)
>>
>>33025538
pls no
serene grace would become more cancerous than ever
>>
>>33025538
>Always investing 252 EV in Luck is the new competitive meta.
Please Gamefreak, keep things as it is. Too many companies tried new shit that ruined their franchise.
>>
>>33025635
Each move takes a certain amount of stamina to use. Stamina recovers a little bit each turn, but there of course are items that can speed it up. And of course status effects that deplete or temporarily stop recovery. If you get to a point where you don't have enough stamina to use any of your moves, you can use an item, switch out, struggle, or do nothing.
>>
Luck
Affects critical hits, secondary effects, damage rolls ect.
>>
Splitting Speed into Physical Speed and Special Speed
>>
>Pokemon with low special speed / high special attack + high physical speed / low physical attack
>Can fire off quick, weak U-Turns or use its lower special speed to fire off stronger moves
This would be ok
>>
Resistance

Reduces the chance and effects of status.

So Flamethrower's 10% burn chance can be lower, and Thunder Wave is no longer a guaranteed paralysis. The damage from Poison and Burn can be lower, while the stat penalties from Burn and Paralysis can be lower as well. Sleep, Freeze, and Confusion are overcome more quickly. Flinch may not even work outright.
>>
>>33025608
This would not be about having luck involved. It's about having luck CONTROL.

If you can train a pokemon to have higher chances os hitting and getting criticals, that's what everyone will do. Defensive pokemon will become irrelevant and matches will be won or lost depending on wether you got a critical at the right time.
>>
>>33025563
Speed used to affect crit chance in gen1.
>>
>>33025506

resistance

neutral bst
only for EV's

the higher stat the greater resistance for weaknesses
>>
>>33025506
Special HP, to match SpA and SpD.
>>
>>33025653
>not adding jump
>>
>>33025677
So replacing PP with a refilling mana bar?
I think I saw a mobile poke-clone that kind of does that.
>>
potency

how likely hatched mons from a mon gonna have good ivs
>>
critical hit stat [neutral, only ev's]
evasion stat [nope]
survival stat [focus sash with any amount of hp]
special speed stat [slower mon will have 50% chance to always attack first]

& this >>33025820

now only have to nerf garchomp and many other mon, buff another mon and we have balanced meta
>>
>>33025688
Would splitting HP into special HP and physical HP also work? fatmons would have super high physical HP but slightly lower special HP. Mons related to mind or dreams (alakazam, hypno, cresselia) would have a fuckton of special HP but crappy physical HP.
>>
Intelligence
Higher intelligence results in the Pokemon becoming more likely to not listen to the trainer. Meta becomes boosting opponent Pokemon intelligence so they'll sit there doing nothing.
>>
>>33025506
Alignment, which could be negative (evil) or positive (good).

(Or maybe some other thing more appropriate for the audience)

Anyway, this stat would determine wether or not some moves can be used and chenge the effects of others.

For example, Mean Look could only be used by pokemon with Alignment of -60 or below. Helping Hand requires positive Alignment, otherwise, it becomes a Dark type offensive move.

Moves that change Aligment mid battle could block your opponent from using their attacks, that would punish edgy players who invest too much on evil-focused Darkrais.
>>
>>33025925
This is basically Defense and Special Defense.
>>
Autism
>>
>>33025962
You earn +4 EV for each post on /vp/
>>
>>33025972
The player can wear a Macho Brace for double the EVs. Comes only with pre-order the super mono deluxe edition, only 59.95.
>>
>>33025677
Maybe you could defend, which doesn't attack, but it decreases damage you take and speeds up stamina recovery
>>
>>33025930
>Enemy Alakazam is too smart to battle!
>>
Friendship
>>
>>33025930
Actually, yes. But you make it a risk/reward thing.
More effective, but also more likely to ignore you

A better way to implement
>>33025653 without causing >>33025600

It becomes tactical, rather than just rolling and hoping for success.
>>
>>33026094
Ehhh, I feel this would make walls a lot more difficult to deal with.

Why would a defensive Pokemon attack when it could just soak up damage even better? Sure you'd take breaks to status or recover but most of the time it'd be guarding.
>>
>>33025506
Stamina

The only correct answer in this entire thread.
>>
>>33026151
That's how most high defense characters work in RPGs
>>
>>33025810
Yes? And? We know, why the fuck are you spewing obvious shit?
>>
fuckability
>>
Evasion. :^)
>>
Magic/ESP.
>>
>>33025608
Even then you still have luck in what your opponent does
>>
>>33025972
no bully pls
>>
>>33025972
put the chromosone in the bag nebby
>>
maybe some sort of poise system where fast pokemon stagger next turn if taking damage this turn
>>
Focus, increases accuracy and how short confusion and sleep are
>>
File: 1491510270737.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491510270737.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>33026188
what is it like to be this easily triggerable?
>>
EVADE

before people get mad, 100% accuracy moves would still have 100% accuracy. The only thing this would change is <100% accuracy moves and the effects of double team.

Pokemon with low evasion would have innacurate moves be more accurate against them, so 85% hydro pump becomes 100% against snorlax. Evasion would be normalized so most moves are close to their original accuracy against most pokemon, this would mainly serve as a nerf to already powerful pokemon like tyranitar, mega salamence, garchomp, etc.

The effects of sand-veil/double team etc, would also be drastically less on pokemon with low evasion, and be slightly buffed on high evasion pokemon.
>>
>>33025843
Evo Creo, a fairly decent Not-Pokemon monster collecting game for a dollar in the app store, had this. I liked it, felt more practical than spamming the strongest move until winning.
>>
Equip load.
Shittier pokemon like Ledian, Luvdisc and Delibird have a very high equip load stat, which allows them to hold multiple items while pokemon like pseudo legends have a very low equip load stat.
Pokemon with an extremely high equip load stat will be able to hold multiple items with no exceptions, while pokemon with a medium equip load stat can have multiple items, with restrictions (such as you can't hold a combination of two berries and/or choice items or you can't hold life orb with shell bell/leftovers/black sludge for example) pokemon with a low stat can only hold on to one item.
>>
>>33025506
Luck, increases crit chance
>>
Skill. Skill stat effects the secondary effects of all attacks from flinching to burning to confusing etc. Serene Grace becomes the Pure Power of Skill.
>>
>>33026776
Either something like this, or proficiency. If your Pokemon has lower proficiency, the item will be less effective, like n leftovers healing you for 2% health or choice band only increasing your power by 15%. A Pokemon with really high proficiency gets healed for more with leftovers and such. Maybe even items exclusive to high proficiency
>>
>>33026151
how about defending is in its self a move that uses some stamina and instead have a rest move that lets you regain stamina but makes you take more damage?
>>
>>33025506
Split the speed stat into physical, special, and status
>>
>>33026188
I think he was just trying to point out that even GF has already acknowledged that tying critical rate to a stat was a mistake.

Asking for a luck stat in Pokémon is stupid.

Also, don't get triggered by random trivia. At some point, that was new for you too.
>>
>>33026188
>angry namefag has a tantrum over nothing
>>
>>33025623
Stamina could make pokemon real time strategy. Speed would just be execution time of each move.
>>
Sound.
>>
>>33025506
Hunger

Now, every pokemon can permanently die.
>>
>>33025506
Impact on Frame Rate
>>
>>33025506
endurance
pokemons tire the longer they stay on terrain and get stats debuffs, pokemon with higher endurance take more time to get the debuffs
>>
All of these ideas are awful and I'm glad none of you work for Gamefreak.
>>
>>33025506
Skill: Affects your Pokémon's rate of getting a Critical Hit.
>>
>>33028148
OP does. He's looking for ideas.

Your feedback is very important to us.
>>
>>33028260
It's true.
>>
>>33028148
>some of these would make an RPG more RPGish
Oh no!
>>
Friendship is now a stat
>can be visible
>can be proved by known means
>can't be improved by evs
>the higher the stat, more secondary effects/crits will land
>up to 10% added
>when maxed, pokemon have different battle animations and reduces the chances of missing moves (up to 10%), also can prevent flinching and reduce recoil dmg, but as a bad effect, defeats reduce friendship by 15%
>when min, pokemon may not attack, but some attacks have a chance of dealing extra dmg
>traded pokemon only gain half the amount of friendship
>>
>>33028103
Would be a good way to make Stall less relevant.
>>
I am also team Luck.

I might also suggest Intelligence and Resilience. Mental vs Physical Resistance.

The higher intelligence the less likely the pokemon is to be afflicted by psychological statuses like confusion/sleep/flinch/infatuation.

Whereas, higher resilience decreases the likeliness that the pokemon is afflicted by physical statuses like burn, poison, paralysis, and freeze.

Sidenote: Let's not add evasion/accuracy for fuck sake! That would make the games miserable. Though, honestly any stat amendments would be fairly irritating at this point in the franchise.
>>
Instinct
The greater the stat, the bigger chance the pokemon will use a better move on a switching target "in the last second" , rather than your command
Example: Tapu koko vs Peliper, tapu is commanded to use t.bolt. enemy switches to Swampert, Koko has grass knot in his moveset, instinct hits the odds and it uses grass knot on him instead.

It can be pretty interesting imo. Crit boosting stat is also an option but I tried thinking creatively
>>
>>33026188
An autism attack by the namefag, what else is new?
>>
>>33025506
Sp. Speed
>>
i want >>33025538 but it's called >>33025530

or like >>33025716 for anti-hax
>>
>>33028535
You're a fucking faggot
>>
>>33028535
I want you to grow up and leave.
>>
Speed 2.

In the event of a Speed tie, Speed 2 is used to determine who moves first.
>>
>>33028396
Switching is part of what makes Pokémon interesting, since you have to make decisions trying to figure out what your opponent is up to.

This would work better as an Ability, not as a stat.
>>
>>33028603

What if Switching was a stat, and represented the number of times you can switch a Pokémon out per battle?
>>
>>33028596
>but then their speed 2 is equal
>so we need speed 3
>and then speed 4
>and so on
>>
>>33025661
Serene Grace could be re-tooled as Huge Power but for Luck.
>>
>>33028396
I don't like this. It can situationally screw you over in case you didm't want to kill a pokemon on a switch.
>tell tapu koko to use u-turn
>enemy switches to pelliper
>thunderbolts instead
>enemy sends out dugtrio
>tapu koko is now trapped and fucked
Or
>choice scarf chomp presses EQ and kills everything
>instead uses outrage when the enemy switches into their garchomp
>lose to magearna when you would have easily ko'd
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.