[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I keep getting directions on the minimap to where I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: 1476958164pokemonmoon.jpg (72KB, 765x407px) Image search: [Google]
1476958164pokemonmoon.jpg
72KB, 765x407px
Why do I keep getting directions on the minimap to where I'm supposed to be going? Why are the maps so simple and bland? Why can't I explore? Why are there so many cutscenes? Why do people keep giving me random items all the time? Why did I get an EXP share so early? What the fuck even is the festival Plaza? Who the FUCK decided reversing the day-night cycle was a good idea?

I just arrived at the second island. When does the game start?
>>
The game only gets worse for there.

2nd island is a shit fest
>>
>>33024891
>Why do people keep giving me random items all the time?
Because it's a Pokémon game?
>Why did I get an EXP share so early?
Because it's a post gen 6 Pokémon game?
>>
When you buy ultra moon.

Goy.
>>
>>33024891
Actualy I LOVED reversed time.
ANd there are few places you can explore, but compared to B/W it's like nothing indeed.
>>
>so if you stop playing for a few months you'll know where to go
>bad design
>you can explore the exploration is just shit
>because GF has been trying to push bigger stories in a misguided attempt at appealing to older players since Gen 5
>have you never played this series before
>a shitty multiplayer hub
>playing Moon
>>
>>33024891
If you don't like cutscenes and linear gameplay, you probably shouldn't be playing JRPG's in the first place
>>
>>33024906
Sun and Moon showers you with items way more than any Pokémon game ever has. You can literally play SM without ever buying a single item yourself.
>>
>>33024926
oh and on EXP Share because if you're a shitter who needs it you're better off with it from the start
>>
>>33024930
There are grades to this stuff old games were not as streamlined
>>
Why do you guys even play? You're not being held at gunpoint. All the games have that 'you can't explore until you basically beat the game'.
Don't look at the map, unless you have uncontrollable retard eyes.
TURN. OFF. EXP POINT. SHARE.
Either sell, or discard gifted items, and either find or buy them yourself.

Jesus, just get creative and stop bitching.
>>
>>33024966
This is why game freak keeps making shit games. Consumers like you. Who blame users who buy the game to work around game freak incompetence
>>
>>33024977
They don't even listen to fans, anyways. They even confirmed that at one point in an interview. So, stop holding your breath in hopes of the perfect mainline game. And if you don't want to support them with money, just do what everyone else did on here and download them. No excuses for you to be a whiny cunt.
>>
>>33024966
>and stop bitching.

I mostly agreed with you until this point
No, fuck you, people have the right to complain if they dont like something
>>
>>33025006
I'm not expecting a perfect mainline Pokemon game

A decent one is more than enough. Sun and moon are garbage
>>
>>33024966
He was disappointed that the game sucks and is nowhere near as what it should have looked like.

The SM is a chore to play and everyone can share their opinions about it, since, you know /vp/ is one of those places. You just got triggered for no reason.
>>
>>33025040
I see these threads every single day. Unless he's new here (which I doubt), he could have shared his opinion between November of last year up until now.

It's just really annoying, since everyone has already talked about this numerous times.

>>33025013
Here's to seeing if USUM is an improvement.

>>33025012
I'm angry. Sorry.
>>
>>33024966
>DUDE JUST BALANCE THE GAME YOURSELF AND STOP COMPLAINING LMAO

How does it feel to have Game Freak's cock in your mouth all the time?

>>33024930
I don't understand this post. Previous Pokemon games were JRPGs. There is no rule saying that JRPGs must have a bunch of shitty cutscenes forced down the player's throat.
>>
>>33024891

Just don't use it, you autist.
>>
>>33024891
>Why do I keep getting directions on the minimap to where I'm supposed to be going?
Sun and Moon are bad games.
>Why are the maps so simple and bland?
>Why can't I explore?
>Why are there so many cutscenes?
Sun and Moon are REALLY bad games.
>What the fuck even is the festival Plaza?
Ohmori basically stripping naked and teasing his nipples while forcing you to fellate him as he regales you with tales about how much he enjoys fucking over dedicated fans by cuckolding them from having good features and mechanics (Join Avenue/PSS) to having to slog through his oeuvre de merde known as Festival Plaza.
>Who the FUCK decided reversing the day-night cycle was a good idea?
I actually kinda likes this
>I just arrived at the second island. When does the game start?
Sun and Moon aren't games, they're a playable Lillie fanfiction using the pokemon franchise for its vehicle of expression. You haven't seen anything yet, think what you're going through now is shit? Just wait for the makeshift cactus dildo Gamefreak will fuck you with once you beat the game.
>>
>>33025175
>Just wait for the makeshift cactus dildo Gamefreak will fuck you with once you beat the game
Are you talking about the 1 hour long cutscene after you beat Kukui?
>>
>>33025195
W-what?
>>
>>33025252
I'm guessing you haven't beaten the game yet
>>
>>33024891
>Why do I keep getting directions on the minimap to where I'm supposed to be going?
So that you don't need to remember what were you supposed to be going if you leave the game be for a while. Many games do this

>Why are the maps so simple and bland?
They're quite empty and not much to see or do. USUM seems it will kinda-maybe fix this

>Why can't I explore?
You can explore, just don't go to were the map points you to go and then backtrack when new roads open.

>Why are there so many cutscenes?
Those are in-game events: not cutscenes.
Also, it's an RPG,that's how it's supposed to be, simply we're not used to them on a pokémon game because they never really focused much on storytelling before

It's a pokémon game?

> Why did I get an EXP share so early?
Post gen 6, just turn it off.

>What the fuck even is the festival Plaza?
A weird ass shit that makes online connectivity more difficult than it should be

>Who the FUCK decided reversing the day-night cycle was a good idea?
it's a cool detail for the games, desu. All to innmerse in the day vs night theme
>>
>>33026601
>Also, it's an RPG,that's how it's supposed to be
Oh fuck off.
>>
>>33026601
> desu

wait wtf when and why did I write that
>>
>>33026612
I pressume you don't play many JRPGs right?
>>
>>33026623
Just because Pokemon is a fucking JRPG doesn't mean that it has to adhere to the norm nor does it mean that doing so benefits it inherently. Fuck off with your autistic ruleset. Pokemon was better off without a narrative.
>>
>>33026623
The earliest JRPGs favored giving the player a good gameplay experience rather than showering them with story every 5 minutes. Some of them were heavily based on exploration.

I presume Pokemon and Final Fantasy are the only JRPGs you know about.
>>
>>33026618
>he doesn't know about the wordfilter
sure it's summer after all.
>>
>>33026657
I've been around for a while but not quite active, so yeah, there's things I still don't know about
>>
>>33026683
you've used t.b.h?
>>
>>33026623
You should probably play more of them yourself
>>
>>33026644
This is not "early JRPGs" anymore, story plays a huge role nowadays.

I play mostly JRPGs, and while I don't mind cutscenes, because that and lore is what I come searching for, I understand too many can be annoying.
There's always a balance to consider, and SM does not have all that many 'cutscenes' as people keep saying

>>33026632
It would benefit the series if GF actually started caring about making interesting stories and dropped the 'move to a region-beat the baddies in a ridicule way- win the league' formula or at least stopped making it as dumb as posible as if children would not understand anything slightly complex

Also, isn't BW / BW2 so loved BECAUSE it has a "great story"?
>>
>>33026702
yeah, why can't you use that? Now I'm curious
>>
>>33026740
>It would benefit the series if GF actually started caring about making interesting stories and dropped the 'move to a region-beat the baddies in a ridicule way- win the league' formula or at least stopped making it as dumb as posible as if children would not understand anything slightly complex
No, it wouldn't benefit the series even if the writing was actually good. Narrative has NO PLACE in Pokemon regardless of how good it is.

BW2 is loved because of fantastic postgame content.
>>
>>33026745
I have no idea, and im not a newfag that just came from leddit 10 minutes ago, i've been lurking for well over 4 months and i still suck.
>>
>>33026762
well I've been around around a year now and I'm in the same place so
>>
>>33024891
>Why can't I explore
People keep complaining about this because mini map, but there's loads of side/ backtrack stuff thats not highlighted at all.

If you want to explore, it's got WAY more than gen VI. It's just not on the main route.
>>
>>33024940
You can do that with every Pokemon game.
>>
>>33026754
>Narrative has NO PLACE in Pokemon regardless of how good it is.

k go back to your endless breeding then, I'll enjoy the story on your behalf
>>
File: maps.jpg (564KB, 1518x1104px) Image search: [Google]
maps.jpg
564KB, 1518x1104px
>>33026838
I'd rather go back to my dungeons but they were replaced by all the asinine dialogue.
>>
>>33026754
I mean, that and the theming. People just don't know the difference between theming and plot.

Replaying White right now. The plots the same as every pokemon game. SO much of the game works to re-enforce theming though
>>
>>33025012
Not when they're bitching about options they don't.

If you don't like it you don't have to avail yourself of it. They've given you the choice, just as they should.

Far too many games don't these days and Pokémon is often one of the worst offenders as is.

No need to make it worse which is what such complaining will do.
>>
>>33026854
>""""dungeons""""
Sure thing buddy, maybe it felt like that when you were a kid .
I prefer my "asinine" dialogues desu
>>
>>33026797
I was about to mention that too, you can pretty much beat any pokemon game without spending a single pokedollar, pokeballs, healing items, misc items, berries, TMs, key items, $10000000000 bicycle's, everything has been free since the beggining of time, pretty much the only thing I ever buy are ultraballs for legendaries and thats quite optional
>>
>>33026754
This. The autists wanting more Beyblade-tier plots in Pokemon can fuck right off.

Pokemon games would be much better if they put more emphasis on adventuring and exploring to catch your Pokemon with challenges scattered about rather than railroading you with a shitty plot containing characters with no more depth than a piece of paper.
The games at their core are about going on adventure to catch Pokemon and to become to the best trainer, why the fuck is GF so hell-bent on adding plot to these games when they can't even write worth a damn?
>>
>>33026856
the storyfag here, I know I was the one to tell about BW/BW2, but the thing is the "good plot" an argument not even I understand, because, just as you said

> The plots the same as every pokemon game

SM fall under this too, but try to bring in the cinematic aspects they tested out in ORAS and feels like they're kinda- trying to bring actual plot to pokémon?
They don't know how to do it just yet though.

The pokémon world has so much potential to bring a game that balances on story/lore, good gameplay and competitive side. It saddens me that they're trying to expand (or at least I feel they are) and people just complain instead of allowing the series to evolve
>>
>>33026930
Well no shit if you beggining the whole game.
>>
>>33026740
The problem isn't the story, the problem is that the story is shoved down your throat (and isn't really amazing in all honesty). People have never really played Pokemon for the story and it's never been the main draw of the games to begin with.

However, a lot of dialogue in SM isn't even related to the story. Most of it is just "hey how are you? how about you go here, also this is cool!" or something similar. Lots of unnecessary fluff. That could be made a lot shorter so people get back to playing the game.
>>
>>33026989
> the story is shoved down your throat
> a lot of dialogue in SM isn't even related to the story.

that I agree with, as I said on my last post, SM it's still the same basic plot, but sprinkled trying to make it more appealing

yet, despite
> it's never been the main draw of the games to begin with.

this statement
> People have never really played Pokemon for the story
cannot apply to everyone. I, for instance, play for exploration, lore hunting and see how the plot evolves over the years. I don't even enjoy competitive at all

The problem here is plot here never really evoles- the 'theming' as >>33026856 said it's what changes
>>
>>33027040
You're playing the wrong games if you want plot and lore. You should really fix that mindset of yours or at least go back to tumblr where it's welcomed.
>>
>>33026854
One of the things that pissed me off about SM is the fact that it had no dungeons. Caves had only 1 floor and a small room, the forest is incredibly small by Pokemon standards, and the mountains were barely mountains.
>>
>>33027054
Pokémon has a lot of lore if you know how to hunt it down, and I enjoy playing them in a more casual way. It's ok to play games differently.

And this is not the only games I play so, I don't need to "fix my mindset".
Pokémon is as special of a franchise to me as to any other one that grew up with it, no matter how I play it.
>>
>>33024977
THIS
>>
>>33027099
you say that like if there were not a lot of speculation, headcanon, oc and "autism" lore-based thread almost every week.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go on with my stuff. But really there's nothing wrong on enjoying games in different ways, neither pokémon nor any other. I don't know why most of /vp/ can't understand such a simple thing
>>
>>33025116
Jeeze, I didn't say balance, retard. Just make things different, like nuzlocks and shit.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.