[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow. So I played through Pokemon Moon recently and having not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: sumo.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sumo.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
Wow. So I played through Pokemon Moon recently and having not played any pokemon games last since gen 3, I have to say I'm disappointed with how pathetically easy this game was. Is XY this easy too? It was almost not even fun.
>>
>>33023158
>Is XY this easy too?

It's even easier.
>>
>>33023158
>It was almost not even fun.
>almost
>>
>>33023158
XY are the easiest games in the series.
>>
>>33023158
Try BW1, it's pretty good and offers a decent challenge, at least better than XY and SM. BW1 is notoriously difficult for Nuzlockes by the way.

If you like BW1 try BW2, but don't go from BW2 to BW1. It feels natural and expansive the first way but the second way makes it feel like a prequel that's just talking about the original way too much, and it will get boring.
>>
>>33023158
Sure thing OP.
>>
>exp share on
>>
>>33023158

If you turn off the exp share and play the games how you used to play by using and training up all our pokemon instead of leaving the one first in your party there forever and wrecking the whole game with him while all the others level up too, then its pretty fun.

If not then yeah it easy shit.
>>
>>33023158
>haven't played since gen 3
So how old were you? Games are obviously going to seem harder when you're a kid

SM's difficulty is on par with most games. I found a few of the totem battles to be a good challenge. Team Skull battles get really boring towards the end, but difficulty gets a noticeable bump up on island 4.
>>
>turn Battle Style to Set
>the game now is hard
>>
>>33023158
If you think SM is easy, don't even look at XY's general direction.
>>
>>33023267
What's further strange is that gens 1 and 2 are also some of the easiest, only XY is really easier.
>>
>SM was easy
Can you post your team?
I'm just curious.
>>
>>33023269
even with set it was pretty easy desu
>>
>>33023158
>I'm disappointed with how pathetically easy this game was.
It's not harder than anything before it. What's different is the amount of QoL stuff that has entered games since Gen 3.
>>
>>33023269
This so much

The people that complain about "muh difficulty modes" are the same people that like to get asked "X is sending out Y, do you want to get a free switch to always have a good matchup?"

The game legit becomes 10x harder just because you don't always have the advantage anymore
>>
>>33023158
SM isn't that easy, is more challenging than The Witcher 3
>>
>>33023162
>>33023204
>>33023267
I genuinely don't see how people seem to have the idea that Sun and Moon aren't the easiest games in the series. The single part of the game where Sun and Moon are harder than X/Y is the Elite 4, and that's only because X/Y's elite 4 only had a pitiful 4 pokemon per member. That being said, Diantha had a more difficult team than Kukui; she has Mega Gardevoir, alongisde a pretty decent team, whereas Kukui's team is pretty basic.
>>33023269
>>33023742
>Being so bad at Pokemon that you think the game is hard if you aren't given a free get-out-of-jail card every time a new pokemon comes out
Nobody who's concerned with difficulty would ever have it on Shift, but you act like having it on Set suddenly makes all of the issues that make Pokemon too easy disappear. Even if the opponent sends out a pokemon your current pokemon is weak to (which is rare, since the majority of important battles just use one typing), tanking one hit isn't going to be the end of the world, Even if you don't have a pokemon that resists the incoming move, you're rarely gonna be so stressed to save HP that you'll have to count every hit. The AI just isn't smart enough to take advantage of that.
>>
>>33023784
>that Sun and Moon aren't the easiest games in the series.
Because HGSS and XY exist.

>and that's only because X/Y's elite 4 only had a pitiful 4 pokemon per member.
So that means BW is even easier. Got it.
>>
File: chris can't even.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
chris can't even.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>33023158
>wow, I'm 25 years old and this game for 8 year olds is WAAAAAAAAY to easy
>>
>>33023158
Turn off EXP share, set battle style to set and don't fight wild Pokemon without intention to catch. Boom. Hardest Pokemon game. still easy, because it's pokemon, but whatever
>>
>Turn off EXP Share
Why do people think grinding is difficult? The EXP Share barely keeps you within 5-10 levels of the next benchmark with a full team. You shouldn't be doing autistic things like fighting every single shitmon you run into in the grass. I'd rather not have to do that for 20 minutes before every Gym and call it "difficult".
>>
>>33023158
>hardest games we had in a while
>pathetically easy
Either you're just the same old shitposting autist trying to shit on S/M yet again, or you're literally retarded and didn't turn off EXP share and likely over leveled your Pokemon. It's not the games fault, it's the player. Unless you think every single rpg is easy because you can over level and beat the game no problem?
>>
No dude pokemon is really difficult, you must be a genius
>>
>>33023158
show tits pokebarneyfag
>>
I thought some of the Totems were hard

And there seems to be a noticeable difficulty spike after Ula'Ula.
>>
>>33023784
>I genuinely don't see how people seem to have the idea that Sun and Moon aren't the easiest games in the series. The single part of the game where Sun and Moon are harder than X/Y is the Elite 4, and that's only because X/Y's elite 4 only had a pitiful 4 pokemon per member.
I agree that Sun and Moon aren't all that difficult but compared to XY they sure as hell are. XY does absolutely everything in its power to make sure that you never have to struggle with anything. Totem Raticate alone gave me more of a fight than anything in those games.
>That being said, Diantha had a more difficult team than Kukui; she has Mega Gardevoir, alongisde a pretty decent team, whereas Kukui's team is pretty basic.
Diantha's team is complete shit, mate, I don't know what you're on about.
>>
XY is even easier. The entire series is piss easy though, you're just not a retarded child anymore.
>>
Sun and moon was defintely a lot harder than x and y which was piss easy. Sun and moon are absolutely phenomenal games but they just hvrs the same problem as x and y that being the game is too fucking short and can be beaten in less than a day. Besides the new Pokémon roster, mega evolutions, and the competitive battling scene, X and y overall sucked real bad.
>>
>all these retard posts saying to turn off exp share

The game isn't difficult if you have to shoot yourself in the foot to make it difficult.

>DUDE JUST PLAY THIS DORA THE EXPLORER GAME WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED AND IT'S HARD

If I played with exp share in previous games and they were balanced it should be the same here.
>>
>>33023329
>gen 1 and 2 easy
Sure, but I'd love to see a SunMoon / XY kid attempt to play through them the same way they played through those games.
"omg what?, the game isn't telling me what move is super effective? I have to figure it out?".
"oh man I actually have to grind sometimes?".
"I just wiped out on Koga for the fourth time..."
"wow, exp.all is garbage. and I don't even get it until 3/4ths of the game is over"
>>
>>33023162
Was it? I don't remember it being challenging so much but I do remember feeling appropriately challenged for a kids game. Meanwhile S/M was just push button win the whole time.
>>
>>33024847
>that being the game is too fucking short and can be beaten in less than a day.
Every single Pokemon game is like that. I beat Gold in a day in a language i didn't even speak.
>>
>>33025149
>i played with a team-wide EXP share in any game but gen I and VI
Nice bait.

>pressing a button is "shooting yourself in the foot"
Nice bigger bait.
>>
>>33025340
I agree it's kind of silly, but you have to remember there were less types and WAY less combinations of types in gen 1 than now.
>>
>>33023158
>caring about the story when competitive battling and breeding is what matters
>>
>>33025340
Your "love" was already proven wrong when RBY VC came out and the "XY kids" beat them with no effort.
>>
>>33023158
XY is relatively easy, but more fun. ORAS is a little more hard.
>>
>>33023784
Diantha's entire team can be swept by Aegislash since her first Pokémon has no way of touching it.
>>
File: I came here to gain knowledge.jpg (189KB, 762x488px) Image search: [Google]
I came here to gain knowledge.jpg
189KB, 762x488px
>>33025532
Not to mention we went from 151 pokemon to... I don't even know... 800+ pokemon?

I'm just not autistic enough to remember that many typings.
But being shown the effectiveness of moves is in my opinion not what makes the game easy.
That's just quality of life.
You still need to make a diverse team and not give your Charizard four fire moves.
>>
>>33024630
>totem raticate
>hard
Did you forget that they give you a Machop and the Brick Break TM right before you fight it?
>>
>>33023204
I don't see it.

ORAS has pretty much every feature that XY have, but with more content and better story.
>>
>>33024847
>Sun and moon are absolutely phenomenal games
How so?
I found difficulty to be the same as X/Y(no exp share before you start), cutscenes every ten minutes to be rather offputting, the game was somehow more linear than Unova, and honestly they really cut down on the exploration to force a "story" I found be rather bland.

I mean I can say they have the same problems as X/Y, yes, but I could never say they were better. At least X/Y had a national dex, but I wiped Kukui with a fuggin Electivire.
>>
>>33023162
No it wasn't. It was pretty on par with the challenge so long as you kept that exp share off.
SM was easy even if you had a pure magicarp team
>>
>>33028857
anon, what does that have to do with it?
>>
>>33028857
Well, there is no customization. They also forced competitive players to reuse the Battle Maison for another two years after competitive players finished it in XY... That was a dark two years for Pokemon...
>>
>>33023158
Yeah. Gamefreak forgot the balance the game with the heavily expanded movepools that Pokemon have compared to Gen 3 where many mons wouldn't even learn a stab move in their level up so you have loads more options and the AI doesn't abuse that fact unless it's the E4 and very select trainers.. Also the AI is weird. Like Lusamine's 2nd battle for some reason has a low AI when you look at the data battles, like they thought the +1 boost to one stat would balance that factor, but it doesn. It just made her battle, kinda sad.

XY in ways are easier because the exp share makes you vastly overleveled if you leave it on, but if you don't it leaves you vastly underleveled. Also, all of XY's hardest trainers are purely optional.
>>
>>33023269
thats wrong tho. Not having a free switch in doesn't make the game hard as SM's AI is still pretty poor.
>>
So reading this thread...am I the only one that has always (throughout all gens) battled every single trainer, and >80% of all encounters?
>>
>>33024375
>SM is slightly more challenging than XY and ORS (which were "not even having to pay attention easy btw) somehow means the games are really hard now!
Wrong, once again. IF the game can't keep a good balance and you have to arbitarilary limit yourself to get a challenge, it means the games are easy. The game gives you the EXP share near the beginning and automatically turns it on for you.
>>
>>33023778
oww the edge
>>
>>33029597
>and automatically turns it on for you
So basically you're autistic and lack any and all self control and couldn't bring yourself to turn it off?

All JRPG's are dead easy.
>>
>>33023269
This used to be viable, but not when the 1 trainer, 1 pokemon policy is strictly enforced
>>
File: IMG_1689.jpg (136KB, 640x914px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1689.jpg
136KB, 640x914px
>>33032793
>All JRPG's are dead easy.
Say it to my face and not online.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.