[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post useless trivia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_6642.png (2MB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6642.png
2MB, 850x1200px
Ho-oh's and Lugia's stats use all the same numbers as Mewtwo, only rearranged.
>>
Zangoose can be taught Thunder Wave through the Gen 3 Move Tutors but not anymore through the Thunder Wave TM
>>
Electivire became a physical attacker to show off the physical/special split
>>
Phanpy has the same HP as Donphan.
>>
Kahili uses 4 Bird pokemons and a Bat
>>
The monitors inside the gates in Unova inform the player of any Pokémon swarms that are occurring after the player enters the Hall of Fame. Occasionally in Black and White (but not B2W2), the monitors will not display the current swarm during winter; this occurs when Croagunk is selected as the day's swarming Pokémon. Croagunk swarms usually appear on Route 8, but since the puddles on Route 8 freeze over during winter and prevent the player from encountering wild Pokémon, it becomes impossible to catch a Croagunk on such days, and so the monitors do not display any swarms until the next day.
>>
File: Bellossom.png (10KB, 1284x56px) Image search: [Google]
Bellossom.png
10KB, 1284x56px
>>
>>33023808
This reminds me that aggron is the only pokemon to lose a type when mega evolving.
>>
>>33023808
>>33023827

you can look at this as their secondary type changing to the same type as their primary type

IIRC in the game data, every pokemon has 2 type slots, and whenever they're single types, their second type slot is identical to the first rather than some null/default type.

kinda makes me wish the game mechanics would show that off somehow.. maybe have single types have higher STAB for their type?
>>
Charizard, Typhlosion, and their respective evolutionary lines have exactly the same base stats.
>>
File: 20170318_133748.jpg (3MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_133748.jpg
3MB, 4160x2336px
Charjabug is the only Electric pokemon in the entire game that can evolve and have the paralysis status effect. This is because Grubbin is pure Bug type so you can paralyze it right before it evolves, making Charjabug the only Electric type that can be paralyzed ever since the mechanic change in Gen 6. This is unique to the Grubbin line since it's also the only pokemon that evolves and gains the Electric type.

You could also do a similar thing with Pom pom Oricorio, but that's just a form change.
>>
Eevee->Jolteon
>>
>>33023962
>>33023980

Basically this plus you can soak and then status any non fully evolved electric mon
>>
File: 1499997369965.jpg (42KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499997369965.jpg
42KB, 400x300px
>>33023980
>>
>>33023980
*and that's not part of a branched evolution line

And yes >>33024019 is still me, but I forgot to add the text.
>>
>>33024025
>>33024013
>>
>>33023935

meanwhile Meganium/Venusaur merely have their Def/Sp.Atk swapped.

They tried a little bit harder with Blastoise/Feraligatr, by swapping HP/Sp.Atk, and swapping Atk/Sp.Def.

for all later generation they finally thought "huh, maybe we should actually give each starter unique stats"
>>
File: Poison Type.png (7KB, 963x83px) Image search: [Google]
Poison Type.png
7KB, 963x83px
>>
>>33024181
As a Fighting-type fan, that's something that bothers me about the amount of new Pokémon in the 3DS games, there's almost no variety.
>>
>>33021316
Mylene is the only gym leader not to use potions because shes poor
>>
>>33024285
Maylene is also the only Gym Leader at Platinum's Battleground to have their strongest Pokemon not hold a Sitrus Berry
>>
>>33024419
>>33024285
Maylenes father is a gambling addict, hence Maylenes money problems
>>
>>33022021
Zangoose can not learn Cut
>>
>>33021316
Since the Dewpider and Surskit lines could be considered counterparts to each other, they are the only counterparts that are not from the same gen.
>>
>>33025005
>Miltank and Tauros
>Pinsir and Heracross
>Feebas and Magikarp
>>
>>33025110
I admit, I didn't really think that one through and just typed the first thing to came to mind.
>>
If you want to complete the Dex in gen III, it's required to have LeafGreen as that's the only game in which a member of the Slowpoke-line can be caught, including the Orre games.
>>
>>33025194
lol, still cool though. Didn't know they were counterparts and I just realised that'll be the reason Masquerain got such a stat buff this gen too.
>>
File: zaptales.png (2KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
zaptales.png
2KB, 240x240px
The most possible weaknesses a Pokemon can have is 10. You can reach this by applying Forest's Curse to Kyurem. Fortunately, it would then also have 3 4x resists to Grass, Water and Electric.
>>
File: 1448346294967.png (4MB, 2016x1608px) Image search: [Google]
1448346294967.png
4MB, 2016x1608px
>>33021316
In black/white 2 theres a girl in the ghost tower than after defeat will walk back to the pokemon centre.
her pokemon is a litwick, the reason she must leave is ebcause the litwick is theorized to be eating her soul based on the dialogue
>>
Cynthia in the Distortion World has different dialogue for how you end the Giratina battle, including if you choose to run away from Giratina
>>
>>33025961
Same thing happens with Lillie after you fight Tapu Koko, she even has dialogue for if you manage to lose to it (which is really quite hard to do even if you're trying)
>>
>>33026198
I didn't lose, I chose to kill it since I was completely unprepared for it happening. Lillie basically says that Tapu Koko looks like it enjoyed your battle and you were a worthy opponent, or words to that effect.
>>
Deliciously autistic thread

Continue, for Arceus' sake
>>
>>33026559

This post is more autistic than anything else in the thread.
>>
If the Odd Egg you get in Crystal is not a shiny, which it has a 16% chance or so of being shiny, its DV's will be 0/0/0/0/0
>>
>>33021316
In the amity square of platinum. using toterra will lead to torterras side sprite being flipped meaning the tree is on the wrong side
>>
>>33023962
Adding on this. Dustox is also the only poison type who can get poisoned without soak and the like using the same method
>>
Steel types could be poisoned in Gen 2 via Twinneedle.
>>
>>33021316
Numel changes all three abilities upon evolution, and loses all three new abilities for another new one upon mega evolution, giving the Numel line 7 different abilities.
>>
>>33026860
There's a cuckoldry joke to be made here somewhere.
>>
>>33022021

Same as Quilfish and Swords Dance. It's recommended for it competitive build but can't learn it via TM, only via tutor in FR/Lg. Had to breed it in Firered, import it all the way up to Sun, and blow a gold cap on it.
>>
Alolan Marowak is the only Pokémon to not share a type with its previous evolutionary stage.
>>
>>33026198

What does she say?
>>
>>33026915
Except eevee, one assumes.
>>
>>33026934
"The great Tapu Koko... It really is fantastically strong, isn't it! No wonder it is the guardian of all Akala!"
Not a typo, she actually got the island's name wrong. I really hope that was just the translation team fucking up.
>>
>>33026938
Sorry, meant to add dual type Pokémon.
>>
Bump -- raid
>>
>>33026905
Just use PKHex
>>
The base stats of the Ultra Beasts, Necrozma, and the Cosmog line are all prime numbers. This is also true of the levels at which they learn moves.
>>
>>33023869
I don't like the idea of having a single-type mon evolving into a dual-type and having a weaker STAB. Like, for example, a Fire-type Pokémon evolves into a Fire/Ground-type and there's no difference between their base SpAtk for whatever reason. Now baby mon is stronger than evolved mon. Strange, right?

I think they should just add double typed mons. It will give us a bunch of "new" type combos to work with and be interesting if any of them are good. Like, they'd all have x4 weaknesses and 1/4 resistances. Might be neat. Give THOSE guys double STAB and I don't even mind desu.
>>
>Other than Arceus and Silvally, no Electric type can learn Swords Dance
>Gen 6 introduced the fewest Electric type pokemon of any gen, with 3. Despite this, it also introduced the highest amount of Electric type moves, with 7.
>>
>>33027778
By "double typed", you mean shit like Normal/Normal?
>>
>>33024269
Agreed. I love Poison and Dark and... wait... where are they, exactly? We had, what, Salandit line and Nihilego for Poison and baracat, Guzzlord, and some Alola forms for Dark. It's just unfulfilling, man.
>>
>>33027799
Yeah, exactly. I don't think it would hurt anything. Just make them elementals or something and go from there.
>>
>>33026905
just inject lol
>>
>>33027800
Poison also got Mareanie line and Alolan Grimer line. Also it got its first legendary. Actually a pretty good gen for Poison.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.