[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could it ever come back? How would you make it better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: PWT.png (110KB, 290x218px) Image search: [Google]
PWT.png
110KB, 290x218px
Could it ever come back? How would you make it better?
>>
>>33020314
>could it ever come back
not with current game freak
>how would you make it better
add the elite four
>>
>>33020314
World champion ribbon.
>>
>>33020326

A return of the national and legendary ribbon.
>>
>>33020314
Online PvP
>>
>>33020336

You mean co-op? PvP would just be fighting another player teaming up with an NPC.
>>
>>33020314
>Could it ever come back?
Nope.

>How would you make it better?
Remove Cynthia.
>>
Gonna be honest. I didn't use PWT much, but I really do appreciate that it's there. Just the novelty of being able to fight against past leaders and champions is cool as hell. If it came back they should combine it with the battle tree so you can then team up with them too.
>>
>>33020314
>Could it ever come back?
On 3DS? Maybe, since BW2 used one of the largest DS carts and no game has yet to use the full capacity of a 3DS cart. It's possible but I won't hold my breath.

Switch is arguably the better bet, but only if the ROM size would allow it. Creatures and whichever party models trainers will probably need some extra help from whichever of Nintendo's divisions is willing enough.

>How would you make it better?
Skill, not RNG.

Fated/Rival encounters would be interesting. The option to watch two trainers not you exchanging dialogue with the option to watch their match pan out.
>>
>>33020913
>On 3DS? Maybe, since BW2 used one of the largest DS carts and no game has yet to use the full capacity of a 3DS cart. It's possible but I won't hold my breath.

I wish that was the case but since GF decided to stop the promotion right after USUM reveal i doubt there's much new stuff
>>
>>33020913
>Skill, not RNG.
In what way?
>>
>>33020323
>leave the rest of region with no protection
>>
>>33020314
Add E4 and Frontier Brains (including Anabel in her SM design)

Add other NPCs like Colress, Guzma, Silver, N, Barry, Eusine (with an Entei and Raikou on his team, but no Suicune), Hugh, Wally, Maxie, Archie, AZ, Post-Kanto Lillie, Gladion, and Post-Coma Lusamine.

but it'll never happen
>>
>>33020314
>How would you make it better
Make it actually meaningful instead of useless nostalgia pandering non-content.

BW2 was not very good.
>>
With Masuda's current bad excuse of a reason for not bringing back frontier..lolno it won't. But if someone else starts calling the shots about those facilities, sure.
Add more tourny modes and pokemon variety to each key character it to make it better
>>
>>33023142
it's fine PWT is non canon anyway :^)
>>
>>33023995
What's the excuse?
>>
>>33023142
Like gym leaders and the elite four don't do anything besides just standing there.
>>
>>33024176
That people that play it are a super minority. I mean, he's right, but still.
>>
>>33024206
>what is bw
>who is lance
>who is flint
>who is steven
>who is wallace
>who is malva
>>
So was PWT actually hard? I never played BW2 but it seemed like a joke compared to the battle frontier.
>>
>>33025950
It's a fun mode.

Instead of an RNG climb vs quick claw sheer cold and double team bullshit till you defeat 20 and 69 trainers to get to the superboss you go and fight 4 superbosses and get rewarded immediately.

PWT was amazing for that, take what made the dome Fun and then add a set of characters to it for the funsies.
>>
>>33025950
>but it seemed like a joke compared to the battle frontier.
It pales in comparison to the Gen 3 one but it's essentially the Gen 4 frontier in one building without the RNG nature of it.
>>
>>33025950
It is, but I think it's more fun. Mix Mode, you pick one Pokémon from the opponent and he picks one of yours, makes it great.
And it's nice to see the old faces back again.
>>
>>33025950

That's what made it fun. You only had to win 3 battles in a row to make overall progress as opposed to getting fucked over at battle 40 and having to start again.

That and a lack of showderp builds.
>>
File: 0.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
I can actually see the PWT coming back this time, It makes the most sense for this game since Sun and Moon are anniversary celebrations, "It all comes together" and all that,

Keep it the same as it was in BW2 but this time,
Hype it up throughout the game itself.
Like have random NPCs talk about how theres a huge tournament coming soon, have more returning characters show up walking around Alola and have them mention that they're there for the tournament, maybe incorporate into the story itself like Alola is the site of the next World Tournament, So Kukui wants to establish the League because of that,

Basically treat it like a Shonen
>>
>>33026303
Just give some famous trainers some walk-ons elsewhere. Like Candice doing some shopping in Konikoni or Brawly surfing around the Hanoi Grand Resort
>>
The PWT could be like an initiation ceremony to see how newly established leagues stack up with the rest of the world. Kind of like a "test" for the Captains to earn their honorary 8 badges.

Even Alola's E4 are allowed to participate since it's their home region and some kind of excuse about testing the Tapu's judgment compared to League standards is the kind of shit that'd Kukui go for.
>>
>>33026435
There's no shortage of stuff they can do

>Crasher Wake competes with Masked Royal in Battle Royale Dome
>Brock in new Jurassic Park area
>Phobe at hula festival
>Chuck challenging Hala to Alolan Sumo match
>Olympia plays a role in the deepestlore plot
>Cheren teaches a class in the Pokemon school
>>
>>33026882
Olympia studying the Temples sounds about right.

I'd also accept Grant trying to climb Mount Lanakila bare hannded, Valerie feeling nostalgic in the tea garden, Burgh attempting a still life of a Wimpod or Gardenia taking a nap in the Jade Jungle.
>>
>>33026923
I can see Cynthia and Steven taking part too,

Cynthia's probably a guarantee since she's already in Sun and Moon but one of only ones who dont appear outside the Tree, maybe her and Wally's role were just cut for time
>>
>>33026303
>It all comes together
seriously, what did they mean by this?
>>
>>33027210
Whatever you want it to mean
It's an anniversary celebration game, and USUM will be the what they want from that, but without being rushed for time, so they can actually flesh out all they had for it
>>
>>33023182
>BW2 was not very good
That's funny anon, you a comedian?
>>
File: 51115217_p5.jpg (312KB, 1377x1870px) Image search: [Google]
51115217_p5.jpg
312KB, 1377x1870px
Even better if the Hoenn leaders have their updated designs. Love me some ORAS Roxanne.
>>
>>33028522
>All returning trainers either have a Z-Ring or designated Mega accessory
>You can see them do poses for either
>>
I do hope they update some of the teams like they did in BW2, like give Lt.Surge a Heliolisk, Misty a Wishiwashi, Falkner a Toucanon, etc.
>>
File: WC10_Wallpaper_1280x1024.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WC10_Wallpaper_1280x1024.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
Before SM released, I had this theory about PWT coming back, so I dug it out and I'll repost it

>So Alola was partially chosen to be Hawaii because the Pokemon World Championships are often held there, and we know Sun and Moon wont have traditional gyms or a league.Why does Alola decide to form a league now?

>Maybe because the Pokemon World Championships are taking place in Alola that year in game. They've even been referenced in game before like an NPC in the Battle Resort saying he cant wait to compete in the next one.

>It could be like the PWT but expanded to include elite 4, Frontier Brains, Notable trainers, (Wally,Zinnia,Eusine,etc.) and maybe even other playable characters. Having all these notable characters come together for a massive tournament and vacation would be a great tie in to the 20th anniversary and be how it "all comes together"

>I think the Artificial Island will be the spot where the World Championships take place. We had the backpacker in XY say his region "had a facility you wouldnt belive" Maybe he was referring to the Island, a massive resort where the trainers stay and the tournament is held. It could be like a mix of the Battle Frontier with several facilities and the PWT where you compete with the old characters, along with a hub area like Mauville City where you can find shops with move tutors and such.

This was before we knew what the Aether Foundation was, but they could still use the same idea on another new island

>It could give the main character a really great story too, He moves from his home region to Alola, having to leave his friends and give up his dreams of being the very best like no one ever was since theres no league, until he is noticed by Tapu Koko and learns about the World Championships and first Alolan Leauge from Kukui and Hala, he trains hard, battles Team Skulls and conquers each of the island challenges, until it's time for the tournament where he's become strong enough to compete with the best them.
>>
>>33023142
Just pretend the gym leaders and elite four are there at different times if it bothers you that much you fucking autist.
>>
>>33023142
Every single threat and criminal syndacite we've seen so far have been beaten and disbanded by preteens who literally just started their own journey

The regions will be fine
>>
File: 63001190_p0.png (434KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
63001190_p0.png
434KB, 640x853px
>>33028760
>Implying there isn't an Ultra Beast patrol lead by League officials and consulted by Lusamine.
>>
They could probably promote the PWT with actual tournaments online, cross promote with Pokken, make an anime OVA like Generations or Origin featuring it, etc.

Basically just made the theme of the year tournaments
>>
>>33028683
>had a facility you wouldnt belive
I can't believe how disappointing it was.

Other than that, I really wish some of this stuff came true. The story needs a bit of fleshing out, but it would be better than what we had now.
>>
Bringing back the PWT would also be a good way for them to future proof the character models just like they did with the Pokemon themselves

For all future games, any character can come back with no work at all, and if they want to update their designs like say Brawly from RSE to ORAS, it's simpler since the base model will be there already
>>
>>33026882
>Cheren teaches a class in the Pokemon school
Or he could take his class on a field trip. You could battle him to teach his kids how to strategize.
>>
>>33020314
Let it star the rivals, the (reformed) team admins/leaders, and E4 members.
>>
>>33029299
I think it would be a great way to take the basic theme back to its "kid on a quest to be the very best" roots from Gen 1,
And it wouldnt sacrifice the more established and story driven ideas they've had since then
>>
>>33029233
How about a sequel to Colosseum?
>>
File: its_a_stone_luigi.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
its_a_stone_luigi.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>33029822
It's from Genius Sonority, anon.
GameFreak didn't make it.
>>
>>33020314
Make it canon to the story, like battle tree was
>>
>>33029822
Now that the main series is moving to Switch, I doubt we'll see it

What they need to do is incorporate them into the main series, like maybe have the Aether Foundation say they researched their data from Cipher, and have characters like Gonzap and Miror B show up in the PWT
>>
>>33029717
It would up the stakes a bit too. It's no longer about being the very best in the region but being the best in all regions, in a symbolic manner. If GF are so dead set on including their story, it would at least give some more screen time to the PC.

The Looker side quest could also be included. Halfway through the Island Challenge, Looker and Anabel could show up and request your help as you are an up-and-coming new trainer with a lot of potential. The Ultra Beasts could be located in difficult to reach places and actually have an overworld model as well. The Aether Foundation agrees to help you capture/defeat but the ones you catch are sent to them for "study." Near the end of the Island Challenge, you travel towards the final Ultra Beast of the main game, Nihilego, but Lusamine gets there first without the player knowing. She captures it, merges with it, releases all the ones they had in captivity to wreak havoc, and hides out in Ultra Space. Any that you didn't capture can be explained away with a line like "Aether finished up the job after you left." Lillie could follow you around in the last Ultra Beast mission so she sees Lusamine, they have their little talk and conflict, Nebby gets hurt, then the two of you have to travel to Poni to get Nebby to evolve. More screen time for the player, and a bit for Lillie too.
>>
>>33030094
I can see it playing out something like this

>Beginning is mostly the same, Kukui tells you about there being a tournament soon
>Island Challenge begins
>Kukui tells you about building the Leauge on Mt. Hokulani, because he wants Alola represented in the PWT, asks you to find the 8 gym leaders
>UB storyline plays out, full scale invasion with Anabel, Looker, Lillie, Zygarde, Necrozma, etc. all involved
>You are recognized as the one who saved the region
>You go around and recruit each trial captian to be gym leaders, and build the gyms and be the first to challenge them
>League is built, you become the first champion, end game
>Postgame, World Tournament begins, everyone gathers and dukes it out
>>
Elite Four members, MC and rival characters from past games
>>
>>33030295
>Main Characters
Won't ever happen or canonfags would have a raging shitfit because their preferred protagonist isn't canon.
Red got away with it because he was the only option in RGBY and actually showed up in GSC.
>>
>>33030300
Yeah, I think Hilbert/Hilda not coming back in BW2, even with the memory link, was the final nail in the coffin for the protags coming back

There was data for them appearing in the PWT in the game but GF probably decided against it for this same reason

Doesnt rule out references though
>>
>PWT takes place every 5 years
>BW2 came out in 2012
>USUM in 2017

Get hype bois
>>
-Add an extra mode where you enter with all 6 pokemon, choose 3/4 at the start of the first 2 battles (like in the multiplayer mode) and with all 6 pokemon in the final one.
-Type expert mode is also a rule you can use in multiplayer battles and now you can also use downloadable rules in the tournaments, like small cup, vgc, inverse battle, etc. (This could also be worked into the battle tower).
-Insert some sort of scoring system that connects to a popularity system that will grant you goodies/unlock new rules. Doing cool shit like winning without losing a pokemon, doing a move combo, winning against an unfavorable type mashup or saving your Z-move for the last will grant you extra points, losing the tournament will still give you popularity.
-Add multi-battles.
-Add other players as rivals, get their teams in the tournament.
-Public has reactions in the battle.
-Scramble mode, all participants pokemon get randomly distributed, you get to change a team member after every battle.

There, some random ideas, now I hope whatever new facility gets added in, we all play it enough for gamefreak to remove the battle tower.
>>
>>33020314
Add the E4 and Frontier Brains first and foremost. Including past protags and rivals, but older, could be fun too like what they did for Red and Blue at the Battle Tree. A spectate option would be nice too since I've always wanted to watch battles between gym leaders and champions, like Stadium 2's credits. Maybe have a Mystery Tournament where you can't see your competitors in the brackets until they're standing right in front of you. Also having enemy Team Admins and Bosses might be interesting, since Giovanni was in the original.
>>
>>33020314
This would save 7th generation. Heck, this would save all of 3ds Pokemon era. No matter how shitty USUM would be (lets hope its good but...) this would be remedy for other pain

Battling all of your favourites in 3D, with remastered music, with full teams (if you'll choose that opttion) would be GLORIOUS

But they wont do it. They fucked up the Tree, they'll never do PWT again
>>
Well you'd think that the unusual amount and variety of old characters in SM is foreshadowing something like PWT so a facility where tons of old strong trainers gather to battle.....buuuuuut this is GF we're talking about. Wouldnt surprise me if they got rid of old characters in USUM alltogether just because the annivesary is over.

Battle Tree was basically a giant middle finger to the fans. Its the most basic facility, on top of that they got rid of triple and rotation battles so its even worse than a Maison or Subway. They've included some old characters every ten battles but if anything it feels like the most cheap and stupid move because you cant really enjoy battling them at your own leaisure (like PWT or Chateau or Battle Dojo), instead you have to battle random ass NPCs and hope you'll meet the one you want to battle

There is a teeny tiny bit of hope for PWT in USUM but dont count on it too much
>>
>>33026882
what about the paniola ranch?

a certain miltank girl could've appeared there as a cameo but she didn't.
>>
>>33030250
Diantha and Cynthia relaxing at the pool at hano grand resort
>>
>>33030342
Just have both the male and female show up, it's easy for games like RSE and DPPt because the other character was used. They can each use 3 different teams, one for each starter.
>>
>>33024241
outliers who only serve to make you think the rest of them actually do anything besides stand in a room and wait for trainers to walk in to battle
>>
>>33022952
Eavsion and Accuracy modifying moves and 1 hit ko moves
>>
eShop updates for Leaders to change up their teams or movesets. Sort of like downloadable difficulty.

Also, themed tournaments/match-ups like the DS but more people can access it now.
>>
It makes you think: why GF used such a weird selection of old characters for SM? Maybe they wanted to hint that they will bring back many old characters in second installment?
>>
>>33034893
If not, I can always hope for Switch.
Delicious glorious HD on Switch.
>>
My favorite mode was the Mix Tournament; that should definitely return!

I'd like to be able to pair up with another gym leader in the tournament. If you win the tournament, that trainer gives you an evolved pokemon of their signature pokemon with perfect IV's and any signature egg moves.

Lastly, you should be able to earn all gym badges somehow. Maybe each gym leader having their own tournament. Earning a leader's gym badge allows you to recruit them as a partner in the doubles tournament.
>>
File: 1494520948940.png (125KB, 574x516px) Image search: [Google]
1494520948940.png
125KB, 574x516px
>>33020314
No. It is not. Not unless you're willing to wait for 3-4 years for a game that will be outdated in a year. In BW2 they just had to make like a dozen new sprites for the Gen 3 characters, while everything else was reused from Gen 4. Now they'd have to make entirely new 3D models for 50+ characters. Which is, no matter how you look at it, a fucking waste of time.

Right now, the time to content ratio per game is at an all time high. And so is the amount of money they make. So no, it's not coming back. No sane person would waste time on something as useless and stupid as PWT. Of course, I'm only referring to the characters in PWT, not the game modes. That's another, much better thing, with better chances of returning.
>>
>>33020314
Gamefreak is too far gone to bring back PWT. As for improving it I would merge it with the Battle Dome.
>>
File: wnEcp3N.jpg (77KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wnEcp3N.jpg
77KB, 1200x1200px
>>33035988
They might do it just to future proof the character models like they did with the Pokemon themselves in Gen 6

We're going to see those models for a long time and they even reused them in PoGo, so I imagine they would want to do the same thing for the characters too, just to easily bring them back whenever, and not have to start from scratch if they want to update them for upcoming remakes or future cameos

Since USUM is a third version and not a sequel or remake, and they dont have to make a full game from scratch, I imagine they have plenty of spare time to implement them, plus they dont even have to design teams and dialouge from everyone since they already exist from BW2
>>
>>33034893
I think they were meant to bring back everyone just rushed for time so they kept only the essentials who appeared in game (Dexio,Sinna,Anabel,Grimsley,Red,Blue,etc)

The only outliers were Wally and Cynthia, with Wally being an easy addition since he was cut/pasted from ORAS
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.