[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple question. Do you expect USUM to be underwhelming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

http://www.strawpoll.me/13421760
>>
define "underwhelming"
>>
>>33012752
Either a normal or huge letdown.
>>
>>33012752
underwhelm
ˌʌndəˈwɛlm/
verbhumorous
gerund or present participle: underwhelming

fail to impress or make a positive impact on (someone); disappoint.
"American voters seem underwhelmed by the choices for president"
>>
I would actually have to have expectations for the game to be disappointed or underwhelmed

I don't think it will because my bar isn't very for the games

Mostly because I don't know who the director is and any relevant information about the games
>>
No.
Because I've actually got realistic expectations, unlike the other faggots here.
>>
It depends

If you expect a brand new game you will obviously be disappointed. It's going to be Sun/Moon with a couple new features.

If you take the time to appreciate the new features, it could be very good
>>
>>33012741
Any dislike of BW is a meme, BW2 were great because they built on an already great foundation. SM is a shit foundation and USUM will therefore be shit. You can polish a turd but it's still a turd.
>>
>>33012741
I don't expect anything. They've shown us virtually nothing, there's nothing to base an impression on at this point.
>>
>>33012741
I can't see how it could be underwhelming. I mean, nobody really liked SM in the first place, so there's nothing to ruin, and it seems extremely hard to fuck up something so simple, but then again, it is Gamefreak so i wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>33012741
Yes. GF has a lazy approach as it is.
SM was clearly unfinished with a lot of odd stuff. Not to mention Pokemon fans eat up whatever shit they're presented with and will depend it to oblivion and pretend issues aren't there.

GF knows they can get away with a lazy 'redo' of SM and they'll go for it.
>>
>>33012822
I mad a strawpoll here about liking sun and moon. 90% enjoyed it out of 200 votes
>>
>>33012763
>"American voters seem underwhelmed by the choices for president"
>>
It will be worth full price if there are:
>More than the three alt forms shown
>More Alola Pokémon
>More Ultra Beasts
>A large variety of old Pokémon to catch in Johto Apricorn Pokéballs
>A worthy postgame, move tutors, and cameos from older characters

If it's just "dude same game new story" then it will be underwhelming as fuck and I'll just download the cias for both
>>
>>33012889
>>A worthy postgame
anon...
>>
>>33012932
Notice how I said "if". I don't have high expectations.
>>
>>33012741
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13421760
yes
>>
I'm trying not to set my expectations very high but I know they'll manage to disappoint me anyway
>>
>>33012741
I expect it.

This is all I expect. The only way they could disappoint me is to not come.
>>
>>33012741
It seems majority of people expect BW2 or Platinum level

I think it will be Crystal level of changes with few alola forms as a bonus
>>
>>33012809
This
>>
I don't expect anything
>>
>>33012741
Most likely an ORAS tier sequel.
>>
>>33014988
aint gonna be a sequel though. At best it can be an alt story that happens to take place later than the events of SM while still not being a direct sequel cause youre still the same char
>>
>>33012780
BW2 is good, not great, for everything brand new despite its connection to BW1, and it's because of them working off BW1 as a base that it can't reach greatness.
>>
>>33015108
I sill dont get why people expect USUM to tae place later than SM, that doesnt make any sense and its not based on any evidence
>>
>>33012741
The core flaw of Sun and Moon is the small region, with piss poor map design, uninteresting locations, and extreme linearity. This core flaw with the game will not get fixed in USUM, because making a region is one of the parts of Pokemon game development that takes a lot of time, and they're definitely not going to go through the effort of improving the region as a whole.
>>
>>33015127
There isn't any indeed, it's just people's hopes and dreams because they don't want the games to be a glorified 3rd version split in 2 for cashgrabs (also because it would mean more significant changes)
>>
>>33015127
Chinese board leaks that named the game by name prior to official reveal
>>
>>33012741
god I hope they include another 3 hour tutorial and 6 hours of cutscenes of jerking cringey animations
>>
>>33015146
I don't know if that can be considered legit because it isn't that hard to take a chance at naming things Ultra ..but hey, Im all for the games being a "the character moved to alola x time later" story
>>
>>33012741
>third version
>almost entirely confirmed not have any of the features that make third versions worthwhile
Calling them "underwhelming" is a severe understatement.
>>
Yes. What is it exactly? Is it just like a third version? I won't be buying it, but I'll pirate it eventually.
>>
>>33012780
but DP were the objective worst in the series where platinum is actually pretty great. Explain that.
>>
>>33012845
>"American voters seem underwhelmed by the president's choices"
>>
I can't say I even have any expectations to be disappointed with unless GF doesn't even do the bare minimum for a third version. For me, bare minimum is:

>at least a few new areas
>at least a few new forms
>at least a few more pokemon that weren't previously available in SM
>at least a few postgame things and tutors

If they can't even be fucked to do that much, yes they will have failed to reach an already low bar.

My expectations aren't very high because of how they've been handling wrapping things up. yes I'm still salty about Zygarde being fucked dry

That being said, SM wouldn't be that bad with the third versiony stuff added in. Cut back a little on the handholding cut scene stuff, and you've got a decent pair of games. Games that should have been what we got a year ago, but either way.
>>
>>33012767
Holy shit, T H I S.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.