[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when people actually used to LIKE XY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8

File: XY_are-awesome.png (109KB, 779x778px) Image search: [Google]
XY_are-awesome.png
109KB, 779x778px
Remember when people actually used to LIKE XY?
>>
Outside of /vp/, gen 6 was actually well liked.
>>
>>33012502
People still do? The multiplayer is even better than SM and ORAS
>>
File: fvdcsjxnk.gif (67KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
fvdcsjxnk.gif
67KB, 446x400px
>>33012502
>LITERALLY the day after it was released.
People turned on them faster than they did with Sun/Moon
>>
>>33012510
Outside of /vp/, every gen is well liked
>>
>>33012512
Sun/Moon maybe but not ORAS
>>
>>33012534
>no character customization

ORAS is worse
>>
>>33012523
Not really. A lot of normies hate gen. 6
>>
>>33012519
The fuck they did. People didn't start to see how mediocre they were until around ORAS was released. SM was getting shit by much more people from the moment the ROM leaked.
>>
>>33012549
That's the one thing XY has over the other games. ORAS is better at every thing else. ORAS are better than XY.
>>
>>33012577
Actually a lot of """""normies""""""" like Gen 6. After all, that's the Gen that got them back into the series after Gen 5 drove them off.
>>
>>33012587
That's not true. People turned on XY like a week after release. Sun/Moon was being praised for about a month before people realized they're like a movie.
>>
>>33012593
This. Gen 5 nearly killed the series.
>>
>>33012610
Yup lucky it released on the highest selling handle system near its end. The ratio was awful

The people that bought b/w compared to the number of DS sold

3ds sold less than half the DS and x and y and sun. And moon outsold it
>>
>>33012519
>turn
>when it's only /vp/ autistically screeching about them
Most of the people think it was good
>>
>>33012510
Until the honeymoon phase ended.
>>
>>33012639
Honeymoon phase is a meme.
>>
>>33012502
>Hoennbaby and like Gen VI
Fuck, Jamtram has shit taste in Pokemon.
>>
You mean for like a day before people started finishing their playthroughs and experiencing all the flaws?
>>
>>33012502
AYY BADABING BADABOOM GET THAT BLACK GUY OUTTA MAH ROOM
>>
>>33012502
Some people have low standards. That doesn't affect me and my opinions on what I think is good or bad.
>>
Jon "African Safari" Jafari
>>
>>33012502
I still like them. People only started to shitpost them around ORAS, because guess what, players were busy playing XY, breeding Kalos pentagon pokémon, making new friends thanks to Friend Safari, grinding on the restaurant. They had time to play the game instead of shitpost.
>>
>>33012929
>People only started to shitpost them around ORAS

revisionist history
>>
Loved it at the time, I don't hate it now but think it's more on the meh side. It really suffered from not having a third version
>>
>>33012523
A lot of people dislike gen 5 but you still do see its fair share of people who like it. I'd say outside of /vp/ there isn't any sort of utter hatred directed towards a gen.
>>
>>33012624
AND ORAS are the best selling remakes. As much as people here want to shit on Gen 6, it's where the Pokemon resurgence started, NOT Pokemon GO.
>>
>>33012663
Correction, he had stellar taste for being a Hoennbaby since Gen 3 is objectively the best gen, but then threw that in the dumpster by praising XY
>>
>>33012502
I liked XY more than ORAS and SM. ORAS felt like any other soulless rehash and SM were just DUDE REMEMBER KANTO the game.
>>
>>33013016
Yupp normies thought the upgrade to 3d models compared to sprites was huge

Gen 8 with hd models and consoles have similar and bigger resurgence
>>
>JonTron loves Gen 3
This man has pristine taste
>>
>>33013029
>and SM were just DUDE REMEMBER KANTO the game.

So was XY
>>
>>33013029
>and SM were just DUDE REMEMBER KANTO the game.
So was XY, just not to the same extent.
>>
The problem with gen 6 was how limited it was. Besides the fashion and new 3D, what was so good about it? The new Pokémon felt lackluster and had very few memorable ones, and the starters all were shit except greninja.

At least S&M had a "postgame", but it was limited. Guess game freak hates when there's extra stuff to do after a game now
>>
>>33013039
See >>33013043

XY's level of Kantopandering was just right. SM's? Christ you might as well just go play in Kanto.
>>
>>33013029
SM felt like an on rails cutscene game with incredibly low res textures and the worst animations I've seen in a decade. X and Y had its problems and it can't hold a candle to BW2 but I never felt bored trying to get through the story or frustrated by the handholding.
>>
>>33013064
Even if I hate x/y, sun and moon just failed at the tutorial. It took 1 hour to get through, and you can't skip it

Then there's the endless kanto mentionings, the loss of the bike, new Pokémon either feeling useless or meant for a gimmick, and the elite 4 being pitiful. Gen 5 did so much better yet everyone hated it
>>
File: ghsfdyglij;klxfcfghjk.jpg (1MB, 1508x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ghsfdyglij;klxfcfghjk.jpg
1MB, 1508x2048px
>>33013056
>Play through Fire Emblem Echoes
>Postgame literally lets Alm and Celica travel to Archanea
>Then enter a dungeon where backstory to Awakening is revealed as the player progresses, ultimately culminating in a secret boss battle against Grima, the main antagonist of Awakening

Fire Emblem is now using Pokemon style of postgame, and Pokemon now has barely any postgame. Think about that.
>>
>>33013100
What would Celica's team be?
>>
>>33013078
That's because Gen 5 wasn't that good either. The reason Sun/Moon gets a break is because people """"""like""""""" Lillie.
>>
>>33013078
Not to mention the perma happy characters and the absolutely cringe vapid antangonists and then hau who is like a mentally retarded toddler. I think it's the only Pokemon game that I have no intention of ever replaying. That's not to say XY is much better but I'm still mystified by the general praise for SM.
>>
>>33013131
Same way I feel about b/w
>>
>>33013131
People liked it just because it showed so much praise to kanto. It sucks how the game should have been a gateway to maybe hoenn went with the direction of using kanto. Also, it was easy, and people like easy games now with no depth

>>33013126
Gen 5 at least felt complete and I could play them for a good couple of months after I finished the main story. Gen 6 failed when the sky battles were only accessible with certain Pokémon, areas in kalos were locked away and never heard of again, events were forgotten and distributed years later.
>>
>>33013163
Wouldn't surprise me if Gen 8 starts with a kanto reimagining.
>>
>>33013256
No. A johto reimagining then changes into a kanto suck fest where they literally bring over kanto people and give them no context, and I'm talking about guys like mr bill and fucking lance
>>
>>33013043
>>33013039
Sm at least had an excuse of being the anniversary game
>>
>>33013100
The thing is that Fire Emblem doesn't sell anywhere as well as Pokémon or have as many spinoffs, so they have to put all their effort into making a great game or else the series will risk dying which would have happened if Awakening didn't have sweat and tears poured into it. Pokémon, on the other hand, is incredibly popular and even shitty games like DP and XY sell a lot, so GameFreak can afford to be lazy.
>>
>>33013059
>XY's level of Kantopandering was just right
I felt both XY and SM went way too far
Though with XY it was a hybrid of Kanto pandering and Lucario shilling that really pissed me off
Either way I just want to use the new 'mons and they keep shoving old shit in my face.
>>
>>33013302
Bill and Lance had more development and explanation in GSC than RBY, not sure what you're talking about. If you hadn't played RBY at all both Bill and Lance still made sense in GSC.
>>
XY was good. It should have been longer and had a postgame but the PSS easily made up for that. I put in hundreds of hours into that. SM however had a good maingame and should have been bigger as it was intended to be, but they made that stupid castle shit instead.
>>
>>33013560
>SM however had a good maingame
can someone explain the draw of the maingame? Were people really that enamored by the cutscenes and story? I'd rather the story be a springboard into the universe rather than a handholding all the way through. It felt incredibly obnoxious in SM.
>>
>>33012523
Outside of here people only really like gen1and 2and really hate gen 5.
>>
>>33012610
>Gen 5 nearly killed the series
Didn't Black and White sell more than Diamond and Pearl did before their respective sequels released? I've been out of the loop since gen 5 so I could be completely wrong
>>
>>33013634
Do you actually care more about what happens after you beat the game then the ACTUAL game?
>>
>>33013634

I liked (re:not loved) the story after the first island when the handholding was out of the way. Trials are a refreshing gym alternative

Otherwise I also just like how they are streamlining more and more shit. The elimination of HMs is seriously such a fucking boon to this game, I hate HMs so much>>33013634
>>
>>33014279
I never said anything about the postgame, I just don't want an on-rails cutscene driven gameplay.
Spoonfed vs Forcefed, if I have to mash my button through 60,000 lines of vapid lillie cutscene to be able to advance to the next 3 patches of grass before another cutscene. It's incredibly jarring and not very enjoyable personally. Rather than being able to explore the world and learn about the current situation organically. Maybe that's what people want, maybe people want a TV show like experience with occasional battles. I'm just trying to understand the draw.

>>33014306
HM's was a positive although I think it could have been handled without using them like an acqired bike item. Just give the trainers pokemon the HM abilities without needing it to take up a move slot so theres more of a connection to the players actual pokemon.
>>
>>33013032
this, I hope Nintendo is making more switches because the moment the first trailer drops they're going to sell like hotcakes (in fairness the Switch is already selling like hotcakes but HD-play on tv in 1080p Pokémon is going to be something else).
>>
>>33012502
They still do

For example Marriland says its his fav main game of all time
>>
>>33014321
>Just give the trainers pokemon the HM abilities without needing it to take up a move slot so theres more of a connection to the players actual
Pokémon

Fuck that, then I'd still have to carry a bird and a fish in my party at all times. Then I probably wouldn't be able to map fly to the d pad. I CAN FUCKING FLY WITH ONE BUTTON PRESS I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THAT OLD SHIT.

I don't see what connection you have with your Pokémon when you are using a fucking doduo to fly across an island and it just morphs into a black blob and swoops you up with a generic animation
>>
>>33014373
>Fuck that, then I'd still have to carry a bird and a fish in my party at all times.
oh boo fucking hoo theres 800 pokemon and you're bitching that you need a fish to surf and a flying type to fly
>Then I probably wouldn't be able to map fly to the d pad.
Why not? That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about and wouldn't be difficult at all from a technical standpoint.
>morphs into a black blob
obviously they shouldn't be a black blob, thats just lazy design
>>
>>33014373
>Fuck that, then I'd still have to carry a bird and a fish in my party at all time
Nah you wouldn't need that, it could just go off the types you select for the job even if they're in the bank. Select your bird type when you catch one to be the designated flying type and it would be used from the bank and it would automatically call it when you hit your D-pad hotkey.
>>
>>33014404
>bitching that you need
No, he's bitching that he doesn't WANT to have to carry one. I don't either, I want to use Pokemon I like. You know, like the connection BS you spout.

>obviously they shouldn't be
They are though. Your "connection" is to a random blob, not your Pokemon.
>>
>>33014453
>Your "connection" is to a random blob, not your Pokemon.
I'm not defending the blob you retard, I'm talking about how ideally I would want things to be.
>No, he's bitching that he doesn't WANT to have to carry one. I don't either, I want to use Pokemon I like.
Then what's wrong with what this guy says?
>>33014424
>>
>>33013790
yes, you're wrong
>>
>>33012502
XY started out pretty strong though, you didn't start realizing it was shit it really was until around the 4th gym or so
>>
>>33012599
>>33012519
Exactly. Even /vp/ was enjoying SM for longer than I expected after release.
>>
Reminder that the first few months of XY was the peak of the series post-gen 2

>main games finally in 3D was special
>first games getting worldwide release so you could play blind
>first time we had the intended online trading economy since hacks didn't exist
>megas and fairy type meant a completely fresh competitive meta to explore
>>
>>33015426
>implying gen 4 wasn't the second peak
>implying gen 5 as gamefreak's passion project isn't evidence enough that they started caring more about the games because of the resurgence of popularity in the series that gen 4 brought
>forgetting about the GTS
>forgetting about physical/special split
>forgetting gen 4's cross gen evos that brought new life to older designs
>>
>>33015463
>gen 5
>passion project
What the fuck am I reading, BW was basically an expansion of gen 4 with nothing that made it stand out
>>
>>33012502
Yeah, it's called always.

Gen 6 is the best generation so far. Anyone claiming otherwise is an underage Sinnohfetus or Unovabortion.
>>
>>33015463
Gen 4 was the trough. Worst the series has ever been or ever will be. Physical/Special split was a disaster and most of the cross gen evos are reviled. I can't wait until all these sinnohkids move on and we can stop pretending that generation did anything good.
>>
>>33015493
>I am retarded, please disregard my opinion
>>
>>33015503
>us or Unovabortion.
/thread
>>
>>33012502
I remember liking XY until I got to the Tower of Mastery. From there it goes down like a lead balloon.
>>
>>33015507
>Physical/Special split was a disaster
What the actual fuck?
>>
File: 936.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>33015493
>>
>>33015510
>>33017443
good posts, unovashitters
>>
File: 1475260176289.png (83KB, 264x238px) Image search: [Google]
1475260176289.png
83KB, 264x238px
>>33012502
>3d
>customization
>amie
>SITTING
As far as pure immersion goes, Gen 6 was THE BEST at the time. Then they had also put older Pokemon, Pokemon people already loved, in the spotlight again with Mega Evolution. So no fucking wonder people enjoyed it.

But as time went on and people got used to seeing the positives, they started focusing on the negatives. That's when the shit characters like Tierno and the shit difficulty became noticeable, and people hated the Gen for simply those two things.
>>
File: IMG_0316.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0316.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>>33015507
The fuck did you just say?
>>
File: ow.png (465KB, 798x333px) Image search: [Google]
ow.png
465KB, 798x333px
>>33015507
>>
>>33013634
It had challenge. More than ORAS or XY. The faggot forest trial if you picked the grass started was fucking gay. Also the champion with his faggot lariat attacks.
>>
>>33015426
>first time we had the intended online trading economy since hacks didn't exist
That was so fucking good. It was before the GSS went up so you could only use the pokemon from XY.
>>
>>33012502
What a fucking casual.
>>
>>33018100
To be fair you don't need to try very hard to be more difficult than XYORAS. Or RBY for that matter.
>>
>>33018178
I know ORAS is a joke. It was data mined that the trial pokemon were all 6IV as well. Fuck that 1 turn solarbeam.
>>
>>33014306
>Otherwise I also just like how they are streamlining more and more shit.
I feel streamlining too much shit is dangerous and creates a situation where the gameplay becomes unengaging inb4 people who hate turn-based games pop out to say it always was. I think a good JRPG needs good gameplay with a degree of complexity, and if you dumb things down too much I lose interest.
I don't dislike story in JRPGs as a whole but Game Freak isn't good at writing stories, and after the shitshow that was ORAS' Delta Episode they shouldn't've tried shoving this game's story so much in your face. You could cut half the Lillie cutscenes out of the game and lose nothing, so much of it is just Lillie telling you about herself when her character—along with every other character in the series—is as paper-thin as you can get in anime girls.
If Game Freak wants to create another Lillie in the future, they need to make most of her dialogue optional shit that you have to seek out yourself as a player like the Yancy conversations in BW2. SM should've had a phone app like Johto/Emerald's Hoenn/Unova had, so you could talk to them and get told about how "oh no I can't pick out my own clothes because my mom's a bitch" through there instead of the game stopping entirely for a few seconds so they can shove it in the main game. Maybe even occasionally have a character tell you to meet them somewhere like one of the diners so you can have more animated cutscenes instead of being limited to seeing them through a video screen on Rotomdex. Either way they need to cut down on the cutscenes by a ton.
>>
>>33013790
Anyone saying Gen 5 nearly killed the series is shitposting, the weakest entry saleswise was Ruby and Sapphire because of its lack of back compat. and even that didn't do any damage to the franchise as a whole. People saying "[x] almost killed Pokeyman!" are just trying to push their opinion that [x] is a bad game instead of talking about the actual strengths/weaknesses of the game in question.
>>
>>33017706
>actually being able to sit down

Even if that turned into a meme down the line, this was probably one of the coolest additions, immersion wise, the series could have gave us. I mean sitting down in one of the chairs in Santalune City and the camera pans to the fountain and the rest of the town, that shit was totally comfy.

Shit man not even Colosseum let us do that.
>>
>>33018259
>>33015463
See >>33017651
>>
>>33018315
What do those two posts have to do with mine?
>>
>>33012510

Can we stop trying to force this meme?

Thanks!
>>
>>33013365
>anniversary game
>only one gen gets celebrated while other gens gets pushed aside
shouldn't an anniversary celebrate every installment in the series?

i mean fucking sonic of all series did the whole 20th anniversary game thing better than pokemon.
>>
>>33012593
That's not how it works anon. A significant amount of time should've passed for bringing people back being an achievment. Gen 6 is right after Gen 5, so it hardly drove them off.
>>
>liking anything past gen 5
>>
>>33018582
>liking gen 5 at all
>>
>>33012523
Outside of /vp/ people dislike Gen V, buddy.
>>
>>33018598
>liking Pokemon
>>
>>33015507

Alakazam pls go
>>
>>33018623

Outside of Gen 1 there is no observable trend showing normalfags like any other Pokemon generation. This thread cropped up in response to the other thread with the facebook image about why "fans" loved Gen 6. I wouldnt be surprised if a marketer made that to rewrite history especially with how panned XY and ORAS were.
>>
File: 1485017975089.png (258KB, 394x602px) Image search: [Google]
1485017975089.png
258KB, 394x602px
>>33015507

it sure is summer
>>
>>33012502
me neither
>>
>>33012523
true, but gen 5 is the less liked
>>
>>33012502
I still like XY. It's better than Sun/Moon, that's for sure. Better than Black/White too. Better than OR/AS. It's great.
>>
So we know that like 1/4th of sun and moon was cut and that there was a bunch of stuff for ORAS cut. What was cut for XY? That one train area?
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.