[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why did the dimensional rifts and ultra wormholes open up in ORAS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (173KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
173KB, 400x240px
So why did the dimensional rifts and ultra wormholes open up in ORAS?
>>
File: you sick fuck.png (244KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
you sick fuck.png
244KB, 872x632px
I hate how lazy the dimensional rifts are. The only one that fits is Dialga's. The text before Giratina's literally confirms that its a portal to the Distortion world, but the distortion world is fucking purple, not Dialga Blue. Same goes for Palkia, who's portal is purple.

On that note. Landorus, Tornadus and Thunderus are all found in a thundercloud, despite Thunderus being the only one who actually creates thunder.

LAZY PROGRAMING.
>>
>>33010441
Its never explained, its a gameplay thing to get all previous legends.
>>
>>33010533
*whose
>>
>>33010533
more like lazy asset creation
>>
>>33010441
Because designing proper dungeons is too hard for nu-Freak
>>
>>33010441
Hoopa
>>
>>33010533
wow, you guys will shit about everything
even if it wasn´t memorable at all
>>
File: Sad Lavenza.png (100KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Lavenza.png
100KB, 512x512px
>>33010634
Anon, you're on /vp/ we all care about things in these games to an autistic extent, why is this news to new

you aren't a newfag, are you?
>>
>>33010686
meaybe I am
maybe I´m not
my dear non pokemon poster
>>
>>33010441
Because Hoopa
>>
>>33010586
Ding ding
>>
>>33010686
stop avatarfagging
>>
File: Snubbull bed.png (179KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Snubbull bed.png
179KB, 640x480px
Kalos Pentagon. This way, every Pokemon can be legal for anything that requires it.
>>
ORAS is when I really realized just how bloated the franchise is becoming. How the hell are the Tapus and the Ultra beasts going to be made available in future games? Not to mention all the Z-crystals and mega stones and event legendaries, and hell even regular legendaries? How are GF going to make these things available in a single gen, on top of all the things they'll later introduce?
>>
>>33011887
doing events for the west and stop sucking japan dick
>>
>>33011887
>How the hell are the Tapus and the Ultra beasts going to be made available in future games?
Distributions. Just like with every other Legendary.
>>
>>33011838
This. Most of them come out of what are clearly Hoopa's rings. The rest that don't clearly come from rings are just Gamefreak not caring that hard about the why.
>>
File: 1481740508768.gif (1011KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
1481740508768.gif
1011KB, 500x394px
>>33011887
Hoopa Rings will come back.
Ultra Wormholes will come back.
It doesn't matter why or how.
But they'll keep coming back in every single fucking generation because of the Generational Marking.
>>
Reminder USUM will have every non-event legendary in the game. From Mewtwo to Kyurem and from Articuno to Yveltal, we're going to see them all again.
The non-box legend trios will be catchable in both games, the box legendaries will be version exclusive with red going to US and blue going to UM and the box legendary trio will be catchable by having both legendaries in your party.
>>
>>33012052
How? Portals again?
>>
>>33012062
They'll retcon Ultra Wormholes to also act as gateways to other dimensions aside from Ultra Space, and said dimensions will shit out the Legendaries just like Hoopa's Rings.
>>
>>33012062
Possible. Or they just dump them in random caves and give every Pokémon different requirements.
>>
>>33012052
Is it time all these Pokemon to come together? Like it all does?

Somebody make a list though of "required" one-per-game Pokemon, I want to see how badly Game Freak have fucked themselves.
>>
>>33010634
the reason it wasn't memorable is because it was poorly implemented
>>
>>33011887
>ORAS is when I really realized just how bloated the franchise is becoming.
Werent the hoenn legends in sinnoh the tipping point?

>How the hell are the Tapus and the Ultra beasts going to be made available in future games?
Through a similar method that the pokemon fanbase will try to rationalize when it not supposed to.

>Not to mention all the Z-crystals and mega stones and event legendaries, and hell even regular legendaries? How are GF going to make these things available in a single gen, on top of all the things they'll later introduce?
That was an issue long before megas, they should retcon evolution methods and make stones buyable.
>>
>>33012181
>GameFreak
>retconning evolutions
Even though we literally have an Ice Stone now and every single Eeveelution could be evolved via Stone since there's a fitting one for each of them, you're STILL going to be forced to evolve Eevee into Glaceon during lategame because Ice Areas are always in the second half of the region.
>>
>>33012193
they did it with milotic i guess.
>>
>>33012162
>Gen 1
Mewtwo is supposed to be unique lore-wise but there isn't a forced catch. This hasn't been contradicted yet though there are gameplay instances of Trevor and Sabrina having it.

>Gen 2
All of them are supposed to be unique IIRC, the frontier brains have some of the beasts but none is a forced catch. There's a gameplay instance of Falkner having Lugia too. Also Ethan having it triggers an event so it might be lore.

>Gen 3
A Lati is a forced catch, some frontier brains have one. Though I don't recall them saying there is just one, only very unique.
Rayquaza is unique and forced yet it appears in HGSS(released before it was forced though) and there's a gameplay instance of Winona having it.

>Gen 4
no forced catches(yet), Ethan/Lyra having Arceus triggers an event though, but they're all safe afaik.

>Gen 5
Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem are unique and Reshi and Zekrom are forced catches. Its one of the biggest screw ups in a way as its available through gameplay in ORAS which also contradicts their lore as they're supposed to be sealed. Everyone else is safe.

>Gen 6
Xerneas and Yveltal are forced catches, but too recent so they haven't come back. Zygarde isnt forced so it could be captured by Gen 7 MC.

>Gen 7
current gen
>>
>>33012304
>very unique
ok, that sounded retarded, very rare
>>
>>33012304
the lati + rayquaza being forced are from an alternate universe to the other instances of them you're referring to.
>>
>>33012035

5th gen didn't have any of the old cover legendaries available. It's possible that they just put all the old legends in ORAS since XY revived the franchise for a lot of people.
>>
>>33012483
Gen 5 didn't have a marking, so they weren't really required to put them all in one game.
Now that there is a marking, they ARE required, or that Pokemon will be completely unusable outside of Free Battles for the whole generation.
>>
>>33012457
Rayquaza shows up on a Winona DLC team in B2W2 so same universe.
I was gonna clarify that about the lati but I was sure that a Gen 4 Brain had Latios, but I checked and it was Anabel.
>>
>>33012520
i meant in gen 3 they weren't a forced catch though. since the break in universe is between 5 and 6, it doesn't seem to create a contradiction.
>>
>>33012304
The box Legendary is technically a forced catch, but There are multiple Cosmogs, so they're good on that.
>>
>>33012558
>since the break in universe is between 5 and 6
It isn't. In gen 6 Zinnia's statement applies to RSE and ORAS. Gen 7 further confirms this.

>>33012579
Yeah, I didn't bother because as its the current gen there hasn't been any possibility for contradictions but yeah.
>>
File: legends_by_esepibe.jpg (324KB, 1600x821px) Image search: [Google]
legends_by_esepibe.jpg
324KB, 1600x821px
I would be ok with all the legends coming back in USM, even if they just plop in like ORAS, that's pretty much all they can do at this point due to sheer volume

However, Alola does have enough diverse locations that would be perfect to house a few of them, like Wela Volcano for Heatran, Mt. Hokulani for Rayquaza and Deoxys, and Mt. Lanakila for Articuno
So I hope they take advantage of that

Also, it's time for Mew to pull a Deoxys and be avaliavle in-game rather than event only. It's been long enough, and since they had out events for RBY on VC they might just throw it out there now
Maybe they can do it with a nod to the infamous truck rumor or even better, remake Faraway Island along with the Battle Frontier
>>
>>33012612
a fun way for them to do this would be to expand ultra space and have it behave as a sort of hub world by which you could access various locations around the pokéverse where legendaries are. would kill two birds with one stone (expanding on the very limited ultra space content and increasing postgame content without much actual effort).

and i absolutely agree with releasing older mythicals as ingame acquisitions. it'll be impossible to do proper distributions anymore once the list of mythicals gets too large. the delta episode-type stuff should be at least keeping pace with the release of new mythicals in order to keep things under control.
>>
>>33012612
>Mew
All pre gen 6 should, eventmons shouldn't stack
>>
>>33011887
>how will they make them available
Outside of distributions, they won't. They can't even be assed to include the National Dex anymore, why bother with legendaries then?
>>
File: 274px-Faraway_Island_Mew.png (85KB, 274x138px) Image search: [Google]
274px-Faraway_Island_Mew.png
85KB, 274x138px
>>33012654
That would be great, and it definietly fit the whole "It all comes together" theme they're going for
I dont think they'll remake full areas for everyone because of the huge amount of work that that would be, but maybe like one cave or area per region, like Cerulean Cave, Ruins of Alph, Cave of Origin, etc. Where we find each legend

As for event legends, it should be Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys, this time, maybe with a sidequest for each, like Deoxys and Jirachi let us go into Space, Celebi is a time travel mission like HGSS, and Mew can be Faraway Island
Darkrai onwards can be saved for DP remakes in Gen 8 and going forward
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.