[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 1 thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: dnite.png (10KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
dnite.png
10KB, 480x433px
Post any Gen 1 related stuff. Glitches, unusual playthroughs, etc.
I've just finished a Yellow playthrough with starter replaced with perfect IV Dratini where I tried to avoid as many fights as possible in order to not get overleveled, which is very easy when using only one mon.
Hardest fights I had:
>Brock - needed to spend an hour grinding to 14 to outspeed Onix, allowing me to exploit the game's retarded AI to cheese the fight
>Sabrina - another hour of grind to level 45 to give me realistic chance of winning, still needed to exploit retarded AI and keep restarting to fish for freeze on Alakazam, which would probably be capable of twoshotting me with Psychic all the way to Dragonite evolution
>Koga - same roadblock as above, finished it right afterwards, even more RNG but not as outright brutal as Sabrina
>Lorelei - Thunderbolt crit, paralysis + instant full para or Blizzard miss are the only ways to get past her Lapras, level 55 was enough to get through everything else
Plus a few rough but not as brutal fights like Lt Surge and Giovanni in Viridian. Overall was pretty fun. I'd like to give this another try with a different Pokemon. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1368783143903.jpg (51KB, 402x584px) Image search: [Google]
1368783143903.jpg
51KB, 402x584px
>>33010200
>grinding
>>
Forgot to mention I gave myself an extra challenge by not using any items during battle. Just one Pokemon with four moveslots.
Moveset was Wrap -> Body Slam / Bubblebeam -> Surf / Thunder Wave -> Thunderbolt / Ice Beam.
>>33010221
>jRPG
>not grinding
>especially in a "challenge" playthrough like this
>>
>>33010200
Mew, but your moveset must be Surf, Flash, Cut, Strength.
>>
>>33010200
>>33010255
gen 1 is like the last game you need to grind in. I beat yellow's elite 4 with a team all around level 45.
>>
>>33010328
What was the team?
>>
>>33010328
Heh, I'm on a yellow playthrough with a 6 lvl 44 team and haven't even beat Giovanni so I guess I'm good.
>>
>>33010366
Not him but I used Dodrio, Blastoise, Pikachu, and Nidoking to beat the game. They were all around 48 at the end.
>>
I am currently playing through Red right now and I'm just having issues settling on six I want to use. I will probably just try to use Pokémon I haven't used before, but, that's kind of difficult considering I've used a fair bit of them before. Probably going to start with an Ekans and work my way around that for my final team.

If anyone wants to drop some suggestions, I'd love to hear them, just no type overlapping.
>>
>>33010749
Porygon. Have fun in Game Corner :^)
>>
i'm gonna play through it when the new 2ds comes out later this july

i played it from release on the vc and caught all 151, but my 3ds died in a fire, so now i'm here

i think i might catch 'em all again in anticipation for gold and silver
>>
Doing my third playthrough of Yellow on 3DS, just beat Surge and my team this time's gonna be Pikachu, the starters, Nidoking, Primeape, and maybe Rhydon or Aerodactyl until I get Mewtwo.
>>
File: game_clear.png (306KB, 801x721px) Image search: [Google]
game_clear.png
306KB, 801x721px
>>33010200
>Sabrina - another hour of grind to level 45 to give me realistic chance of winning, still needed to exploit retarded AI and keep restarting to fish for freeze on Alakazam, which would probably be capable of twoshotting me with Psychic all the way to Dragonite evolution
But anon, Dratini gets Agility at lv20. Agility+Wrap *should* have won you the fight long before that level.

The last time I played gen1 was Virtual Console Red, I used a lot of different Pokemon so my average levels were pretty low all throughout.
>>
File: gengar.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gengar.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
So is there any use for Gengar in Gen 1? Got one through the Mew Glitch but there's so many drawbacks that I don't see the point.
>>
>>33010328
WOW ANON UR SO GOOD AT POKEMAN
>>
There's an aesthetic, feel, etc. to Gen I in art and atmosphere I really miss, but cannot describe it.

It's not "omg it's new" AKA the Pokemania, but something else about the Pokemon world itself future gens, especially past Gen II (which still had it of sorts) lost.
>>
File: 1463888506275.png (345KB, 442x579px) Image search: [Google]
1463888506275.png
345KB, 442x579px
Is Dragon super effective against Dragon in Gen 1?

If we hacked Dragon Rage to have a Base Power instead of doing a set amount of damage, would it be super effective?
>>
>>33013537
I doubt it.
>>
>>33013535
Toriyama eyes?
>>
>>33013794
Yes.
>>
>>33010749
Victreebel.
>>
>>33013433
Hypnosis + Dream Eater
>>
>>33010749
I'm doing the same kind of run in Yellow, only using guys I've never used before.
So far I've got Raticate, Venomoth, and Ponyta, all mons I've never used. I can honestly say Venomoth has been surprisingly powerful, but since you're avoiding Poison-types, try Kangaskhan for a Normal. He's one I plan to use.

Any anons wanna suggest me a Pokémon off this small list of the Gen 1 mons I have left to take for a spin?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.