[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Defend this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

>Defend this
>>
Don't worry, there's always a retard out there willing to defend literally anything.
>>
>>33001769
This isn't a defense of it (in fact I think it's kind of bullshit), but hasn't the scripted first encounter been a thing for a while now?
>>
>>33001769
Wait is that true. That just eliminates a part of the gameplay it doesn't matter if its only their and what Pokemon it is that just takes some of the fun from it.
>>
>>33001800
No, X and Y started it
>>
>>33001769
For the first part the catch rate of those mons is so low it doesn't even matter.
>>
I knew about the scripted Pidgey encounter but I didn't know the pokeball thing. Huh.
>>
>>33001816
If you throw a Pokeball at them with full health they'd usually break out 50% of the time,yes it does matter u fuckin apologist
>>
>>33001807
I thought it was a thing since the third gen, but I might be having a brainfart (or just having the strangest RNG happen to me).

But either way it's not as bullshit as the whole "pokemon cannot break out of the ball" shit.
>>
File: 7fe.png (755KB, 863x988px) Image search: [Google]
7fe.png
755KB, 863x988px
>Zigzagoons are impossible to obtain in XY Nuzlockes
>>
>>33001846
well you can always make a clause to ignore the Pidgey and catch the Pokemon after for that one route.
>>
>>33001834
Ohhh woooow 50%! Who the fuck cares it's just a bunch of early route shitmons.
>muh difficulty
Yeah a 50/50 chance of something happening is sooooo difficult.
>>
>>33001864
>t.masuda
>>
>>33001769
All of those pokemon have a capture rate of 255 anyway.so big deal. Literaly no one would have noticed this if it wasn't datamined.
>>
>>33001816
try throwing a pokeball at a full health rattata and get back to me.

I guarantee you'll waste all your initial pokeballs.
>>
>>33001846
Not like this is new to XY Nuzlockes.
Thanks to the Snorlax on Route 7, it's impossible to get Croagunk, Smeargle, Volbeat, Illumise, Ducklett, Swirlix, and Spritzee as well.
>>
>>33001866
t. Mr. Icanttihinkofanargument

>>33001875
Confirmation bias. It's a 50/50 chance. Luck =! difficulty.
>>
>>33001885
>t.ohmori
>>
>>33001769
Why did they even bother doing that
>>
>>33001898
Anon, if kids just throw Pokeballs don't catch the first couple of Pokemon they encounter they might get frustrated and turn the game to play a mobile game instead.
>>
>>33001938
I know you're joking, but Gamefreak genuinely think the kids of today are more retarded than then kids who played red and blue, and this 100% would be their response if asked this question in an interview
>>
>>33001947
desu kids are kinda more retarded and short spanned than before...
>>
>>33001835
You have a forced encounter at the start of RSE when you're saving the professor, but otherwise nope.
DPP has something similar, while BWB2W2 does not.
>>
>>33001769
>Implying those have a low enough catch rate for that to even matter.
Has anyone, in the history of Pokemon, ever failed to capture a Pidgey or Caterpie?
>>
>>33002036
at full health failing pidgey happens often enough to be noticeable
>>
>>33002046
>Attack it once.
>effectively a 100% catch rate
>>
>>33001802
Gotta really drive home to those genwunners that there are Kanto mons in the region
>>
>>33001879
New nuzlocke rule
>Ignore forced encounters, you are not allowed to catch them, but they won't count as a "first encounter" for each route.
>>
>>33001885
>Luck =! difficulty.
Fucking retard
You know that's not some fixed chance, you can increase it by weakening the enemy pokémon. So throwing a ball at full health is literally a risk the player choice and may be punished for it, so yeah that's some difficulty as it introduce punishment unlike XY and forth.
>>
>>33001769
Never in my life.
>>
>>33002182
Do you realize we're talking about one patch of grass with only shitmons on it ?
>>
>>33001879
>>33002160
There's a ruleset some people use where event mons are under a separate category from random encounter mons.
>>
>>33002021
Only DP, Platinum didn't have the starly.
>>
>>33002199
huh, neat.
>>
>>33002193
Indeed I don't think it's a big deal, but you can't say they didn't lower the difficulty.
>>
>>33001769
Besides obvious Kanto pandering, perhaps it's because it happens immediately after the catching pokemon tutorial, and if a kid unfamiliar with RNG tries it turn 1 and fails immediately afterward, they may think they did something wrong unrelated to RNG and get confused. It's shaky reasoning given that GameFreak wouldn't have confidence in their own tutorial that they've relied on for every game prior, but it's all I've got.

...On the plus side, I saw an XY randomizer run where a dude got a free Reshiram on Route 1 because of this and cleaned house with it, only for it to die and his run to now go to crap because his crutch was gone.

>>33001879
Wait what? Snorlax is a static encounter, like the Snorlax in Kanto, any stationary legendary, the Red Gyarados(even though it's also justified by Shiny Clause technically), etc. It shouldn't count toward your first encounter, and as a result, you shouldn't forfeit a Route 7 encounter.
>>
>>33001769
What's the problem exactly?
>>33001834
>>33001855
wow...truly a challenging addition...just wow...
it's like people actually bother to capture first route mons...
>>
>>33001769
Why do genwunners complain about the dumbest shit? Who cares if some low-level shitmons can't break out of a ball? Do you really have trouble catching them in the other games?
>>
File: The dumbest shit from (You).jpg (84KB, 312x321px) Image search: [Google]
The dumbest shit from (You).jpg
84KB, 312x321px
>>33002308
>Not wanting the first mon to be a kanto mon makes me a genwunner
>>
This is /vp/. There will always be someone here who will defend anything.
>>
>>33002353
lmao op is butthurt hahaha LOL!
>>
>>33001769
>>33001780
>>33001802
>>33002353
>Does not agree with a thread that says XY are good games
>Instead of answering with arguments >Makes another thread complaining about a Pidgey from Route 1

Good job, anons.You are all retard kids
>>
>>33002408
Heres your (You)
>>
>>33001769
Is the catch rate a property set by the route map?

Like for example, if you hacked in a Metagross to encounter there, it would have the 100% catch rate?
>>
As for the first thing, I think it's alright that Pokemon dont break out of balls considering this is the tutorial route for the younger audience, as long as it is taught that Pokemon CAN break out of balls later.

As for the Pidgey thing, that's some fucking retarded gen 1 pandering shit.
>>
Defend it from what argument, exactly?
>>
>>33001769
Well I didnt fucking know this.

Is this the same in SM? This calls for a permanent amendment to Nuzlocke rules, or it defeats the purpose of the rule in the first place.
>>
>>33002743
Look at the thread, there are people trying to defend it.
>>
>>33002759
Yes, it's a Pikipek right after the capture tutorial instead of a Pidgey. Not sure about the no breaking out on any route 1 mons rule, though.
>>
>>33002759
Yeah. its always a caterpie around a 3rd of the way through the first grass patch. And Bulpapedia says pokemon can't break out before completion of the Iki town festival
>>
>>33002816
>>33002819
god dammit, i meant to fucking say pikipek, but i was thinking of caterpie while i was writing
>>
>>33002417
>Makes a huge assumption and then judges based on it
>misuses maymay arrows
Good job anon.you are a retard kid
>>
>>33002923
Learn to argue

Retard. Kid.
>>
>>33002759
ORAS does it too, with Wurmple instead of Pidgey

You don't have any Pokeballs at that point though so no big deal
>>
>>33001769
I won't defend the fact that Pokémon cannot break free from Poké Balls because that means that a Premier Ball will always work, but forcing an encounter to be your first encounter is another story.

Also see Alola Route 1, Pokémon can't break free on it.

>>33001780
Well, here you have me.
>>
>>33001769
>MASUDA

The saddest thing that the only way Pokémon will ever be good again is if masuda drops dead.
>>
>>33002244
>...On the plus side, I saw an XY randomizer run where a dude got a free Reshiram on Route 1 because of this and cleaned house with it, only for it to die and his run to now go to crap because his crutch was gone.

Link
>>
>>33001769
Not defending but the capture rate of one route in one game is a really obscure thing to give a shit about
>>
>>33001769
>Implying it's a problem.
>Implying it needs defending
>>
>>33004212

https://youtu.be/fWySfQN7Z9Q?t=2m26s

Alright, if you say so... Also, it's on episode 3 because the randomizer messed up and his route 1 encounter wasn't randomized. Comments said for him to release it and reencounter, so he did.
>>
>>33006244
Well, shit. "start at X time" youtube links don't work here. Skip to 2:26.
>>
>>33002160
Or just use the rule I've always used and I'm certain I'm not the only one - gifts and forced encounters can be caught/kept alongside a wild one.

It is absolutely pointless to let a forced encounter stop you from catching something.
>>
Point out what's bad.
>>
>>33002052
>full health
>attack it once
>>
ITT:people not knowing catch mechanics
Base catch rate for route 1 shitmons is usually 255/765, knocking down their HP to half makes it 2x the base, while getting it as close to 0 as possible makes it almost 3x the base
>>
>>33001816
You mean a high catch rate?
>>
At least they fixed it in S/M somewhat by only applying it before the festival begins. Afterwards, they can break out.
But does this also apply for special DexNav Pokémon, like Sewaddle?
>>
>>33002435
imagine being so butthurt you have to inspect element to defend yourself from being called out rofl
>>
>"oh no one patch of grass in the entire game containing only low-level shitmons will always have a 100% catch-rate because low-level shitmons have always been a real challenge to catch waaaah waaaah ablooooooo''
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.