[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else misses the anime? I used to hate it, but now that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

Anyone else misses the anime? I used to hate it, but now that it ended, I find myself missing it. Crazy how it took them 19 years.
>>
ARORA
>>
Serena's useless even when posing
>>
I don't mind it being gone, I'm glad they can just focus on the games now. And, hey, maybe one day they'll make an actually good anime, not just a giant forced ad. I'd love to see a retelling of the plot of BW or BW2 to be honest.
>>
No, only you
>>
Isn't there a Sun & Moon one going on now?
>>
Thread rating: C-
>>
>>33001283
They started a new one, right? Is it any good? How's the new protagonist called again?
>>
The anime is still airing, though. And it's better than it's been in years.
>>
>>33001283
>Good plot un Pokémon
Lel, the core concept of pokemon is So shit
>>
>>33001290

Yes, about the wacky shenanigans of Ash, Lillie, and four side characters
>>
>>33001290
Yeah, and also there's a Dragon Ball Super anime. How is that relevant to the Pokémon anime?
>>
>>33001296
It's still Ash. It's just an alternate-universe Ash where he's a mentally challenged six-year-old with an epileptic disorder where his face spontaneously contorts into memes.
>>
>>33001302
Huh? You mean Pokémon Generations? Or Pocket Monsters: Sun and Moon? By "the" anime, I meant the original continuity.
>>
>>33001302
How can you still lie to yourself like that?
>>
>>33001290
who?
>>
>>33001304
This, Pokémon is So dumb

Pokemans are sentient battle slaves.. They are even imprisoned in little magical balls when not training or fighting. Yet they are happy with this, they live for this. I take that back, they only live for this after being beat down and imprisoned in the balls, which apparently have a brain washing function. This is the brutality of gladiator battles conveniently minus the death and the gladiators being happy this being their lot in life. Kinda hard to root for someone swearing to be the best of the slave masters. Not only that, these gladiator battles are constant, almost only thing anyone thinks about is watching people battle to nondeath.
>>
>>33001330
But also the fact that show is one long over played story of Ash. How many seasons has it been and he hasn't aged.. Hasn't accomplished anything or grown internationally.
>>
File: DECwW_qXUAAzmay.jpg (57KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
DECwW_qXUAAzmay.jpg
57KB, 800x450px
>>33001302
>And it's better than it's been in years.
I like Sun and Moon too.
>>
>>33001330
And the battles themselves aren't interesting. Kinda have to take authors word that X works like this and Y works like that.
>>
>>33001340
I'm okay with that. It's a cartoon. Cartoon characters don't have to age. Bart Simpson is still 10 years old nearly 30 years later.
>>
File: 1499028506744.png (162KB, 374x337px) Image search: [Google]
1499028506744.png
162KB, 374x337px
>>33001269
>It's another SM anime hate thread.
Go fap to Shitrena.
>>
>>33001340
As far as the "anime", it's dumber than most US based "cartoons".Story with similar richness to Biker mice from mars or Thunder cats.
>>
Are all these people in denial, joking, or just ignorant I honestly can't tell, either way this makes me laugh, just like the Sun and Moon that is currently airing featuring the ever youthful Ash and Pikachu and liked by some people including myself.
>>
>>33001387
I agree. The new anime isn't really my thing, but I'm glad it exists. 20 years of one thing is enough. And I'm happy to see the writers reaching out to the neglected demographic of "toddlers who like cartoons about ugly children who make funny faces and don't have actual plots." It's important to be inclusive.
>>
>>33001361
Agree, the battles in Pokémon are the worst
>>
>>33001422
Indeed especially because they are the target audience who will have their parents buy the Merchandise and when they grow up will buy the games for themselves because they enjoyed the anime.
>>
>>33001269
It hasn't ended and won't end. SM is just a short generation and has a different art style. They will probably go beck the the old art style when gen 8 starts
>>
>>33001461
Let me guess, you also think Origins takes places in the Ashnime universe.
>>
>>33001452
Exactly! Kids these days are much dumber than those of 15-20 years ago, and it's important for the writers to take that into account. If they don't go 30 seconds without someone making a funny face, the little idiots will turn it off, and their parents won't buy merchandise for them to distract them from poking their eye out with a smartphone. Things like "plot" and "characterization" and "animation that isn't garbage" just don't work for kids as stupid as today's are. Good for the writers, for dispensing with any semblance of quality! Out with the old, in with the new!
>>
>>33001496
Autism
>>
>>33001513
Well, that's a part of it, but really it's just a sharp decline in children's intelligence, that required such drastic changes to the series. That's the only explanation I can think of, anyway. It certainly wasn't a desire to produce a better series.
>>
>>33001269
Nah, I watch Digimon, Beyblade, Yugioh are 1000 times better than pokeymon
>>
>>33001549
>Beyblade
What?
>>
>>33001496
Pokemon anime never has plot until the end when the evil teams appear, the S&M anime has more charcaterization than past series with most episodes spent learning more about the characters or seeing them develop, also its art style not animation and even then I understand why they changed it so that the characters are simpler so they are easier to draw and create unique and varied movements.
>>
File: IMG_20170711_160207.jpg (93KB, 637x518px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170711_160207.jpg
93KB, 637x518px
>>33001618
Yes Beyblade, with cute boys
>>
>>33001653
>never has plot until the end when the evil teams appear
The badges are plot. And in both Hoenn and Sinnoh, the evil team appeared early on. Plasma was supposed to show up very early in Unova but it was derailed by the earthquake. So far from "never," it's only very recently that there was no evil team plot until the end.
>>
>>33001724
That plot is formulaic besides S&M has the trials and what ever Tapu Koko is up to and all that, though I do admit that I would like something like what was originally intended with Plasma to happen but Aether probably won't reveal their the bad guy til the end like in the game and we have already seen Team Skull multiple times now.
>>
>>33001269
>xy
>forced romance
>ash companions are useless cheerleaders

heres your (you) son
>>
Can someone explain why the SM anime gets so much hate? I'm watching it and enjoying it quite a bit. But I also haven't watched the anime since AG.

Is it related to the "comedy relief owl" meme? Is it owlfags being butthurt Rowlet is used for silly jokes instead of being an edgy badass 360 nostring archer?
>>
>>33001290
#Not my anime
>>
>>33001346
>Show Totem Wishiwashi
>Don't show ominous thunderclouds
>Don't show Water Z-Move
>Don't show it battle at all or use any moves
>Don't even show Lapras getting freaked the fuck out
>SM apologists post it like it's appearance was a good thing
>>
Literally only redditors unironically enjoy SM. No, really.
>>
>>33001996
Yeah the only thing that is shown here is your autism.
>>
>>33001996
Why does the second one matter not like it controls the weather or anything, the third one won't happen because the Waterium Z is gained from the trial and you can't use the water Z-Move without it, fourthly did you miss the part where it tried to eat Pikachu, fifthly what Lapras?, it was good because it lead to an episode which we enjoyed even if you didn't like it others, such as myself, have different tastes and clearly those tastes lead to us enjoying it.
>>
>>33001283
You realize no matter what they do it will always be an ad, right?
>>
>>33002067
>Why does the second one matter not like it controls the weather or anything
Because it adds to the feeling of suspense. The game's did it way better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG6_T0ahs-U

>the third one won't happen because the Waterium Z is gained from the trial and you can't use the water Z-Move without it
And even after Lana got it she didn't practice using it and instead went "oh yeah this is cool desu"

>did you miss the part where it tried to eat Pikachu
That's not battling or using any moves. In the new movie Ash and Pikachu fell in the water and almost got eaten by a Gyarados but drifted right past it.

>fifthly what Lapras?

Lana's signature ride Pokemon, the one we saw in the first episode and her subsequent focus episodes. The one Lana uses for fishing. The same one you are seen riding on during the trial in the games.

>clearly those tastes lead to us enjoying it.
What the fuck are you even talking about faggot
>>
Pokemon is not in the real world like yw and digimon, for that reason i hate it
>>
Reminder that the SM anime is peak pokemon.
>>
>>33001870
Well I hate it because

>No plot at all
>Pacing is absolutely terrible
>There is a disproportionate balance of screentime for the entire cast
>Every other Pokemon that doesn't belong to Ash has no personality and if it does it's barely shown
>Severe lack of battles
>Extremely forced slapstick humor and gag faces
>Filler episodes masked as "development" episodes
>A lot of filler
>The anime remixes of the SM soundtrack are worse than the game version
>Art style is very jarring and Ash looks retarded and like he has down syndrome.
>Simplified character designs
>Extreme lack of anime exclusive locations with an even worse sense of exploration of the region
>Pokemon School is barely even touched upon besides short classroom meetings
>Butchering of characters, their traits, and personalities
>Z-Moves, the main gimmick, is barely shown off besides DYNAMIC FURU FURAMU and SPARKING GIGAVOLT
>>
>>33002175
Episode is incredibly overrated.
>>
>>33002190
Like every season
>>
>>33002190
So, aside from the faces and artstyle, literally every other season?
You could have just said you hated the anime period anon.
>>
>>33002141
First yes it adds to suspense its also something very petty to get mad about.

Second why would she practice with it she already did that before at Pokemon School in episode 25 and again it wasn't neccary and your just being petty

Thirdly why would it need to use moves when it could just eat them because its so big I'm pretty sure eating them is much more effective

Fourthly I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a Pokeball considering in episode 5 it was shown out the house why would she have it their if she can keep it a Pokeball.

Fifthly I was saying just because you dislike something doesn't mean other people don't like it.

And I'm wondering why I'm doing this considering its waste of time and I don't care if you like the show or not I must be bored. If your going to complain complain about how Team Rocket were useless, how it took to long to get to the Wishi-Washi, or how the classmate were shown for no reason.
>>
>>33001996
>8 years old me watching the original anime
>takes tons of liberties and deviates from the game
>still enjoyed it without comparing the two
>fast forward to BW
>constantly comparing the two and getting annoyed when x event from the game didn't happen
>eventually stop watching
>fast forward to SM
>some mild disappointment at what could have been but still enjoy it for what it is

I've gone full circle. I'm too old for this shit.
>>
>>33001491
No
>>
>>33002198
Disagree. It was very well done.
One of the pros of staying in one place is that it's able to do much better worldbuilding and setting development, and this is a very good example of using that to it's fullest advantage.
>>
>>33001290
>>33001306
It's more like a spinoff, the more you think about it.
>>33001269
Only pre-BW
>>
>>33002261
Maybe most of it comes from the complete mood whiplash though.
>>
>>33002228
>>33002208

If this was the case every other season I wouldn't have started having a problem with it by the time SM came around.

Faggots
>>
>>33002239
>Second why would she practice with it she already did that before at Pokemon School in episode 25
No she didn't. They were just learning the poses for each type.
>>
>>33002315
Maybe you just suppressed it all this time. Or maybe you're in a bad mood now. I don't know what goes on in your crazy head.
>>
Nobody cares an anime for Pokemon only manchildren
>>
File: IMG_0163.jpg (308KB, 1920x1081px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0163.jpg
308KB, 1920x1081px
>>33001269
When did they cancel it?
>>
>>33002239
>First yes it adds to suspense its also something very petty to get mad about.
No it's not. If it's not suspenseful it's not entertaining to watch. There's no reason to be on edge and get engaged.

>Second why would she practice with it she already did that before at Pokemon School in episode 25
She learned the pose, she didn't practice it. She can't practice it if she doesn't own the Z-Ring or Z-Crystal.

>Thirdly why would it need to use moves
Because it's a Totem Trial and you battle in Trials. It can't eat anything if they aren't in the water which is why it only ever did anything when Popplio got in the water.

>Fourthly I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a Pokeball
Ride Pokemon have PokeBalls

>Fifthly I was saying just because you dislike something doesn't mean other people don't like it.
And I never said that you couldn't like it, I was saying that apologists like you parade and act like it was good when it wasn't. At all. Literally 75% of the episode was Lana struggling to reel it in.

>If your going to complain complain about how Team Rocket were useless, how it took to long to get to the Wishi-Washi, or how the classmate were shown for no reason.
So if you realize the episode wasn't good why are you defending it?
>>
>>33002382
If I like it its good for me, and just because it has some problems doesn't mean I don't like it nothing is perfect but I still find it entertaining.
>>
>>33002208
>>33002228
>Implying anime remixes OST of other season were worse than the game version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48S_q42YQkw
jej newfags
>>
>>33002413
I don't think they're bad, but if he thinks they're bad now then he must have thought they were bad before because the quality is the same as the past 5 regions at the least
>>
Shinji Miyazaky is like a massage therapist for my ears.
>>
>>33002437
I like Pokemon S&M but even I must agree that the anime is vastly different to other series, its just I like the changes more than other people.
>>
>>33002382
*too
>>
SM's supporting cast is the best it's been since when Brock still existed. Too bad they barely get used.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.