[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 21

File: IMG_20170711_160346.jpg (2MB, 900x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170711_160346.jpg
2MB, 900x3000px
This
>>
>>33000719
XY was amazing
>>
>>33000719
>and much more
There isn't any more
>>
>>33000719
>>33000725
This. Sun Moon felt like just an elaboration in XY
>>
>>33000719
That's a lot of cherrypicking, straw-grasping and lying by omission.
>>
>>33000719
PREACH !

>inb4 salty unovabortion
>>
>>33000719
I weren't so good, but better than people here remember, and better than SM above all.
>>
>First game to be in 3D
that's not really a pro or con, that's just a thing that would eventually happen
>>
>>33000745
>I weren't so good
They*
>>
I hate it when fans try to make any series sound deeper than it actually is, also Team Flare is boring for me I can't even remember the Admins, the Legendaries are at their worst just being shoved into the plot at the last second, and I personally didn't find any of the Elite Four or Diantha interesting, of course this is just my opinion.
>>
XY introduced a lot of nice things, but ORAS retains almost all of that while still adding its own unique features, like Dexnav and Secret Bases. And while subjective, a lot of people seem to prefer Hoenn to Kalos. The only reason to play XY over them for a Gen VI game is if you really liked trainer customization that much.
They're still pretty good games, and I thought they were above average gen-starters. A lot of flaws, but they're not terrible like most of the fans make it out to be.
>>
No. The evil team was by far the worst in the series and AZ was a useless character that barely appears in the game. Don't forget about the friends you have that were also by far the worst in the series. The game was extremely easy, not many new pokemon, and some themes like the gym leader theme were bland.
>>
>>33000779
XY did give us a lot of good additions, but it wasn't a great game due to the additions.
>>
>>33000726
Really? Did you play the game?
>>
>>33000719
I agree with the general point, but this image is asinine.
>>
>>33000719
>the biggest pokédex of all
And that's why they made just few new pokemon. Just for they can introduce more old pokemon because muh nostalgia.
455 pokemon but only 72 were new.
>>
File: 1472599566555.jpg (45KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1472599566555.jpg
45KB, 512x512px
>implying the 3d wasn't badly handled
>implying the amie wasn't a waste of time
>implying a big pokedex is something good
>implying mega evolution wasn't a unbalanced mechanic who ruined even more the already unbalanced metagame
>implying sky battles weren't mistakes
>facebook meme
>>
>>33000719
... Richard...?
>>
I'll agree and disagree
X and Y did a lot of things right and wrong.
>>
>>33000719
Only pokemon games I couldn't finish.
>>
>>33000813
>implying the amie wasn't a waste of time
It wasn't.
>implying a big pokedex is something good
It is.
>implying mega evolution wasn't a unbalanced mechanic who ruined even more the already unbalanced metagame
It was fine.
>implying sky battles weren't mistakes
They were optional.
>>
>>33000779
>The evil team was by far the worst in the serie
Thats not Team Skull
>>
>>33000719

72 new Pokémon.
>>
>>33000833
>They were optional

You know what isn't fucking optional? Having shit like Xatu and Skarmory forever gliding in place like an idiot as their model for what's probably gonna be forever. Fuck Sky Battles.
>>
>>33000836
team skul was fineish
now, team aqua and magma...
>>
>>33000719
>first game in 3D
So what? All future games will be in 3D too while having more content
>best online
SM has better online
>introduction of Amie
So what? All future games will have Amie too while having more content
>Now u can train and see EVs stats
Done better in SM
>the Biggest Pokedex of all
SM's pokedex is bigger by virtue of having more pokemon
>Introduction of Customization
So what? All future games will have customization too while having more content
>Brand new mechanic
It's also in SM and in all future games
>Brand new type
It's also in SM and in all future games
>And much more
Such as?

What a shitty picture.
>>
>>33000833

72 new Pokémon isn't big number.

156 or 179 new Pokémon would have been better.
>>
>>33000852
I don't even like XY but you're retarded if you think Festival Shit is better than the PSS
>>
>>33000852

>SM's pokedex is bigger by virtue of having more pokemon

81 new Pokémon isn't nothing special.
>>
I didn't like the large dex, though. I legit prefer to see Bunnelby and Diggersby on every route instead of only one, maybe two. Makes the region feel more alive.
>>
>>33000868
Still a bigger dex than XY.
>>
>>33000852

Gen 1- 151
Gen 2 - 251
Gen 3 - 386
Gen 4 - 493
Gen 5- 649
Gen 6 - 721
Gen 7- 802
>>
>>33000882

81...wow!?

That's nothing
>>
>>33000845
Honestly that just doesn't bother me. Maybe you should relax a bit and not let insignificant stuff like that make you upset. You'll probably be a lot happier!
>>
>>33000833
>It wasn't
It wasn't a wasted of time because of the small bonus it gave you ? because you could get closer to your favorite 0 and 1 ? Or it was because you could finally touch your waif's breast ?
>It is
a big pokedex has no value because at the end of the day you'll end up able to have all the pokemon, it's a non-argument
>It was fine
Making pokemon so powerful that a team can't make it without isn't fine
>They were optional.
I guess if I fill you rgame with optional shit, so much that there's no more plac efor the real game, you won't complain, because it was optional
>>
>>33000903
>having some Pokemon have shit models because of a shitty battle mode no one liked doesn't bother you

Just because you don't care doesn't make it insignificant, especially when its the representation of multiple Pokemon that affects generations past gen 6. I mean it's not like how the Pokemon in a Pokemon game are represented matters, right?
>>
File: and listen well.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
and listen well.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
It went downhill from gen V onwards, but even if gen VI was subpar it wasn't, by all means, the worst

no, that title goes to gen IV
>>
>>33000932
Literally every pokemon negatively affected by it are pokemon that nobody gave a fuck about anyway.
>>
>>33000951
>I don't give a fuck about those Pokemon, therefore no one gives a fuck about them!

Get your head out of your own ass
>>
>>33000943

I rather have 107 new Pokémon than 81 or 72 new Pokémon anyday.
>>
>>33000868
>>33000900
>>33000965
It's so irritating when people say this. If you count the other Lycanroc and Oricorio formes, the two new Zygarde formes, and the regional variants, there's actually 105 new Pokemon in SM. And don't tell me that they don't count because if they were introduced in before Gen 5 they would have definitely gotten separate dex numbers.
>>
Just wondering, are >>33000912
and >>33000932 the same person? Because the "Pokémon Amie is useless" argument is totally inconsistent with the "how Pokémon are represented matters" argument.
>>
>>33000970
No, I am not that person. I actually think Amie is a good addition
>>
File: cute.gif (268KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
cute.gif
268KB, 500x281px
SunMoon>XY&ORAS
>>
>>33000968

Alternative forms don't count as new Pokémon.

This is undeniable fact.
>>
>>33000987

It has more new Pokémon than XY.
>>
>>33000719
Pokémon X and Y were nice for competitive battling and wifi stuff, I guess, but the story was terrible, the game looked bad, the characters were useless, no post game, the new Pokémon were lackluster, etc.
>>
>>33000989
Where's your argument?
>>
>>33000989
It does for the Regional Variation when their Types, moves, abilities, stats, and appearance are different requiring just as much work as new Pokemon minus the time it takes the think up a name.
>>
>>33001002

Alola forms are lackluster.
>>
File: 250px-392Infernape.png (71KB, 535x265px) Image search: [Google]
250px-392Infernape.png
71KB, 535x265px
>>33000965
no
even if by far the pokemon additions isn't remotedly close to the worse things gen IV did it also has a lot of critique coming for that

go eat an absolute shit, almost all the new pokemon had terrible designs. Because they weren't limited anymore by the power of the console they went waaaaaaay overboard with adding stupid unnecessary details to the pokemon, resulting in amalgamations of colors with not fucking sense, pic realted for a quick example of what I mean.
But the biggest offense with the pokemon are the two following

A lot of new pokemon are evolutions of previously existing pokemon. Granted this isn't as infuriating as the epitome of "why the fuck do you even exist?" that are the baby pokemon introduced in gen II but still not a good example of creativity
The pokedex balance is PATHETIC, to make it brief just tell me how many fire pokemon were added.

the pokemon added isn't the worse offense of gen IV, but its still an offense
>>
>>33001011

That doesn't matter. Only new Pokémon matter. Not alternative forms.
>>
>>33001000
so?
>>
>>33001019

I don't understand how some people like you play Pokémon but want less new Pokémon?
What's wrong with you?

Why do you call yourself a Pokémon fan?
>>
>>33001020
You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>33001022

That it. It has more new Pokémon than XY. I don't care about the game. I care about the Pokémon in the Game.
>>
>>33001036

You're infinitely retarded, if you think anything else matter more than new Pokémon.
>>
>>33001036

Nothing else matter more than new Pokémon.

Region doesn't matter.
Generation doesn't matter.
NPC doesn't matter.

Only new Pokémon matter.
>>
>>33000719
a game having a lot of features isn't the same thing as a game being good. i enjoyed xy more than most on this board, but cmon. you're not addressing the complaints that make people say they're bad, just pointing out a couple good things, some okay things, and some irrelevant lore and fan interpretations of that lore.
>>
>>33001029
what the fuck does that even have to do with anything

I'm a true pokemon fan, way more than you, because you can't comprehend anything besides "NEW POKEMON, YAY!" and with your "more is better" mentality do not understand the badness of gen IV by analyzing things like:
-Level design
-Balance
-Difficulty curve
-Usefulness and utility (more precisely "what place does this pokemon occupy and purpose serves in the game?")
-Game design
-Plot and writing
-pacing
and also the music is atrocious, specially in HGSS

you have no fucking idea, you stupid plebeian, no fucking idea of how deep my passion for these games are, specially compared to casuals like you, don't underestimated concentrated autism
go back to play GO in your phone
>>
>>33000836
skull was fun in the context of the game i thought. they weren't extremely threatening or compelling, but their general attitude and interactions with other characters were enough to make it work for me.
>>
You motherfuckers stop answering to the guy who is saying that only new pokemon matter

he is either trolling or fucking insane

stop assap answering him
>>
>>33001076
>and also the music is atrocious, especially in HGSS
imagine having taste this bad
>>
>>33001076

You're not a true Pokémon fan.

You're just the fan of the game.
Not the Pokémon species themselves.
>>
>>33000968
>And don't tell me that they don't count because if they were introduced in before Gen 5 they would have definitely gotten separate dex numbers.
Gastrodon doesn't have separate dex numbers.
Deoxys doesn't either.
Neither does Castform.
Neither does Giratina.
Neither does Rotom.
>>
>>33001076

None of that matter. New Pokémon are what most important.

I play Pokémon because of the Pokémon species.

I don't play Pokémon for features.
I don't play Pokémon for battles.
I don't play Pokémon for it's story.

I play Pokémon because of the Pokémon species.

Only they truly matters.
>>
>>33001112
i think rotom is the only one on that list that legitimately supports your point because its type is changed (castform doesn't count since it's an in-battle transformation so there's no conceivable way it would have different dex numbers).

however, one example is enough in this case imo. you're probably right.
>>
File: bust2.jpg (36KB, 384x246px) Image search: [Google]
bust2.jpg
36KB, 384x246px
>>33000852
>SM has better online
>festival plaza
>>
File: Ethan.jpg (21KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ethan.jpg
21KB, 240x240px
>>33001095
Not that anon but I much preferred the 8-bit renditions to the remixes. Had GB Sounds on all the time as soon as I unlocked it, even if it's not 100% faithful to the original tracks.
>>
When it said "stop this meme" I assumed it was referring to the previous statements.
>>
>>33001095
compare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM

look how it was butchered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBIPHpy3yk0
what the fuck is that with that intro? The notes also sound jarring

and this shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q6y5Vhz_o4
why the fuck did they have to add extra notes in between?

Like in all games, gen IV had some really good songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWKA-JGA-3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXefFHRgyE0

But then there is this pice of shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD73ZEmjmVE
I will never comprehend why this exist

and most of the rest of it? forgettable

compared to the rest of the series gen IV has the worst music, no doubt
>>
>>33001127
Then just buy yourself a pokedex, dont buy the game faggot
>>
>>33001151
Nice pasta.
>>
File: HA HA HA HA HA.jpg (44KB, 444x226px) Image search: [Google]
HA HA HA HA HA.jpg
44KB, 444x226px
>>33001160
>btfo so hard he thinks is pasta
>>
>>33000836
Team Skull functioned perfectly fine as the red herring they ended up being. They weren't even the main threat but they still got more done than the Rocket remnants in GS.
>>
>>33001151
I honestly thought the ominous and intense music for Arceus was great, it's not just a bidoof on route 66 or something, and even the concept of facing it goes against everything you know in the game, so it makes sense the music should be unconventional too.

Maybe I don't take Pokemon seriously enough. Almost all the arguments here I never understand because I like almost everything. :(
>>
>>33001155

Why do you like you even exist?

What matters more than new Pokémon when it comes to Pokémon?!

Nothing..else. Only new Pokémon matter.
>>
>>33001178
Guess you never buy remakes or "third games" then
>>
>>33001091
A reminder to everyone in this thread.
>>
File: tenor.gif (320KB, 294x342px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
320KB, 294x342px
After reading all this crap ITT
>>
>>33001155

I play Pokémon for the Pokémon species.

I'm actual fan of the Pokémon species.

You're just a fan of the game.
Not the Pokémon species themselves.
>>
>>33000719
DP were the first 3D games
>>
>>33001187

They have Pokémon in them right?
>>
>>33001174
they didnt do ANYTHING significant, ANYTHING. They just served as Aether foundation lackeys, thats all, not to mention Aether employes had better Pokemon

Team Skull is just a comic relief.
>>
>>33001202
Not new ones
>>
>>33001187

Seriously, what most important is the Pokémon species.

Not gameplay. Not the story. Not the features.

Pokémon.
>>
>>33001203
They took over an entire city. That's a pretty big feat even compared to actual villain teams, and they were just a diversion.
>>
>>33001210

Hoopa was in ORAS.
>>
>>33001177
no man, that was terrible, it should have been a very memorable music that conveys a feeling of powerfulness

examine for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_BRW5S0Ys
it really puts you into the feeling of battling a powerful alien being

or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn8_Q27WFY
the violin shows prominently as an intrument that isn't in the rest of the songs and really brings how the opponent in front is something new, while the ascending pace gives you the illusion of acceleration and being fast, which mixes well with the last pokemon used by Zinnia, mega Salamance

No, arceus theme is terrible and admitting to be a fucking newfag casual won't save you from criticism
>>
>>33001202
>>33001226
stop answering the retard, refer to >>33001091
>>
>>33001216
Taking over a ruined town is hardly a "feat"
>>
>>33001243

I don't understand why some people play Pokémon games if the Pokémon species isn't most important to them.

What's most important?

Pokémon or a Region?
>>
reminder
>>33001091
reminder
>>
>33001260
(You)
>>
So You people care more about a feature than the Pokémon species themselves?
>>
>>33000719
All of the new features that were introduced in XY were improved/expanded upon in ORAS.

ORAS by far was the best game for Gen VI. I know the lack of a battle frontier hurts, but it just did so many things right. Sun/Moon was a complete step backwards for the series.
>>
File: file.png (19KB, 299x100px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
19KB, 299x100px
>>33001234
I'm listening to that right now actually. It's great!
battle Zinnia is a fantastic track too, I think it was amazing and gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it. What I think makes Battle! Arceus a good track is because it tries to do something different and, in my opinion, does it pretty good. Is it not appropriate to have a really abstract song play for a being as powerful as Arceus? It's not something I would listen to repeatedly, but for what is supposed to be a short battle you don't need to stick around for multiple loops of it. It's spooky and ominous like the Pokemon it goes with, and I think that while it's not a conventional Pokemon track it still did its job okay.

>admitting to be a fucking newfag casual won't save you from criticism
I don't know why you feel the need to be angry because I like something you don't. Just calm down, man. ;-;
>>
>>33001286

So...People care more about battle frontier than the Pokémon species themselves?

Sad.

:(

This is why the Pokémon Fan Base sucks..
>>
>>33000719
Holy shit this is pure faggotry autism right here
>>
>>33000719

I'm only person on this website who actually get excited about new Pokémon rather have battle frontier, alternative forms or gyms or etc.

This fan base sucks..
>>
>>33001341
Everyone gets excited about new pokemon.... But at the end of the day people are playing a video game where they want cool features that make no sense not being in the game you soggy vagina
>>
>>33000900
Nor is 69, which is what X and Y introduced.
Get fucked nigger
>>
>>33001341
go be a faggot somewhere else.
>>
File: sheep.jpg (40KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
sheep.jpg
40KB, 400x300px
>>33000719
>Most forgettable gym leaders
>Worst team overall
>The obvious signs of x/y being a god damn rushed beta test
>Gen 1 pandering before the 20th anniversary, so when the actual pandering is supposed to be "justified" it feels tacked on and forced
>FRAMERATE DROPS
>Worst """"""""""""rivals""""""""""""""
>Sky battle models ruining a number of pokemon
How delusional must one person be? This is fucking sad.
>>
>>33001349

features comes and go. Pokémon are forever.

End of the day, only Pokémon matter.
>>
>>33001256
The city wasn't ruined before they got there.
>>
>>33001352

72 new Pokémon were introduced in XY
>>
>>33000968
Fine then let's count Mega Evolutions and Primals into XY dex :)
>>
>>33001378
Have you always been a giant pussy?
>>
>>33001354

You're mad, cause I telling the truth.
None of you get excited over thought of new Pokémon. You fools care more about a fucking feature than the Pokémon species themselves.
>>
Why are you fucking autists still responding to the obviously baiting faggot
>>
>>33001406
This your first time here? whenever a pokemon gets revealed through corocoro or the youtube channel this board explodes stop being a faggot
>>
>>33001402

I don't care about features. I care about the Pokémon species themselves.

I want more new Pokémon. This is why I contiune buy Pokémon games for new Pokémon.

Forget about features. Only the Pokémon species themselves matter.
>>
>>33001389
proof?
>>
>>33001374
>>Sky battle models ruining a number of pokemon
nice meme
>>
>>33001414

For 1 week then you guys forget. The new Pokémon like their shit or something.

They are main reason why I continue to buy the Pokémon games.

Not for a fucking feature.

Pokémon. Not a feature.
>>
>>33001076
this
can we be friends?
>>
>>33000719
I don't care about the shitposting, these are my favorite Pokemon games.
>>
>>33001151
>imagine being so dead inside you couldn´t enjoy
arceus battle because the music wasn´t good
yes faggot the music isn´t good for replay, but it fit arceus perfectly
you also have an horrible taste for music, please kill yourself
>>
Jesus fucking christ, it's like you people don't know what opinions are. If you wanna like gen 6, fucking lite it. If you hate gen 6, hate it. Same goes for every gen.

Every gen has something to offer.
Every gen has something to hate.
Every gen has highs.
Every gen has lows.
Every gen has good pokemon.
Evey gen has bad pokemon.

Fuck, there are 800+ pokemon, there are a lot of choices for taste there. There are ow 7 gens worth of games. Like what you like and play it. Hate what you hate and don't.
>>
>>33001612
>Evey gen has bad pokemon
delet this evey has flawless designs
>>
>>33001586
>imagine being so dead inside you couldn´t enjoy arceus battle because the music wasn´t good *
>>
>>33001612

I never had a problem with a generation before the 6th generation and 7th generation of Pokémon.

I don't like them because they introduce less new Pokémon.

I buy the Pokémon games to get more new Pokémon Not less new Pokémon.
>>
>>33001646
Then don't buy them?

No one forces you to. Grow up.
>>
>>33000968
>Pikachu has 6 different hats
>6 new pokemon
>>
>>33001291
>does it pretty good.
no senpai, its trumpet farting. There could have been much better ways of conveying a feeling of "its a powerful being way different from any other enemy you have ever faced" but not with a lazy track with two sounds repeating and some drums over and over again

Giratina had a great music for conveying the spooky and ominous style, Arceus is banging in your head repeatedly
you have shit taste, fuck off
>>
>>33000725
amazingly mediocre.
>>
>>33001394
fine by me
>>
>>33001612
spoken like a true stupid casual

>I have no fucking idea or knowledge of the games, so I'll make the most half assed possible opinion: a "EVERYONE IS VALID! STOP FIGHTING!"

no anon, the middle point isn't right, there is literally nothing wrong with discussion in a board dedicated to discussion, come back when you have some true opinions and something to offer to the conversation
>>
>>33001731
I'm not saying it did good as music, I'm saying it did good for what it was doing differently, which was being an unconventional "not-music" track.
>you have shit taste, fuck off
Was that really necessary? Do you think it makes your point any stronger to use big-kid words after everything? Stop being a child.
>>
>>33000719
>the biggest pokedex of them all
It's a double edge sword. Yeah theres a shitton of variety, even in the early game, but this also means you may not even see the pokemon that you want due to % rates and the sheer number of mons. I didn't even know some pokemon were in the Kalos dex until I looked up who was. Like you don't fight any trainer with a Gligar or Gliscor in the game, as well as Arbok, but you can only encounter them in horde battes on a one off route.

>first game to be in 3D
doesn't mean anything. Something being in 3D doesn't automatically make it better.

>brand new mechanic
All games introduce new mechanics.

>and much more
codeword for "thats all fokls"
>>
>>33001751
>I admit it isn't good music but I'll still defend it
how stupid can you be

fuck off already, are you getting alarmed for seeing so many curse words? go back the safe website that you crawled for, cocksucking mongoloid
>>
>>33001750
>getting this rectally ravaged.

Did you miss your naptime today, kiddo?

Fuck off until you can actually refute something and not just throw buzzwords around. And for the record, that isn't what was said. At all. What was said was: like whatever the fuck you want. Hate whatever the fuck you want. What makes a "good game" good is subjective since opinions are subjective.

You'd fucking realize that if you weren't such a fucking miserable cum chugging cunt.
>>
>>33001750
but anon, if people have a discussion they might find a common ground!
>>
>>33001776
Stop being so butthurt because someone likes a song you didn't. Are you really that pathetic? Getting so eternally assblasted on the internet because of a fucking DS midi file?
>>
>>33001726

Pokémon is rated E for all ages.

Grow-ups play Pokémon too, idiot.
>>
>>33001781
>opinions are subjective
nah
you are wrong
>>
Calm down desu
Lots of trolls itt
>>
File: 1463389502243.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1463389502243.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>33001797
see pic

>>33001801
Oh, ok. I get it now. You're just le epic 4chin troll. Got it. Enjoy your (you).
>>
>>33001726

Have Fun playing Pokémon with less new Pokémon in it.

Let's see, How exciting that is.

I rather buy Pokémon with a lot of new Pokémon anyway.
>>
>>33001781
holy shit, after getting BTFO did you just try to call me rectally ravaged before getting rectally ravaged yourself and resort to insulting. Also, why the fuck you are repeating your point? The reason I called your opinion shit is not because it wasn't understood but because your opinion is shit and you are wrong
>good is subjective
fucking wrong

you must be mentally ill if you can't comprehend any of the words in my post to the point of calling them buzzwords, there isn't a single one that can't be understood by a person with average IQ

but of course, you don't fit that range. you are clearly retarded
>>
>>33001830
>I rather buy Pokémon with a lot of new Pokémon anyway.
And not everyone plays the games for that one feature and that feature alone, you drooling mongoloid.
>>
>>33001823

I don't see how you can be oh ok with less new Pokémon being introduced?

do you truly love the Pokémon species or just a fan of the game rather the Pokémon species themselves?
>>
>>33001823
>Oh, ok. I get it now. You're just le epic 4chin troll. Got it. Enjoy your (you).
My dear retarded anon, I´m not >>33001750 , just correcting your stupidity
>>
>>33000739
Sun Moon really needed PSS and Super Training. I like how there's no loading between areas in the Kalos overworld. Alola is too much for the 3DS, but Kalos was made with the 3DS in mind.
>>
>>33001859
don't bother, he is stupid
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>33001839
Your retard mental gymnastics are Olympic caliber, anon.

It's astounding that someone is so retarded they don't understand opinions.

>>33001858
because there are other features to get excited over, not just new pokemon. Your retardation is profound.
>>
>>33001845

So..what You saying?!..
You care more about other things than the Pokémon species themselves?

You're not a true Pokémon fan of the Pokémon species
>>
>>33001863
>Super Training
Pleb, SOS chain is better
>>
>>33001883

Nothing else is more exciting than new Pokémon, you fool. I knew you were fake fan of the Pokémon species.
>>
>>33001884
>>33001894

What species of wetback or Europoor are you?
>>
>>33001883

I knew you care about a feature than about the Pokémon species themselves.

You're fan of the game but not of the Pokémon species themselves.
>>
>>33000791
Yes. Did you?
>>
>>33001906

Racism isn't important. Hating on someone else race is stupid.

Pokémon are what's most important in Pokémon.
>>
>>33001151
>route 216
>forgettable music
fug u,
>>
>>33000719
I'll agree that XY is pretty welcoming for newcomers and for those who haven't played since gen 1 or 2. The huge Pokedex is probably XY's best and worst aspect at once, as the 450+ dex makes it so you can build different teams every time and no two routes feature the same Pokemon very often, but it also means the few new Pokemon are overshadowed by all the previous ones.
>>
>>33001919
Answer the question.

Wetback
Europoor
All-purpose raghead.

You fall into one of those categories which explains why you talk like the retard you are.
>>
>>33001883
because opinions are not arguments

opinions are what retards who have no knowledge use in discussions because they know nothing of the subject and thus have nothing of value to add. When confronted with a "that's fucking retarded" like you just did they just go with "that's an opinion!" because they don't want to admit being wrong

are you perhaps a girl? because this kind of shit is what I've seen a lot of women do when they try to fit in with groups that they have no fucking idea about, like the "I'm a gamer guuurl!" kind
>>
>>33001937
So now you've resorted to grasping at straws.

Wew fuckin lad.
You are all sorts of stupid, aren't you?
Your stupid ass is probably dumb enough to answer that. Don't.
>>
>>33001924
come on senpai, at least all me on route 209

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqsgB2TZ9Ks

but as I said, there are some good tracks on gen IV, but not as many as the rest of gens. Once again, specially the case of HGSS
>>
Gen IV is literally the dark ages of pokemon, stale reskins of earlier games often worse than better (Hgss)
>>
>>33000719
If XY were the first game GF ever published they would be marvel of ingenuity and creativity.

Sadly they're like 11th in line and way below what 18 years of experience should look like.
>>
>>33001949
grasping at straws? I straight up brought how you clearly tried to pass opinions as arguments and that's what dumbdasses with no knowledge do. That's not grasping at straws, that's pointing out your imbecility straight out. perhaps you say it because of the girl thing, but I should have known an idiot wouldn't know reading and comprehension

anyone who reads this thread can tell that you are desperately trying to do appeal to fallacies to save face but still can't make a fucking point relevant to the discussion so I don't need to convince anyone at this point. You have no fucking clue of what we are talking about, you brought stupid opinion and you are trying to look clever when people told you that your opinion is stupid, backfiring terribly

shit nigga, I've just realized that you keep falling to the bait of the guy who is spamming the "new pokemon!!" you are dumber than a rock, have fun
>>
>>33000719

Team Flare were the worst Pokemon villains of all time. Lysandre's plan barely made sense. He wanted to kill everyone and Y and make everyone immortal in X...okay? They didn't do anything with the scientists which actually had potential. Lydandre's flying insect machine thing was never explained nor did it do anything.

AZ was handed terribly. He showed up out of nowhere, didn't do much and then disappeared. Nobody in the game cared that a giant man that was apparently the ancient king of Kalos appeared.

The gaggle of "friends" outside of Serena/Calem were just obnoxious and had no purpose. No personality, not fun to battle, shit designs. And at the end of the game they all get rewarded as if they did anything of value.

And let's not forget the lack of post-game and obviously unfinished areas.

GF knew it was so bad that they dropped Z, put Zygarde in SM and got it over with.
>>
>>33001983
You have completely missed the mark on every reply you've typed out.

Every. Single. One.

Keep shitposting though. You're giving me a good laugh.
>>
>>33001986
Team flare wasn't bad, but I despise more team galaxy

their plan didn't make fucking sense either, but the bad thing was how their plot involvement was a complete recycle of the previous game of "awaken ancient pokemon and use its power!---oh shit it backfired!"
Team flare did something different, it wasn't great, but it was something different
>>
>>33000965

I rather have 81 well-designed Pokemon than 107 hideous pieces of shit bloated with legendaries and pre-evos like in Gen 4.
>>
>>33001986
>Team Flare were the worst Pokemon villains of all time.
>In a world where team magma and aqua exists
Stopped reading right there
>>
File: 1499335648002.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499335648002.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>This thread
>>
>>33002006

Team Magma and Aqua at least had good designs and personalities in ORAS. And expanding the sea and land make a lot more sense than "kill everyone that's ugly and poor" or "make everyone I don't like immortal".
>>
>>33002007
what´s that suppose to mean?
>>
>>33002031

Disgust at the amount of people defending XY
>>
>>33002045
oh well, then stay mad and remain mad
>>
>>33002080

Why would I be mad? Gen 6 is over and dead, and didn't even get a third version unlike every other gen in the series.
>>
>>33002019
>And expanding the sea and land make a lot more sense than "kill everyone that's ugly and poor" or "make everyone I don't like immortal".
Wow you're actually retarded
>>
>>33002045
nah fuck you
>>
>>33002094

You sure proved me wrong.
>>
>>33002093
because gen IV got a third version and still was worse gen than VI
>>
>>33002103

Only worse in terms of Pokemon design. Everything else was better than XY.
>>
>>33002101
Why try when you wouldn't understand ?
>>
>>33002153

You actually think expanding the land is a worse plan than making everyone in the world immortal?
>>
>>33002122
no it wasn't
I would write an entire list of why gen IV sucks but I'm not a stupid memer who wants upvotes in redit, so let me just point out some

>level design
Gen IV has the worst case of HM over inflation of all gens to the point that I only need to mention rockclimb to cause rage to everyone who has played those games. Then you got the routes that are just a complete pain in the ass to travel or just repetitive, MT coronet being the most obvious, but infamously memorable are the routes with swamp terrain and the snowy route that would have been cool had it not been for reducing your visibility to zero while making you go at crawl pace

>balance
The difficulty curve is a fucking joke. They had to resort to bosses having cheating enemies (a skunktank and purugly grossly underleveled and other pokemon knowing moves they shouldn't). Pokemon platinum fixed this, but it doesn't mean it can be denied that D&P did it terribly. It is true that gen VI is so fucking easy it hurts, but that's easily fixed by turning off the exp share (turning it into one of the most difficult games to nuzlocke ever), but Gen IV difficulty comes from faulty design that can't be fixed

>Movepools
almost all pokemon have the worst movepool possible in existence when leveling, being fucking useless during a normal game.
Look at the leveling movepool of toxicroak and just cry, it doesn't learn a single fighting attack

>single use hidden machines
do I need to say anything?

>graphics
the fact that I've seen firered hacks that mimic almost perfectly the graphics of gen IV makes it a fucking joke.Although I don't give much shit about this so whatever

>speed
it is painful how slow the HP bar goes down and the animation of some attacks. Fixed in platinum

>music
refer to >>33001151
>>
>>33000719
>the man who loved pokémon with all his heart
Sorry OP but this place is not like that. Here you can find only lost souls that despise everything and cannot find joy in life even if they wanted to.
And I mean all of 4chan, not only this board.
>>
>>33000719
Bumping this just to cause butthurt in the complainers about pidgey in route 1
>>
>>33000719
The most fun I've had with a Pokemon game was with X and Y. Breeding was dead easy, the online was great and it was generally a fun time. Everything since has been garbage. ORAS was soulless, Sun and Moon was DUDE REMEMBER KANTO the game.

Shame they're the most cucked generation of games. Made redundant a year later, no 3rd game / director's cut / sequels. I'd gladly take those over the faggotshit that is SM.
>>
>>33002475
>ORAS was soulless
the fuck does that even mean

I didn't like ORAS, but that comment doesn't make any fucking sense
>>
>>33002548
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define+soulless

Two seconds away from an answer retard
>>
>>33002569
no you faggot, don't skip your responsibility of explaining your shitty ambiguous opinion
>>
>>33001726
Who said i did?
>>
>>33002596
>I don't know the definition to simple English words, better just deflect

I want summer to end
>>
>>33002669
you are the one deflecting

souless used to define a videogame is ambiguous as fuck. Is like I said something is bland or uninspired

OF COURSE EVERYONE KNOWS THE MEANING OF THOSE WORDS YOU ABSOLUTE CUNT

but they don't explain anything you motherfucker
>>
>>33002711
There is nothing ambiguous about the word soulless unless you're ESL or an actual fucking retard.

Bland and uninspired are also not ambiguous. Seriously brush up on your English before posting anymore you complete fucking faggot.
>>
>>33000726
>>33001764
>codeword for "thats all folks"

>What is Friend Safari?
>What is O-powers?
>What is PR Studios?
>What is the Berry Field?
>What is Sky Battles?
>What is the Horde Encounters?
>What is Inverse Battles?
>What is the breeding improvement?
>What is the GTS improvement?
>What is rideables pokémon?
>What is Wonder Trade?
>What is language options?
>What is Battle Institute?
>What is Photo Spot?
>What is diagonal movement?
>What is icon sprites inprovement?
>What is one of the best music collection of the entire series?

kek
>>
>>33002003
their plan didn't make sense because Cyrus was lying to them the entire time. Cyrus didn't give one fuck about his team, he just was using them so he could be all autistic in his own little world.
>>
>>33002475

ORAS was XY with a better region, better characters and more content.
>>
File: 250px-016Pidgey.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-016Pidgey.png
53KB, 250x250px
B U M P
>>
>>33003075

>Friend Safari
Sure
>O-Powers
You realize those were in BW first, right?
>PR Studios
How desperate are you to name this worthless feature?
>Berry field
Wow an area where you plant berries, so interesting
>Sky battles
Garbage
>Horde encounters
Lag out the ass
>Rideable Pokemon
Only in specific small areas, and it shit like Rhyhorn and Mamoswine are fucking slow and clunky.
>Language options
Being able to pick the language at the beginning of the game is gameplay content now?
>Photo spot
HGSS already had that
>icon sprites improvement
Graphic upgrades is not a feature, it's to be expected
Subjective
>>
>>33000719
Eh, X and Y barely introduced any good new pokemon, and the "rivals" were fucking obnoxious.
>>
>>33000852
>So what? All future games will have customization too while having more content

>he didn't play ORAS and SM
>>
>>33000719
I really enjoyed x and y. Actually more than Sun and Moon even though I enjoyed them as well
>>
File: Lysandre's gear.png (222KB, 895x562px) Image search: [Google]
Lysandre's gear.png
222KB, 895x562px
>>33001986

Every time we discuss Lysandre, somebody says his gear was never explained even though it was. It's like nobody paid any attention to X/Y's dialogue
>>
>>33000813
All shit that is subjective. Get fucked nostalgiafag, sure it wasn't the best game in the series but far from the worst.
>>
I liked the general lore around the war 3,000 years ago and the shenanigans infinite energy brought to the later games.
>>
>>33001044
Yea lets shell out 500 shitty designs next gen to appease the "real" pogeyman fans
>>
>>33003552
I'll take 500 shitty designs over 72.
>>
I'd rather play XY + all the shit that SM added than the other way around
>>
>>33003552
Not Richard, but I'd like to at least have 80-something be the standard amount of new Pokemon introduced each generation as long as most of them aren't Legendaries, Sub-Legendaries or absurdly powerful Pokemon like the UBs and they realize "Well, shit, we had something with Alola but then we fucked up with the UBs and Tapus, maybe we should let regular Pokemon stand a chance again?" so we don't end up with an entire region slower than fucking Venusaur.
>>
>>33000719
I still can't believe they called the news alert thing the Holocaster
>>
>>33003075
>>What is O-powers?
a rename of Pass Powers from Gen 5.
>>What is the Berry Field?
Something that was in Gen's 3 and 4. The only thing new with the berry field is the mutations, and the only new berries it makes are the kee and maranaga berries
>>What is the breeding improvement?
>What is the GTS improvement?
Something that all Gens have done, was improve on breeding mechanics.
>What is rideables pokémon?
a shitty mechanic that slowed down the game
>what is photo spot
something that no one cares about
>what is diagonal movement
something that took way too long to make its appereance in the mainline games. I 'm not going to praise XY for having something that should have been in the games 15 years prior
>>What is icon sprites inprovement?
really. Might as well add "dynamic colors" while you're at it.
subjective opinion

lel
>>
ITT: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GEN VI IS (Good/Bad) STOP (Liking/Disliking) IT
>>
>>33003198
>>33003692
>It cites only some parts, which takes away the context
>Muh music is subjective
>muh its to be expected

Kek lel
>>
>>33003888
music is subjective, you retard. If it wasn't we'd only have one genre of music. And I cite the only ones that I have an issue to claim, that's how it's suppsoe to be that measn I'm agreeing with you on some points. I'm not gonna autistic nitpick every point.
>>
>>33000719
Holy shit. The Pokémon cycle is real...
>>
>>33003902
Nah...Criticism in general, and the general public loved XY. But it's just /vp/ that's right, is not it?
>>
>>33003898
Y, I know, you retard. ;) But I think it's common sense that XY had very good songs. But you will never admit it, since you only want to refute what I say.
>>
>>33003942
>>33003920
>>33003949
>literally deleting your posts over small typos

Damn man, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were this autistic.
>>
>>33000987
>literally anything>XYORAS
>>
>>33003965
>I get no arguments so I complain about deleting posts

Kek lel xD

English isn't my official language

I just wanted to make sure it was clear that I was calling you retarded, but I did not need to, you made sure to show it in every post
>>
>>33000719
XY are in the top three of first games of a generation, the only problem was the lack of postgame. A third version would have been godly.
>>
>>33003485

That dialogue makes no mention of the gadget or what it does. You're assuming things.
>>
>>33001374
>Gen 1 pandering before the 20th anniversary, so when the actual pandering is supposed to be "justified" it feels tacked on and forced

I just don't understand Gamefreak. How and why can they fuck up so badly?

Between the above, missing game features, and the "writing" that they are now forcing us to endure, it seems like GF intentionally does the most asinine things in the most convoluted way possible, whenever possible.
>>
>>33001789
You forgot what board we're on kiddo
>>
>>33000719

I used to think Black and White were the worst then X and Y came out.

Like I totally get the fact that they spent most of their effort and budget towards the 3D aspects of the game but it was utterly disappointing how they handled it. Most of the models were already made with the advent of the Pokedex 3D app, but then they go ahead and tell us last second only the battles are 3D not the overworld. On top of that we got the smallest amount of new Pokemon to date with a shitty Mega mechanic that just broke multiplayer more. If that wasnt enough they had to repeat Unova with a linear as shit region because people apparently got lost in Sinnoh or something? Honestly, they needed sequels more than Black and White did. The games were unfinished and thats further reinforced by the locked doors in the badlands. Like they were going somewhere with it and just said fuck that.

As much as they prettied up XY, a gold painted turd is still shit.
>>
File: Pokemon XY Customization Chart.png (394KB, 600x1330px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon XY Customization Chart.png
394KB, 600x1330px
>>33000719
Here's the image if anyone was wondering.
>>
File: IMG_0152.jpg (84KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0152.jpg
84KB, 393x325px
>>33000719
Tfw Pokemon Z won't be released and they had to lie about not making Z and dump the new forms Z would of had into SM.
>>
>>33000813
Why is it ok for Gen 5 to have a large dex with about 75% shitmons no one wants, but when XY do it, it's now a bad thing?
Also, you have to be below 1100 to think Megas are Unbalanced.
>>
>>33001189
>"MOMMY!! I DONT WANT TO SEE THE BAD MAN'S OPINIONS"
>>
>>33001776
Stop being such a huge fucking baby just because someone enjoys something. Fuck off you absolute cancer.
>>
>>33006216

Gen 5 had so many new Pokemon to try out that the regional dex did not matter. XY had a few new pokes, kantoshit, and a bunch of shitmons.

I dont know how autistic people have to be for the regional dex to matter. The less new Pokemon you have the more old boring Pokemon you will have distributed through the routes. At least Johto has an excuse.
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.