[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found this on /v/, is it legit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: 1499767783971.png (401KB, 780x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1499767783971.png
401KB, 780x1300px
I found this on /v/, is it legit?
>>
Some points are nit-picky like the ones for previous games but 98% are very valid complaints and the tone shows mostly disappointment and critique in the company than downright hate. It's solid imo.

It shows that GameFreak has some good ideas but are terrible at making them work. For example, there's no reason the PPS and Festival Plaza couldn't co-exist. Festival Plaza is great in its own right, but when it's a forced hub for GTS stuff and it's customizability is very limited when you're gonna spend all of your time online there, it's going to lose A LOT of value in everyone's eyes.
>>
>>32999539
Did you not play the game? Not even pirated? Most of that is true, but a few are debatable
>>
File: a84.jpg (22KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
a84.jpg
22KB, 600x422px
>>32999618
why, why did you bumped the thread
>>
>>32999632
Obviously i played it, i know exactly what is
that guy talking about, this game was literally a chore to play and i totally agree with everything. I just wanted others opinion.
>>
>>32999637
God forbid game discussion on this board, amiright? Why don't you go to your countless pokegirl generals instead of shitposting on threads you don't like?
>>
It's missing the fact that some pokemon like Crabrawler and Charjabug are gotten early on but don't fucking evolve until the last island
>>
>>32999648
"""""""""game discussion""""""""""
>amiright?
no
>>
No it's fake, I can tell by some of the pixels.
>>
>>32999539
Some of these are a tad nitpicky but it's largely true. The bit about being smothered with dialogue I found to be an odd addition as that's been true of every game since BW.
>>
>attached good abilities, such as Dazzling ... to Pokemon that will never be able to make good use of them.
Trick Room Dazzling Bruxish is a quality meme strat
>>
>>32999539
>ever going to the shithole of /v/

Anyways, I know is a strawman image but I find agreeing with most of the things on that pic.
>>
>>32999618
Fucking this
>>
>>32999539
A lot of those are issues with other games, not just sun moon, some are repeats of other complaints worded differently, and some are straight up not true
>>
File: 1485536563905.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1485536563905.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>32999539
>complaining about the removal of hm's
>>
>>32999752
Re-read it, it doesn't say HM replacement was bad but instead that the riding gear is super ugly and that you have to use rental pokemon instead of your own. The latter doesn't bother me that much, but I don't see why you couldn't just assign Pokemon to be used without "teaching" the ability to them.
>>
>3d is not available
Who the fuck actually care ? Who fucking use the 3d function ? It would just make the framerate hurt, and give you a headache after 10 minutes
>>
>>32999752
Believe it or not there's a couple of us out there that are actually pissed about this, I wouldn't call it a flaw since most of th people don't give a shit but for me is a big deal that ruined alot the game.
>>
>>32999539
>I found this on /v/
You should go back there.
>>
>>32999539
most of them are valid but there a few ones that feel like personal preference and other that are more like him setting the bar too high.

>The HM replacement forces you out of your customized appearance and forces you to don ugly NERF armor.
while the clothes aren't the most good looking ones it still is cool to see that they actually gave you 2 special sets of clothes for when you're riding in ground or water, and that they can be seen in battle is neat, though if you don't like it, most of the time in ground you can just get off of the mount before getting in a battle.

>you also cannot ride your own pokemon and are instead forced to use the pokemon equivalent of uber which contributes to the removal of the feeling of adventure...
I couldn't see how they would make it work in any other way that isn't this one, if you had to use one of your own pokemon it would either go back to transforming into a generic blob or you would need a pokemon in a limited list of pokemon able to smash through rocks, carry you at the same time they push rocks, swim fast and break rocks, and sniff for hidden objects.

>The game gets even lazier and just leaves Z-Crystals unattended or hands you them for free instead of making you conquer a challenge for them
While i still found weird and lame that the painting girl was it Mina? just gave you a Z-crystal, when i finished the game i realized that i was still missing a few, going through a maze like desert for finding the psychic Z-crystal or using machamp to find a blocked path all the way back in the first island was pretty cool, also locking the eevee Z-crystal behind a post game quest was also pretty interesting.

>trials are inferior to gyms. There no puzzles. You just run back and forth until it's time for the totem battle
Gyms were becoming incredible generic, so i think trials were pretty much more interesting, but then again, it's personal preference.
>>
>>32999539
I dont have the time or effort to go through all of these, especially considering that you said it's from /v/. Maybe later.

>>33000168
smart anon
>>
Most of this is irrelevant/nitpicky/subjective. I loved the games
>>
>>33000906
Yeah most of the criticism of SM comes from nitpicks
>>
File: 1498952804678.gif (344KB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1498952804678.gif
344KB, 400x221px
>>32999539
>Bottle caps are incredibly rare
>>
>>32999618
>Festival Plaza is great in its own right
No, no it's not. You are dependent entirely on either grinding or luck to get the things you want out of it, except for the global missions, but those are not future-proof. Once they stop, if you ever feel like replaying SM, you will have no choice but to run in a circle and answer stupid questions.

It's TERRIBLE design. Maybe the worst feature in Pokemon yet.
>>
>a number of abilities are the same thing renamed

they did this at the very beginning of abilities with Huge Power and Pure Power
>>
>only one lucky egg can be obtained

>complain when the games are too easy
>complain when the games aren't easy enough
>>
>Try to play sun after playing moon
>Mashing the fucking A button to get through cutscenes, only to walk 5 steps and get another cutscene

I'm infuriated
>>
>>33001062
People use Lucky eggs to level up newborn pokemon in the postgame.
>>
>>32999539
/v/ is never right about anything.
>>
>>33001179
This image was created on /vp/ btw
>>
>>32999539
Less opinionated than the meme ORAS one.
>>
I skipped a point it means that I agree.

>The game is the most casualized
Not true at all, SM is at least harder than XY and RBY. The exp share is not required, once you turn it off it's a little bit more difficult than BW/BW2.

>Cutscenes
So the first part of this is the fact that SM have less cutscenes than ORAS. When people say "cutscenes" they're referring to the dialogue. Believe it or not, some people actually enjoy having characters deliver lines with emotion, human-like movement, and vigor. What we had in older games was characters deliver lines with zero expression, zero movement, and zero emotion. This was because the GBA/DS graphics weren't good enough to animate the sprites faces. But now that we have full 3d, you have to have characters that talk like humans. You just have to.

>The story is full of wasted potential
The Nihilego-Lusamine fusion was part human. You really think GF should let you attack a human? This is a kid's game, after all. And the thing about the characters is true for every Pokemon game, even less so in SM since the characters that do stick with you all have actual writing and arcs behind them. The Lillie point is somewhat true.

>Ultra beasts are not given a major role
How are they not? You meet them as soon as you visit the Aether Paradise, and the game keeps mentioning them, even to the point where you visit their dimension.

>Postgame
I've never understood this. What games that weren't remakes or third versions have included more postgame than SM? You have an extensive legendary sidequest, and a battle facility. What else do you want?

>When using L=A mode, the R button does not function
>3D is not available
Who fucking cares

>Framerate
This is more due to hardware limitations than the game itself.

>Trainer customization
SM offers more options for trainer customization. This is not debatable, this is a fact. Unless you're talking about the literal number of clothes you can pick from, this is false.
>>
>>33001273
(cont)
>HMs
The fact that you wear a silly outfit for about 10 seconds is not at all comparable to the shitty expierience that was HMs. And I'm not going to adress the "but its my own Pokemon" argument because we both know it's bullshit. The mons used in HM animations were literal black blobs.

>It is the most linear game yet
Not a flaw. Pokemon is a JRPG with levelling. In most Western RPGs, the developers program the game so that you encounter enemies that are a challenge for you no matter what level you're at. In Pokemon, every wild Pokemon is always set at a specific level and does not change. This means that the best way to design a world around the level system is a linear one. Sinnoh had this atrocious problem where you would be encountering level 10 zubats when your mons were at level 30. At that point it's not a challenge, it's just annoying. By creating a linear game, the developers can intricately scale the levels so that Pokemon battles are always somewhat of a challenge.

>Barely any explorable areas
Did you play the game?

>Trials are inferior to gyms
How so? They're essentially gyms with wild Pokemon instead of trainers. If anything they're an equal alternative to gyms, which where already becoming stale and boring after 6 gens.

>Z-crystals
Did you play the game? There's one single situation (if i can remember correctly) where you get handed a z-crystal. You have to explore a new area or beat a boss for all of the other ones.

>New pokemon
At this point its obvious that GF realized that once we reach 1000 Pokemon, it's going to be too much. if we want the series to continue for a long time, we'll have to deal with small amounts of new Pokemon every new gen.

>Abilities are just renamed
This has been happening since gen 5.
>>
>>33001282
(cont)
>Alola mons are slow
You're saying SM are bad games because the new pokemon they introduced are slow? That's stretching a little far, don't you think?

>Alolan forms are only gen 1
I don't know if you got the memo, but SM are the 20th anniversary games.

>Old characters get cameos
This is a problem for you????

>Zygarde cells
You want a list of every cell? Last time I checked you were complaining about the game being too easy, and now you want it to be easier? Make up your mind anon.

>Bottlecaps are rare
Did you not play the postgame or Poke Pelago?

>SOS battles
Again, you're complaining about the game being too hard when earlier you were complaining about them being too easy. Nothing better proves that you're stretching than that does.

>No national dex
Who actually uses the national dex besides autists who want the shiny charm?

>You can't catch new mons after becoming champion
Blatantly untrue, you can't access any of the Tapus or UBs until after you become champion.

>Missing mega stones
As of July 11th there are 6 mega stones that aren't available. GF offered them as prizes for participating in online battles, it was extremely easy to get them.
>>
>>33001295
Please stop posting, you're full of bullshit. You're defending SM as it were your mom. And ain't nobody contradict that wall of turd you just wrote.
>>
Please stop saying Emergency Exit is a bad ability. Stop trying to sweep with Golisopod.
>>
>>33001320
I'd argue against it if I had access to a computer right now.
>>
>>33001320
>write out a detailed, well-written response to the points that I didn't agree with
>"Please stop posting, you're full of bullshit."

Fuck off faggot
>>
>>33001295
>>33001282
>>33001273
So much bullshit. Just stop.
>>
>>33001273
>>33001282
>>33001295

So long, so wrong.
>>
File: 1495008423356.png (227KB, 568x510px) Image search: [Google]
1495008423356.png
227KB, 568x510px
>>32999539
>someone makes a good list pointing out the many glitches and issues with gen 1
>turbo autist misses the point and makes shitty list filled with subjective crap
>thinks using the same template will make his hot opinions less retarded
>>
>>33001403
And look at
>>33001320
>>33001366
>>33001384
Kind of pathetic that they don't even have any argument against all of the points I made. My 5-year old argues like that.
>>
>>33001335
i'm not the anon you were talking with but all your 3 posts are completly missing the point.

>Again, you're complaining about the game being too hard when earlier you were complaining about them being too easy. Nothing better proves that you're stretching than that does.
The problem is that it relies to much on RNG not the fact that it's much more tedious than the Hordes. Having to spend 10 minutes to catch something isn't hard, just time consuming and annoying.

I can respond to all of them but im not in the mood for this right now.
>>
>>33001295
Fuck dude we don't need a fucking list of your opinions
>>
>>33001427
>The problem is that it relies to much on RNG not the fact that it's much more tedious than the Hordes. Having to spend 10 minutes to catch something isn't hard, just time consuming and annoying.
But that kind of difficulty (tedium and mindless grinding) is exactly the thing that makes DPPt so hard, yet I bet you love those games.

>I can respond to all of them but im not in the mood for this right now.
Kek

>>33001449
>Fuck dude we don't need a fucking list of your opinions
Why is there nothing wrong with making a list about why SM are shit, but if someone writes a response SHORTER than said list, it's suddenly weird and a problem
>>
>>33001412
No wonder you liked this fucking game
>>
>>33001412
We don't have "any arguments" because you made a 3 post long argumentation about why SM doesn't suck, and almost half of the arguments you have is complete fucking bullshit or just subjective. If it wasn't that long, I would just assume you were fishing for (You)s.
>>
>>33001462
It's not a list why SM is shit it's a list of flaws and missed potential in these games. We don't need you cumming all over this board with your half baked excuses
>>
>>33001462
Nope, im a johtoddler and i have nothing to do with sinnoh.
>>
>>33001478
>you made a 3 post long argumentation about why SM doesn't suck, and almost half of the arguments you have is complete fucking bullshit or just subjective.
Which ones? And why?

>>33001494
Why is it okay for OP to post his opinions, but it's not okay for me to post my opinions? It's a legitimate question
>>
>>33001273
Herp derp let me respond to every single point with sarcastic bullshit answers, then everyone will love SM
>>
>>33001507
>OP's opinion
>I found this on /v/
>>
>>33001517
Which of my answers are "sarcastic bullshit"
>>
>>33001273
>>33001282
>>33001295
I totally agree
>>
>>33001507
Because op presented a picture with legitimate points that doesn't include much personal bias and one of your retorts was literally "did you even play the game"
Fuck off sperg
>>
>>33001540
Same fag
>>
>>33001273
>Not true at all, SM is at least harder than XY and RBY. The exp share is not required, once you turn it off it's a little bit more difficult than BW/BW2.

And that's where i stop reading. You are full of shit.
>>
Most of what's in the OP is subjective. I enjoyed the games. More so than the entirety of gen 6. My own gripe is the lack of national dex
>>
>>33001560
I played SM twice, without the EXP share and with it. Maybe if you have the EXP share on, grind constantly, and use 6 pseudos, it would be pretty easy. But that's retarded and you shouldn't be doing that in any Pokemon game.
>>
>>32999539
>I have to play the game with two hands

What did he mean by this one?
>>
>>33001747
Don't be obtuse, you know exactly what he means and attempting to strawman doesn't help your retardation
>>
>>33001009
And Battle Armor/Shell Armor
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.