[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you want more Megas in the 8th Gen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

Do you want more Megas in the 8th Gen?
>>
>>32999336
Yes. Many. From M-audino-tier all the way to M-mewtwo-tier.
>>
File: 1491318271812.jpg (89KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
1491318271812.jpg
89KB, 764x551px
>want more megas to buff shitmons and boost their popularity
>too autistic to use them because the dex entries say it hurts them
>>
>>32999336
I want Mega Evolutions to never /have/ existed, to be frank, but with the hole Gamefreak's dug themselves into, it's downright unfair for them to /stop/ making megas, they got us by the balls here.
>>
>>32999336
Yes. I want more Megas and regional variants, now that they have started making them, them need to continue.
>>
All starters should have megas. Its not fair to limit them to gen 1 and 3. Similarly, all pseudos should have megas, so Goodra, Dragonite, Hydreigon and Kommoo; counterparts should have megas (see Slowbro vs Slowking) and some more popular fans favorites( Milotic, Crobat, ecc).
>>
>>32999372
Which Pokemon are you refering to ?
>>
>>32999482
>dragonitenite
>>
>>32999527
Just call it dratinite or draconite
>>
File: MegaGlalieDex.png (14KB, 870x175px) Image search: [Google]
MegaGlalieDex.png
14KB, 870x175px
>>32999498
Mega Pokemon that were available in Alola all got dex entries that describe the Pokemon losing control due to excess energy or being harmed as a result of it.
>>
>tfw they make special Z-Stones that allow both Mega Evolution and a unique Z-Move for the Mega

>tfw we get MegaMeganiumnium
>>
>>32999568
This sound painful as fuck, why would they do that instead of saying that its jaw is too heavy for it to lift ?
>>
>>32999568
what the fuck
>>
>>32999568
I'm pretty sure they did this because:
A. Alolans most likely don't like the notion of powers from a ancient weapon of destruction used to force evolve pokemon
B. Rotom is jealous
C. GF tried to make Mega Evo look bad, but it backfired hard, went trough there guts, out through there back and then boomeranged its way back to snipe them in the head. In other words, people still want Mega.
>>
>>32999571
You mean MegaMeganiumnium Z
>>
>>32999568
Glalie is one of the few Ice types I like, and I use Mega Glalie a lot. I figure, since the Mega reverts afterwards, it would mostly just be battle fatigue.
>>
>>32999605
I'm pretty sure braking the jaw would still hurt even if it got unbroken after.
>>
>>32999605

>battle
>mega evolves
>jaw dislocates
>battle ends
>good again

nice
>>
File: Méga-Drattak-PGL.png (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Méga-Drattak-PGL.png
36KB, 300x300px
>>32999568
Dex entries call it "The blood-soaked crescent"
Why did they portrayed Mega evolution as, either hurting the Pokemon, or turning it into a fucking murder machine ?
>>
>>32999621
>battle
>detonates as a literal explosive
>is unconscious
>battle ends
>magic crystal
>all better, and with no emotional distance from the trainer
>>
>>32999336
If it means my bro gets one, then sure.

>>32999685
Because Game Freak realized they made a mistake, and they are unwilling to remove Megas entirely. The ibasic premise is essentially, "please don't use Megas. Don't you care about how they hurt your Pokemon?"
>>
>>32999709
>The ibasic premise is essentially, "please don't use Megas. Don't you care about how they hurt your Pokemon?"
Well now it just became FUCKING METAL to mega evolve them. I mean who doesn't like a berzerker state that possibly harms the user?
>>
>>32999336
Ursaring needs a fucking mega real bad.
>>
>>32999709
One thing they forgot: Pokemon are not real and never will be and today's kids are all about that metal edge.
Really, they only made things worse for themselves. And the outcry for the missing Megastones in SM shows it.
>>
>>32999527
>Mega-Meganium
>Meganium Z
>>
>>32999737
>spoiler
Why do you give me reasons to kill myself, anon?
>>
>>32999717
Also, considering the Pokemon can't refuse Mega evolving, it also implies that the Pokemon "loves" you so much that they are willing to hurt themselves to help you win. Not the greatest message, but it would definitely endear the Pokemon to the person.

>>32999737
>spoiler
The only Pokemon with a good chance of ever being real is Porygon. And I'm completely fine with that.
>>
>>32999602
And if Meganium gets multiple megas, we might get MegaMeganiumnium ZZ.
>>
>>32999717
The whole berserk trope works when the character overcome its weakness and do it by its own will
Not when another person forces it to do it for that person
>>
>>32999772
Well from what I understand, Pokemon can mega-evolve naturally, and the whole spiel about it requiring a bond with the trainer as Sycamore said is not necessarily true for mega-evolution itself, but rather that the bond helps the Pokemon keep its sanity when it mega-evolves. But this just headcanon really.
>>
>>32999789
My headcanon is that the Rotomdex is unreliable. A single, specific Pokemon is writing these entries. A specific Pokemon that refuses to write entries for some Pokemon, and has reason to be biased against Mega Evolution due to lacking the ability itself.
>>
>>32999814
I always knew Rotom was a little faggot
>>
>>32999527
>Dragonitite
FTFY sempai.
>>
>>32999840
fuck
>>
>>32999827
>"How can I get trainers to stop invalidating me as a Pokemon?"
>"I know!"
>"WHENEVER YOU MEGA EVOLVE YOU ACTUALLY CAUSE A BUNCH OF PAIN AND SUFFERING AND ALL OF THE OTHER GHOST TYPES ARE VIOLENT AND EVIL AND CAPTURING THEM JUST SPREADS THEIR CORRUPTION"
>>
What would dragonite's mega stone be?
>>
>>32999685
I think that's to emphasize why the bond between the trainer and the pokemon is so important, to overcome the drawbacks to mega evolution.
That seems to be somewhat consistent across media. There's an anime arc about that and in Mystery Dungeon pokemon go berserk after a few turns of mega evolution.
>>
>moves like Self-Destruct, Explosion, Curse (ghosts) and Memento in which the Pokemon nearly kills itself
>nobody bats an eye
>Pokedex entries about a temporary superstate causing pain and injury
>huge debate
>>
>>32999336
A response to the image
>>
>>32999926
Flygon.jpg
>>
>>32999336
Only if cross-gen evos come with it. Megas should only be used for 3 stage pokemon or Pokemon that already have good enough BST. Shit like M-Lopunny should have been a new evo, rather than megashit.
>>
>>32999884
a nerf
>>
>>32999568
This is so absurd it's hilarious. Just imagine a Mega Glalie floating around with a pile of frozen corpses in its mouth until it starves to death.
>>
>>32999372
There's no scientific proof that Mega Evolving hurts Pokémon. That could just be a superstition belived by the ancient Alolans and passed on for generations. It's kind of like people in real life who still don't believe in evolution.
>>
>>32999685
Because Alola is filled with natives who probably had bad experiences with Mega Evolution themselves and thus saw it as only a bad thing.
>>
>>32999866
But didn't Rotom say that Mismagius makes people fall in love?
>>
>>32999599
Autism
>>
>>32999685
It's a justification for the form being temporary. It makes them more clearly unnatural and thus not viable as a base state.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.