[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exactly how official is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1401593536682.png (342KB, 500x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1401593536682.png
342KB, 500x1007px
I see canonfags use it all the time but I also see others dismissing it. Who is this guy?and what makes it official? I thought the delta episode established that there are multiple timelines.
>>
>>32998983
It's weird how remakes are included but 3rd games not, seems like Emerald and Platinum (and probably Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon) are not canon
>>
He is the Scenario Writer for all the games except RGB and ORAS.

Also, Delta Episode didn't establish multiple timelines, it just addressed the multiverse that has already been established since Red and Green through the existence of player to player trading.
>>
>>32998983
>Who is this guy?and what makes it official?
Summerfags, everyone.
>>
>>32998983
> I thought the delta episode established that there are multiple timelines.

I find it amusing that so many people seem to say that zinnia's a terrible person and yet also consider her a reliable narrator.

In the delta episode, zinnia suggests that there may be alternate universes. this is simply a theory, and never explored or proven.

honestly though, the game timelines are a bit shaky. apart from what we see in the original image, we don't know much.
>>
>>32998983
>Exactly how official is this?
It comes from a GF employee so its pretty much the definition of official.

>but I also see others dismissing it
Its the pokemon fanbase anon, if something doesn't fit with their headcanon they will diss it regarless of how official or how good the point is. The fact that people dismiss it is irrelevant.

>Who is this guy?
Pokemon scenario writer IIRC

>and what makes it official?
The fact that he said it. It also matches the timeline the fanbase made up based on different hints in the games with the only new info being that B2W2 happen at the same time as XY. Few people questioned that until we got the confirmation which goes to show the fanbase does't care at all about what the franchise actually says.

> I thought the delta episode established that there are multiple timelines.
Delta episode mentioned different universes, not timelines. It implies different timelines in the same way it means different versions of Viridan City, but the statement wasnt about timelines and its not even the first time it happens, it already did in BW.
The timeline for either universe is similar with ORAS or RSE taking place depending on the universe in question.
So far the only issue with this(and with the official timeline in general) is Wally's looks in SM which is a very minor thing.
>>
>>32998998
>you have to know everyone that works at Gamefreak to not be considered a summerfag
>thinking summerfags exist
Newfags trying to fit in, everyone.

>>32999006
SM proved there are alternate universes with Anabel and being able to travel to the opposite version's universe.
>>
>>32998983
>I thought the delta episode established that there are multiple timelines.
Multiple universes. Pokemon is a giant multiverse, is what it is established.

Which is dumb. I hate when series go for the multiverse aspect because it's a path you take when you run out of creativity with the already established world can't find a way to instead, add more depth to it. Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, Dragon Ball Super and Naruto are all notorious for this.
>>
>>32999006
>this is simply a theory, and never explored or proven.
The whole Ultra Wormhole thing is GameFreak exploring that concept. Which is why Anabel exists in SM.

Zinnia's a terrible character yeah because she's just a bitch, but that doesn't mean she wasn't right.
>>
>>32998991
>It's weird how remakes are included but 3rd games not
The tweet mentions RB and GSC, didn't include any remake. And it mentions Platinum. Keep in mind it was announced right before ORAS was and those games are RS remakes.

>>32998994
>it just addressed the multiverse that has already been established since Red and Green through the existence of player to player trading.
When?

>>32999006
> that zinnia's a terrible person and yet also consider her a reliable narrator
Those are two completely different things anon. And the same people who say she's a terrible person also question her statement.

>In the delta episode, zinnia suggests that there may be alternate universes. this is simply a theory, and never explored or proven.
She literally says her clan observed the other universe and you played it in RSE.

>honestly though, the game timelines are a bit shaky
Not really, it's prettty simple.
>>
>>32999028
Pokemon just used it in BW to play into its themes, in ORAS to give Zinnia a reason to stop Devon, and in SM to play onto its themes.
>>
>>32999021
/thread
Just let this stupid bait thread end here. We don't need another 200+ posts clusterfuck where """""""""""people""""""""""" can't understand basic logic.
>>
>>32998983
It's the most official thing we have right now, and hasnt been contradicted at all yet. Even the Zinnia stuff has so far only applied to Emerald/ORAS, so nothing else has really changed. Plus the games and guidebooks do stuff like say SM Grimsley is just BW2 Grimsley 2 years later that shows they still follow it too.

>>32999028
hate when series go for the multiverse aspect because it's a path you take when you run out of creativity with the already established world can't find a way to instead, add more depth to it.
100% correct.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.