[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuzlocke /nzg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 68

To have seen the battle rainbow edition

Old thread: >>32979972

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/eC8Kp5sx
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/QeWVEgEc
>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>>
File: 436Bronzor.png (53KB, 207x256px) Image search: [Google]
436Bronzor.png
53KB, 207x256px
>>32998730
i keep saying that i will update the pastebin but never do

also just captured this little guy. GG diamond, it's time for me to move on
>>
Alright guys, Sacred Gold or Storm Silver? I'm torn between which one to play since I'm not using legendaries.
I"m leaning towards Sacred Gold just so I don't have to deal with the fucking whirlpool islands and its strength puzzles.
>>
>>32998755
It now occurs to me I've never used a Bronzor in any way, shape, or form. Even Bronzong in competitive I have never touched and I play exclusively the lower tiers.
How is he in-game?
>>
>>32998759
Sacred Gold, like you said whirlpool islands are a drag, even worse than the tower.

Also pick Cyndaquil, best starter.
>>
>>32998755
nobody ever updates the pastebin after they said they will. including myself:0
>>32998759
never played either one but I think they're supposed to be a little challenging so watch out
>>
>>32998750
Thanks !! I'll try to make one of my own then, how often do you update too? to give me an idea of how often i should
>>
>>32998792
I usually update after every gym, unless something important happens like a crucial death or capture.
>>
>>32998759
>Alright guys, Sacred Gold or Storm Silver?
I've just started a SG run.

>>32998775
>they're supposed to be a little challenging
The leveling curve is steeper (Bugsy averages at 21, which is higher than vanilla Whitney), gym leaders have full teams and good movesets.
Yeah, it's kinda though.
>>
To the anon that had Dustox Iron Defense spam against Cheren, thank you for that. It made the battle a cake walk.

On the other hand with this team and Virbank being a poison gym, I'm really, really scared.
>>
>>32998977
>salt
Wut?
>>
>>32998986
>>32998977
I added that after the first wipe by looking at another template that had salt level on it. I thought it would be funny to ad, like my current mood toward the nuzlocke.
>>
File: 1261153031856.jpg (13KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
1261153031856.jpg
13KB, 208x199px
Every time
Every goddamn time, by the time i reach Solaceon, my team is looking good, i decide to grind for a bit on the evolved pokemons which give good xp and bam, two or three team members dead due to bid or selfdestruct or a crit stomp

I had something good in my hands and i blew it
>>
>>32999011
Shouldn't have been too greedy, though why grind on wild pokemon? There are trainers in the tower, and routes south and north of town that should be enough.
>>
File: heirlocke1.png (270KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
heirlocke1.png
270KB, 1280x720px
https://picarto.tv/fooliofailure

starting streaming a little early today! Same set up as last time, I managed to safely pass Lt. Surge.
>>
File: novasun.jpg (240KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
novasun.jpg
240KB, 1280x720px
Guy who asked for help here,
is this a e s t h e t i c l y pleasing?
>>
>>32999323
It looks alot better now, easy on the eyes and the background of course fits the game. Good job!

A E S T H E T I C L Y
>>
>>32997362
My top two favorite Pokemon are Cradily and Azumarill. Bambi V is going to be babied hardcore.

>>32997762
You can't get to Surge without beating SS Anne.

>>32998755
Same here.
>>
>>32999434
Thanks a lot for the advice !!!
>>
>>32998977
well for me dustox managed to take out everything in the second gym as well
unfortunately, the reason it managed was because of psybeam, which beautifly does not have and his poison type which both caused him to resist her most powerful moves and absorb the toxic spikes

that said thief is very useful in the fight, managed to actually nab an evolite off her koffing
>>
>>32999615
Evolite? Seriously? Damn, now I wish one of my pokemon could learn thief.
>>
I just got wiped by Aegislash in my Zeta Randomizer Nuzlocke. Swords dance Sacred Sword / Aerial Ace obliterated me
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 1278x720px
I can't wait to be in Hau'Oli city to get a Grimer a Klink or a Magnemite
>gets an alolan rattata
>>
>>32999647
only on challenge mode though
and one of them carries focus sash explosion
>>
File: 1a1.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1a1.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
and now bronzor dies on the last trainer before veilstone because of dragon rage

fucks saaaake, lost half of my team in the stretch between solaceon and veilstone for being too distracted

really wondering if i shouldnt just restart and save myself the grinding of ineffective people before volkner down the line
>>
>>32999787
Now that just sounds stupid.
>>
>>32999805
Don't give up.
Believe in your horrible pokemon they will ( Probably not ) pull through.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170711-120340.jpg (642KB, 1079x709px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170711-120340.jpg
642KB, 1079x709px
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT A NIGGER NAMED JIMMY

>Gym 4, Ghost type
>Jimmy (Flannery) has a Gastly, a Bannette, a Gengar,
>All of them spam Curse, have to keep swapping
>Rascal I takes out Gastly and Banette with a few swaps
>Gengar uses Mean Look, Curse, then Shadow Punches Sultan II into yellow, Curse brings him to red
>Fuck
>Heal up Rascal I
>Sultan II dies
>Swap in Rascal I
>Break my 1 item rule because otherwise this would be a wipe
>Super Effective barely does any damage, 3 Super potions and the previous Soda Pop later and Gengar goes down
>Rejoice
>REALIZE THERE'S A 4TH POKEMON
>it's a Shedinja
>get TM Roar for winning

Losing Sultan II doesn't upset me very much, he was underleveled because he couldn't deal any damage. Oh well, he will be replaced in the desert.
>>
>>32999849
But i can't help but fast forward because gen IV is so fucking slow and DesMuMe emulator is a piece of crap which doesnt help either.

Fast forward killed more pokemons than Ilima, Whitney and Cheren combined for me
>>
>>32999931
I can completely understand that. I also fast forward alot.
>>
>>32999838
luckily it's the lead and it's hardcoded to try and set toxic spikes as well as being slow as shit

so yeh, the second gym has a god damn suicide lead
>>
>>33000075
Well atleast I know now.
>>
File: 64.gif (211KB, 100x75px) Image search: [Google]
64.gif
211KB, 100x75px
I have never been able to finish a single nuzlocke succesfully. Not even on easier games. Ask me anything.
>>
File: save over.png (8KB, 946x751px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
8KB, 946x751px
You guys were right, between Team Rocket, the caves, and my Rival, I really didn't need to grind before Bugsy at all
>>
File: save over.png (8KB, 917x679px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
8KB, 917x679px
>>33000460
hhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
File: save over.png (9KB, 904x949px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
9KB, 904x949px
>>33000478
>CRITICAL GUST
>CRITICAL GUUUUUUST
>his other pokemon are a kakuna and a metapod
>>
>>33000432
instead of posting about your inability to do something, why don't you try it seriously ?
>>
File: feels good karp.png (143KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
feels good karp.png
143KB, 600x604px
>starting B2 randomizer
>ID gives me Gyarados starter
>First route encounter is Ursaring
>Second route has a fucking Torterra
>Get to the Ranch
>There's a P2
>Catch it
>It's holding Eviolite
How can one run be so based?
>>
>start a fresh blazeblack run
>oh boy i wonder what im gonna get for my first catch, there are so many options
>its a pidgey
>level 3
>cant attack because my starter will almost assuredly one-shot it
God damn it, why does this shitbird have to be so common, I'd rather have a sentret.
>>
I've never used the Dupes clause before so can someone mediate for me?
I'm in a forest and have all of the wild pokemon around here except 1, do I just go through the area until I find that one murdering all of the poor buggos?
>>
Alright, /vp/, I'm gonna do an heirlocke of Fire Red, double battles edition. Wish me luck.

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/9137096/1/
>>
File: NuzlockeRun.png (22KB, 709x395px) Image search: [Google]
NuzlockeRun.png
22KB, 709x395px
reposting here,
I wanted to share what my challenge is, exactly, and ask if anyone would give me some advice or critique on it. This is my first run, and I'm going to attempt all of the games on this list.

>Standard Nuzlocke shit. If a Pokeyman dies, he's deleted and sent to the shadow realm. You can only catch the first mon you run in to on any given route, you only catch a dupe if you want to.
>Set Mode only, use of 1 item per battle, No revives, of course. If a Pokemon dies with a held item, that item is GONE.
>At the end of a successful run, you move on to the next game, trading over or injecting all of the previous survivors and boxed mons to the new game.
>You can only use Pokemon that are appropriate level for the area you're in. When facing a Gym, you can only use Pokemon that are the same level as their lowest level Mon.
>A specific Pokemon can only go through the elite four once. You can use it to breed future generations or fight in side stuff like battle tower or whatever.

Order I'm playing in:
>FR/LG
>R/S
>Em
>Plat
>HG/SS
>Black
>B2/W2

I'm going to play through both versions of some of the games that I like, and skip straight to the third on others.

Anything else I should add?
>>
>>33000537
Well at least it was carrying an oran berry so it wasn't a total wash. Big pecks is a decent ability to have too, I guess.
>>
>double battle
>galatic grunts keep targetting my ponyta and paralyze it
>they crit but i survive with a pixel of hp
>"JESUS THAT WAS CLOSE AS SOON AS MY ALLY DO SOMETHING I'M SWI-"
>"ally" uses sandstorm
>ponyta dies

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

FUCK DOUBLE BATTLES WITH OTHER PEOPLE
>>
>>33000575
I don't think injecting mons is a good idea, or you should make it so in RS you can only play with the boxed mon of FRLG but still catching the mons, in E you can only play with the boxed mon of RS, in Plat only thoses of E, ect...
Otherwise I think you'll end up with a too big reserve of mons, making losing your nuzlocke impossible, and without challenge what is the point ?
>>
>>33000594
>blaze black 2
>double battle with hugh in the sewers
>hugh sent out trapinch
>magnitude
rip grimer that i had just caught
>>
>>33000594
>Cheren's Roggenrola uses Magnitude!
>Magnitude 10!

Agreed.
>>
>>33000491
Caught an Egg pile in Ilex forest, an Abra on the following route, and my Beedrill got rekt by a critical quick attack
>>
Poison types suck.
>>
File: oops.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
oops.png
6KB, 240x160px
>>33000559
Well, I'm retarded. I forgot to name my mons something short enough to have numerals, so I'm just gonna retcon their names after they die (Still only gonna go 6 gens deep). See ya in a few.
>>
>>33000558
It's up to you how you do it. Some people will add a 'for five encounters' stipulation to dupes clause to prevent the kind of situation you're in
>>
>>33000558
that's how i do it. yeah you can game it a little to ensure you get a certain mon but im usually fine with that. some people put encounter limits until they just dont get a mon for that route but i just dont find that interesting.
>>
>>33000575
I've been doing something similar but I think it's better if you limit how much you can transfer to the next game.

I personally have it as whoever survives and participates in the battle that ends the run, typically the end of the elite four or Red in HGSS. This makes it so you can have at max 6 survivors that can make their way over. You should also have some kind of thing in place to make sure they aren't overpowered when you move on to the next game.
>>
File: save over.png (8KB, 938x773px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
8KB, 938x773px
>>33000635
Ok forgot that Rollout is a Rock type move and not a Ground type move, almost got fucked because of my ignorance
>>
>>33000768
oh boy its Sudowoodo time, didn't go into the route 36 bushes to try and catch it.
>>
>>33000638
so which was the one that killed all of them?
also gyarados is hilarious in volt white given magikarp starts out with bounce
>>
>>32999182
how did you post the link without the spam filter going off?
>>
>>33000994
Magikarp died while grinding to pursuit.
Had no answers to toxic spikes, then poison gas when I use antidotes. And of course all I had was confusion on a level 20 Psyduck. Because I was told about the explosion trubbish I was waiting on it turn 2 but it didn't come that turn as I switched to a more defensive mon. Then turn 3 switched back to psyduck and it used explosion that time. After that everything just got killed and I lost the locke.

Went in another time without training and just started with dragon rage Servine and won with ease. Shouldn't have been so nervous about explosion.
>>
>>33001077
yeh the explosion isn't to big an issue as long as you can 2Ko it
>>
>>33001114
Yeah but now I feel like an idiot because I proved myself I could've won no problem but I lost the locke so I need to restart again.
>>
>>33001136
That's good though, right? Proves that the challenge isn't artificial & it's about gitting gud. Two gyms in & one fail & already you're learning something
>>
>>33001186
True, but this was the second wipe. First happened earlier against Morimoto.

I did not expect a Blitzle with Wild Charge. Or a Swoobat with normal gem + acrobatics and Charge Beam.

However Roxie confirmed for me that GL and trainer pokemon have moves they would normally not have. Dark Pules + Incinerate on a lvl 18 Koffing, come on man my lvl 18 Koffing had sludge. Makes me feel poor.
>>
>>33001224
eh you think that's bad, try challenge mode
that same koffing was lv 19, had evolite and came equipped with flamethrower and thunderbolt
also I'm assuming you didn't meet her golbat with hypnosis and nasty plot?
>>
>>33001250
see, i don't get the fun in that. what's the point of giving super duper smogon builds earlier when you have no way of countering or even getting close to the same level of bullshit as them (even more on a nuzlocke)?
i really don't get the appeal of these "super duper hard" hacks that just completely break the logical progression of the game. at least they're still a tad better than the "grind till lvl50 before the second gym" kaizo ones
>>
>>33001250
>>33001293
I'm not doing challenge mode because I saw that normal Volt White 2 already had items, added pokemon and moves to trainers. That Koffing sounds horrible and luckily no Golbat in normal mode. However there is a nasty plot spamming Croagunk and a Whirlipede that won't stop attacking for big damage.
>>
>>33001293
eh koffing still has crap for sp atk, my dustox still tanked 3 of his flamethrowers despite being bug type
>>
>>33001329
that's not a counter. you're putting shit up for luck. you could be crit or you could have a dustox with shitty nature and that would be it. just because you lucked out once doesn't mean everything is fair and dandy - if you had a koffing by that point, would you be able to have it learn flamethrowera s well?
>>
>>33001329
Sadly my beautifly would've died after 2 incinerate's. Mind you beautifly was lvl 19.

I'm just a bit salty about my own mistake, had I played a bit more risky then things would've turned out fine.
>>
>>33001338
Nope, you would not be able to teach koffing flamethrower. After you beat the gym you get cut and can grab incinerate but that's after the gym not before it.

That's why I was really salty the first wipe, because I saw blitzle come in, checked the moveset to be safe and then still it suddenly came in with a move it shouldn't have. After that I didn't even check on Swoobat because I knew something was coming anyway.
>>
>>33001338
I can use items and I'm not as stupid as the AI
also I did have shitty luck because I was in the situation where my best move was to switch in something weak to flamethrower into that koffing
also it's nature isn't all that good and 3ko means that if he crit me, I still wouldn't have died

granted I do get the feeling I shouldn't be nuzlocking but for now I'm having fun seeing how far I get

I wipe, I wipe, no big deal, maybe I'll switch to normal mode, maybe It's even difficult enough I run it non-nuzlocke (maybe without item use who knows)

and honestly, have you ever played any nuzlocke were you weren't at one point forced into a moment of "if this shit crits I'm losing something, possibly 2 things"
>>
>>33001382
the AI can use items as well (and its not restricted in their use, unlike most people nuzlocking here do) and the stupidity is left for vanilla, you're not facing AI any more stupid than your usual showdown user in hack challenge modes

if you find that fun go ahead, but i like my challenges to be more even. having an earlier gym full of things i have no proper way of countering yet if nuzlocking and having to rely on bruteforcing or luck doesn't sound my cup of tea
>>
>>33001416
AI is still using only 1 item per pokemon and the AI doesn't properly predict which makes it easy to abuse
and like I said, I realize I probably shouldn't be nuzlocking this and will likely hit a wall eventually. I've accepted this and I'm just seeing how far I get
>>
You guys should at least kind of know what you're getting into when you decide to do ROMhacks. A lot of them are pretty bullshit and you're pushing it a little more with challenge mode. I don't think it's very fun to keep resetting until you learn every sneaky moveset or item programmed in or to hypergrind because of a major disadvantage. I haven't ever successfully completed a Drayano hack (what a scrub, right) and I don't enjoy them. It stings especially hard with >>33001077 when you anticipate stuff and things don't work out.

P.S. Fuck giftmons.
>>
>>33001443
I can completely understand where you're coming from. There are parts about it that make it feel like a waste of time or not fun at all. However for most of it I can enjoy myself.

The worst part is just that after a wipe you have to re-grind for Virbank city and dear god that takes ages because when you've been handed basically a grass team in that area you're going to spend more time running away than grinding because of danger.
>>
At Celadon City in FR... Which Pokemon should I go with? I'm thinkin' Porygon, but I don't know how much use I'll get out of him. Maybe Scyther, just because he's cool.
>>
>>33001511
Did you pick up Eevee yet?
>>
>>33001504
if you're grinding it's much faster to just cycle on the road until the grass starts rustling and beat up a few defenseless audino's
>>
>>33001520
No, I haven't picked it up yet. If I do, that'll be my Celadon-mon.
>>
>>33001293

This is why I've never run a hack. It doesn't sound fun at all. I've also found randomising encounters and wonderlockes less fun as well - I feel like playing pure vanilla is most enjoyable with all it's restrictions in what you can get when, though some games have really bad diversity.
>>
>>33001536
basically all the eevee mons are good. i used flareon in my last LG run and i loved him
>>
>>33001536
>>33001578
I'd go with Jolteon, really fast with good sp.atk to boot.
If not Vaporeon is a decent tank and Flareon can hit hard as well.
>>
>>33001593
>>33001578
Also, since it's coming up, I thought I'd ask.

How should I treat the Safari Zone? How does that work in a Nuzlocke, usually?
>>
>>33001672
It's a self imposed challenge so: however you want

that said most runs tend to go with "1 encounter per zone"
>>
>>33001672
>>33001701
I normally go with just 1 encounter in general. But Safari Zone is weird, so you could do as the other anon and do one encounter for each zone.
>>
>>33001672
i usually do 1 per zone just cause you probably wont catch it anyway
>>
File: Krab.png (4KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Krab.png
4KB, 256x384px
Name?
I managed to kill my first to mons in storm silver through crits. How fucked am I?
>>
>>33001965
STD,

Pretty fucked.
>>
File: Dukm.png (4KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Dukm.png
4KB, 256x384px
And this duck?
>>
never been so happy with a repeat - got a second staravia. backupbirb will sit nice and pretty in my pc and i will never be stranded without fly in a sinnoh game ever again
>>
>>33002051
CDH

just keep crittin

>>33002148
no dupes clause is underrated
>>
File: Batmon.png (8KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Batmon.png
8KB, 256x384px
>I got this instead of a geodude.
Guess I'm getting glaceon for falkner
>>
>>33002202
Oh, yeah, nickname please.
>>
>>33002202
SSHG?
You could also just go and try for a Mareep. There's a patch of grass before the guy stopping you.

>>33002213
If it's a boy, Bruce. If it's a girl, Babs.
>>
>>33002225
Storm Silver Sacred gold. Falkner has six pokémon
>>
>>33002242
>Falkner has six pokémon
Oh right, I remember that dumbass Swablu of his. I literally went
>rockthrow
>roost
>rockthrow
>roost
till exaustion of pp during my run. Fun times.
>>
>>32998730
>playing nuzlocke
>starter in red, and poisoned
>ran out of potions, was going to get more next town
>think to myself "shit, he's going down"
>notice linoone has iten
>"hey, I didn't give him anything..."
>obtain hyper potion of linoone
>mfw shitmon saved starters life
>>
> toxic spikes and spikes on the ground
> skull grunt uses roar
> puts on my 9hp yungoos
> actually survives with 1hp

this run is blessed
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
> Red card stakeout yungoos one shotting my ratata
>>
>>33002377
Now you need to keep a yungoos in your party.
Curse in disguise.
>>
File: Sun locke.png (268KB, 704x1213px) Image search: [Google]
Sun locke.png
268KB, 704x1213px
So recapping;

>Hapu easy
>Canyon challenging
>Dragon Totem is protecting scum
>Mimsy is my ace's replacement.
>About to fight Box legend
>>
>>33002723
You shouldn't have any problem, right?
>>
>>33002723
Wow, when'd Mismagius and Magneton die?

>>33002313
I wish I had Linoone in Red.
>>
File: 012 DIAMOND__30258.png (10KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
012 DIAMOND__30258.png
10KB, 256x384px
bollocks. wrong picture

so how the hell am i supposed to beat candice

the only person not weak to ice in my team is a glass cannon who would shatter in billion pieces the first physical attack

never thought i would end up with a team handpicked to be vulnerable to the shittiest type in the whole game but it happened
>>
>>33002807
Magneton got hit by a crit Hydro pump from Lusamine's Milotic (1st battle). Light Screen doesn't help against random crits.

Mismagius got fucked over by Totem Kommo-o and his accomplice Scizor.

Forgot that Mega Lusamine was before the fight against Nebby. No problems at all.
>>
>>33002921
Gastrodon is neutral to ice but 4x weak to grass. Could try teaching it any rock TMs you have & with a small number of EVs it should be able to outspeed Snover so long as you don't have a -Sp nature. Abomasnow will still outspeed you though, so you'll need to switch out to Staraptor anticipating a Wood Hammer (hoping to fuck it doesn't Avalanche) then you should be able to OHKO it with Brave Bird assuming you have it

Or you could just train up something else
>>
>>33003076
>so long as you don't have a -Sp nature
guess what

Can't really train anything else tho, i don't have anything else. I think i have a lvl22 finneon in the box? wouldn't help against abomasnow and snover anyway
>>
X and Y are such insane games to Nuzlocke. With a level cap in place, I consider them significantly harder than even Platinum, especially early game. It's not unusual for me to have lost more than half of my catches before getting through the second gym.

So how the fuck have I managed to get the first two badges without a single death this time around? I feel like I'm being set up for something terrible. This peace cannot last.

>Venipede is Bold
>Helioptile is Jolly
>Snubbull doesn't have Intimidate
>Bibarel is OP as fuck so far

This is a weird run overall.
>>
File: B95Ex9ECYAEhJi-.png (240KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
B95Ex9ECYAEhJi-.png
240KB, 500x500px
I just wanna say that you guys are the best and comfiest general in /vp/. I'm taking a break from Pokemon but I always come here to read about everyone's progress!

Please don't die to USUM hype threads! And good luck on your Nuzlockes!
>>
Hey, 'lockers. Still trying to devise a better chess-themed Nuzlocke variant. Been working on a dual template/infographic. Obviously the main section with the trainer and party pokemon isn't finished, but does it look like this is developing into something worth trying?
>>
>>33003096
Okay, done some fiddling about in Showdown damage calculator. Staraptor should be able to guaranteed-OHKO Sneasel with Brave Bird no matter its IVs/nature so long as you have at least 114 Atk (I'd play safe & go for above that because I can't remember how gym leader EV/IV spreads work). Snover & Medichan both go down in 1 Fly & Snover's Ice Shard shouldn't do more than 1/3 damage. And I *think* Brave Bird on Abomasnow (Fly won't OHKO) *should* leave you with red HP. Assuming Snover doesn't get a crit Ice Shard & neither Fly misses
>>
>>33003246
yeah guess i'll have to run with this one, but fly is a shit move that loves to screw me over. good thing ive captured backupbirb

thought about doing rock polish and going ham on rock moves but they're all innaccurate shit as well and golem would die to any sneeze. at least i think staraptor can survive a hit, if lucky

and i don't have brave birb yet, when do i learn it? dont really want to grind much, i'll probably just YOLO against candice and pick the stupid monkey (that helped this once and only this once the past run) next ime
>>
File: Sun locke.png (280KB, 704x1213px) Image search: [Google]
Sun locke.png
280KB, 704x1213px
>Mount Lanakila
Nice, hope I'll get an Ice type that isn't Snorunt
>Absol
>Takes a gazillion balls to catch it.
At least it's Adamant.
>>
>>33003117
Likewise - haven't touched a Pokemon game since making the mistake of attempting a Cuck Emerald nuzlocke a bunch of times a while back, but hanging around this general is slowly building up my motivation to play something else again

Love you guys xoxo
>>
>>33003281
>i don't have brave birb yet, when do i learn it?
Oh shit on a stick it doesn't learn it until Lv49

If you grind to Lv43 Fly will be more likely to OHKO Sneasel & Abomasnow than not, but it's not at all guaranteed & at this point I'd probably recommend getting backupbirb to a similar level now so it can take over mid-battle if Vaart dies. I'm sorry, Anon
>>
File: novasun 2.jpg (229KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
novasun 2.jpg
229KB, 1280x720px
So, a random trainer's Flaafygot 3 powers up with Charge Beam and I had no resistances to electric moves, what should I do?
>>
>>33003340
Cry yourself to sleep and then look for new encounters. Evolve Rattata.
>>
Wew. After 3 deaths on Melemele, 10 (TEN) on Akala, I thought I'd get off Ula'Ula with just one. Then Nanu's Persian Z-Moved my based Tsareena to death. That thing was a tank and hit like a truck, will be missed.

Just had the Guzma fight on Aether Paradise, got my Vibrava to finally evolve, but holy shit is Guzma difficult to beat without losing a mon. My Jolteon one-shot Z-moved his Golisopod, his Masquarian Bug Buzzed it to under half health, switched to Eviolite Shelgon when Pinsir came out, he got off two X-Scissors leaving it with 20 HP and getting off just one Rock Slide. Switched tk Vibrava, X-Scissor got it down to yellow, switched to Muk and he handled the rest. Not looking forward to Lusamine. Only have 5 mons on me, as I didn't want to waste time grinding another team member yet.
>>
>>33003386
I can't get any new encouter until after the totem gumshoos fight and i have two 6 mons team skull grunts to fights before, i'm screwed
>>
To people that collect physical cards, do they put energies in booster packs? Would a longtime collector of pokemon cards just have a stack of energy cards as tall as the twin towers?
>>
About to start a Platinum nuzlocke, haven't played Gen 4 in probably 6 years, so it should be fun and kind of surprising. I understand it's supposed to be the hardest vanilla game to nuzlocke. Any tips? Also, best nuzlocke starter for this game? I was thinking either Piplup or Turtwig for bulk.
>>
>>33003507
aaaaand I got swept, losing before the first Z-crystal must be a sign, i'm staying far away from anything nova-sun related for a while,
which game should i nuzlocke now? Is nameless fire red good?
>>
>>33003591
I'm sorry man, that sucks. No idea about nameless Fire Red though.

>>33003525
People that collect/play the card game don't have tall towers of energy cards. If anything we have around 10-20 cards of each energy in our binders. And yes energies are in boosters, these days it's 1 energy for every booster.
>>
File: 1491775288376.jpg (3KB, 96x125px) Image search: [Google]
1491775288376.jpg
3KB, 96x125px
Holy shit, out there grinding on the farm with Growlithe.
> Rustling Grass
> Dunsparce
> Flamewheel should do enough for 3 hit KO
> 3rd hit low rol
> 2nd Roll Out
> Fuck.jpg
> 1 HP survive

Nearly gave me a heart attack.
>>
>>33003636
It could have all been gone in an instant...

>>33003117
/nzg/ is so chill because we are "The old war buddies" on /vp/.

While everyone else is screeching about autistic shit, we're down in the trenches. (Living out the autistic shit.)
>>
>>33003591
Dude, run vanilla FireRed or LeafGreen. That's what I'm currently playing through. It's pretty easy, but it still keeps you on your toes.
>>
>>33003687
I ran Red ++ once and the low amount of wild pokemons got me bored super easily, is it better in Firered?
>>
I now know the pain of losing a bro in a Nuzlocke.

>Coming out of Rock Tunnel
>Up until now, everything I've lost has been replaceable or "meh"
>My team is beat up pretty bad, I'm low on healing items, but I'm almost there!
>A lass steps out of the shadows of the cave, challenging me to a duel
>Completely destroying her until...
>Pidgeotto... Use Whirlwind
>Put into an awkward position. I've already healed and any switch my result in death.
>Keep Arbok out, she just got Rock Slide anyway
>Quick Attack!
>Rock Slide misses!
>Quick Attack! It's a critical strike!

My poor Arbok. Her name was "N-Nani!"

She will be missed.
>>
>>33003722
No, not until after the second gym. You get some variety there, but it's only the first 150, we're talkin' about here...
>>
>>33003805
Well atleast her name fits her final moments.
However, R.I.P.
>>
File: IMG_2616.gif (899KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2616.gif
899KB, 500x309px
Good lord I had forgotten how strong Hariyama is. Ohkoing bitches left and right.
>>
uhhh i solved the candice problem quite easily

forgot i had a capture yet in acuity lakefront
got a medicham
gg candice

didn't even had to sacrifice a birb
>>
>>33003818
Yeah I'm probably going to run something vanilla, either Black or Red/Blue and going up through all games, I still haven't played all of them so that could be interesting,
>>
So I managed to beat Roxie with ease this time, better team after all thank god.
But now I come to Pokestar Studios and can't continue the game because I didn't delete the old save when going new game. I suppose I'll have to hack my team into a new game later and breeze myself through the first part of the game for another hour tomorrow.
>>
File: 1471466707566.gif (3MB, 273x206px) Image search: [Google]
1471466707566.gif
3MB, 273x206px
>>33003548
Pls respond. Is Piplup or Turtwig more reliable for a nuzlocke in vanilla Platinum?
>>
>>33004241
The answer is always Chimchar. Aside from Chimchar you only have Ponyta for a fire type not to mention Chimchar is just really good in Platinum.

Roark - Mach Punch
Gardenia - Speaks for itself
By the third gym you should have semi-finished team anyway.
Brycen - Close Combat
Candice - Close Combat or Flamethrower

Infernape does okay vs Team Galactic most of the time except golbats.
E4 goes okay. Bug, Ground, Fire, Psychic. So 1 down for Infernape. Gynthia is her own beast, Empoleon could help with ice beam against her Garchomp though.
>>
>>33004264
>>33004241
Con. Otherwise pick Piplup. Torterra sadly just sucks. Too many weaknesses, and you have better grass and ground types in game. Roserade, Gastrodon, Gliscor, Garchomp. The list goes on.
>>
>>33003896
Welp, glad you got there in the end anyway mate
>>
File: IMG_4304.png (158KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4304.png
158KB, 1024x576px
I'm fucked. I played my last ten runs on a sped up GBA emulator and now I literally can't start a gen 4/5 run without getting bored to death two hours in. Guess I'll take a break for a few weeks, see if I can get some motivation back to finally pick up my Platinum nuzlocke again
>>
>>33004264
>>33004274
>thought Platinum rectified the fire mon problem, it's been years
>only no moves Flareon, Magmar I can't evolve or Houndoom (who I love)

Fuck, what were they thinking? Damn, Empoleon and Torterra are two of my favorite starters in any of the games, but I'm not trying to fuck around.

So it begins! Ava the Quirky Female Chimchar. Jesus, barely won with 2 HP because Barry is a Growl-spamming faggot. This better not be an omen, almost wiping on my first battle.
>>
>>33004441
>only no moves Flareon, Magmar I can't evolve or Houndoom (who I love)

There's also Ponyta, evolves kinda late but it's pretty decent I suppose
>>
File: Y Nuzlocke Part 5, First Blood.png (445KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Y Nuzlocke Part 5, First Blood.png
445KB, 1280x720px
>>33003097
I had a feeling that Reflecting Cave would spill the first blood. Tried to avoid the really tough trainers, but accidentally bumped into the Sawk. Unbeknownst to me, it had Bulldoze, and my Seviper fell.

My Level Cap is 32, but I don't have all that far to go until the gym. I know I have a fight against Serena, and I also have a Route 12 encounter that I can grab. I think I'll head to Route 12, use a Honey to try and force a Mareep Swarm, but keep my team as they are for the time being. Train everyone to 30, fight Serena, rebuild as needed, and then it's gym time.
>>
File: 1499658013403.png (387KB, 780x679px) Image search: [Google]
1499658013403.png
387KB, 780x679px
Questionnaire time, for anyone that's interested!

>What are you currently running?
>What is your team
>What trainer sprite most closely represents you?
>What has been your hardest loss in your current run?
>Any recent stories?
>Anything interesting happening this upcoming week? (Both in-game or out.)
>>
>>33004537
Well yeah, but theu already mentioned that. I meant the ones Platinum added.

Holy hell, grinding is such a chore in this game.
>>
>>33004383
If you have a good enough computer, you can speed up Gen 4/5 games, too.
>>
>>33004745
> Currently Running Volt White 2
> >>33004233
> I'd say Hilbert represents me physically, otherwise old school red because of black hair.
> Wiped out twice, but the second time was the worst because I could've easily won the battle had I played less safe like normal.
> >>33003636
> Nope, nothing
>>
File: Screenshot_20170711-221247.jpg (642KB, 1065x738px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170711-221247.jpg
642KB, 1065x738px
Want to know how Norman went?
It didn't. This was just a trainer with a Dodrio.
>>
File: Clerk.png (2KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
Clerk.png
2KB, 80x80px
>>33004719
First time I've forgotten to turn on my trip.

>>33004745
>Y
>Braixen, Pidgeotto, Meditite, Skiddo, Bibarel, Nidoking
>pic related
>My only loss, my Seviper
>Bibarel is OP as fuck early game
>Put in an offer on a house, and it got accepted. Signing lots of paperwork
>>
File: Screenshot_20170711-223655.jpg (615KB, 1054x705px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170711-223655.jpg
615KB, 1054x705px
>DESPISE training for Norman
>Decide to cut to him early because I hate this
>Lose two
>Have to redo all that training on two new mons

whelp

At least Seel will be helpful... Norman is a Flying type gym

>>33004807
Congrats on the new house!
>>
>>33004790
>second time was the worst because I could've easily won the battle had I played less safe like normal.

Isn't that the worst? It's amazing how counterintuitive being overly cautious can be sometimes. In a normal play through you wouldn't think twice about it, but the raised stakes work against you.

>>33004807
Congrats on the new house, Anon. I hope your current run goes well, too!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170711-204541.png (152KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170711-204541.png
152KB, 720x1280px
Just took down Giovanni

RIP Galvantula. You were my very first encounter and my best friend until the end.
>>
>>33004990
I mean Gio at Silph btw
>>
>>33002807
I have update on this, one, I am preparing for the elite four now, two, rip linnone
>aqua tail brought her out
>she can take the hit i said
>not worth the risk of switching I said
>their milotic won't crit I said

Third thing, I need a replacement member, so should I level my swablu, absol, or trapinch?
>>
>>33005137
Trapinch.
>>
>>33005256
Well, I guess then I'll go level him, as it's soon to be E4 and Steven time, I guess I best list of the fallen soldiers of my run, here goes... rest in peace
>Venom the Dustox
>Charge the minum
>Cobalt the larion
>Asteroid the lunatone
>Vamp the crobat (fuck stone edge)
>Arrow the linoone

I hope no more souls are lost today
>>
>>33004944
>>33004974
well the house ain't mine yet, there's still an inspection to be done, after which I can back out if there's something majorly wrong, but thanks anons! And good luck on your runs as well!
>>
File: save over.png (8KB, 938x709px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
8KB, 938x709px
Okay so I just smashed me a Ghost gym, climbed a lighthouse, need to get some medicine and have no idea where to go or what to do
it's been maybe a bit too long since I played Silver, I have Strength and Cut, where the fuck am I going?
>>
>>33006122
... ACROSS THE SEA TO A DISTANT ISLAND...
>>
>>33006128
So I gotta go find Surf then? I knew the town I had to get to was over there but been looking around and not finding an HM or anything
>>
>>33006164
Get surf
Get gud
Go to Cinawood
Get medicine
Get badge
Go to Olivine
Get Ampharos healed
Get badge
Get gud
Go to ice man
Get badge
Get lake of rage
Get gud
>>
>>33006262
thanks famalama
>>
>stuck doing endless nuzlockes cause the new games are boring hoping that the next game will somehow be as challenging as the older ones when you were a kid
>nuzlockes are too easy because you understand the game
>>
>>33006928
>nuzlockes are too easy
there are always new restrictions to try or complete randomizers/new romhacks to play (which throw your understanding of the game out the window)
>>
File: Sun locke.png (280KB, 704x1213px) Image search: [Google]
Sun locke.png
280KB, 704x1213px
About to take on the Elite four with this team;
>Mikey the Hariyama, holding Silk Scarf
>Garbo the Muk, holding Poison Barb
>Wanda the Pelipper holding Sharp Beak
>Fauna the Lurantis holding Scope Lense
>Murdoc the Mudsdale holding Soft Sand
>Mimsy the Mimikyu, holding Spell Tag.

All level 53. Wish me luck lads.
>>
>>33007406
pelipper is an underrated beast

it will take you far
>>
File: NuzlockeRun.png (29KB, 1004x381px) Image search: [Google]
NuzlockeRun.png
29KB, 1004x381px
Time for a daily blogpos- Err, I mean... Update...
I caught a Growlithe and was going to use him in Erika's gym, but then I realized there was that patch of grass above the cycling road, and what do you know I caught Doduo. I actually never used him before, so I trained him up and what do you know! He bent that bitch over and took 'er to pound town. (He was underleveled and pulled out of it without taking any damage.)

So, I guess next is the Team Rocket stuff, followed by the Safari Zone and Koga. I have a Growlithe, Magikarp, Voltorb, and Fearow in reserve for when someone inevitably happens to one of these guys. I also caught a Meowth, but he's specifically been used for harvesting items and money.
>>
>>33008295
dodrio is great
i miss him

and pickup is nowhere as useful as it was in emerald for me but meowth still managed to snag some pp ups and rare candies which can save you some grinding later
>>
>>33008305
>pp ups
What?! I'll need to look up where to find those. So far he's got me a few rare candies and a ton of berries.
>>
>>33008295
Love Wigglytuff still being there, never see it used.
>>
File: Sun locke.png (288KB, 704x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Sun locke.png
288KB, 704x1296px
Defeated the Elite four, Kukui and I catched Tapu Koko in a Great Ball.

A few close calls, all of them related to Z-Move aces but no deaths. Got scummy and Switched in Mimsy on Z-move users. Disguise is an amazing ability.

What's next? Post-Game Sun or actually finish my Y run (I'm at victory Road in that one)
>>
>>33008562
I'm fairly certain he will be on my team until endgame. I've even considered switching out Wartortle, but not "BigglyDicc". Sing + Rollout is brutal as fuck.
>>
>>33008604
>(I'm at victory Road in that one)
Dude, go finish that shit realy quick.
>>
File: red.jpg (179KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
179KB, 1024x768px
So I started a Vanilla Red Nuzlocke, and i'll maybe go through all games i'll see

Anyway, is kakuna even worth evolving or should I just box it immediatly? I really don't know, i actually never played non-hacked Red now that I think of it
>>
>>33008604
Congrats!
>>
>>33008680
For me, Beedrill was great in the beginning, but she died at the end of Mt Moon. I realized that I was spending too much effort trying to keep her alive.

My recommendation is to not allow yourself to over-level at Gyms. This game is WAY too easy if you even match each gym leader's ace.
>>
>>33008700
Should I do something like matching the leader's worst mon then?
>>
>>33008717
That's what I've been doing. With type advantage, it's still been pretty easy. You have to make your best judgement on some of the leaders, though. For example, Surge's strongest is 6 levels above his weakest.
>>
>>33008722
it's a game pre hold items, abilities and with a very limited moveset though. strategies are limited to "whats gud against this". don't overlevel and enjoy the ride, even 5-10 levels below something you can still turn the tables by type advantage/resistance alone
>>
>>33008680
I'd say the game becomes incredibly easy if you get a Gyarados.
>>
>>33008745
I guess i'll play with an emulator on my 3ds rather than on my computer then, so i won't turbo grind like i'm used to
>>
File: 2017-07-12_18h32_03.png (6KB, 140x139px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-12_18h32_03.png
6KB, 140x139px
WTF are gen 1 sprites
>>
>>33008819
Gen 1 sprites are a bubble of joy. Nothing can compare to the cuteness.
>>
File: MakeItStop.jpg (20KB, 358x400px) Image search: [Google]
MakeItStop.jpg
20KB, 358x400px
>>33008295
Wartortle I jinxed it!

Giovanni's Kanghaskan destroyed him.

My stomach physically hurts, at least it wasn't Wigglytuff.
>>
>>33009400
F

Actually Anon that must blow hard, especially with Blaine and Giovanni's gyms later on where Blastoise would've gone to town.
>>
>>33009432
Yeah. I guess I'll have to replace him with Gyarados. Or maybe I'll get lucky with a different water mon.

I just got the dark glasses for him too. :(
>>
>>33009444
Gyarados is amazing in game. Or if you could get a Starmie, that would be nice too.
>>
>play W2 for the first time with snivy
>first rival battle
>tepig does a fuckton and 4hkos with tackle
>panic because i'm gonna lose early
>clutch it out because hugh tail whips instead of killing
is this normal?
>>
>>33009462
Retarded early Rival battle?
Yeah, pretty much for every Pokemon game.
>>
File: first gym!.jpg (1MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
first gym!.jpg
1MB, 1632x1224px
It totally slipped my mind that Pepper learns Flame Charge so early, so Cheren was a breeze. I fear Roxie, though...
>>
>>33009551
Get Scoot over to the same level as Pepper, Roxie's ace is Poison/Bug so those two Pokemon should be able to handle it. Antidotes and Potions are useful but you only allow 2 items per fight so good luck with that.
>>
>>33009529
it's more that i usually don't have that much trouble on a first battle

maybe snivy's just super frail and tepig's super strong
>>
>>33004719

Part of me is glad I lost that Seviper now, because this Nidoking is a beast.
>>
> First time playing on a computer emulator
> grinds on turbo mode
> Rattata dies I don't even know how
> Put the game back on my 3ds emulator where i can't turbo mode

Why am I so stupid /vp/ ?
>>
>>33009551
Some scumbag crit and OHKOed Scoot. I'm fucking mad.
>>
Just started a Platinum Nuzlocke. First 'mon is Bold Chimchar. This is not looking like a lucky run.
>>
File: Y Nuzlocke Part 6, fuck.png (434KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Y Nuzlocke Part 6, fuck.png
434KB, 1280x720px
stupid Absol.

I don't like anything left in my box. I might just 5-mon this gym.
>>
>>33010159
Take Celebrian, Scolipede is a bro. Poison/Bug with amazing speed, if it has speed boost even better. Boldog can also come in handy with fairy typing.
>>
>>33010152
honestly it's not the end of the world
i'm autismal about natures and all but bold is far from a bad nature on chimchar

>>33010075
never go all-out crazy on grinding unless you're sure it's "safe"

>>33010141
i don't follow a ton of nuzlockes but i swear pidove always dies early

>>33010159
it's always a good idea to bring a sack but if you're confident go for it
also holy fuck those are some good boxedmons
>>
>>33010159
Evolve Aragorn and teach it Surf and Fly. It will be a good temporary HM user and a good sacrifice if need be, though I don't like the idea of sacrificing. However, Pelipper is a utility and nothing more, in my eyes.
>>
>>33010177
My concern with both of those is that they don't get anything good for a while. My level cap right now is 32, so I'll have a Whirlipede or a Granbull with no Fairy type moves. The fact that the Venipede is Bold and the Granbull has Quick Feet don't work in their favor either.

>>33010185
yeah, I've got some nice backups, just nothing that'll be great for Korrina. Maybe I'll bring Luvdisc for sacking.
>>
>>33009432
>>33009456
When POKEGOD closes one door, he opens another. I immediately found a Poliwag after retrieving the Good Rod, so I think I'll be using him for a little while.
>>
>>33010564
N I C E
>>
So I'm playing Volt White 2 Nuzlocke.
3rd Gym Leader ( Bug )
Lvl 27 Growlithe, can't find the lvl up move set changes for the lil' guy. I have a fire stone but bad moves, should I bite the bullet and evolve for better stats?
>>
>>33008819
gen 1 sprites are amazing, they had to stick a lot of emotion and movement into a single image instead of relying heavily on animation like they do now. Plus the limitations of the game boy could only produce so much image quality. They're all so good and I love them.
>>
>>33010762
It's always hard to determine when to evolve these mons.
>>
>>33010807
Yeah, that's why I'm nervous now. I can probably get by the 3rd Gym without an Arcanine. But if I wait too long I'll lack stats that can really come in handy.
>>
>>33010807
>>33010845
Yeah okay, using a lvl 27 Swellow and sacking off a random boxed pokemon to heal was enough even with an intimidate drop.
>>
File: qAnyLgn.png (10KB, 451x213px) Image search: [Google]
qAnyLgn.png
10KB, 451x213px
>>33008819
>>33010794
some of them are pretty janky
i wouldn't argue if you said this was charming though
>>
File: team4.jpg (50KB, 514x284px) Image search: [Google]
team4.jpg
50KB, 514x284px
>>33010762
doing the challenge mode blazeblack 2 nuzlocke here
third gym was horrifying, only reason I got through it was because of victini and lemonade spam

I'm honestly considering calling it quits on the nuzlocke and continuing on as a regular run from this point onwards

yeh I made it out without casualties, but when the third gym starts tossing out stab megahorns on a FE 'mon I'm dreading what the 4th will do.

Got extremely lucky with my sewer catch, rash gastly
>>
>>33011203
Yeah, I made it out of there with ease. Then almost had a wipe and only left with 2 pokemon of the original team when fighting Colress.

That Rotom is unfair, that thing shouldn't exist.
>>
>>33011271
oh yeh I have to go to colress

...well let's see if the run ends here
>>
>>33011362
The worst part is, it says Rotom. But you don't know which Rotom it is and 4/5 of my team was weak to it.
>>
>>33010159
Gwaihir died to a Belly Drum Knock Off from a Hariyama that one of the gym trainers had. It put me in a bit of a "fuck this shit" mood, and I suicided ran into the gym leader.

I then ended up winning without any deaths.

I'm gonna go take a break before my grief leads me to do more reckless shit.
>>
>>33002921
train up that bibarel
>>
>>33011424
Rotom-F
which had speed boost

lost nobody but at this point it's clear I'm being carried heavily by victini (who by the way managed to tank a crit dark pulse from said rotom)

not sure if I should continue, technically I'm doing fine but a nuzlocke that's being carried by a legendary just feels wrong
>>
>>33011571
I can completely understand how you feel. Victini being a legendary certainly helped as shown by surviving a crit dark pulse at lvl 30~.

But so long as you allowed legendaries in your nuzlocke it should be fine. That Rotom-F is hacked to the point of not being allowed to exist thanks to speed boost though. That is not fair gameplay.
>>
>>33011657
well you the player also has access to a rotom-f with speed boost, that romhack changed several pokemon significantly and I'm not about to complain given one of the changes has been HEAVILY in my advantage (buffed dustox basically beat the first and second gym for me)

didn't you get the documents on the various changes to certain pokemon?
>>
>>33011674
I do have the documents, but not everything is accurate so I don't know what I can trust.
>>
>>33011707
just checked mine after the fight and it does say he has a rotom-f with speed boost

maybe yours are out of date?
>>
>>33011719
That could be the case, but what's done is done. Just going to have to grind up a new team.
>>
>>33011734
http://www filedropper com/documents_41
here are my documents
>>
File: PokemonPlatinumNuzlocke.png (419KB, 1063x751px) Image search: [Google]
PokemonPlatinumNuzlocke.png
419KB, 1063x751px
I'm slowly dying /nuz/.

Entered Canalave City with a Barry surprise battle (no one died)

Luxor, my beautiful Drifblim, along with my Houndoom, Floatzel, and Gastrodon died while training Magnemite and Quagsire which both ultimately died, ALL SIX in Iron Island.

I'm thinking about bringing the current team all up to level 40 before hitting the Canalave Gym.
Wish me luck guys.
>>
Well as my above conversation showed, I am mad. That Colress fight with the Speed Boost Rotom-Fan was pure bull shit, and especially bad because my team was just completely weak to that typing.

Now currently grinding this new team up, it looks like a fun team, but wether or not they can survive long enough through grinding to come to use is another story.
>>
>>33012116
Should clarify, I didn't wipe while training, they died one by one and so has my heart I'm so sorry Luxor
>>
>>33012116
>>33012133
For the next gym, wouldn't be smart to grab up the hippopotas in your box? Ground typing will come in handy for that gym and for the eight.
>>
>>33012147
You're right anon, I'll switch out the Bibarel and train it up also
Thanks!
>>
>>33012132
>Speed Boost Rotom-Fan
I'm so sorry that sucks
>>
>>33012132
Colress wiped out my whole team on VW2 and all but one in BB2. I don't do "wipe, you lose" rule, but retraining a whole new team was painful. Then Clay wiped out my whole team in BB2, had to make another. This game is brutal.
>>
>>33012278
I'm just hoping that Arcanine/Yamask/Munchlax can pull me through the next gym. One thing for sure, Yamask and Munchlax will evolve before I take that gym on.
>>
File: red.jpg (182KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
182KB, 1024x768px
Holy shit, red is so outdated and broken, if even becames pretty hard sometimes
Shit movepools and shit encounters + griding take AGES

I also had the worst luck with my encounters, Zubat, beedrill and oddish (after i started with bulbasaur)
Pidgeotto is a beast tho, after all the bad things i heard about gen 1 Pidgeotto and how Fearow was way better, he really carried the beggining of the run
>>
>>33012317
Don't you have anyone else?
>>
>>33012461
fearow is still better tho

drill peck wrecks anything not made of rock
>>
>>33012491
Well I would have one if he didn't got critted to death before i could catch him
>>
>>33012489
In a normal situation Gloom would be a good option, however this is Elesa and she of course has Emolga and Zebstrika. Because of that I have no choice but to rely purely on tanking her hits out.
>>
>>33012566
Fug, this may be a run-killer. No shame in a little overlevelong when understaffed.

Well, after spending most of the 7.5 hours I've been playing my Platinum nuzlocke grinding like a madman, I am finally ready to take on Roark and his bullshit 125 ATK Cranidos. Only capture I missed was Abra (fuck Teleport). I've had great luck with Natures, too.

Team:
Aya/F/Quirky Monferno Lv.15
Teef/M/Adamant Bibarel Lv.15
Luna/F/Lonely Staravia Lv.15
Lonzo/M/Quiet Luxio Lv.15
Darlin/F/Modest Psyduck Lv.15
Sedimina/F/Relaxed Geodude Lv.15

Box:
Brooze/M/Careful Zubat Lv.11
Vex/M/Hardy Ponyta Lv.5
Medusa/F/Quiet Lv.6
Apocala/F/Hasty Lv.4

Let's fucking do this.
>>
>>33012647
*Medusa Onix, Apocala Magikarp
>>
>>33012647
>>33012665
Sheesh that's alot of grinding. But wouldn't Bibarel, Monferno and Psyduck be enough to send Roark into another dimension?
>>
>>33012647
Modest Psyduck 2OP4Roark. 3 Water Guns and it's over.
>>
>togetic used explosion
Well, it was bound to happen eventually
>>
File: 3 Beat Roxie!.jpg (1MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
3 Beat Roxie!.jpg
1MB, 1632x1224px
Roxie was a bit more scary than Cheren, and everyone was at <half HP in the end. Zipzap was a goddamn blessing. I will continue on to PokeStar Studios tomorrow, but I feel like playing something else now, maybe get to playing postgame on the B2 copy I used to get Challenge Mode for W2. Or something else. Either way, I'm out. Good night everyone!
>>
>>33013360
was it at least against something good?

>>33013374
it's cool that you draw your template on good ol' pen and paper. the constant erasing on the team's a little awkward but i like it. and yeah, magnemite's a top-tier nuzlocke mon.
>>
>>33013419
Against Marill in Pastoria Gym

Really made the battle vs Crasher Wake harder, was lucky to win it without a loss
>>
File: 20170713_134718.png (654KB, 1440x1058px) Image search: [Google]
20170713_134718.png
654KB, 1440x1058px
>>33013360
I'm the guy from doing a Platinum run from a while ago btw, I just started playing again.

After Crasher Wake, I lost my Crobat in the Ace Trainers double battle on Route 110, the ones with Gyarados and Raichu. Very close to losing Happy too. I really need an electric resist.
>>
File: Y Nuzlocke Part 8, Scolisweep.png (462KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Y Nuzlocke Part 8, Scolisweep.png
462KB, 1280x720px
>>33011434
I was really opposed to using Celebrian, my now Scolipede, for a couple of reasons. I already have a Poison type, and she has a -Atk nature. But, with a Grass gym on the horizon and my Nidoking, Frodo, already at level cap before even reaching Coumarine, I decided to add her to the team, at the suggestion of some people here.

I apologize for doubting you guys. She worked wonders. Ramos is down, new level cap is 37, and now it's time for the dreaded Route 13.
>>
>>33013987
Good luck, my nigga.

I like your team. (It actually looks about like the team I actually used for that game.)
>>
where they at tho
>>
>>33014063
Thanks, I appreciate the support.

Team's working out well in this state. Clemont got fucked, and with 2 poison types on my team, I don't think Valerie's gonna be too tough either.
>>
>>33014680
And so soon after such a lovely victory, Cerebrian the Scolipede falls in the fight against Serena.

Crud.
>>
>>33014702
Maaaaan... I was honestly kind've rootin' for Scolipede.
>>
>>33014702
She knew you never really wanted her, that your heart already belonged to Frodo, so she committed to an honorable death in battle.

>>33012695
Time for the 2nd gym, got my guys up to 22, dropping off Darlin' the Psyduck for my newly evolved Brooz the Golbat. With a Monferno, Staravia and Golbat, this should be a breeze.
>>
>>33014724
>your heart already belonged to Frodo
>belonged to Frodo
>Frodo
>

Fucking. Fraxure. Dragon Danced while I switched out Morwen, took a Poison Jab from Frodo with a sliver left, Danced again, then got a Critical Dragon Claw.

X and Y are so brutal. This is why I've never beaten a Kalos Nuzlocke.
>>
>>33014724
Easy. That Roserade got Ava the Monferno into the yellow with just two Magical Leafs, but otherwise no problem. Time to fuck up Team Galactic.
>>
File: NuzlockeRun.png (26KB, 962x346px) Image search: [Google]
NuzlockeRun.png
26KB, 962x346px
>>33014777
(T-T) LIFE IS GAY.

KEEP AT IT, ANON. I believe in you... Just be careful!

I'm at the Silph Co. building and literally every fight is beginning to result in a close call. Death will strike soon. I can feel it... Who shall it take?
>>
>>33014777
checked

Goddamn, that's a quick 1-2 to the chin and balls. I don't think I finished my X nuzlocke (mostly because I got bored), but it was surprisingly tough. Sun, however (I'm still also doing) has been a fucking bloodbath for me. 15 dead. Watch out for Lysandre in Flare Cafe, he killed like 4 of my guys, IIRC.
>>
>>33014792
I'm gonna bet on Hypno.
>>
>>33002921
>Entire team pretty much weak to ice.

I feel you man, lost pretty much my beginning game team to Candice because of a glaring ice weakness.Thinking of starting over because of how much I don't want to grind, but I feel pretty shitty knowing how far I've come in the game. Hang in there man.
>>
>>33014801
Wew fucking lad, almost lost three different mons in the Galactic Building. That X Sp.Atk using Kadabra nearly one-shot my Psyduck, and Jupiter's Skuntank would have one-shot my Staravia if it crit with Night Slash (which, out of 5 uses in the battle, it amazingly didn't), instead leaving it low yellow. Switch to Geodude, tank a Night slash for a third HP. Uses Poison Gas (luckily), I nail a Magnitude 7, get it red, eats Sitrus Berry, still yellow. Hits one more Night Slash, Magnitude 9, win.

All it would have taken is one crit. Even my hardest hitting Staravia was doing just a quarter damage or less before I switched in my Geodude. It could have been a bloodbath. Thank you based magnitude.
>>
File: 1406779580942.png (71KB, 282x223px) Image search: [Google]
1406779580942.png
71KB, 282x223px
I tapped out in my Platinum run lads, After loosing both Simon the Crobat and Miracle the Gyrados to a super cursed up Grotle, I nearly gave up then while training I lost my started to a Machoke revenge hit from the bowels of hell, I decided to to try again, too many fallen to go on for me.
>>
>>33015009
How far did you get before losing your first mon? Curious, because I heard this is the hardest vanilla game to nuzlocke, yet I'm about to leave Eterna City and haven't lost anyone yet (though I've come very close several times).
>>
>>33015025
Not him but it only gets harder.
>>
Starting a fresh run of Y on my 3DS since I'm going to be traveling the next week. For vanilla game, I'm doing regular rules, set, no dupes, and no exp share. Doing it semi blind since I only ran through once. How screwed am I?

Also reply chooses starter
>>
>>33015025

If you've defeated the Skuntank, you've probably beaten the worst of it early game, but there's still some tricky shit sprinkled throughout, especially the likes of Fantina and the Distortion World areas, neither of which have ever made me lose anyone, but it's still tough.

Platinum is probably the hardest vanilla game. HGSS is just demoralising with the grind, while BW2 is very luck based with encounters until after Clay and has a brutal lategame.
>>
>>33015069
chespin
>>
>>33015025
This is him, I lost my Psyduck to a Crit headbutt from Cranidos. Sad times man
>>
>>33015100
Cool. Nice digits too. So far my run looks more like Kanto than Kalos, have Chespin, Pidgey and Caterpie. Getting on a plane so will have time to play on my flight.
>>
Just started a HG nuzlocke, already got my mareep PHYMA and swept the first gym.
Is the whole game gonna be this easy or will there be random difficulty spikes?
>>
File: start.jpg (624KB, 1200x860px) Image search: [Google]
start.jpg
624KB, 1200x860px
here i go, got a old 3ds xl since my first one was stolen and downloaded AS, a fresh start!
one day i will be creative with names
>>
>>33015321
That sounds like shit, having it stolen.
I've had a similar experience, first my brother lost my DS and bought me a DSi and then my father sold it.
Luckily my mother bought me my first 3DS a year after that as consolation.

Good Luck with the nuzlocke.
>>
>>33015293
First badge get! I'm mobile so no cool templates but my team is currently

Adelle (Azurill) lv9
Grande (Bunnelby) lv9
Paul Rudd (Butterfree) lv10
Heath Ledger (Chespin) lv11
Johnny D (Pidgey) lv13

Funfact: X/Y won't let you use the name Depp.
>>
>>33015321
Flash is okay, it gets Speed Boost and it's red. Also, I'm sorry to hear that. Wow.

>>33015722
Where ya flying to, anon?
Also, congrats! That's a weird name censor.

>>33015298
The game's pretty easy but grinding is a chore.

>>33015080
Fuck Skuntank.
>>
>>33015321
may is qt
QT!
>>
>>33015791
But not the qtst.
>>
>>33015755
Tampa. Visiting some family for a reunion. I'm pretty excited cause I haven't seen a lot of them in a while.

I was scared to use Azurill much cause I forgot Fairy's strengths/weaknesses and wasn't gonna pay for the wifi on the plane. Nearly had a death using her against the trainer with Kakuna and poison sting.
>>
Bumping with fuck airports and Lumoise City is too big. Also chose Squirtle from the Professor but am boxing it. Also got a Budew.
>>
>>33016456
Budew is a bro, good catch.
>>
Famous last words - "there's no way this shinx will hit three critical hits in a row"

RIP Budew. Never used one, was kinda excited about seeing it grow. But alas, 'tis was not meant to be
>>
>>33017117

Never take that chance. Defying the Random Number Gods causes them to smite you.
>>
>>33017117
>>33017129
I've been coming across double crits lately, dear god triple crits is just overkill.
>>
>>33017142

I've missed 95% accurate moves four times in a row. It's par for the course.
>>
>>33017156
I jinxed it. Just as I spoke about crits, Ponyta crit low kicked my full HP Munchlax and killed it.
>>
>>33017188
>getting a munchlax in a nuzlocke
what the fuck
>>
>>33017202
Volt White 2, Hidden Grotto.
Nuzlocking this game is not fun.
>>
>>33017211
>>33017202
>>33017156
And now I couldn't run away twice from a wild battle and lost another mon.
>>
>>33012132
>>33017308
Lost the Nuzlocke again, Elesa of course just had to have a Lanturn with Ice Beam. And it didn't help that Munchlax and Yamask died during grinding.

Fuck this romhack, never playing it again.
>>
>>33017800
This is why I just play standard games, but impose additional rules. Romhacks just so often take the "let's be cheap for the sake of difficulty" route.
>>
>>33017826
>>33017800
The main reason I picked it is because a wider variety of pokemon available. I don't want to randomize games because I've already done that so much.
But you're right in saying these Romhacks are being cheap in difficulty.
>>
>>33017840
>The main reason I picked it is because a wider variety of pokemon available.
Yeah, i'd love for romhacks that just makes more pokemon avaliable all around instead of changing teams-movesets. Too bad most people can't control themselves over FIXING GAMEFREAK MISTAKES and make all kind of dumb changes
>>
>>33017859
For now I'm thinking of doing HGG/SS, got any interesting rules I could apply?
>>
File: Layout.png (296KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Layout.png
296KB, 1280x720px
Replace "Blue" with "HG/SS"
>>
>>33017859
sometimes changes are okay if it's done to make an ordinarily completely useless pokemon useful
>>
File: Heirlocke Example.png (364KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Heirlocke Example.png
364KB, 1280x720px
>>33017877
meant to quote >>33017873
>>
>>33017880
That's true, but giving Elesa a Lanturn with Ice Beam to counter grass pokemon with it when she already has Emolga and Zebstrika with a fire move is overkill.
Not to mention Colress a bit before it having a Rotom-Fan with Speed Boost, Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, Air Slash and another move I forgot.
>>
>>33017880
i'd rather have the challenge of raising a shitmon on my team than having to guess which bullshit addition the romhackers added to certain trainers

i can deal with raising ledyba and have way more fun with it than trying to guess if brock's six team isn't full of hydropump steelixes
>>
>>33017894
did you get beyond the lanturn to meet the electrabuzz with LO volt switch, ice punch, psychic, cross chop?

interestingly her hard mode team's laturn doesn't have ice beam, but it does have parafusion
>>
>>33017919
to be completely fair, it's not unreasonable to expect a gym leader laturn to have ice beam
>>
>>33017889
A Heirlocke sounds interesting, but making a nice layout with the space required for that might be a bit hard. So I'll think about it as an option for now.

>>33017919
You're completely right in that, at first I was optimistic, but then everytime I got fucked over it was because of those changes to movesets and pokemon or of course to crits and one time being unable to escape.

What if I do a challenge where I'm only allowed a certain amount of types. Not a monotype since that would be incredibly hard to get a full team with. But maybe 4~ types that I'm allowed to catch ( Primary, Secondary can be whatever ).

>>33017938
I did not come to the electabuzz, I did come to the Ampharos, which had Power Gem which is normal I believe but by that time it was already too late.

>>33017947
If it was just the Lanturn that she had with heck one more pokemon to hit a grass type with super effective then I would have no problem. But Ice Beam is a TM move and added ontop of that is that probably her entire team could hit grass types for super effective damage.
>>
>>33017947
it is unreasonable to expected rotom-f with speed boost though

"but the doc said he had it"

having to play with a doc in hand just to know which changes the author of the romhack did is bullshit
>>
>>33017963
you know I just checked and her entire team can indeed hit grass types SE

Emolga has flying gem acrobatics
Ampharos has signal beam
Lanturn has ice beam
Electrabuzz has ice punch
Zebstrika has bounce and white herb overheat
>>
>>33017964
to be fair, you could have installed the version of the hack without changes to the various pokemon
>>
>>33018001
it only had one link from where i downloaded it, i have no idea which version is it
>>
>>33018001
Well I didn't know the Vanilla version meant it had unchanged movesets. The place I got the rom from didn't really specify the differences.

>>33017992
That's just stupid.
>>
>>33018026
to be fair I don't think it's intended as much
ice attacks unfortunately hit both ground and grass SE and I'm willing to bet the idea was to hit the former, signal beam just happens to be one of the few coverage moves electic types get, you can't really expect emolga to not have a flying move and zebstrika's access to fire moves is something most folks should be well aware of
that said if you're not doing a nuzlocke this isn't to bad
>>
>>33018026
>That's just stupid.
No that's challenging. Git gud scrub :^)
>>
>>33018043
I understand that it is highly likely for ground types considering the area before the gym is where you normally catch pokemon like Sandile.
Zebstrika in the original games has Flame Charge if I recall and Emolga is a flying type so those I could see coming anyway. What's an annoyance is that For Electabuzz/Lanturn its Move Tutor/TMs and Ampharos's Signal Beam/Power Gem are both attacks it normally doesn't have at lvl 33 which it was.
I would probably have been able to beat it, had the other two pokemon I was trying to grind up died. But even then, the game makes it close to impossible for a safe switch in on any pokemon.

>>33018046
K senpai, thanks for the input.
>>
File: 1477499735792.png (274KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477499735792.png
274KB, 853x480px
>>33017877
Not that guy, but I might start a run like this in HG/SS. They may be easy and a massive pain the the dick to grind in, but I'm sure the sheer length of the game would cause me to go through a few members. Plus, the ruleset stops me ditching things with bad natures, like I normally would.
>>
File: BB4.png (314KB, 1220x724px) Image search: [Google]
BB4.png
314KB, 1220x724px
RIP in Pieces Inanna, was really looking forward to a Haxorus late game. Even though it was measly poison that took her out in the end, she proved she was awaited in Vahalla for the amount of hits she tanked and the ones she dealt out. Still though, fuck Burgh, that team was hell to deal with. If it weren't for Bibi turning into an nigh-indestructible Rollout machine after ~15 of Moody stat boosts, that probably would have been a run-ending battle. All this talk of Elesa has me worried though, even with my Krokorok.
>>
>>32998730
Which android Emulator is superior to the other ones?
>>
>>33018292
ds
>>
>>33018292
drastic is the best DS emulator in any platform and the third best way of playing DS games (besides playing them on a 3DS or a DS itself)
>>
>>33018199
why not just play the drayano romhacks ?
they fixed the level curve
>>
>>33018553
Playing on the DS is infinitely comfier than playing on a computer.
>>
Im gonna try my first nuzlocke ever. What kind of rule for iems would you suggest I use? Playing LeafGreen.
>>
>>33018567
>not having a flashcart
>>
>>33018652
LeafGreen's stupidly easy. I recommend banning items in battle altogether, setting yourself a level cap based on the next gym leader's strongest Pokémon, and disallowing Gift Pokémon and interractible Pokémon.
>>
File: Logo.png (530KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Logo.png
530KB, 1920x1080px
So I made a logo for a Vanilla Storm Silver Nuzlocke. Still salty about Colress/Elesa from VW2 though.

Does the logo look alright?
>>
>>33018673

I wouldn't ban items on the first run. First runs are often clumsy as hell. Definitely level cap though for FRLG or even all games.
>>
>>33018788
>So I made a logo for a Vanilla Storm Silver Nuzlocke
for what purpose

it looks nice anyway
>>
>>33019052
>>33018788
Mostly out of boredom, but also to put on the layout so it'll be a e s t h e t i c l y pleasing to the eye.
But yeah mostly boredom and trying to figure out photoshop
>>
we need a new thread bois
>>
>>33019188

>>33019203
>>33019203
>>33019203

new bread
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.