[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

regenerator clause

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 748-Toxapex.png (112KB, 433x329px) Image search: [Google]
748-Toxapex.png
112KB, 433x329px
How much longer is it going to take for there to be a regenerator clause? Surely if baton pass is "too complicated" or "too good" or whatever, that they have to flat-out remove it from regular competitive play, they realise that switching between two bulky regenerator pokemon like toxapex and say, tangrowth, is under the right circumstances, a way to stall like 200 turns to win?

What needs to happen? A pokemon that resists everything Toxapex is scared of, that has similar bulk and also regenerator, for it to stop? It will probably happen eventually, but it should be sooner than later.
>>
They will make it in the last five minutes of this gen and then unban it to the next one but they will ban all the wall breakers first.

Now being honest stall isn't that viable now due there's so many set up sweepers and if you play well the z move ensures a kill, we know at the end OU will become a stallfest but for the moment there's not reason to worry for stall.
>>
>Regenerator Clause
You're only allowed to have one regenerator mon.

There, fixed
>>
Mega Fug can kill it easily.
>>
>>32997158
Just get good, it's not hard at all to break a Regenerator core in OU.
>>
>>32997246
>stall isn't that viable
But that's wrong.
Stall is very strong this gen because of Dugtrio. Just look at how much stall has been used in WCoP.
>>
>>32997301
hardly the point retard, it's not hard to stop baton pass either but they felt inclined to ban it for some reason. the point is it's incredibly possible now for someone to win by switching and healing damage between two bulky mons constantly. with toxapex especially it's as easy as removing one of your pokemon, and you can't do a fucking thing at all.
>>
>>32997158
>A pokemon that resists everything Toxapex is scared of, that has similar bulk and also regenerator
Why are you describing Tangrowth?
>>
>>32997158
This is something I noticed watching all of those official smogon tournaments. It makes PP stalling a little too easy for the side that has at least 2 regenerator mons and causes marches to last upwards of 200 turns, often without a single KO. Best part is the latter would be physically impossible to replicate on cart due to the enforced 1 hour match time limit, but nu-gon apparently doesn't care about that shit nowadays.
>>
>>32997352
Tangrowth can't really do anything against strong Psychic attacks, but close.

Tang/Tox are hardly the only viable Regenerator mons either. I saw people use Amoonguss, Slowbro and Alomomola to a great success in the WCoP tourney. It's cancer and it needs to stop.
>>
File: 1485603870386.png (98KB, 200x203px) Image search: [Google]
1485603870386.png
98KB, 200x203px
>>32997246
>stall isn't that viable
The absolute state of /vp/s competitive knowledge
>>
>>32997158
>two bulky regenerator pokemon like toxapex and say, tangrowth
It's a shame there aren't any powerful pokemon with the right STAB combinations to defeat this core.
>>
>>32997388
Like Oricorio?
>>
>>32997388
I mean you have shit like Mamoswine that can dent them both pretty well but can't kill both. Even then it's stupid to rely on one mon to counter both even if it's possible because if that one mon is out then you literally lose the game. If you have two that counter one each, you're still fucked
>>
>>32997412
I was thinking of something with a bit more power, perhaps something with Earthquake STAB for Toxapex.
>>
>>32997326
>it's not hard to stop baton pass either
But it is, or at least it is comparatively much hadrer to stop than a Toxapex/Tangrowth core that even something like Mega Gallade can run through easily, let alone OU powerhouses like Greninja, Heatran or Tapu Bulu.
Regenerator cores aren't even a common sight to begin with.
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-06/moveset/gen7ou-1695.txt
According to this data, Toxapex and Tangrowth, the alleged metagame ruining Pokémon according to the shitters in this thread, aren't ever seen alongside ANY Regenerator mon.
>>
>>32997468
I don't know what level of reading comprehension you have, but the OP (me) never said anything about it being currently overbearing, too strong, or "metagame ruining", just that there is potential that by the next generation, it does become this way.

Though I suppose I do also think that there should be a clause on the ability as is anyway because it's passive healing, which is totally fine by itself, and even if you stack with U-Turn Intimidate, Haze, etc. But when you add a second Regenerator into the mix, even the idea of being able to constantly switch back and forth to out-heal damage being done is a precedent that shouldn't be.
>>
>>32997158
pokemon with
>arena trap
>disable
>trick (while holding a choice scarf)
at least two of those mentioned on a mon and you're good to go
>>
File: 2d4.png (30KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
2d4.png
30KB, 200x200px
>>32997497
>arena trap

252 Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 152-180 (50 - 59.2%) -- 69.9% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 228-270 (75 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Dugtrio Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 300-354 (98.6 - 116.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Ah yes the "you have to suicide to defeat this wall" counter
>>
>>32997492
>next gen
Irrelevant, we don't know anything about it.
>even the idea of being able to constantly switch back and forth to out-heal damage being done is a precedent that shouldn't be.
The only thing that I can advice you is to spam it on the ladder if you want it banned, and collect replays where you can observe a gamebreaking behavoir. If you can't manage to do that it's a good indicator that it is balanced. Still, the original creator of the Baton Pass chain made that team specifically because he wanted it banned, so it's not like some unprecedent idea.
>>
>baton pass too strong
>infiltrator, unaware, taunt all exist
>>
>>32997426
>>32997412
he means z fly landoruse
>>
>>32997158
Git gud. Regenerator isn't broken.
>>
>>32997509

That's a good trade. Usually stall teams completely crumble when one of their mons are killed.
>>
>unaware

Unaware doesn't change the power of Stored Power.

>taunt

Scolipede usually ran Mental Herb.

>infiltrator

What decent Infiltrator mon outruns a +1 Scolipede?
>>
>>32997595

Meant to reply to >>32997572
>>
>>32997585
imo for a healthy metagame you should be able to choose between pokemon. dugtrio being the only trapper makes sense from a holistic view but it being the only thing that can 100% indefinitely shut down toxapex is absurd
>>
>>32997595
wait what does it matter if it doesn't outspeed scolipede? it can outspeed it before it boosts, forcing it to use protect. then it will have to sub the next turn and fucking die
>>
>>32997601
Zygarde shuts down Toxapex even better.
>>
>>32997637
unless you're using waves, which idk why you would, you don't trap toxapex (who can switch before you do anyway)
and all of your boosts get removed anyway.
>>
>>32998011
>not using sub/waves/toxic as the ultimate tangrowth lure
>>
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Regenerator by itself. It's a significant contributing factor that can break strong mons like Gen 5 Tornadus-T, but it's not inherently broken nor uncompetitive.
Toxapex is a piece of shit only because of Scald, an actually uncompetitive element of the game. Ban that move and watch Toxapex drop to UU or even below because it can't do anything other than throw Toxics and Toxic Spikes at things hoping they're not Poison or Steel types.
>>
>>32997313
True, Stall is viable because of Dugtrio, nothing to do with Regen.

To OP, Baton Pass was banned because it genuinely required no skill but still could provide wins with ridiculous ease. Both Toxapex and Tangrowth have pretty serious flaws and it's not especially hard to beat them since they both are relied upon to take hits constantly, and hazards are so big this gen.
>>
>>32998200
100% this
>>
>>32998200
scald is a piece of shit I agree
regenerator poses major potential issues in the future though.
>>
>>32998200
>implying it wouldn't become even better as people realise that Baneful Bunker + Merciless Venoshock is the superior set
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.