[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it good or not so good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

Was it good or not so good?
>>
I loved it
>>
>>32996842
Good games, but could've been better.
>>
>>32996842
they were alright, really should've been had more effort put into them though
>>
File: QBoTRm.png (806KB, 1323x319px) Image search: [Google]
QBoTRm.png
806KB, 1323x319px
>>
Unlike FRLG and HGSS, ORAS got a few difference from RSE.
>>
>>32996842
I loved them, especially because Hoenn was the first region I played through when I was a kid. However, I must admit they felt lackluster compared to HGSS. They're on my Top 5 favorite Pokemon games
>>
>>32996842
I noticed after replaying the games, May/Brendan follows you around a lot. Basiclaly for the first half of the game, they alway meet you in some route to dump exposition on you, fast travel, or heal your pokes.
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>
>>32996842
They were great. More cohesive and compelling story. I felt meh about the originals, and these games improved on them. There was more handholding and giveaways though, and I miss the bass line from RSE's Magma/Aqua theme song.
>>
>>32996842
They took handholding to the next level, was easy as hell and didn't include the best feature from Gen 3, it was the biggest blunder in the franchise.

THE CAPTCHA ARE FUCKING BUILDINGS.
>>
>>32996872
This.
>>
An improvement over the originals, and they made a lot of the old characters shine. The region was really fun, too.

I'd say Emerald was better. I didn't like how Contest Spectacular didn't give you Ribbons for winning each stage. Battling both teams was more fun, and the main characters had better outfits in Emerald.

But I did like ORAS a lot.
>>
>>32996943
This is as stupid as it was years ago.
There are valid points there, and then those valid points are drowned under inane bullshit.
>>
There's a lot to like about ORAS, but there's also a lot to dislike, too.
What I enjoyed about ORAS was that it expanded on certain mechanics in a lot of ways. Secret Bases have went from being a small, niche "comfy" feature to being a fully expanded on mechanic. Flag capturing and Secret Pal bonuses give players more of an incentive to make a base, and the actual customization has improved a lot. Getting bases has also been easier, thanks to online.
Distribution and encounter rates have also been changed a little, to help improve the region. Overleveled Zigzagoons no longer appear after you beat Norman, and you're no longer bombarded with as many ocean-dwelling Pokemon.
Since it's a Gen VI game, it also has a lot of the refinements that have been a series standard since Gen IV onwards. Features like the physical special split, Mega Evolution, infinite TMs and triples/rotations have all been incorporated in one way or another, and all but the split are optional, so you can always play things as they were before. To add to this, you've got the PSS, one of the best online implementations in the entire series, so you can easily connect with others.
The characterization was improved on a lot. Brendan now feels like an actual character, starting off as someone who tries to teach you the how-tos, and grows to respect and care about the player. Team Aqua, while still having a stupid motive, all had a bond between each other and had more chemistry than they ever did before.
(1/3)
>>
>>32996917
>first region I played through
Underage detected
>>
There are also plenty of new features ORAS has, it doesn't just ride the coattails of other games. The Dexnav is a very useful feature, as it allows players to search for high IV Pokemon with egg moves. Since the feature is accessed from the start, you could use these mons throughout the story to help out or make your team more diverse. You could also use these mons as a base for breeding, since they have egg moves and high IVs from the get-go, and use them to make stronger mons relatively quickly. This also allows you to get newer gen mons after defeating Kyogre/Groudon, making the experience even more unique. And while the Buzznav isn't all that useful, it allows players to track of what's going on in other people's games. It helps the games create a community, which ties perfectly with the PSS and Secret Bases.

Despite all these things ORAS has, there's plenty of shortcomings. For one thing, the games tended to be much easier than before. Even if you were to ignore Brendan, never use new features like Megas, or turn off the Experience Share, the games still tend to be easier than before. Both battles and contests can be easy to breeze through, as long as you have an understanding of the games. A lot of the focus on new megas also went into Pokemon that you can't even find in the Hoenn region until you beat Kyogre/Groudon, so they don't get to be used as much in-game.
(2/3)
>>
There are also no Emerald-specific features that really enchanced the experience. Gym Leader rematches and double battle ambushes are a thing of the past, and many trainers use their RS teams instead of their tougher Emerald ones. Most notably for a lot of people, there's a lack of a Battle Frontier. This means that there's a lot less to do when it comes to single-player battling or postgame. It seems like a lot of the focus on these games' content went into multiplayer features rather than focusing on giving players something to do alone.
While these weren't in the original RSE, it was a real shame that trainer customization was removed just for this game. With all the multiplayer focus, having a custom trainer would've really hammered down the "personal" aspect, instead of having to choose between Hex Maniac or Ace Trainer.

Overall, I liked the games a lot, but I still wished Emerald features were in the game, and it was made a bit more difficult. They're not the best games in the world, but they're definitely not the blunder people make them out to be.
(3/3)
>>
Games were fucking boring.
>>
It was okay but it had absolutely no reason to not be great instead so it will always be dissapointing no matter how much it actually did right.
>>
>>32997088
Dude, I'm 22
>>
>>32997084
>>32997092
These
>>
I liked it. Not as much as previous generations, but I did still enjoy it.
>>
retarded shiposters aside, I think that people are mostly upset at how close it was to a good game. Had they made the game harder and incorporated a battle frontier, they would've been the perfect remakes. It was a great game, but it had potential that it didn't live up to. And that's disappointing.

Also I'm still assblasted about my bro Flygon getting cucked.

RIP
>>
>>32996842

Really enjoyed, soaring hit my nostalgia like an airplane.

It'd be GOAT if it had the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>32997223
Meant to say "how close it was to a perfect game"
>>
>>32996842

>Remove features from previous game everyone liked

>Add features that everyone liked.... only to remove them in the next game

Fucking hell GameFreak stop it
>>
Had the potential to be amazing. As it is, it's just good.
Better than XY, but that's like any third game. HGSS was better than Platinum, which was better than DP, and Emerald was better than FRLG, which was better than RS.
>>
>>32996842
Emeraldfag here

My least favorite pokémon games. As if XY weren't bad enough, ORAS didn't even reach the level of RS in terms of enjoyment. They completely retard-proofed the games so anyone who can press the d-pad and select an attack can win with ease. Cutscene after cutscene of the shitty story. Zinnia and the delta episode were just the rotten cherry on top of the shitcake. I teetered on quitting pokémon if they made SM this bad.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.