[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it be open world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

Will it be open world?
>>
>>32995138
probably not.
>>
if you seriously think game freak is going to put in the effort or time to make an open world pokemon game, you are completely delusional
they're just going to shit out another game that has even less features and content than SM to make quick money
>>
>>32995138
Hopefully not. I just finished playing botw and it is boring. I hate having to walk 30 minutes getting from place to place.
>>
Absolutely not.

It'd exponentially increase the production cost and time, while (probably) only giving a temporary boost in sales that may not even justify the increase in effort.
>>
I thought all Pokémon games were open world.
>>
File: 1460327281329.jpg (38KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460327281329.jpg
38KB, 960x960px
>>32995152
>open world takes effort
>>
>>32995138
lol no
>>
No fucking way

Just better FPS 720p or 1080p

Better textures is enough
>>
>>32995138
Yes. They're going to use the BOTW engine.

Battles won't have transitions, they'll just happen in real time. Pokemon will just be roaming around in the world and you'll be able to throw out your pokemon and start a battle by catching it by surprise. Alternatively, if it notices you, the HUD will just fade in and you'll be prompted to throw out your pokemon and start a battle.

Trainers will work the same way, if they notice you, you'll be prompted to begin a battle but you'll also, for the first time, be able to initiate the battle yourself.

The weather/climate system will be in, and you'll need to gear yourself up accordingly if you want to venture into a snowy region to catch ice pokemon. Same with hot deserts/mountains.
>>
>>32995175
More effort than what GF is currently doing
>>
I don't care, just let trainer customization still be in
>>
>>32995138
It's going to be Gen 7 but with larger environments and slightly better graphics.

I love my switch and play the shit out of it but I am not expecting a formula change just because we got another new piece of hardware.
>>
>>32995194
But muh jrpg mechanics!
>>
>>32995138
Don't count with that
>>
>>32995175
At least try to understand game development
>>
>>32995138
Probably won't look much different than SM. Honestly wouldn't be shocked if they released it for New 3ds as well.
>>
>>32995138
I swear to God if the trailer of the Switch game shows a soulless kid running in a fucking line I will destroy my nonexistent console.
>>
>>32995175
Play BOTW and then play any Pokemon game and then come back to us. It's incredibly obvious BOTW has far more effort and development time put into it.
>>
>>32995172
What if they just want to experiment?
>>
you've got to be absolutely delusional if you think it's going to be anything but more spinoff shovelware
>>
>>32995563
>core series
>game freak

stop being retarded.
>>
>>32995549
Yeah Zelda took 6 years to make. A new generation takes 3 years to make

Zelda has much bigger budget and resources it's not even a fair comparison
>>
>>32995174
they are so limited, I want an open world pokemon game, even fucking Mario is having his open world game why the fuck Game Freak doesn't want to make us feel like we are exploring the Pokemon world? dirty ass miserly fucking chinks stingy mother fuckers they don't want to spend a shitload of money on a pokemon game I don't give a shit if they get so fucking poor on the development of the game I want my fucking open world pokemon game.
>>
>>32996895
If you think the new Mario is open world. You don't even know what the fuck open world is dude
>>
>>32995138
Whatever it is, it will fail to meet everyone's expectations and will be an incredible disappointment to all, especially those hyping it as the new best pokemon game, the next colosseum, or anything similar to that. It will be incredibly mediocre.
>>
>>32997498
Collesseum is very mediocre. Why does nostalgia ruin your judgement
>>
>>32997502
a lot of other people don't seem to think so
>>
>>32997505
Who doesn't? Alot of people don't think the mainline games are mediocre

Collessum litteraly had n64 graphics lol on game cube
>>
>>32995138
The best you can hope for is a pre-BOTW 3D Zelda type Pokemon game. A tweaked Gen 7 engine with an HUD of Rotomdex or something.
>>
>>32997498
Colosseum was from Genius Sonority.

>>32997512
Because the models of older Pokemon were from the N64 era and haven't been updated. It's probably the reason why we have high poly monsters now.
>>
>>32995328
this
>>
>>32995580
>Zelda has much bigger budget and resources
That's on GF though. You can't tell me GF doesn't have the resources to make a bigger budget Pokemon game. They just don't want to do that.
>>
Only in the way the games already are.
>>
>>32997653
GF don't control the budget, dickweed.
>>
>>32995138
Maybe or maybe not.
>>
I guess an open world implies no turn based anymore.
Are you ok with that?
>>
We'll get another region that's set up to be a literal straight line from start to finish with only a few stubs that count as "path deviation" compared to any region prior to Kalos, and it'll feel even more cramped than both 3DS Generations because GameFreak will want to play it safe with overworlds in a higher resolution.
>>
It'll be "Open world" like Tales of Zestiria. A big field with nothing in it that's of any consequence and blocked paths everywhere except for where you need to go, sprawling cities with no one you can talk to and no buildings you can enter save for maybe 2.
>>
>>32995138
>Pokemon
>not handholding throughout the entire journey
Hah.
>>
Its going to be more DS's Dragon Quest XI then PS's Dragon Quest XI

HD sprites running on unreal engine and then 3D battle
>>
Nope.

At best we will get vast areas like in Xenoblade Chronicles (1), but no open world.

Maybe for the second Switch entries (gen 9) could feature open world, they need to surprise us somehow for it.
>>
>>32995138

Aren't all pokemon games open world?
>>
>>32995152
>put effor
>on an open world game
nice joke
>>
>>32995194
I know it's impossible but damn does it sound fuckin cool
>>
>>32999671

why pokemon must be directed by GF...
>>
>>32999743
They are honestly the luckiest fuckers in the world that these games still sell. They never try to go in a new direction or try anything too drastic or want to push boundaries. I can't say I blame them, why ruin a good thing but oh god the potential kills me sometimes.

Imagine seeing a gyarados jump out of a waterfall or seeing a pidgeot land on top of a mountain and going after it. I think at that point though they would have to probably let us control the pokemon for combat's sake but I don't think I would complain.
>>
>>32995175
for an RPG like pokemon it does
>>
>>33000080
or maybe the games sell because people like the way they are?
if they would change the game mechanics that drastically they could just remove all pokemon, give the player guns and make it an egoshooter
>>
>>32995138
An open world yearly? That's dumb.

Luckily Gamefreak are cheap enough not to get too big for their britches.
>>
>>32995138
I have a feeling it will be like gale of darkness or just a enhanced port of sun and moon/possible remake of an older gen. I hope it will be a openworld new adventure that can connect with the 3ds games too. But I have my doubts
>>
>>33000109
Yeah the Japanese fans hate changes also dark storyline
>>
>>32995138
I really hope so. Wild pokémon levels should vary with distance from the paved road, and gym pokémon levels should vary with number of badges earned. Any other way makes no sense in-universe.
The only question here is what to do with trainers. Would you be able to see their badges and decline a challenge if they're obviously much stronger than you? Is that too casual? I don't think it's much different from being able to reset your console if you get into a hopeless fight.
>>
>>32995194
However, they decided that it would be fun to implement some of the anime stuff in the games, so instead of the Yiga Clan, Team Rocket will appear and will force you to battle them every time you go into a new road.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.