[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Genwunners/NostalgiaFags such babies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_9047.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9047.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
Why are Genwunners/NostalgiaFags such babies?
>>
They aren't. Just because something is new doesn't mean it's automatically better.
>>
>>32995017
This.
>>
>>32995003
Because unlike you, we have some standards.
>>
>>32995003
I don't even give a fuck about gen 1 or the anime, but the entire concept behind this movie is so dirty and unappealing. Who are they even trying to appeal to with this?
>>
>genwun
>Psychic is OP
>FRZ could work sometimes
>BRN was better than PSN

gentoo and above
>FRZ hardly works
>>
anti-genwunners are the ones who are babies.
>>
Genwunners getting mad. Is awesome the sooner than stop caring about Pokemon. The sooner we get quality Pokemon games and movies and anime.

No more pandering to these man child's
>>
>>32995003
I can't tell who this movie is pandering to
>>
>>32995051
This. I don't think I've ever seen fanbases with a victim complex bigger than those who are mad about Gen 1 and genwunners.
>>
>>32995034
Guess the Game
-over 150 new Pokemon
-a 3-staged normal/flying "early bird" pokemon that keeps its typing when it evolves
-a graveyard-tower where you can only encounter a 3-staged ghost-type Evolutionline with a unique Dual typing and another 2-staged Evolutionline that get more common the higher you get
-a normal type bull-like pokemon
-a 3-staged "literally stone" pokemon evolution line
-a 3 staged fighting type evolution line
-2 fighting type that cant evolve and are based on different sports
-a bulky rare normal type that looks like it could have been fairy
-a 2-staged psychic "dream eater" pokemon that is based on a tapir
-a mystical pokemon with a 100 base in every stat
-a pokemon that was "modified" by humans
-a gym leader that became one of ash's companions in the anime
-a 2-staged bat-like pokemon (that MAY got a third evolution later)
-a 2 staged mole-like pokemon that is at least part ground type
-a tadpole pokemon that can still evolve 2 times
-a duck-like pokemon that can evolve once
-an electric type rodent
-a dragon type pseudo legendary
-a legendary trio that share the flying type
-a 2-staged Evolution line that is at least partially based on mushrooms, can learn spore and is part grass type
>>
File: Brock_open_eyes.png (244KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Brock_open_eyes.png
244KB, 640x480px
Brock traveled with that fucking kid through 4 different regions, how the fuck can you say he's not canon
>>
>>32995076
Children that didn't watch the Kanto season and won't bother torrenting the first episode?
>>
>>32995093
Because he's been replaced with Lucario boy in these four regions.
>>
>>32995079
Yeah it's true.

I doubt see people bitch about yugi or kabia being in show or movie
Or wrestling fans bitching the attitude

Bringing the rock or stone cold come now. I will mark tf out
>>
File: 1499277469225.png (64KB, 410x371px) Image search: [Google]
1499277469225.png
64KB, 410x371px
>>32995042
This right here. I love all the gens, but I don't understand who this movie is for. It's obviously not trying to play on nostalgia since they're drastically changing shit, so what's the point? Why not just make a new original movie instead of doing this weird ass 'reimagining'
>>
File: 0.jpg (251KB, 2048x1370px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
251KB, 2048x1370px
>>32995003
yeah why can't people just welcome change, right? change is always a good thing, right?
>>
>>32995086
That sounds an awful lot like BW
>>
>>32995017
Have you seen the movie how do you know it's not better?
>>
>Have been replaced

We don't know for sure though. All we have is this summary IIRC, which may or may not have missing/unclear details.

Tell me again why are we making a big fuss over what might be a whole new flop since the last movie? People seem to be losing interest movie after movie. It's the 20th anniversary movie and it still feels like there's not actually much behind it except some more shilling of the same pokemon we've already been shilled to before and some tropes being re-used. Even Marshadow feels pretty damn pointless in this movie.

Also, great job killing off Ash again, Game Freak, we already know he'll never die, you don't need to emphasize that every time.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (10KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
10KB, 197x255px
>genwunners think that misty and Brock matter at all

It's only ash and pikachu since day 1
>>
>>32995017
The reverse however, also applies. Just because its new doesn't mean its automatically worse.

Considering its only been out in Japanese theaters, english speakers getting upset clearly haven't actually seen it yet.
>>
>>32995118
It's RBGY
>>
>>32995113
>change
Nah that move was mediocre due to awful script, bad directing, miscasting and allowing Mellissa McCarthy to improv.
>>
>>32995003
>Still watching and caring the ashnime
Lmao losers
>>
>>32995118
if you ignore some specifics it is pretty much BW
>>
>>32995042
IDK about you, but I'm hyped as shit for an English release
>>
>>32995093
He's shit.
>>
>>32995003
This ain't new. Why are people getting piss about it now?
>>
The problem is the changes are simply not worth the hassle. I was going to accept the new kids because I trough they were ads to promote the Sinnoh remakes but not even that.
If TPCi don´t care then neither should I. I thinking in selling my Pokemon games for the 3DS since I can´t enjoy the games anymore after the five generation.
>>
>>32996248
Then it's time to move on from Pokemon.

There is other games out there.

Pokemon it's a kids game and kids tv show. It's not worth the hassle to be mad about.
>>
>>32995003
Im not a genwunner, but the idea of sinnoh mons and alola mons on gen I kanto is so weird, same way it ocurred with Mega zard X on pokemon origns

Doesn't help the new plot and concept feels more like a dA fan-fiction
>>
>>32996287
So kanto Pokemon in alola is ok but alola Pokemon in kanto is bad right?
>>
>>32996283
Learn some English before posting, subhuman.
>>
>>32996347
I re read it's perfect I'm not one crying because anime characters in a movie
>>
>>32995051

Nice deflection.
>>
>Want GenWunner money for nostalgia cashgrab movie
>Remove almost everything important from GenWunAnime
>Surprised people don't like it
>>
I almost feel like this is karma for all the Misty fans who went on crazy beserk rants at the beginning of AG about Misty leaving, going on about how they quit the anime or hating all the female companions after she left, etc.

Finally Misty fans get their just desserts. I guess revenge really is a dish best served cold.
>>
>>32996380
The nostalgia is only 10 mins

Director even said the reason they only ash and pikachu scenes from first episode is to show kids from this generation how they met.

Brock and misty are irrelevant to the purpose

Last time I checked misty and brock weren't even the first episode
>>
>>32995113
There are several reasons that movie flopped and a change to a female cast was not one of them. Granted, the obvious shilling and MUH PROGRESSIVENESS about it later tainted that aspect, but had they not try to play the muh soggy knee card it would have been a non-issue.
>>
>>32996404
Misty was, for like 25 seconds or so; though cutting her bike scene doesn't really have an effect on the rest of the narrative.
>>
>>32995079
>>32995051

The ones with rose-tinted glasses strapped to their face that
complain about the new Pokemon/games aren't the babies? What alternate reality are you guys from?
>>
>>32996395
Get out with this shit, retard. It wasn't just Misty who was removed but Gary too, who as rival is as important as the protagonist( hence why Green was in SM along with Red). Having a Alola legendary in Kanto feel out of place just like the rival(who is a newie) owning a Alolan starter feel wrong.
>>
>>32996441
There is a point when a franchise that have been running as long as Pokemon stop improving and start getting stale. Pokemon new an absolute revamp in the gameplay and not just getting ride of annoying mechanics(HM) to be on par with modern RPG.
>>
File: parasgarfield.png (352KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
parasgarfield.png
352KB, 1280x1280px
I'm usually pretty eager to rain on a Genwunner's parade but I can't honestly say I like the whole revisionist angle the movie is going for. They are literally setting up the perfect opportunity to introduce a new hero that still parallels Ash and Pikachu's journey and instead it's just a do-over. It really solidifies the fact that Ash is forever, and that is kind of depressing.
>>
>>32996448
A guy who saw the movie on Serebii says that Gary was the one who picked Squirtle. If Ash isn't cocky, then Gary probably doesn't like to show off. Gary wouldn't work because it would be weird to make him as much of an asshole as Cross.
>>
>>32996475
If after 20 years you still haven't realized that they're going to squeeze Ash dry until the franchise dies, or still care about the anime for that matter, you deserve all the depression you might get.
>>
>>32996441
Genwunners don't constantly make threads complaining about shit like anti-genwunners do.

Today alone I think I've seen two threads about retarded anti-genwunners pointing out some guy on another website complaining about the movie. Anti-genwunners also get butthurt when someone likes gen 1 or when official media references gen 1, or they like to pretend that gen 1 isn't the single most important and iconic gen in the franchise.
>>
>>32996248
Yeah, I was under the impression they were going to be new characters in the show... but they apparently have celeb voices so will only show up in upcoming movies... by next movie they might not even be doing this, so it all seems kind of pointless.
>>
Hoennbabbies talking shit again. Every time I come to /vp/, I see this. You know why they so mad? Cause their game was shit, and their remakes were shit. Your game killed Pokemania and marked the end of the franchise's mainstream popularity. I bet OP was born in 2001. Cocksucker.
>>
>>32996504
Is this your first Pokemon movie?
>>
File: IMG_2358.jpg (6KB, 113x88px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2358.jpg
6KB, 113x88px
It's an alternative universe retards
>>
File: pikachublob.jpg (41KB, 540x764px) Image search: [Google]
pikachublob.jpg
41KB, 540x764px
>>32996490
Oh no, I realized that. I just thought they already squeezed Ash dry. I would have expected them to have new protagonist by now, even if he inevitably had Pikachu as well.
>>
>>32996515
It's basically an elseworld story.
>>
>>32996518
If they didn't replace Ash at the start of gen 7, with all the anniversary shit and all, they sure as hell wouldn't do it a year later for a movie. The fun thing in all of this is that, 30 years from now, there will be people that will think that he'll be replaced because of the 50th anniversary.
>>
>>32996509
First Pokemon movie that's used as an origin story for the hero, and it will seem kind of awkward if they don't continue where they left off with the next film. If the plan is simply to create a parallel continuity for the movies to follow while the show does it's own thing, that is actually quite clever, but I am skeptical.
>>
>>32995148

It is still trash doe. sometimes you shouldn't Fuck with the past.
>>
>>32996506
Wahhh keep crying no misty or brock.

Oras outside hgss and FRLG btw
>>
>>32996547
You're overthinking it. It's just an anniversary movie, and they used that as an excuse to re-introduce Ash's origin to the current demographic; and from that they built a move plot about Ho-oh featuring the designated shilling mon (Marshadow).
>>
>>32996564
You haven't seen it. Replacing the 2 characters with brock and misty doesn't fix the plot issues and dumbass story

It's 2 different things
>>
>>32996564
The past of the anime is trash. Anything is an upgrade.
>>
>>32996585
That "the past of" part of your post is redundant.
>>
I hope the movie bombs so hard not because I'm a genwunner or nostalgia

I want this ashime cancelled. Or Atleast ash to be replaced after 4 straight movie failures
>>
>>32996579

I really don't wanna see that trash.
It ruin my childhood anime series.
>>
>>32996605
The XY anime was actually the perfect time to see Ash written off too.
>>
>>32996605
Why not just wish for the current anime to fail then?
>>
>>32996605
Ash won't be replaced until he's aged up, and that will only happen when his story ends, and his story won't end until the anime ends, and the anime won't end until Pokemon as a franchise dies, and that won't happen because Pokemon is too profitable to do so.
>>
>>32996627
>the anime won't end until Pokemon as a franchise dies
Eh, I could see the anime dying but the games still being produced. These would be dire circumstances though.
>>
>>32996490
This shit is so sad, the pokemon lore makes for some great animated episodes (see Origins and Generations) but the ashnime is a dumpster on fire.
>>
>>32996609
It's not part of it ffs it's whole different universe.

When ash never got the rainbow wing in the first episode

You ever heard of the theory. You pack in time and you replace 1 thing. The timeline and unvierse is changed. It's like this

Rainbow wing Made it an alternative universe
>>
>>32996643
Glad someone else on /vp/ can appreciate Origins.
>>
>>32996644
This would be a pretty awesome movie if it were actually written with a focus on Ash's actions altering the timeline at the root of his journey.
>>
>>32996615
The current anime is promte the game and new Pokemon. It's advertisement

These ashime garbage films. Have no purpose.

If the sun and moon anime bombs then awesome.

TPC makes billions of dollars. This just a small fraction of what they do
>>
>>32996662
Marshawdow is in kanto

The legendary beasts are on in kanto

Trains in sinnoh are in kanto

Ash is a different universe
>>
Just seems weird. Is this really just a movie to promote Marshadow (and Ho-oh I guess)? By the premise I would assume new remakes were coming out.
>>
>>32996676
The anime's, and by extension the movies', main purpose is to shill and promote the games and the franchise to children. Their secondary purpose is to make their parents spend ¥ on merchandise and ticket sales. And the third one is to distribute things for the games.
M20 is set apart because it has two additional purposes: it serves as an anniversary milestone for the 20 years of the anime, and it reintroduces this generation's children to Ash's origin.
>>
>>32996709
Do they really need his origin though? SM pretty much reintroduces him from scratch.
>>
>>32996745
Not only that, the Sunday Morning Variety Show's Incarnations have given the kiddies plenty of occasions to be introduced to Kanto.
If anything, it's probably because this movie came in way too early for it to be an Alola Movie and it'd clash with the Slice of Life nature of the current season.
>>
>>32996745
By origin, I meant the whole "Ash meets Pikachu something something spearows yadda yadda ho-oh flying away etc." crap.
>>
Will this movie's performance potentially effect future Pokemon films? Will it doing well/poorly send certain messages?
>>
>>32995051
Oh is that what we're doing now? "I know you are but what am I?"

Take your ass back to /pol/.
>>
>>32996812
wat
>>
>>32996671
Switch game with all the regions confirmed?
>>
File: IMG_6621.png (708KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6621.png
708KB, 640x640px
>>32996812
We're on levels of projection that literally shouldn't even be possible
>>
>>32996802
The last movies underperformed

A movie for nostalgia underperforming

Might change it

The same director of the first in still involed in every film.

He is 64 years old. Pokemon anime and film department need young blood in the departments. These old guys reusing same old cliche stories and plots
>>
>>32996547
Oh shit, that would be cool if they had a movie universe running parallel to the TV shows
>>
>>32995003
>muh Misty and Brock
Why in the name of fuck would two gym leaders hang with some shitter for so long? At least BW had the excuse of three gym leaders handling the gym
>>
>>32996373
It's not deflection if it's true.
>>
>>32997121
>my onions are undisputed facts
>>
>>32997114
Misty had the same excuse and "Brock" is actually Brock Junior.
>>
>>32995003
>but two key characters have been replaced

Tell me they're not fucking doing what I think they're doing.
>>
File: 1200px-Onion_on_White[1].jpg (216KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Onion_on_White[1].jpg
216KB, 1200x1200px
>>32997134
My onions are indeed facts, anon.
>>
File: S77.jpg (11KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
S77.jpg
11KB, 200x150px
>>32996518
They tried to do that but too early with the dude with the nicknamed pukachoo
>>
Because they have nothing in their lives. The faux elitism over absolutely trivial things is all they have to cling to.
>>
>>32996644

I see
>>
I just wish they continue the M20 Universe for the rest of S&M's run, that way we ruin genwunner's lives more with:

>Ash breezing through all 8 Gyms in Kanto with just Zard, Pikachu and some fillers
>Ash reminiscing with Gary about their childhood friend, Serena (complete with Blue's design)
>and Ash winning Indigo Conference.

The butthurt will be intense
>>
>>32995086
>a legendary trio that share the flying type
RGBY
>>
File: 1499527926943.jpg (454KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1499527926943.jpg
454KB, 1536x2048px
Makoto > Misty
>>
>>32997889
really hope that Alt. Ash becomes the movie protagonist for the rest of the SM Anime run.

Here's hoping M21 covers Battle Frontier
>>
File: a4b.png (921KB, 1176x735px) Image search: [Google]
a4b.png
921KB, 1176x735px
>>32997893
Give up, you need Anime Ash more than Movie Ash.
>>
>>32997935
Movie Ash is OP as fuck and will sweep through every league unlike that loser from SM
>>
>>32997943
>Implying we'll get to see Movie Ash win a league
>>
>>32997947
Oh he will, thanks to your backlash for the Kalos league.

Movie Ash isn't bound by the TV Ash's curse, he's self-contained in his own continuity, one that can have different rules.
>>
>>32996812
>I don't like it so it's /pol/
Shouldn't you be commiting some domestic terrorism, antifa?
>>
>>32997952
>backlash
Alan is /ourguy/.
>>
>>32997970
that's what you think, normies who got hooked on XY/Z, and most of the other fans derided the result.

The main reason why M20 Ash resides on a different continuity is because they wanted to have a continuity that isn't bound by Shudo's rules.
>>
>>32997741
>Serena (complete with Blue's design)
You fucking madman
>>
People know this isn't really a retelling, revision, reboot, or retcon to the canon and it's just them taking elements from kanto and making something based off it right. This more of an adaptation than anything else tbqh senpai.
>>
>>32998014
>Shudo
Who?
>>
>>32998023
It's like Star Trek XI. A re-imagining of the original show into movie form
>>
>>32996493
this is /vp/. You'll be hard pressed to find anywhere online that discusses pokemon like here. /vp/ hates whatever the rest of the fanbase loves, and loves whatever the rest of the fanbase hates. The fact that gen 5 is the majorityfavorite here is just one example of what a contrarian place this is.
>>
>>32995130
Have you seen the movie how do you know it's not worse?

Fucking idiot. People can give their opinion about what is known so far.
>>
>>32998663
I've actually seen the movie and it's pretty great. One of the better Pokemon movies.

Just calling something shit like a dumb 12 year old isn't an "opinion" by the way. Not that I expect redditors to know the difference between shitposting and voicing a proper opinion.
>>
>>32996812
so this.. is the power... of a 14 year old's brain
>>
A lot of people grew up with the original anime, and seeing changes made to the story/characters upsets some of them, just like the Ghostbusters reboot upset fans of the original movie. At the end if the day I don't really care that much, but I definitely understand why some people are mad about the changes. I grew up with the original anime, and it might be an unpopular opinion, but as a child's cartoon I think it was great.
>>
>>32995003
Says the one person, who can´t make any sentence without insulting others?

People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
>>
>>32997755
Genies?
>>
So this just the Rebuild of Eva but with Pokémon?
Its a pretty good idea on paper, the anime needed a soft reboot after each generation of games were released. But, unlike NGE, the Pokémon anime has always been a terrible cash-grab with no serious artistic merit and reconciliation and continuity between the various incarnations of Ash will be something that will never be brought up outside of feature films.
>>
>>32995118
>>32995242
well BW was supposed to be a reimagining of RB is many aspects, that's why for example they don't have non-Unovan Pokemon until post-game
>>
>>32997741
>Implying genwunners would care about most of that.
It just sounds kind of poorly written tbdesu.
>>
>>32998033
I believe he was the one who wrote the Pokemon novels that were rather bleak,
>>
What a bunch of fucking retards!
Fuck all you genwunners. Fuck Gen 1, fuck the OG series, fuck Misty, fuck Brock.
Just BTFO of Pokémon and end yourselves.
>>
File: goldab.jpg (34KB, 320x306px) Image search: [Google]
goldab.jpg
34KB, 320x306px
>>32999736
>literally seething
another win for gen wun
how can they even compete?
>>
>>32997889
It's a bleh pokemon, but Lucario is cute when it smiles.
>>
>>32999125
It's not a retelling of all of the ashnime, just the first episode. For like 15 minutes, after which it's just another pokemon movie plot.
>>
File: judges-you-in-spanish.jpg (43KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
judges-you-in-spanish.jpg
43KB, 640x627px
>>32997741
>that way we ruin genwunner's lives more
Their life will never be as sad as yours.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.