[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JP game in NTSC land

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: s-l1600.jpg (76KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
76KB, 640x853px
Just got this on eBay for $13. i'm american its coming from japan and i don't speak Japanese how fucked am i
>>
Not very OP. It's not hard to find your way around
>>
>>32992595
Will it work on american ags-101 ?
>>
File: kris.png (207KB, 338x598px) Image search: [Google]
kris.png
207KB, 338x598px
>>32992604
Yes. Will you be playing as best girl?
>>
just keep battle animations on and you should be able to figure out what's happening
the story hardly matters and I can't think of any way it differs from the western games aside from the odd egg having a higher chance of hatching a shiny
>>
>>32992505
>how fucked am i
Very FUCKED, my dear Anon. Before GC and DS every game must be played on a console of the same region, see EarthBound and PAL SNES.

If you want to play Japanese/Moonrune Crystal you also need a Japanese/Moonrune Game Boy Color.
>>
>>32992618
Stop lying.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout#Nintendo
>The Game Boy and Nintendo DS product lines do not use regional lockouts for physically distributed games; however, software specific to the Nintendo DSi are region-locked, and cartridges released by iQue in China can only be played on DS models produced by iQue (although they remain compatible with other DS cartridges). The Nintendo 3DS line however, does enforce region locking for 3DS-specific software, with the exception of Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre, which is region-free.
>>
It's fine if you're already familiar with Pokemon period, I bought one myself some years ago at a local store because it was dirt cheap. It's come in handy for me since my US Crystal is dead now. You might need to replace the battery by now, if you're not willing to do that try looking for a local retro game store.

The symbol on the back of the jap board is dope as fuck.

>>32992618
Every Nintendo handheld before the DSi was region free, zero problems. None of their home consoles before the Switch were region free without some sort of modding except the top-loader NES, and with it don't run PAL games on NTSC and vice versa. SNES and N64 if I recall are similar in how you can just carve up the plastic on the system in a certain way and run JP games on a US system, though don't try to run PAL games on either of those. The GC, Wii, and Wii U have real region locking.
>>
Do a nuzlocke
>>
>>32992692
I support this idea.
>>
>>32992505
You'll be fine.
On my second play through of Y I played in Japanese and the only thing that was difficult was the Lumiose City gym puzzle
>>
>>32992611
You got dubs so of course
>>32992669
I own silver so i know the game pretty well and have replaced the battery in silver and have an extra laying around.
>>32992692
ok
>>
File: WHERE AM I WHAT AM I.jpg (37KB, 1264x946px) Image search: [Google]
WHERE AM I WHAT AM I.jpg
37KB, 1264x946px
>>32992618
Plz dont spook me like that
>>
>>32992505
> thinking dialogue matters in a Pokemon game
>>
>>32993086
Yeah but is there like some puzzles i need to read to do?
>>
>>32992618
Incorrect my dude
>>
>>32993280
not really
>>
>>32993280
The only problem you might encounter is in Goldenrod when answering the quiz to get the radio tab for the pokegear. However, you won't need to use it until Kanto to wake Snorlax, so no big deal.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.