[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So should Gale Wings have been nerfed or was it unnecessary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: 1441220470410.png (247KB, 539x500px)
1441220470410.png
247KB, 539x500px
So should Gale Wings have been nerfed or was it unnecessary?
>>
If I see this fucking bird one more time
>>
File: 1499635201106s.jpg (7KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1499635201106s.jpg
7KB, 250x231px
>>32983933
>>
>>32983933

No. It's perfect as it is.
>>
I feel like if Talonflame didn't have Brave Bird, Gale Wings wouldn't have been nerfed
>>
only activates at 50%+ would've been sufficient
>>
the real problem was its base speed
>>
>>32983933
It needed a nerf, but they went a bit too far. Just stop it from working with support moves, or reduce the damage dealt by priority moves.
>>
>>32983933
It was OP in gen 6, but I hope by gen 8 they make it so it works at 50% hp or more.
>>
>stealth rock
>any rock type
>anything that could take a hit
>>>83 base attack

Talonflame literally did nothing wrong
Press F to pay respects to the early route shitmon who dared to dream and got struck down
>>
File: 250px-Bruxish_anime.png (44KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Bruxish_anime.png
44KB, 250x141px
>>32983958

Vs Bruxish
>>
>>32983933
Priority being nerfed was ok. Gals wings nerf was unnecessary if they were going to nerf priority as a whole anyways.

What threat does talonflame even pose when dazzling and psychic terrain exist? Gen 6 bravest bird would do just okay in nowaday's meta. Tapu koko outspeeds and kills, has to be very low to get killed by brave bird. If psychic terrain is up, there's nothing talonflame can do to the likes of heatran, and willowisping some zygarde variants wouldn't be enough to stop them. Rocks still bring it to half HP, ashfrog kills with water shuriken, tyranitar would gain more usage once again. Magearna variants with a shift gear up can thunderbolt/gigavolt havoc it to death before it does anything, or carry HP rock even. Scarf landorus intimidates its already hardly decent atk stat and kills with stone edge. Brave bird doesn't kill marowak and whike I haven't done the calcs I'm tempted to assume shadow bone kills. Can kill bulu but can't switch into a rock move from it.
On the other hand, volcarona isn't as annoying anymore thanks to strong priority answer to it (but psychic terrain might protect it).

Gen 6 talonflame would have been alright in gen 7's ubers light.
>>
>>32983933
I would have only nerfed it in the scenario that other Pokemon would get it
>>
Fuck that ability, it's gone and done.
>>
>>32983933
way too harsh, now it's useless
>>
>>32983933
well deserved nerf
fuck that piece of SHIT bird
>>
>>32985429
But it was already nerfed indirectly by the general priority nerf.
>Dazzling Ability
>Psychic Terrain
>A new pure Rock, Flying and Fire resistant pokemon with a signature Rock priority move
>Ash-Greninja outspeeds and outprioritizes with SE Shuriken
>Tapu Koko and Nihilego in general

>GF: On top of introducing all of these anti priority measures, we're also going to directly nerf the Ability Gale Wings itself

Also consider that Talonflame WASN'T EVEN BROKEN IN GEN VI. The nerf was excessive.
>>
>>32985599
nah fuck that bird
literally made bug and fighting USELESS last gen

im glad about the nerf
>>
>>32983933
It's a stupid ability that never should've been made. Priority altering mechanics are too powerful to introduce without some significant drawback. Even Prankster is pushing it.
>>
I can see why they nerfed it but they nerfed it way too hard.

Should have been priority with >=50% HP instead of 100% HP. They probably could've even gotten away with not nerfing it at all considering all the anti-priority shit they added this gen.
>>
>>32985629
You mean multiple, direct and indirect nerfs. Not just one. They molded the rest of the metagame around nerfing priority, which is why now we see either naturally high speed pokemon being good or 100+ base speed Scarfers being good.
>>
>>32984001
F
>>
File: 7O06U3T.png (216KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
7O06U3T.png
216KB, 500x372px
jesus fucking shit so it doesnt have priority, big god damn whoop

its still faster than most pokemon anyway, and against the major threats that outspeed it you wouldnt want to stay in anyway, regardless if it had priority or not - you're not going to stay in on a mega manectric or mega aerodactyl are you? no of course not

besides, the nerf has a silver lining:
now talonflame's flying type moves don't get fucked over in psychic terrain/against priority stopping abilities if it has less than full health

priority IS important, but it isnt everything

talonflame is still a good pokemon
>>
>>32985731
Talonflame in XY: OU
Talonflame in SM: BL2

Talonflame is still good my ass
>>
If the nerf was necessary or not is up to debate but I'm sure most people can agree that the "nerf" was more like outright murder. They went way too far, specially with how Gen 6 nerfed priority in general.

>>32985731
You are a fucking retard.
>>
>>32985773
*Gen 7
My mistake.
>>
>>32985773
nice argument there!

>>32985760
good, not great

but good
>>
They should've replaced Gale Wings with some other ability
>>
File: conks face when accelrock.jpg (178KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
conks face when accelrock.jpg
178KB, 1024x578px
kys talonfags
>>
>>32983976
this, but reduce the power of flying type moves 10%
>>
>>32984001
F ;-;7
>>
File: IMG_2425.jpg (39KB, 370x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2425.jpg
39KB, 370x362px
>>32983933
Thank god they nerfed it. Nothing pissed me off more than having to deal with that damn birb on every single team.
I gain strength from hearing its misguided fans bitch about it getting nerfed on all fronts.
>>
>>32983933
It was necessary, it single handedly removed every single bug grass, fighting and frail sweeper from the game if it was present. Oh you had a scarf? Too bad I brave bird first. Oh you boosted your speed to +6? Too fucking bad I'm attacking first and killing you.
>>
>>32983933
They already had anti-priority measures.
Snipping the bird's balls was too much.
>>
>>32983933
No, this was justified. You have to remember, gamefreak doesn't give a flying fuck about 6v6 singles. Talonflame was retarded in both VGC and BSS to the point it was used more than things like fucking zekrom in VGC '15. While it wasn't particularly broken, gamefreak clearly saw an issue in how omnipresent it was.
>>
>>32984001
The best set for Talonflame was the bulky one, priority roost+bulk up was the real thread with Talonflame because it worked in literally every team, even in high leader stall teams.
>>
>>32983933
removing the priority boost to the support moves was necessary, priority tailwind and roost were annoying af, but they went too far; I can't say I'm not happy cause it helped the roach, marshadow and megalopunny
>>
>>32988277
Volcarona won a lot too, now it's A+ thanks to Talonflame death too.
>>
>>32983933

Necessary. Route 1 birds aren't supposed to rule fucking OU. Despite memes, it's still fucking good, fast as hell, and has the only priority Z move in the game and therefore the strongest priority move in the game. It's still bettr than other route 1 trash birds like swellow
>>
>>32983961
>Reading comprehension

>>32983980
What?
>>
>>32988277
i wonder how Pheromosa or Marshadow would've fared if Gale Wings was as good as it was last gen
>>
>>32983933
Instead of the stupid meme nerf it got, they should've just reduced the priority bracket to .5 in order to allow moves like Aqua Jet or Accel Rock to surpass Gale Wings.

Problem solved. Talonflame is still OU material but is now riskier to run
>>
>>32988476
>priority bracket to .5
Now THIS is a stupid meme nerf
>>
No, no one will miss you, especially me.
>>
>>32984001
F
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.