[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pmdg/ - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 289
Thread images: 44

Board Raid Edition

PSMD and Gates download: http://pastebin.com/kh7GcnYm

Check the guides at >>>/vg/hbg if you don't know how to install the game. You won't lose any online features or anything doing so, don't worry. You'll be able to do everything that you'd normally be able to and much more!

MD Exploration Pack, which contains a DS emulator and roms, Wiiware roms, and custom portraits: https://mega.nz/#F!gFlVkSLI!tXbyoO5rwfUYnb9jf7yVsQ

/vp/'s Mystery Dungeon guides: http://pastebin.com/Dbq61R5u

PSMD Wondermail codes: http://www.cpokemon.com/2015/11/24/todas-las-contrasenas-wonder-mail-

REMINDER: If you need a rescue, post your region. Due to a few things that make no sense, rescues are region locked. It's shitty, but be sure to mention if you're European or American.

Question: What would you like the plot of the next game to be?
>>
File: art-003.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
art-003.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>
>>
Was there a raid when I wasn't looking?
>>
>>32983931
Yeah, and every thread got purged. Just go look at the catalog at all the new threads that had to be made. Fuckin Bui.
>>
File: 1495396319219.jpg (7KB, 296x266px) Image search: [Google]
1495396319219.jpg
7KB, 296x266px
>>32983972
Will it ever stop?
>>
>>32984057
Probably not, but at least the mods are doing their jobs.
>>
hey /md/ how are you?
>>
been waiting for this thread to pop up again
I should save the template
Anyways, post teams, ingame or headcanon. I like Beedrill/Infernape/Octillery together.
>>
File: Ampharos and Wooper.png (150KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Ampharos and Wooper.png
150KB, 500x750px
>>32985146
best duo
>>
File: 250px-640Virizion_PMDGTI.png (45KB, 250x265px) Image search: [Google]
250px-640Virizion_PMDGTI.png
45KB, 250x265px
>>32985146
I'm currently playing as Haxorus/Virizion/Emolga a lot in Super Mystery Dungeon. Been doing a headcanon/roleplay thing that is a continuation of my Gates to Infinity playthrough, Haxorus was the partner mon and in this canon the player never came back from the human world. So he became kinda jaded and eventually closed down Paradise to wander, but occasionally runs with some of his old crew.

Virizion and Emolga are just my preferred team for him, but I also have him adventure with Dunsparce, Hydreigon, Espeon, Umbreon or Keldeo sometimes.
>>
hey we're back!
Bui's raids are pretty cool
>>
>>32985146
I'm using nidorina, mienfoo and braixen on my team, was doing incredible well in the regi dungeon, since they're all weak to fighting moves, right until regigigas who instakilled most of my team in 1 hit, on my second attempt i got to regigigas without using a single revival seed.
>>
Psychic, Extrasensory or Psyshock?
>>
>>32985146
I've just started replaying Sky as Chimchar and Munchlax. Only gotten to Fogbound Lake but it's been pretty good so far
>>
>>32985566
>Bui's raids are pretty cool
degenerate furry spotted
>>
File: 1464745902912.png (225KB, 1225x713px) Image search: [Google]
1464745902912.png
225KB, 1225x713px
>>32985146
>I should save the template
Would it be this one, by any chance?
>>
>>32986145
extrasensory has real nice pp so I recommend that
>>
>>32983748
>Gates
I knew I smelled shit somewhere nearby
>>
>>32987097
I meant the template for the post but
>RB: Psyduck/Treecko
>TDS: Chimchar/Bulbasaur
>Gates: Oshawott/Axew
>Super: Turtwig/Mudkip
>>
File: 1483652178446.png (291KB, 1225x713px) Image search: [Google]
1483652178446.png
291KB, 1225x713px
>>32987097
Thanks for reminding me that I started filling this out months ago and didn't get around to finishing it until today
>>
Are the games after Explorers of Sky worth playing? I've heard they deviate quite a bit from how the games usually play and there's very little post game.
>>
>>32990044
people will tell you that Gates to Infinity was absolute shit and to avoid playing it, but honestly I don't think it is nowhere as bad as everyone says
The only problem with it is that it is an average game that was a sequel to a game that many people consider perfection of the series, and as a result people exaggerate how bad it is
>>
>>32990044
if you don't want game but actually want story, "play" gti
if you want game play super it's good
>>
File: pmd teams final.png (299KB, 1225x713px) Image search: [Google]
pmd teams final.png
299KB, 1225x713px
>>32987097
And now that I've posted this I might as well fill it out again. Finally got around to playing all the games so now this is pretty much complete.

Gen 7 PMD when?
>>
>>32990044
depends, why are you playing mystery dungeon?
>>
File: pmdstarters.png (306KB, 1225x713px) Image search: [Google]
pmdstarters.png
306KB, 1225x713px
>>32987097
Might as well
>>
>>32983748
Nightposting, this will be weird
>You wake up in the pokemon world as usual, meet partner, town.
>Tutorial crap, reveals you can see a vision of a white light that doesnt seem to be from this world
>Next mission, find macguffin pokemon to save town from drought
>Midway, encounter a dense gray fog, with digital effects. Try to fight, bit get your ass kicked.
>Macguffinmon notices you, brings you back to town.
>You wake up to discover you have a giant fucking arm cannon on you
>Members of your guild also have small cybernetic alterations. Also lets you telrpathically communicate with your partner
>Macguffinmon warns of an evil group of pokemon abusing the grey fog, which appeared out of nowhere one day, and basically turning themselves into giant weapons
>At the very end, you discover the world you were in was inside of a computer, with the scientists trying to simulate an ideal, virtual society they can use to repair the human world after decades of catastrophe
>One scientist unleashed the fog on the computer for an unknown reason

Thats all I got so far. Any suggestions?
>>
>>32991237
>>You wake up to discover you have a giant fucking arm cannon on you
>>Members of your guild also have small cybernetic alterations. Also lets you telrpathically communicate with your partner
I don't like to do this, but: stopped reading there.
Next thing you'll tell me is the final boss is a rampaging human-arceus hybrid created by a suicidal evil scientist.
Please, especially if this is your first attempt, try to make something as vanilla as possible. Tone down on that edge, it's actually dangerous.
>>
>>32991237
that's some strong stuff you're smoking man
>>
>>32991237
Where's Ronald McDonald when I need him
>>
>>32990044
>>32990073
This. I may be biased because Gates was my first MD game (I've since went back and played the whole series) but it was way better than people say it was. The story and characters are great, and while the lack of Pokemon variety sucks, things like Paradise and Companion Mode are really cool. Plus, its the only MD game that has actual multiplayer.
>>
>>32991237
It started out ok but quickly went full retard. That's fucking dumb, Anon.
>>
>>32991863
If the gameplay wasn't so easy and it had postgame i think it would be pretty well received if not considered as one of the best PMD.
You have to admit, the execution might not have been the best, but they god damn tried to make the game more interesting by adding as many features as they could.
>>
File: 1454476058235.png (51KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1454476058235.png
51KB, 550x550px
>tfw slow text speed
>>
File: IMG_4564.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4564.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Can I get some North American help here guys?
>>
>>32994185
On my way.
>>
File: WP_20170710_19_22_00_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170710_19_22_00_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>32994185
Here you go. Good luck!
>>
>>32987097
Am I supposed to fill in my very first team for each? If so:
>RB
Mudkip and Bulbasaur
>TD
Squirtle and Turtwig
>Sky
Shinx and Meowth
>GtI
Snivy and Axew
>Super
Treecko and Mudkip
>>
>>32985146
HC:
Bittercold was a piece of Dark Matter. In Super they mention DM having ravaged the land in the past, but the player stopped it. So my HC is that when it was defeated, an extra large shard survived an fell to Glacier Palace in Gatesland. This shard was so big that it could have a mind of it's own and therefore develop to become a major threat. This it did by infusing the Glacier Palace and Kyurem.
>>
So I dropped Super after beating the main game and am picking back up again. If I recall travelling to different continents to see the different missions available per dungeon was quite inconvenient. What I like to do is see which dungeons have the most amount of missions and go for them. What's the easiest way to do that?
Is there DLC for the game? Payed or unpayed?
>>
>>32987097
I just realized I was a pretty big faggot
>Machop+Pikachu
>Turtwig+Chimchar
>Riolu+Pikachu
>Axew+Pikachu
>Riolu+Pikachu
>>
>>32996190
>travelling to different continents to see the different missions available per dungeon was quite inconvenient
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you don't have to physically visit the continent before seeing the missions available for it. 99% of missions are visible from the Connection Orb. I think the ones where you don't have to do a mission don't show up but that's it. Just sort the missions by continent in the Orb, that's the easiest way to do what you want.
>Is there DLC for the game?
Nope.
>>
>>32996190
for seeing the missions without going to the continents i think you can check them from the mission book in the menu.

>Is there DLC for the game? Payed or unpayed?
Gates to infinity was the only PMD to have DLC.
>>
>>32996240
>>32996251
wow, I didn't even know you could sort them that way! That's so much easier, thanks.
Another question. The previous games' worlds are some of the continents, right? Which one is from Gates?
>>
File: tumblr_nzzoblILRB1r63uuro1_1280.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzzoblILRB1r63uuro1_1280.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>32996266
Mist
>>
>>32996314
Oh thanks!
Sorry to barrage with questions, but i have a few more. So they carried global exp gain over from Gates. Now I don't think I've noticed it affecting Pokemon I'm not using. Does it accumulate by itself or is it when they first enter a dungeon? Also motivated mons only get the bonus if they go out, right?
>>
File: 1413954969800.jpg (14KB, 249x280px) Image search: [Google]
1413954969800.jpg
14KB, 249x280px
>Hey anon, you wanna check out my secret base? Haha, bet you thought it was a Monster House, huh? Well...
>>
>>32996397
>Does it accumulate by itself or is it when they first enter a dungeon?
It affects them even if you don't use them. Leveling is a lot slower in Super so it would be difficult to notice but you don't have to bring them into a dungeon for them to level up.
>Also motivated mons only get the bonus if they go out, right?
Correct.
>>
>>32996479
Awesome, thanks. Last question- plain seeds could be used in Explorers for shakes and the lotto I remember, but any use for them in Super?
>>
>>32996534
Using the move Recycle turns any Plain Seeds in your inventory into random useful (or at least usable) seeds. I think a berry or two can also be a result.
>>
>>32996552
Oh, that's cool I guess. Doesn't recycle work out of dungeon? I recall the older games it wouldn't.
>>
>>32996570
Nope, I'd take a whole inventory to Thrash Dungeon and clean out the Plain Seeds, or at least enough Plain Seeds to hit 0PP in Recycle. The few floors of the dungeon can at least be used to train some moves a tiny bit. I'd do this on days where my go-to's were on break.
>>
>tfw have half a PMD fanstory idea made up
>no artistic ability to draw a comic
feels bad man
>>
>>32996622
Don't want to just write it?
>>
>>32996625
I imagine it better for visual style, but I also feel like not only am I shitty at writing but also I wonder if anyone would care enough to read it.
>>
>>32996800
how long it is?, i wouldn't mind wasting 10 minutes of my day to read your story.
plus, you always wanna have someone read your story first so you can get some ideas on how to improve and to check some errors that you might have overlook.
>>
>>32996597
Who were your go-to's anon?
>>
>>32996997
Chespin/Wooper/Ampharos
>>
>>32996907
I don't have it written up right now, but I want it to be the length of a normal game plotline. I could give it a shot, but it will most likely be bad.
>>
In Super, how do you get your teamates to talk to you when you press A on them? You know, the flavortext. Sometimes they do it, but most of the time they just salute, and I'm having a hard time getting them to do it.
>>
>>32997126
Look at some other artists comics for inspiration!
>>
>>32991237
Yes, it is weird indeed. If that's what you were going for you did kind of well.
>>
>>32997296
It's random. You have to keep trying. Some guy here was taking screenshots for all of them, but I don't think he got past gen 2? I don't have the imgur link anymore, unfortunately.
>>
Need help with this Gorebyss moveset.
>Water Gun
>Water Pulse
>Agility
>Confusion
>Draining Kiss
>>
>>32997567
Of those Confusion seems the least useful, I feel like you'd appreciate the extra Water STAB a bit more.
You doing a level reset dungeon run or something?
>>
>>32985146
I like Mudkip and Banette.
>>
I would really love Decidueye, Mimikyu, A-Marowak
But unless you can get either of the second two as a starter it probably won't happen because my auts demands my story partner come with me
>>
>>32997706
naw, fixing moveset that it came with and I dont have too many TMs
>>
>>32997126
>but I want it to be the length of a normal game plotline.
it's good that you wanna have that much planned out, but it would be better if you make it into chapters, so it doesn't feel so overwhelming and so can people give it a try.
>>
>>32997998
>single stage mon as a partner

Doubt it. Cubone is unlikely considering they didnt have any nonstarter pokemon not named Riolu in SMD
>>
>>33000540
It seems they may have intended to do others:
http://gbatemp.net/entry/dark-pikachu.11512/

Though the problem is they want to put in every single FWG starter and we've got loads of them now. The more of them we have the fewer non-starters they can work in.
>>
>>33000926
fire/water/grass is boring though
>>
>>32999468
Oh I do plan to divvy it into chapters, but I mean for the overall story I have in mind.
>>
>>33000926
That's the same model unused model from GtI.
>>
>>32997126
>>32997307
>>32996907

I've also thought of story ideas. I've typed them down, but I haven't started writing. I'm not even going to think about it until I have a plan from beginning to end. There are several things that I want to do that are relatively mold breaking, but I'm worried about the execution, and trying to make them all work might be more trouble than it's worth.
Frankly I don't really care if my ideas are stolen as long as they're executed well. I wouldn't mind sharing some of the things that I want to make work.
>>
VPMD >>33002838
Not sure if anyone still follows these links, but I figured I'd post it anyway
>>
>>33003000
nice post number
>>
>>33003753
Thanks, I quite like it myself.
>>
>>32999468

I'm>>33002800
Do you want to hear my ideas? I really don't care if anyone takes them because I honestly don't have confidence in my skills. I'm not saying that I'll never write it, but I don't plan to actually write beyond brainstorming and summary.
>>
>>33004940
I'm the first story guy, and I'd be happy to hear them out. I may even get the courage to share ideas of my own as well.
>>
In Super, is there a way to change who's the captain of the motivated team? Or does it not matter since you can change that when you hit the dungeon?
Also I'm trying to build my dream team. Any advice on what to look for aside from room clearing moves? I remember IQ groups in the first 2 games but IQ isn't a thing any more, so any factors like that in team comp?
>>
>>33004964
There are several things in my story that are considered unformulaic relative to the main series.

>Prologue
There is the typical unknown voice that calls to the human, offering an escape from (gender kept secret) shitty life. In return, the voice requires the human to fulfill a role in rooting out the corruption that consumes this world. The human agrees to this.

>Characters
I want to have around 4 main characters. What is just as important as the characters themselves is how they view and treat each other. They're all friends, but they each have viewpoints that they may share or not share. The team all want to pursue careers that either involve exploring or are peripheral to exploring, such as archaeology, bounty hunting, search & rescue, biology, reporting, and even cooking/medicine.
They're personalities, if boiled down to absurd simplicity, can describe them individually as dutiful, kind, cunning, and scholarly.

>Setting
The setting is somewhat similar to GtI. Crime is very rampant and authorities are either underpowered or corrupted. Things aren't grim, however, as people do find opportunities to perform traveler's tasks such as bounty hunting, and most criminal gangs won't go too far most of the time. There is also a religious order that seeks to provide for the needy and keep them away from thievery and other illegal activities. They seem to be the only organization with some amount of integrity, but some of the clergy like to remind their listeners on humility and caution.

cont.
>>
>>33005213
>Human Protagonist and the major plot
The strange thing about this story is that neither the reader nor the group knows if any of them are human. The human doesn't matter in the early-to-mid beginning. At some point in the story we get to meet our human protagonist. As it turns out, it's actually one of the members in the group. He/she may not even be aware of being human.
The human wants to find out about his past. After finding someone capable of memory delving, the human goes to find out.
The human did not expect what he saw. In fact, he's horrified at what he was as a human. At some point, either immediately or some days after, he goes into exile either by choice or because he's being hunted.
The interesting thing about the human's old-self vs new-self is that while they both differ significantly in beliefs, they have very similar personalities, and that is what terrifies the new-self. He struggles with this identity crisis in exile and despair.
He is eventually given help and refuge to the region's religious group. He has actually looked up to them for a long time, and he is pretty much willing to listen to anything they say.
They were actually expecting him. They reveal themselves as the ones who summoned him to help bring peace to the world. Their method: use an ancient megastructure that takes away the free will of Pokemon. For some reason a human is required to activate it (and perhaps not just any, but one with a righteous heart that desires order).
At first he is fine with this, but after finding out that a traitor wants to take advantage of the device for him/herself, the traitor gets outed (by him or someone else). He starts to have seconds thoughts now that he knows the implications and the potential abuse this could have.

cont/
>>
Does anyone remember the Flareon secret base mission?
>By the way, Espeon and Umbreon mostly prefer to play with just each oth-
>No Flareon! What did you just say?!
>Th-that's preposterous!
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>33005253
After seeing a cover-up of a cleric's malpractice (unrelated to the traitor), he is convinced that the order is unworthy of that much power, and goes and sabotages the plan and runs away.
He doesn't know who to trust anymore. He can't even trust himself much, since his old-self does is highly vindictive and self-righteous. He knows he has to find his friends, but he knows that his actions have placed a bounty on him. Somehow, he gets into contact with his friends and meets up with them.
(Shit, I dunno, but now there's there a the final showdown)
The antagonist reminds the human that if he does not comply with destiny, he will be sent back and forced to face his crimes.
In the end, the human refuses to give into cowardice and the desire for simple solutions and fights against the antagonist.
The antagonist didn't lie; he starts to fade from reality. He says he is ready to face justice for his crimes, learning to accept his mistakes and no longer be so rash and reckless with others.

The antagonist is somewhat unique because not only is the antagonist(s) just regular Pokemon, but they are ultimately well-intended. Their organization is also not completely corrupt except at the very top, so things end up being reformed in the end with a promise of peace and order being restored throughout the land.

There are some plotholes, and I'm aware that there are things that either need to be worked just right, or need to be scrapped for the sake of the story. I'm tired, anyways.
>>
>>33005329
So it ends right there, or is there an epilogue planned? Is the reunion with friends going to be heartfelt?
>>
>>33005500
I was considering having the human disappearing be subverted by having a legendary intervene and stop the fading (one that is a part of another good group that was aware of the antagonists' scheme and sent his/her followers to stop them, not a deus ex machina). The human is actually genuinely remorseful and wants to set things right, but he also knows his friends will miss him. Thankfully, his dilemma is solved by being granted the ability to swap consciousnesses from his human self and Pokemon self (thanks to temporal weirdness and unconsciousness of sleep).
It would keep sequels open and also shows the main character's courage and thoughtfulness, but I'm worried that it would just be another anti-sadness cop-out. Plus, I don't plan on doing sequels.
>>
>>33005135
You can manually make a team with the motivated members in any order, but it doesn't really matter since you can swap in-dungeon.

You'll want to have multiple ranged attacks on your partners because they'll be using them a lot more than standard attacks.
Weather/terrain effects can be really powerful so if you can get everyone involved with one of those you're set.
>>
>>33005306
It means it's time to get a lesbian on.
>>
>>33005329
>>33005748
i really dig the story, sounds pretty nice, it needs a little polishing here and there, but the base is pretty solid.
A question, the machine takes away the free will of pokemon, but how would it be used?, would it be to brain wash dangerous pokemon instead of sending them to a jail or they pretend to used it through the world to put the idea of ''we're all gonna be friend now whether you liked it or not''
>>
>>33008833
It suppresses ambition and enforces strict sociological conformity. It also emits a "call" that can be ignored with an iron will, but it causes a lot of mental stress to those who refuse to heed whatever "greater good" it is. They still have most of their other emotions intact. The megastructure was created to help unite Pokemon against a calamity such as a rampaging legendary, but it requires a "trainer" to utilize.
The antagonists want to go totalitarian on the region to weed out the "problematic" people and try to get the rest to cooperate with a plan for peace that may cause people to do things that are against their interests, including giving up cherished items or be forced into inappropriately harsh labor.
>>
>>33008927
i see, that's a pretty neat concept, pretty unique, yet simple
>>
>>33005135
Sunflora is sleeper OP if you get Sun's Blessing or whatever that emera is called, since it starts firing off 4 Solarbeams per turn like a budget version of Drifblim
>>
File: tiny woods rescue.png (178KB, 980x310px) Image search: [Google]
tiny woods rescue.png
178KB, 980x310px
>>
File: kill urself my man.png (37KB, 400x383px) Image search: [Google]
kill urself my man.png
37KB, 400x383px
>>
>>33013559
That was a good post game story.
>>
>>32983931
What's THE best moveset possible? I want to build Smeargle because he is capable of achieving this.
>>
>>33013706
Not meant for whoever I replied to.
>>
>>33013572
This. It's sad GtI killed postgame plot as a feature.
>>
>>33013722
It didn't kill it, it just never had it.
also what post game was in Darkness/Time?, was it even there some post game before Sky?
>>
>>33013991
Sky only added Shaymin Village and the special episodes. Story-wise, everything else was already there in Time/Darkness.
>>
>>33013991
I say killed because Super didn't have much of a plot after the maingame either.

TD was the exact same cept for Sky Peak. Also, the 7 Treassures were obscure and had to be wondermailed.
>>
>>33014022
>>33014044
huh, i see.
>>
>>33013706
Perhaps something like Rollout/Bonemerang/Sacred Fire/Agility
Rollout hits 5 times until it misses, and you can boost its accuracy with drinks
Bonemerang hits twice, 10 tiles away
Sacred Fire hits the room and burns. Might want Uproar instead for STAB?
Agility can give your teammates a bunch of free turns

Though if you roid up enough then you can make do with most things.
You can get certain moves up to 99PP with enough drinks so maybe those become more valuable than multi-hits at that point. Maybe use Attack Order for your room hit because nothing's immune.

Dark Void/Spore could also be useful if your room-hits are weaker.
>>
Gen 7 game WHEN
>>
>>33013991
I would say Buried Relic, Ho-Oh, Latios/Latias, Deoxys, and Mewtwo all count as post game story in Rescue Team, even if they weren't plot per say. They had little expose scenes to each, and that's more than any challenge letter in Explorers or Super gave.
Anyone else have such fond memories of going through Mewtwo's dungeon just to get a shot at fighting him? Or packing nothing but Apples to try and get to Deoxys?
>>
>>33014948
>tfw the first time i went to Western Cave to seriously go for Mewtwo i was so overpowered i could only die via Screech bullshit
>OHKO'd Mewtwo

It was real anticlimactic, the real shit is the level 1 dungeons.
>>
File: Craggy Coast Grinding.gif (2MB, 424x530px) Image search: [Google]
Craggy Coast Grinding.gif
2MB, 424x530px
filename bump
>>
>>33013572
I'd say they're better without continuing plots. The first part of the postgame of Sky (Shaymin Village-Regi Relic or whatever) and Rescue Team's entire postgame were good examples.
>>
>>33016590
I agree. I think Rescue Team captures the feeling of "post-game" the best because it feels like extra content rather than an epilogue.
>>
>>33018417
I agree with you, I'm not sure if that's what the other guy meant though.

>>33016590
Explorers was ok, but I would rather them do it the RT way really. Minor stories that connect with each others and the main one.
>>
Is there a guide on unlocking connection orb missions? Is it even worth making one?
>>
>>33019008
Not really. You either go for all or go for none. If you want a specific 'mon you're screwed, I guess, but then it's a matter of building your way towards it's location on the map while hoping the mission randomly pops up. Someone should stitch together a map.
>>
Question, in Super does size matter or can there still only be 1 really big guy as opposed to teams of 3?
Also I know they brought 99 floor dungeons back. When do they start coming around, or at least dungeons longer than 15 floors?
>>
>>33019128
They never removed them. They've always been in the postgame, and Super is no different.
>>
VPMD >>33019885
Only one thread from a hundred
>>
File: Improved enemy AI.jpg (215KB, 480x623px) Image search: [Google]
Improved enemy AI.jpg
215KB, 480x623px
filename bump
>>
File: mawileimposter.jpg (46KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
mawileimposter.jpg
46KB, 640x358px
What's the lowest point in the series?

My vote is for the scene were there is a dramatic reveal of a impostor involving two charters we barely fucking know.
>>
>>33022807
Aegis Cane
>>
>>33022807
The English adaptation of that is the worst thing they could have possibly come up with.
>>
>>33022807
When Explorers tries to make you sad by "killing" characters only for them to be fine not two minutes later.
>>
File: ANGERY(1).jpg (28KB, 580x569px) Image search: [Google]
ANGERY(1).jpg
28KB, 580x569px
>>33022807
The whole apple tree forest quest?, how team skull never gets punished for eating the apples and instead we get treated like garbage because of them?, and from what i remember we never even get to beat their asses, wigglytuff kick their asses after they try to gang on him/her/whatever and then they get ambushed in the cave and then they have a change in heart and become ''good guys'', but they never get punished for the apples.
>>
I've recently finished SMD and wanted to ask for some general advice.
What to do post game, tips to level etc.
>>
>>33025037
>What to do post game, tips to level etc.
complete the treasure list, use your bros to make a team, it doesn't matter if one of your bros have attacks that are totally resisted or immune by other typings, team attack will always let you at least do neutral dmg against those types.
>>
>>33022807
I forgot what happened here, fill me in?
>>
>>33025433
One of the dark mater thngies pretended to be him
Different languages handled it in different ways. Of course, Japanese is the one where it makes more sense. https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/01/23/how-does-mawile-spot-the-imposter-in-chapter-18-pokemon-super-mystery-dungeon-jp-vs-eng/
Other translations did it a bit better
>>
They got creative.

Bunnelby would never say “seen” when he should have said “saw”!

ホルビーは 自分のことをオレとはよばないっ!!
(Bunnelby would never say I* in the place of Myself!!)

Así que "estoy segura", ¿eh? ¿Desde cuándo desconoce Bunnelby su proprio sexo?
(So, "I'm sure", huh? Since when doesn't Bunnelby know his own sex?)

Er hat gerade "ich" gesagt! Unser Scoppel spricht nie in der ersten Person von sich!!
(He said "I"! Our Bunnelby never speaks of himself in the first person!)

Sapereau n'aurait jamais dit "de mes propres mirettes"!
(Bunnelby would never say "my own eyes"!) [I'm not sure about this? I guess it's a weird way to refer to eyes?]

Bunnelby non si muove così!
(Bunnelby doesn't move that way!)
>>
>>33026605
Japanese>German>Spanish>French>English>Italian
>>
I liked Gates
>>
>>33026691
what did you like about it
>>
File: 1287340229353.jpg (181KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1287340229353.jpg
181KB, 600x337px
>>33026695
It was coherent for one thing. It never went full retard with with bizarre shit like "your partner is secretly Mew's mirror universe twin".
>>
>>33026605
I like that in the spanish version the imposter fuck up with something so basic as to know if bunnelby is a girl or a boy.

>Bunnelby non si muove così!
>(Bunnelby doesn't move that way!)
???
that's really bad...
>>
Playing explorers of Time. I had a problem where my partner wasn't aggressive enough with enemies, resulting in either me or my tagalongs getting beaten up. I set him to go after enemies but now he doesn't use his special moves in a fight.
>>
>>33028573
>Eevee with Run Away
>>
>>33022807
When you've been having a blast with the school and travel part, thinking the story has just started, but you get to the society part and you realize, by looking at the boss portraits in the main menu, that the story is actually over 80% finished but the actual plot hasn't even kicked in yet. Seriously, when I saw that the part where you wake up your partner Jirachi from his evening nap was treated as a "serious" boss by taking up one of the portrait spots that could potentially have gone to something actually impactful or plot relevant, I started to contemplate my purchase.

There were so few portrait spots anyway, and they waste them on shit like that (and beedrill, and "giratina" for that matter... Christ!) instead of making an actually compelling story.
>>
RT fans
>muh comfy friend areas
Exploeres fans
>muh deviantart story, grovyle is sp hot
Gates bros
>appreciates a good story and the new mechanics, doesn't mind bad features like IQ being removed
Super fans
>muh 720
>>
>>33029571
Team Skills are too luck based to get, there's no reliable way of getting them.
>>
>>33026691
Me too. First one to add 3d, development of moves, universal exp, combining bank and storage, actually valuable treasure chests... It was a blast desu; going into a dungeon and having a pokemon jet in levels and then motherfucking evolving on the spot, giving wild mons gifts to bribe them, spinning the V-wheel (and Victiny's related gag), but most of all; building Paradise.

It was also the last to have recruitment and mssions (which were properly rewarding this time) and also the last time evolution wasn't completely redundant, so it will always have a spot up there.
>>
>>33029571
>deviant art story
Come on now
>>
>>33029679
It's pretty fanficcy, don't deny it. The whole time travel nonsense is the worst, Grovyle's extremely flat and boring, even in the Special Episode. He's also the worst case of trying too hard to look cool, with the whole "please forgive me even though I'm going to kill you" shit at Crystal Cave and having a shiny legendary (one that's impossible to obtain in the main games, mind you. Also female) riding on his ass. The partner's the most unlikeable shit in the entire game, always using the protagonist as a crutch. The protagonist also suffers from being having too many snowflake powers, being pretty much the only human in the PMDverse (at least in the others' cases, they came from the regular world), also coming from the future, being Grovyle's old buttbuddy, and having visions of the future/past. Side characters are relegated to being randumb humor. Some of the missing links in the story are also just answered by "Darkrai did it also he's pretty much the devil mastermind"
Dusknoir in the Special Episode was good, despite the shittiness of almost everything else.
>>
File: 100573247938.jpg (38KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
100573247938.jpg
38KB, 500x316px
>>33029679
>>33029733
How can it be made better? I'll give my ideas.
>Remove the Dimensional Scream. It's either redundant or can be solved with keenness or intelligence. Waterfall Cave can be written off as simply noticing a gap in the falls and a platform on the other side.
>Time Gears are not hard to sense by anyone due to the temporal aura of super importance they give off. At Quicksand Cave's entrance, your partner actually thinks that there is a gear under the pit, but wanted your confirmation that he/she wasn't just sensing nothing.
>When you first meet Skunktank, he is actually nice to you and smells nice (thanks to cologne). He claims that he is trying to reform some "jokers" by taking them under his wing. Skunktank is actually the "face" of Team Skull and doesn't do the dirty work, which is why nobody suspects him and he has never had a bounty. Not sure what to do about Chatot, though, but I have a few ideas that are too long.
>Explain why there is a human running around in the future.
>Partner has selfish qualities, but is also a compassionate person who feels guilt when using others solely for his own benefit. Make the revelations of the Time Crisis a point where he becomes more initiative and tenacious. Have him intercept Grovyle's finishing blow instead of Dusknoir
>Partner has a moment where he confesses that he feels like an impostor. Regardless of your response, he will make the conclusion that he needs to have more confidence in himself. Have a situation that establishes the point where he goes from a load to an inexpendible asset, then don't revert back.

I honestly didn't mind most of the guildmembers being one-dimensional gimmicks. I didn't see them as important enough to care about, but Wigglytuff and Chatot definitely needed improvement.
Also Grovyle was more like the "I have no quarrel with you, but I'll kill you if I have to." He's not that violent. Still your point nonetheless.
>>
>>33029495
>by looking at the boss portraits in the main menu, that the story is actually over 80% finished but the actual plot hasn't even kicked in yet.
Oh fuck, the boss portraits, i remember having the same thought, they added too many and the ones in the middle are all right next to each other, those were such a mistake.

>and they waste them on shit like that and beedrill, and giratina for that matter...
i would argue that the giratina one was totally deserved, especially because it was kinda it's own arc and because it was so important for the school kids.

>>33029671
>Me too. First one to add 3d, development of moves, universal exp, combining bank and storage, actually valuable treasure chests... building Paradise.
ah, such a shame, GTI was probably the most innovative PMD, yet it's regarded as the worst, it had so many new features, yet they were almost all dropped in Super, so dissapointing
>>
>>33025032
Holy shit, fucking THIS. They just keep fucking you up, your character pussies out in cutscenes and gets K.O.'d every time by le stinky gas. And they never fucking get comeuppance, they just are suddenly like "o we good now gais xD"

Honestly, I fucking hated the whole Guild in Explorers, and was so glad to get out of it. Between douchebag Chatot treating you like shit and special snowflake manbaby Wigglytuff being ooohh so cool and tough, he shakes the whole building when he's mad!11! Probably an unpopular opinion here desu, I just hated the Guild in that game. The rest of the story was fine.

It doesn't help that even when you leave the Guild, Chatot is STILL fucking taking your money.
>>
>>33030428
>>33025032
I think it was implied that they died at the cave. Super retconned it, but keep in mind that 1) there are things in Super that might contradict things, such as Grovyle and Celebi being around; and 2) it's best to look at the game story that was made at the time.

>Probably an unpopular opinion here desu, I just hated the Guild in that game.
Me too. I'm wondering if this is a case where something that is beloved in one country is hated in another, an "Americans Hate Tingle" phenomenon. Verbal tics and fairyman-children don't register very well with the hearts of Americans and other westerners.
>>
>>33030470
Even if they're implied dead, I'm pissed off you never once got to beat the shit out of them. And even more infuriating that the manbaby is the one to beat them up.

But your theory might be correct there, though I've noticed a lot of people from here who absolutely adore Wigglytuff and the Guild, I don't get it.
>>
>>33030487
>And even more infuriating that the manbaby is the one to beat them up.
>talking shit about chatot who is sleeper OP

He's the only member of the guild to be able to pull off ZIS
>>
>>33030715
Him being secretly OP only makes me hate him more. Because he's a fucking asshat.
>>
>>33030428
Despite how Chatot treats you, I liked him for actually having some character. The rest of the guild don't have a real personality and are defined by their verbal tics.
>>
>>33029733
>Darkrai did it also he's pretty much the devil mastermind
This pissed me off the most, not only because it's a half-assed way of explaining mysterious occurences, but it also creates even more questions. If Darkrai's the one that caused the destruction of Temporal Tower, then how does placing the Time Gears solve this? It'd make more sense if he stole the Time Gears and planted them in certain places, causing Temporal Tower to collapse. Along with that, it still doesn't explain why the guardians don't even know the Time Gears' true purpose. How the hell does hitting the player while they were traveling in the portal turn them into a Pokemon? With amnesia it can at least be handwaved as the impact of the hit, but becoming a Pokemon is still a total stretch. And why the fuck didn't Darkrai show up in Special Episode 5, where he actually got what he wanted? It's all so half-assed.
>>
>>33029495
I don't understand why they limit themselves like that on boss portraits in the 3DS games. You get a portrait for everything in the DS games, and it doesn't tell you how many they are.
>>
>>33029733
>having a shiny legendary (one that's impossible to obtain in the main games, mind you. Also female) riding on his ass
Oh, I see, you're just jealous.
>>
File: 1470179920306.png (291KB, 354x306px) Image search: [Google]
1470179920306.png
291KB, 354x306px
So, I'm new to PMD games and I've just read that pokemon don't get higher stats when they evolve.
Is there even a point or benefit to evolution in these games then?
And doesn't that make most third-stage lines really weak? Or do they have different mechanics/stats for these games?
>>
>>33033680
There are only like three reasons to evolve Pokemon:
1) you like evolution better
2) it has different/better movesets (Charizard is pretty neat for lv. 1 dungeons in Rescue Team, since it has heat wave at Lv. 1)
3) completion (In Rescue Team, most of the fully evolved Pokemon cannot be evolved; those who can't usually have negative recruit rate somewhere around -24% or so, I think? All Pokemon that are in 3-stage family and have evolved once, like Silcoon or Machoke, have something like -19.5%)
>>
>>33033702
>most of the fully evolved pokemon cannot be evolved
fuck i mean recruited
Also, I forgot
4) typing (though it only matters outside of Rescue, since in Rescue you can just shove gummis down the pokemon's throat until it learns super mobile and can walk on all terrains)
>>
>>33033702
>>33033716
>movesets
>typing
That does seem like the only reasons I would want to evolve then.
Just to be sure, are the movesets the same as in the main games?
>>
>>33033737
I don't remember from which game the movesets are taken though (other than Rescue Team using FRLG), but, besides some minor changes to accomodate new game mechanics, yes, they're mostly the same.

For example, the elemental hyper beams are learned by level up in Rescue Team and Explorers, though only if you have high IQ. In Gates, they're TMs you get by maxing out Paradise, and only in Super they are moves taught by somebody.

Rescue Team also allows duplicates of a move.
>>
>>33033680
Pokémon have different stat growth in these games than the main series. In RT basically everyone had the same stat distribution but they've been getting more accurate.
It doesn't especially matter though since anyone can cap their stats with enough vitamins.
>>
>>33033680
Pokemon get higher stats, but only in Explorers, and only due by 10HP/5 points in other stats. Really the only point to evolving is if you prefer an evo to its base form. All pokemon can hit the upper stat cap, and a lot of pokemon are more than useful without the moves a later form would get.
>>
File: politoed.gif (2MB, 312x180px) Image search: [Google]
politoed.gif
2MB, 312x180px
>>33033902
>tfw kecleon's level 1 dungeon growth
and then they decided to make a joke and make it shit for lv. 1 dungeons in explorers
>>
>>33033864
>>33033902
>>33033962
Alright thanks, that clears things for me.
I'm about to play a pmd for the first time, blue rescue team to be more precise. Have a good weekend y'all.
>>
>>33030428
fuck you don't you dare talk shit about wigglytuff
>>
>>32983748

We need a new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game
>>
>>33026605
>japanese pronouns
can someone explain these
>>
>>33014580

in the future.
>>
>>33034541

Google Translation is inaccurate and unreliable.
>>
>>33034556
Still fairly sure in the original version imposter was using a wrong pronoun.
>>
>>33033737
>>33033864
The moveset always come from the latest main game at the time. I don't remember if Sky is Platinum or HGSS, probably the former. Same goes for AS, probably the latter though. GtI has the one from B2W2 and Super the one from ORAS.
>>
>>33033902
>>33034052
what if we edited the games to have different stat grows and maybe movesets to make pokemon more suitable to level 1 dungeons?
>>
>>33034556
>>33034541
>>33034709
I didn't use Google translate for any of those. The Japanese translation comes from the blog post linked earlier, where it explains it in detail. Yes, it did use the wrong pronoun.
>>
>>33035058
That would be interesting.
>>
>>33034163
Wigglytuff is shit. Stupid manbaby special snowflake.
>>
>>33032370
>calling a character trait that's blatantly there to look "cool" and "unique" is being jealous
Explorers' cast tries too hard. Gates also uses legendaries but manages to pull it off without being full-on fanfic tier, only bad thing is that Hydreigon reuses the "I'm not the bad guy" cliche while also being PokeJesus.
>>
>>33036079
>waaah i wish shiny celebi was my gf ;_;
yeah ok
>>
>>33036203
Not an argument, shitposter. Explain why Grovyle was good if you want to defend him instead of resorting to insults.
>>
>>33032370
>>33036203
>liking tsunderes
>liking a mon as ugly as Celebi
>liking pink shinies
Fuck off Grovyle, your taste is shit. I'll be banging my hot Ninetales wife now.
>>
>>33036294
He's the one who's being jealous.

>>33036213
You're the only one who needs to be defended, because of how much your jealousy is showing.
>>
>shitposting
>waifufagging
>complaining about the plot, something almost every PMD fan used to agree was the strong point of the games
We need a new game and fast. This is awful.
>>
>>33036079
about Hydreigon being pokejesus, i give it a pass because he doesn't really have any special powers other than being inmortal, and also once he disappears he doesn't come back until very late in the plot, also for some reason i don't mind the not bad guy cliche, mostly because here makes sense
>>
>>33036494
It will be announced in less than a year, but not before 2017 ends. Mark my words.
>>
100th VPMD thread >>33036585
>>
>>33036454
>I don't like character
>y-you're just jealous!

Holy projection, Batman.
>>
>>33036906
>I don't like character because I don't have pink fairy tsundere girlfriend like him!
>b-b-but I'm not jealous!
>>
>>33036906
Shut up, robin.
>>
>>33036989
>>33036906
ttgo robin is the most iconic robin, which means he's the first one to come to mind when reading your post, which means you're retarded, which means you lose. epic win
This has to be my worst post in a while
>>
>>33037051
I agree. That post was terrible, and you should feel bad.
>>
File: IMG_0131.jpg (63KB, 749x745px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0131.jpg
63KB, 749x745px
Haven't played since blue rescue team as a kid, is it worth getting one of the new ones for my 3ds? I don't know very many new mons will that be a problem? How do the new ones compare to my all time favorite DS game? Thanks for reading
>>
>>33037121
>is it worth getting one of the new ones for my 3ds?
they're good to waste some time

>I don't know very many new mons will that be a problem?
that's a plus
though if i were you, i would play the mainline games in that case, playing pokemon and not knowing what this pokemon turn into made me very excited.

>How do the new ones compare to my all time favorite DS game?
i don't know your taste man, you gotta be more specific
but Gates to infinity is good for the story and Super is good for it's gameplay
>>
>>33037121
Explorers (of Sky) is like an upgraded version of Blue. It has all of the gen 4 Pokémon revealed at the time, an exaggerated and extremely long story (counting postgame) and lots of minor improvements and additions. Many consider it to be the best game in the series. I think the postgame isn't as interesting as it was in BRT, but at least makes it so that both games are worth playing.
It's the third version to Time/Darkness. Sky has everything the old game have, just with new content, new story content, Shaymin and some general improvements.

Adventure Squad is a Japanese only WiiWare game. It has all of the Explorers of Sky general improvements, a few new ones, a new gameplay feature that's unique to it and all of the gen 4 Pokémon. It has next to no story and the graphics are like the Pokémon Ranch/Rumble ones, basically WiiWare/Mii style.
Three versions exist, and you can find different Pokémon in each version. You can have more than one save file. If you have more than one of the three versions on the same consoles, the game saves are shared. Some of the mechanics that go with it are a bit clunky though.

Gates to Infinity is the first game on the 3DS. It lacks lots and lots of features from the previous games and it's quite different in some aspects. It brought some new features (not all of them carried over to the next game) and a new button and menu layout that are also used in the next game. The game has slow text speed, less than 150 Pokémon, a lacking postgames and a bunch of other problems.

Super has all of the Pokémon up to gen 6 except Volcanion. It pretty much brings all of the features from the DS games back, but missions and recruitment are completely different. You get new Pokémon by completing missions, which are always almost the same and sometimes in a specific order, and they're limited in number.
>>
>>33037206
>>33037234
Thanks for taking the time to reply, sounds like it would be worth it to check it out. When you say Super has all the pokemon does that mean theyre all playable? Either way I'll probably be getting it and posting here more often
>>
>>33037367
>When you say Super has all the pokemon does that mean theyre all playable?
Yep. The only games where you can se unplayable Pokémon are RT (Munchlax and the statues) and GtI (Kecleon, Starmie and Victini)
>>
>>33037367
The only pokemon SMD doesn't have playable is Volcanion, as it was unreleased at the time the game came out.
>>
>>33037415
And it's not in the game to being with either. It just didn't exist back then according to TPCi. They've always done this with event Pokémon.
>>
>tempted to go back and try to full clear Super
>remember breaks
God I wish they didn't do that
>>
>>33037536
I still don't get what they were thinking. Motivated Pokemon was enough encouragement to get you to use other pokemon. Breaks on pokemon you want to use just force you to waste a day or 5 by entering a dungeon and using an Escape Orb.
>>
>>33037853
probably it was so in the early game people won't abuse the high level pokemon, seeing how they usually go on break right away after a dungeon.
>>
>>33037893
Maybe, just maybe, they shouldn't have thrown those high level pokemon at you so early, or abolish the system entirely after the credits.
>>
>>33037987
the later probably, having a strong pokemon on your party as a temporal power up is fine.
>>
File: 2921727-1779467907-Mitsu.jpg (33KB, 539x341px) Image search: [Google]
2921727-1779467907-Mitsu.jpg
33KB, 539x341px
>>33036952
>>
File: pokemon bump.png (14KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon bump.png
14KB, 200x260px
>>33040570
>>
File: 1464704403491.jpg (490KB, 1716x1253px) Image search: [Google]
1464704403491.jpg
490KB, 1716x1253px
We need one of these but for Grovyle
>>
File: grovyle.png (171KB, 557x408px) Image search: [Google]
grovyle.png
171KB, 557x408px
>>33044099
have something better
>>
>>33044211
>>
>>33044211
>no likes/dislikes section talking shit about Dusknoir and glorifying Celebi

it's shit
>>
I can't believe I didn't realize how much of a faggot Grovyle was up until today.
>evolving
>>
>>33044211
>grovyle
>pic is sceptile
Is that the joke?
>>
>>33046909
yes
also I guess you can actually evolve him in Super?
>>
>>33046909
>pic is mega sceptile*
and yes
>>
Bubble, Water gun, or Bubblebeam?
Supersonic or Confuse Ray?
>>
filename bump of rage
>>
>>33047122
What game?
>>
>>33051123
Super
>>
>>33051278
The one with the most range and power, obviously.
>>
>>33047122
Bubble for more PP and accuracy
Supersonic for more PP and cutting corners
In general range > PP > accuracy > base power
>>
redpil me on the pmd randomizer
>>
>>33051856
It's pretty self-explanatory, though something to keep in mind is that randomizing items will give you a lot of gummis so unless you limit yourself it's very easy to become op
>>
>>33051291
I thought PP was more important than power?
>>
>>33022807
I had curry tonight and took a real painful shit. The faecal matter I just flushed down the toilet was still better than Super's ending scene.
>>
>>33030428
>>33031100
I remember Chatot treating you like shit, but then I also remember Chatot being cool on your way to see Lapras
>>
File: 53796690_p1.png (179KB, 397x575px) Image search: [Google]
53796690_p1.png
179KB, 397x575px
bump
>>
Ignore stats, abilities, types, movesets. Just your bro Pokemon on sheer principal, what's youre dream team?
>>
>>33051929
>randomizing items will give you a lot of gummis
Isn't that supposed to be random?
>>
>>33054360
Wooper/Ampharos/Chespin
>>
>>33054360
me and my partner
>>
File: coldsteel the grovyle.png (60KB, 680x671px) Image search: [Google]
coldsteel the grovyle.png
60KB, 680x671px
>>33044099
10 seconds in MSpaint
>>
>>33054360
Vulpix, Mimikyu, Jigglypuff, and Sneasel. I love these 'mons.
>>
>>33054904
you get a cookie, good job
>>
File: Kecleon.jpg (58KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kecleon.jpg
58KB, 1920x1080px
filename bump
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2448x2448px
Rescue on Sky please

Surrounded Sea 17F :<
>>
How should Grovyle be written so that he isn't like >>33054904?
>>
Page 10 rescue bump
>>
>>33058053
He already isn't, that's quite an exaggeration
>>
>>33058047

H-hello? Anybody want to take this on?
>>
>>33058053
With an actual personality
>>
>>33058053
Being edgy isn't the problem, the problem is that he's fucking boring
>>
>>33058047
>sideways
>>
>>33058401
>>33058389
How do we make him interesting? He has presumably lived in a world full of darkness, hostility, and despair. Has his mood changed when he got back in time? What was he like before he met the protagonist?

I've always wanted to delve into EoS plot, and maybe make some significant alterations, but I'd feel like I'd be taking the beaten path.
>>
>>32983972
>bui
Who?
>>
>>32991079
>snivy+fennekin
My nigga
>>
File: 1498357197841.jpg (20KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1498357197841.jpg
20KB, 500x313px
>>33060722
You're either baiting or extremly new.
>>
>>33060461
Any amount of depth at all would do. Desperation to achieve his goal, hope for a better future and the possibility of meeting his friend again in it, despair over the loss of his partner, loneliness as he pursues his mission alone, resentment towards the pokemon who are trying to stop him and are idolizing Dusknoir, bitterness over seeing his best friend, who had endured the dark future alongside him, had not only forgotten him completely but had actually found someone who replaced him, or jealousy of the cozy life the two protagonists had made for themselves when he would never have a chance to do so.

There was a lot of opportunity to add depth to him, but I think they actively tried not to so that the ending would hit harder. Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit and they just wanted Grovyle to be the edgy shonen character that's too cool to get emotional.
>>
File: confused anime girl.png (62KB, 316x309px) Image search: [Google]
confused anime girl.png
62KB, 316x309px
Do I need to play these in order?
>>
>>33060978
No.
>>
>>33060978
The plots are entirely separate. I would recommend starting with Sky then moving to Super. From there you could move onto Gates or Rescue Team depending on how you value story vs gameplay/content.
>>
>>33060988
>>33061160
Thanks, friends
>>
>>33026691
>>33030403
>reading this thread
>skipped GtI
Now i feel stupid
>>
>>33052339
>Cry during all credits
>still asking myself what happened to the story
Worst ending
>>
>>33060751
The later. P-please explain who is this raider. Im always out when he's here
>>
File: 1480573445183.png (300KB, 1186x770px) Image search: [Google]
1480573445183.png
300KB, 1186x770px
>>33052339
>>33061418
>>
>>33061534
Yeah it was pretty anticlimactic
>>
I'm pretty sure that SMD and GtI can be fully perfectly emulated on Citra now.
>>
>>33061443
Pretty cool guy who's been doing this for years. He's really into pokémon porn (of the pokémon themselves) and erotic roleplaying. He recently came back asking for draw requests, and if they are fulfilled he won't flood the board for a day! Or at least that's what he says. While doing this he also asks people to erp with him at the same time
>>
>>33061286
Just download GtI and try it. Maybe get custom starters (well, you don't have much of a choice anyway, but it's better than the unova starters alone at least)
>>
>>33061443
I keep trying to type something up but I guess there's a spam filter in place around anything involving this guy now. He's some shitty guy who kept spamming the drawthread with requests for fetish art, and when no one made it he spammed the board with tons of new threads with lewd images overlayed with his requests, causing the mods to remove them and basically wipe the whole board. Turned out he was just depressed over breaking up with his boyfriend or something idk and taking it out on vp
>>
>>33062258
>and taking it out on vp
And also /v/ and /vg/ for some reason. Both of them got one board-wiping raid apiece near the end of his tantrum.
>>
>>33062258
>Turned out he was just depressed over breaking up with his boyfriend
Where can I read about that? I want to keep up with the bui drama this time!
>>
>>33061286
I think you can still enjoy it, the models from SMD are reused from sky, as well as some music and maps, so it won't feel too different.
though you will have to get used to really fucking slow text, i think you can make it go slightly faster by holding b, but it's still pretty slow.

If you don't like to break your immersion i would go against using custom starters like >>33062255 says, since they will be missing portraits and animations, so it will look really weird.

>>33062232
i heard SMD was totally playable in citra but GTI had problems... or was the other way around?
>>
>>33062460
GTI had no problems, SMD had issues now I think that SMD can be enjoyed in its entirety alongside GTI
>>
>>33062824
>GTI had no problems
lol
>>
hey guys
soundcloud guy here
https://instaud.io/16CH
>>
File: 1498242440025.jpg (53KB, 658x537px) Image search: [Google]
1498242440025.jpg
53KB, 658x537px
>>33062922
Nice.
>>
Reminder that this is the only correct ranking of the games:

>top tier
Super Mystery dungeon

>high tier
Time/Darkness

>Low tier
Sky
Red/Blue

>Garbage Tier
Gates

>Meme Tier
Wiiware Garbage
>>
>>33063134
what the fuck why are time/darkness put above sky
>>
>>33052339
Super had the best ending in the series though.
>>
>>33063134
Meant to post this, sorry:

>top tier
Blue Rescue Team

>high tier
Red Rescue Team
Time/Darkness
Super

>low tier
Gates to Infinity

>meme tier
Sky
>>
>>33063134
>>33063225
what's up with the low tier baiting?
>>
>>33063246
Its the only ending that isn't just "here is something sad for 3 minutes, oh nvm," you actually have to work to get your partner back. The ending also works well because your partner is the real main character in Super.
>>
sorry here's the real tiers
>perfect tier
red/blue
sky/time/darkness
super
gates to infinity
>>
>>33063295
I agree
>>
>>33063291
the only thing that i liked about the ending of super was the twist on the formula and that you ''get'' a new partner, other than it feels pretty out of nowhere.

>here is something sad for 3 minutes, oh nvm
>spoiler 1
this makes me think you haven't played GTI
>>
>>33063291
>i havent played gates to infinity: the post
>>
>>33063291
>>33063480
>>33063640
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JrLgxooOQwA
;_;
>>
could this be a... BUMP!?
>>
>>33058047
you still stuck there?
>>
File: 4169016_p0.jpg (61KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
4169016_p0.jpg
61KB, 800x640px
bump
>>
>>33067615
Always remember to eat your gummis
>>
File: gummi bulking.png (500KB, 1047x412px) Image search: [Google]
gummi bulking.png
500KB, 1047x412px
>>33067615
>>
>>33065329
No, it's a JoJo reference
>>
>>33068009
>you have to eat all the gummys!
>why are you doing this
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>33069646
That was a great thread.
>>
>>33069646
now i want someone to draw a hand handing a bowl of gummies to a crying jynx
>>
File: gummis.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
gummis.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
>>33069646
>>
>all this praise for GTI and hate for Super

Truly /vp/ is the most contrarian board. But then we knew that already, this place considers gen 4 good.
>>
>>33069822
gen 4 was not that bad in the end
>>
>>33069822
It's all deserved when talking about the story.

Super's gameplay makes it the best in the series single handedly though. It's the only game I 100%'d while I dropped the others after the post story events, and I didn't even get that far with Rescue Team,
>>
>>33069867
I can't think of one gen 4 game that was better than any game from any other gen. They all play like trash. Hell, the reason gen 5 had basically no new features was it had to clean up gen 4's extensive mess of an engine.
>>
>>33068009
Is it really cheating if everyone's using them?
>>
>>33069822
we're talking mostly about the story, even other places agree that supers fucked up really bad in that aspect, while everywhere even here we think it's the best when it comes to gameplay
and even then, when you ask if you should play the 3DS games, you will get about 2 replies that tell you to skip GTI and 1 that says you should still give it a try
>>
>>33069822
Literally nobody justifies the shit in GtI. That doesn't mean it didn't have some good concepts. And I don't see that much hate from Super. And your gen 4 comparison is dumb.
Thread posts: 289
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.