[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuzlock /nzg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 90

Old bread: >>32970111

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/eC8Kp5sx
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/QeWVEgEc
>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>>
File: 1499571291882.png (194KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499571291882.png
194KB, 450x300px
From last bread.
About yo face the ghost trial. Any ideas on team members?
>>
>>32979996
Nope, I suggest leading with Magnit, break Mimikyu's diguise with Thunder shock and then Mirror Shoot it.

It's how I did it.
>>
>>32979996
Eviolite on Magnit btw.
>>
>>32980304
evolite magneton is pretty damn sturdy, especially with it's shitload of resistances
>>
File: PlatinumNZ.png (71KB, 438x329px) Image search: [Google]
PlatinumNZ.png
71KB, 438x329px
From Last Thread.

Just defeated Gym Leader Dudley ( Crasher Wake )
This guy had a Venusaur, Cherrim & Sandslash.
Poor Delcatty missed Sing and Venusaur got a growth off into petal dance.
>>
File: team1.jpg (41KB, 514x279px) Image search: [Google]
team1.jpg
41KB, 514x279px
Blaze Black 2, could go to the first gym right now

what are my chances?

also buffed dustox isn't all that bad
>>
>>32980726
If Mareep has Thunder Wave then you should be fine if you have a potion or two, bite and work up are probably the most dangerous moves Cheren has.
>>
>>32980775
it's blazeblack, not regular black so I'm not entirely sure what cheren has, but given the theme of the romhack, it's bound to be worse than usual

also dustox has electroweb so mareep is probably not going to see to much action
>>
>>32980799
If it's blaze black 2 then I would train a bit more. Cheren starts with a Minccino with Technician and ends with a Munchlax.
>>
>>32980851
going to assume all of his 'mons also carry oran berries

I hope so actually, dustox has bug bite and I could use it to heal
>>
>>32980864
Munchlax is the only one with an oran berry. His lillipup has a Cell battery and Minccino has no items. So buy potions.
>>
File: 1482731498604.jpg (44KB, 595x325px) Image search: [Google]
1482731498604.jpg
44KB, 595x325px
>barry starly survive with 1hp
>uses endeavor
>shit that was close next turn i-
>quick attack
>next pokemon
>uses endeavor again
>i miss my attack
>"alright i'm not falling for the same trick two times i'm switching"
>uses pursuit

i'm so fucking maaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAD
>>
>>32980898
>cell battery

okay, thanks for the heads up given I was planning to use electroweb as my main attack
I'm hedging my bets on dustox, it's got good enough defensive stats to live through the first few attacks and if they decide to star working up he's got iron defense
I'm also pretty damn happy you can get HA's regularly on several 'mons, my starter having shell armor is a friggin' godsend in a nuzlocke
>>
>>32980924
Shell Armor Oshawott will be clutch throughout your nuzlocke that's for sure. Good Luck vs Cheren.
>>
>>32980914
Don't you have potions? Or are you doing a no items run?
>>
>>32980959
i can use items but i cant buy them. so i have like three potions and im saving them for E4
>>
File: Capture.jpg (141KB, 958x578px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
141KB, 958x578px
Yay, won the league challenge.
Rocca the Aerodactyl didn't make it, ate a Hydropump from Gary's Gyarados.
Roy the Vaporeon and Solaire the Arcanine co-MVP of the game, bless them. Most of my team members were frankly disappointing this run, yet these two made the game winnable basically on their own.
>>
>>32981248
Good job. Why was your team mostly dissapointing? Bad movesets?
>>
>>32981248
Sorry, you're not tripfagging so I can't go back and look it up, which two were from the previous game and which game were they from?
>>
>>32981306
>Why was your team mostly dissapointing? Bad movesets?
Bad movesets indeed. I was forced to use razorleaf and then frenzy plant on Venusaur for the whole game. I tried earthquake, but the damage was pitiful. Also Venomoth's only useful move was Psychic, which routinely failed to ohko same level weak pokemon.
Really the issue was the lack of phys/spec split, it really hurts a lot of mons.
On the other hand, Arcanine with bite/flamethrower/aerial ace/extremespeed and a modest nature was a a goddamn bulldozer, not to mention bulky as fuck. And Vaporeon was basically the same with bite/surf/ice beam/acid armor.
It's pretty rare for me not to have my starter be the main pokemon, but in this run Venusaur came a whopping third, and with a whole two sets of first-second places: Pidgeotto-Dugtrio from Viridian to Lavender, Arcanine-Vaporeon from Celadon to Indigo.

>>32981308
I never ever namefag anon, you must be mistaking me for some heirlocker. Mine was a straight FR nuzlocke run.
>>
File: Sun locke.png (254KB, 704x1432px) Image search: [Google]
Sun locke.png
254KB, 704x1432px
So after Lusamine ended two of my first catches, including my starter, their replacements are finally ready for it.

Fauna the Lurantis and Murdoc the Mudsdale. Herdier's ability was Sand rush so he was useless.

Also picked up the Psychicium Z, since they're basically the badges in these games.
>>
>>32981376
Damn, that sounds horrible on the Venusaur part. Venomoth really doesn't pack much of a punch either. But that does sound like a monster Arcanine.
>>
File: fireredteam.png (849KB, 1136x652px) Image search: [Google]
fireredteam.png
849KB, 1136x652px
Playing a fire red random nuzlocke. Had to restart from last night after I got wrecked by a gound/fire mon in Viridian forest. ruined my whole team.

This is the new team and its doing wonderfully well.
>>
Got tired of grinding, wiped to lorelei. If I hadn't lost 2 of my best mons to a double crit from giovanni, I probably would have won. I'm just gonna reset, see ya in a few, /vp/.
>>
>>32981435
Jesus Christ, almost wiped on a Trainer's Toxapex.

Highlights include;
>Crit acid Downpour on Pelipper leaving her with 2 hp.
Thank god I stockpiled.
>Hitting literally every liquidation on a Minimized Muk.
>Only option was Lurantis whose Leaf Blade didn't kill it, but left it in red.
>Survived because Toxapex full para'd.

So fucking lucky. And it's retarded that the level cap goes from 41 on Aether Paradise to 45 when encountering the first trainer.
>>
dang barry surprised me, fight outta nowhere in canavale

good thing his team sucks
>>
File: Plat_rando_7.png (315KB, 1434x672px) Image search: [Google]
Plat_rando_7.png
315KB, 1434x672px
Update: Beat Byron and cleared the Iron Island. Still no Fire Stone AAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1497874353657.jpg (22KB, 424x463px) Image search: [Google]
1497874353657.jpg
22KB, 424x463px
>>32982136
>the fourth time i've fucked up the update
>>
File: heirlocke1.png (64KB, 1178x472px) Image search: [Google]
heirlocke1.png
64KB, 1178x472px
hey /nzg/! I'm gonna stream my randomized Blue Heirlocke again today if anyone wants to join in! It was a lot of fun last time.
https://picarto.tv/fooliofailure
>>
>lost blissey to a stupid random azumarill from a trainer in roark's gym because it hit 3 straight iron tail crits

i can't believe this shit, i miss most of the time using iron tail. he got three straight hits back to back. and the three were critical.

i feel so empty. blissey was the one who kept us together. almost reseted the game and even now, i'm still wondering.
>>
>>32982359
I'm sorry. R.I.P Blissey.
>>
File: still haven't beat elesa.png (108KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
still haven't beat elesa.png
108KB, 960x720px
Decided to use a template today, I like this one more than the last and also spent two hours on it please like it
I'm probably going to beat Elesa later today but I have some IRL stuff to take care of first
>>
File: Sun locke.png (255KB, 704x1432px) Image search: [Google]
Sun locke.png
255KB, 704x1432px
Hapu was a joke. Only Flygon was troubling

Started of with Fauna. Scope Lense/Leaf blade is a god an bye bye goes Dugtrio.

Flygon was trickier, first I try Wanda. Water Pulse didn't do jack and one dragon breath and she's on half. Misder then, his Sp. Def is the highest, barring Garbo, so after a few shadowballin' it went down.

Then her ace; Mudsdale. Decided to throw in Wanda again and hit protect to scout out what move it has.
>Mudsdale used Double kick.
Get this, apparently Hapu's ace hasn't got anything for a Pelipper. Two waterpulses and it's dead.

Fauna finished Hapu off by killing her Gastrodon with Solar Blade.
>>
>>32980726
So I just challenged the first gym and let me say HOLY SHIT
Blazeblack 2 challenge mode does NOT fuck around, 6 pokemon on the first gym, good coverage on most of them
thankfully I lost nothing because dustox with 3 iron defenses behind him is sturdy as fuck but without him that'd have been a massacre

and I'm supposed to only get 1 more capture before the next gym which I don't think dustox can clutch me through as easily
>>
File: NuzlockeRun.png (10KB, 378x349px) Image search: [Google]
NuzlockeRun.png
10KB, 378x349px
Wish me luck, bros.
>>
>>32983496
Good luck senpai.

But picking Squirtle of Bulbasaur makes your lack of taste visible
>>
>>32983510
I actually just chose a starter based on my ID number.

That being said, Squirtle is a bro! When I was a kid, he was my first Pokeyman.
I'm pretty much happy with all the starters in all the Pokemon games, they are all kind of cool.
>>
Is it just me or did 90% of the board get nuked?
>>
What method does everyone use for naming their Pokemon?

I can't thing of names for these little bastards.
>>
>>32983640
combination between puns and characters from fictional works I enjoy
>>
File: 1474291321522.png (263KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
1474291321522.png
263KB, 1000x562px
>>32983625
How come this was one of the only thread that wasn't nuked?
>>
>>32983640
Puns, their weeb nippon names & jokes.
I named a Nidorino Princess for example.
>>
>>32983678
because someone posted in it the exact second the spammer set of his spambot

so, sheer luck
>>
>>32983640
Whatever I feel like at the moment. Mostly puns and references tho.
I also very often recycle names. Like all my Growlithes are called Solaires because that's what the first one I caught in a nuzlocke was called. All male Eevees are Roy all the way back to my first silver run like 15 years ago. All my Torchics are Hen Pearce, etc.

>>32983678
I actually saw 4 not nuked threads.
>>
>>32983625
>/Nuzgen/ still survives

Thank Heavens
>>
>>32983640
whatever i feel at the moment

usually just anagrams with the pokemon name
>>
>>32983736
If my Eevee's a boy, I'm going to name it Roy.

I named my fuckin' starter "Devin"...
>>
>>32983640
Random names for 90% of them, puns for 8%, and personal pet names for the few that I have.
>>
File: WeDidIt.png (318KB, 859x553px) Image search: [Google]
WeDidIt.png
318KB, 859x553px
Managed to beat Cynthia, woah that was one hell of a ride.
Staraptor sadly and ironically perished to a brave bird crit during the E4.
Steelix and Meganium were the dream team that took down Cynthia's Garchomp. Her Garchomp of lvl 62 got randomized to Garchomp, go figure.
Team started at lvl 52 all around so it was an uphill battle.
>>
>>32983237
Two actually, there is a gift starter in Virbank or you could fish some Finneon there since you obtain rod on Route 20.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (70KB, 507x716px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
70KB, 507x716px
Started a new run, Black 2 challenge mode.
I'm at the battle company and the first one bites the dust. I shall never see what exactly does pidove evolve into. They all die before lv20.
>>
>>32984188
wait you get the rod early?
well that's different I guess
it does make me somewhat regret picking oshawott as I'll end up with dual water types
>>
File: NuzlockeRun.png (13KB, 666x349px) Image search: [Google]
NuzlockeRun.png
13KB, 666x349px
>>32984178
>>32981248
These successful runs are inspiring me, man...

I've gotten kind of lucky with my team, so far. Certainly a rowdy bunch of asshole pokemon, here.
>>
>>32983174
>Misder evolved
You are on the right track anon
>>
File: IMG_2122.png (379KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2122.png
379KB, 750x1334px
>tf lost starter to Wattson

I'm a terrible trainer, I should have known Voltorb would Self Destruct.
>>
>>32984588
warned you about combusken going down dog

my combusken always dies to wattson as well
>>
>>32984588
Press F to pay respects...

What're you gonna put in his slot? WE MUST AVENGE HIM!
>>
>>32984588
Bro I remember other anons warned you

Well deserved kek
>>
>>32984623
All I have is an Bold Illmuse, Adamant Minun and a Timid Lv 3 Poochyena that I deposited.
>>
File: fireredteam2.png (883KB, 1136x652px) Image search: [Google]
fireredteam2.png
883KB, 1136x652px
>>32981515
Update to here.

Took down Misty and her Flying Venusaur (yay random) but not without casualty. Lost an electric skitty to a rather damaging body slam.

Had to drop out Sandabura since his attack stat wasn't raising. lv18 and still 11 SpAtk. Banked Silveruar in favor of Ashmite, since I already had a ghost mon. And picked up Gothingale on route 5. Onwards, to the S.S.Anne
>>
File: thank you rng.jpg (2MB, 1200x2640px) Image search: [Google]
thank you rng.jpg
2MB, 1200x2640px
I posted my Emerald Nuzlocke team a few threads ago and it was advised that I grind it out a bit more. Whoever told me that, thank you, because you probably saved my life. The jump in level from the E4 to Wallace was incredibly scary and I lost a good pokemon (Magneton), but I'm happy to say our team made it out alive.

Notable brickshiting moments include Phoebe getting back to back crits and almost dropping my Magneton early, my Gardevoir getting para'd by Walrein and almost wrecked by Body Slam, and Flygon outspeeding my Milotic and nearly killing it.

Thank God for Calm Mind, because Calm Mind + Thunderbolt wrecked Glacia and Wallace once I had gotten a couple off. This game was fantastic with some fun opponents but holy cow, this felt like a way more brutal endgame than Leaf Green.
>>
>>32985032
leafgreen is easy mode, emerald is just a tad more difficult
you're gonna cry for yer mum if you try platinum
>>
>>32985079
I've beaten Platinum twice, VS Seeker made grinding a ton easier.
>>
>>32985032
This sounds brutal. Can't wait to get around to that game!

How was your Leaf Green run?
>>
>>32985079
As the anon that posted his victory over Platinum a few posts above this I can agree.
Fuck Platinum Nuzlocke, why are the trainers so fucking smart.
>>
File: The Losers Club.png (2MB, 1204x792px) Image search: [Google]
The Losers Club.png
2MB, 1204x792px
>>32985097
Leaf Green was pretty smooth, since I had a pretty solid team (Venusaur, Aerodactyl, Nidoqueen, Cloyster, Ninetales, Magneton), and I felt like the enemy trainers had teams that were really vulnerable to certain things, like Magneton. Magneton just seems amazing every gen. Not really sure what I'd like to Nuzlocke next. I'm considering SS but I could just wait for the VC release of G/S, too.

Might as well post my Emerald team again too (and I get to show off best boy Milotic).
>>
>>32985158
>Magneton
I always have a Magneton when I'm playing through that games normally. He's just TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL.

I'm doing a challenge where I'm playing through all of the Pokemon games, transferring any of the survivors to the next game. I only have one rule outside of a standard nuzlocke run, No pokemon on your team may enter a battle with a Gym leader being higher level than their lowest level Pokemon.

So, when facing brock, your highest level Pokemon can only be level 12. This doesn't count for Elite Four, but it still makes Gym leaders more of a challenge. This is my first nuzlocke though, so I'm sure I'm in for a nasty surprise later on.
>>
>>32985234
That's pretty hardcore, I just use Set mode. Good luck on your run. Hope you get some cool stuff, there's little in the way of good stuff before the 2nd gym imo.
>>
File: i drew this for two dollars.png (420KB, 1318x739px) Image search: [Google]
i drew this for two dollars.png
420KB, 1318x739px
>>32982196
Alright, had to go offline for a bit, but I'm back on! Come on in when you're ready!

Image not related
>>
File: 012 DIAMOND__4923.png (10KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
012 DIAMOND__4923.png
10KB, 256x384px
Fuck candice and her force palm hack that made my pokemon paralyzed every time (and lose every turn).

why does she even have a fucking medicham to begin with
>>
>>32985923
>why does she even have a fucking medicham to begin with
Specifically to fuck you over, m8
>>
>golem survived a toxicroack brick break with 2 hp and killed it with a crit earthquake right after

MY FUCKING HEART SKIPPED ALL BEATS

THANK YOU BASED GOLEM
>>
File: Chessway Documentation 3.0.png (221KB, 1355x2805px) Image search: [Google]
Chessway Documentation 3.0.png
221KB, 1355x2805px
Hey, anons, chessfag here. I've been revising my "Chessway Challenge" ruleset based on feedback I received in previous threads and I was wondering what you think of the current form. Here are the changes:
* Players are no longer permitted to "skip" catching a pokemon in a given area and then return to it later. This lenience had been allowed because the chess piece role system was more complex and restrictive in the previous version.
* Legendaries are now expessly forbidden, even as Queen.
* To simplify the role system, pseudolegendaries and "starters" acquired later in the game can now fill any role they otherwise qualify for.
* The qualifications for Bishops, Knights, and Rooks are no longer based on the EVs the pokemon gives to avoid players needing to look stuff up. Now they're based on three intuitive type divisions, a "mystical and energy" division for Bishops because they're clergy, an "animal" division for Knights because its piece resembles a horse, and a "material" division for Rooks since its piece resembles a castle.
* Knights can no longer use Z-moves, only the Queen can.
* Since the qualifications for the various pieces are no longer as complicated or as likely to remain empty, partial pawn promotion has been removed.
* Full pawn promotion is no longer optional, to force players to either make difficult strategic decisions or keep their pawns weak.
* Pokemon are now required to be healed in order of the rank of their chess piece to reinforce the hierarchy of the ranks and increase the difficulty.
* Pawns can no longer equip items since they're supposed to be posessionless serfs and disposable cannon fodder.

The general philosophy behind these changes was to reduce hassle for the player while increasing difficulty. Is this becoming a viable style of challenge run?
>>
Fuck Route 4.

So many cool things I could have gotten there. Flabébé's the most common, and I get it most Lockes. Ralts is always a fun one, especially if it's Male, because then you get to evolve it into whichever one its nature best supports. Skitty's not great, but can be a huge help with the early game as an annoyer. Female Combee is basically the gold mine of the route, leading to an awesome Vespiquen down the line.

I wanted anything, literally anything, that wasn't a Male Combee or a Ledyba.
>>
>>32986672
forgot pic.

I'd better get either a Pancham or a Honedge to make up for this shit.
>>
About to start my Challenge Mode White 2 Nuzlocke, though I don't know if I want to draw my own template or use a pre-made one.
>>
>>32986788
Good luck anon-kun. If you don't pick your starter at random, might I recommend Tepig? Of the three, it's easily the one that keeps its usefulness the best through the Elite 4.

And just use a premade template. Focus your energy on the run.
>>
>>32984805
I'd recommend the Illusmise. It's surprisingly not horrible for nuzlockes.
>>
File: first battle!.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
first battle!.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32986805
Went ahead and made myself a template. Kinda shitty, but made with care. I did follow your Tepig advice though.

Here we go, challenge mode!
>>
File: first battle!.jpg (2MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
first battle!.jpg
2MB, 1632x1224px
>>32987476
>upside down
thank you Apple.
Let's try this again.
>>
File: NuzlockeRun.png (17KB, 687x435px) Image search: [Google]
NuzlockeRun.png
17KB, 687x435px
Aww man! Had my first casualty.

I was doing pretty well, but I got REKT by one of the guys towards the end of Mt Moon. I don't imagine Qwain The Beedrill would survive until end game, but I thought she'd last a little longer than that. She got confused, and Crit in the same round... I believe this will be the first of many deaths.

>>32987476
your template is sugoi af senpai. I'd keep it upside-down if I were you!
>>
File: Vgj7heQ.jpg (691KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
Vgj7heQ.jpg
691KB, 3024x4032px
>Training Tyrouge
>Level 19
>Wild Noctowl appears
>Run away
>Can't run away
>Peck
>Crit
>3 HP
>Run away
>Can't run away
>Growl
>>
File: MamaMia.jpg (44KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
MamaMia.jpg
44KB, 750x573px
>>32987535
W-what happened next?
>>
Hey, /vp/.
I'm incredibly bored and looking for a good story to occupy my time with. I'm asking here because I've mainly been spending my time searching Nuzlockes for good stories, except all I end up finding is farcical comedies and Manic. Please help.
>>
>>32987564
Start up a Nuzlocke, man. It's kept me occupied all afternoon.

Write down a long greentext of all the shit of interest that happens.
>>
>>32987587
I have. And I've gotten bored.
Besides, I'm realizing that all I ever do is play the same few video games, watch the same few Youtube videos. I need somebody to come to my house and beat me up until I finally start on something new.
>>
>>32987618
Are you me?
>>
God i hate grindin. Should have tried firered again.
But 25 for Bugsy on Scared Gold is good right?
>>
File: 20170710_001121.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170710_001121.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I never said I was good at drawing, but

why does it get worse as it goes on though
>>
File: Nuzlocke run.png (223KB, 871x952px) Image search: [Google]
Nuzlocke run.png
223KB, 871x952px
Updating for best girl
Im hoping Twintelle will be enough to beat Morty with Shadow claw / Immunity to ghost
I also fucked up and got an encounter before I could reach the guy that gives me tyrogue
>>
>>32988115
>This template
Very appealing, I like it very much
>>
I asked last thread but it died shortly after, which is harder; BSPlat Intense or Sacred Gold?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170710-005036.jpg (630KB, 1072x719px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170710-005036.jpg
630KB, 1072x719px
A Haunter Mean Looked my mons in a double battle
>>
>>32988315
How tight was your asshole?
>>
>>32988324
Their Slakoth Encore-ing me into Sing levels of tight.

Their Haunter being Infatuated 3 turns in a row levels of luck.
>>
File: I just I dont even.gif (1001KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
I just I dont even.gif
1001KB, 200x200px
>>32988344
>New area has a wide variety of mons, and is one of the few areas early on to get an essential type you might need for later
>It's a fuckin' Rattata
>>
File: 1498697776537.jpg (108KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
1498697776537.jpg
108KB, 500x497px
>>32988228
Please respond.
>>
>>32988465
Do a run of each and find out.
>>
beat elesa w/o casualty
apparently muddy water ohkos emolga
>>
>>32988479
I'm planning to do a run of both, but I wanna start with the easiest, then do the other, then do VW2 CM.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170710-012641.jpg (648KB, 1078x726px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170710-012641.jpg
648KB, 1078x726px
>forgetting SonicBoom exists

I deserve this.
>>
>>32988509
Man, you're getting hit from all sides. Gotta stay on you toes! I can't criticize you, I just lost two of my team by not using items. I literally stopped before the battle and thought "should I go back to the Poke center or at least use items?" Decided against it and got fuckin' destroyed by a Youngster...

This is my first Nuzlocke, and I'm quickly finding out just how much harder than a normal run they are...
>>
>>32988509
How is the Heirlocke working out, would you say? I imagine it'd have a very similar feel to a Wedlocke, just because of the whole "stuck with what you get first" thing.

Also, and I don't wish ill on your team, but it's about time that someone that's not in the Bambi line passed on their heritage.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170710-015054.jpg (580KB, 1070x708px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170710-015054.jpg
580KB, 1070x708px
>>32988568
I don't usually lose Pokemon this early. I usually only lose 1 before Norman, and then 1 at Norman and Wionna, 2-4 to T&L, and then 1 or 2 to Wallace.

Meet Mimsy II though!

I do feel like I've had it very easy though. Spheal, Crocanaw, and Hitmonchan are beasts. Gardevoir and Nidoking would have too.

Bambi II met an ill fate when I got drunk and remembered that I was angry at it.
>>
File: 1463874810797.png (47KB, 632x852px) Image search: [Google]
1463874810797.png
47KB, 632x852px
Man, this Sun nuzlocke is brutal. After having my entire team slaughtered by Totem Lurantis (which Ice Fang Gyarados singlehandedly avenged), I just lost my very first capture of the run, Cake the Gentle Raichu, to a Fisherman's Gyarados in the Akala Outskirts. A Thunder Shock failed to OHKO it and it ended Cake's run. At least now I have reason to use that Eevee I've been saving since Route 4. Caught some new guys. Time to take on Olivia

Team:
Bubba the Naughty Araquanid Lv.30
Sevir the Timid Shelgon Lv.30
Gyudi the Brave Tsareena Lv.30
Miles the Naive Dugtrio Lv.30
Muti the Bold Jolteon Lv.30
Charlotte the Quirky Herdier Lv.29

Box:
Ajax the Naive Boldore Lv.30
Aura the Adamant Gyarados Lv.30
Blurb the Lonely Finneon Lv.28
Mali the Jolly Wishiwashi Lv.30
Exoda the Brave Golisopod Lv.30
Hardee the Jolly Luvdisc Lv.22
Boo the Serious Haunter Lv.30
Ferra the Naive Nosepass Lv.23
Miri the Brave Cranidos Lv.27

Grave:
Caw the Lax Wingull Lv.14
Jiit the Gentle Spearow Lv.15
Zepplin the Naive Drifloon Lv.16
Luftwaif the Impish Cottonee Lv.16
Mason the Mild Diglett Lv.24
Creed the Timid Crabrawler Lv.24
Luna the Calm Brionne Lv.26
Don the Docile Gumshoos Lv.20
Mig the Hardy Magnemite Lv.26
Valkyrie the Careful Trumbeak Lv.26
Marley the Bashful Mudbray Lv.26
Mars the Bold Cubone Lv.24
Cake the Gentle Raichu Lv.29
>>
>>32986672

This is THE problem with running Kalos. In half the routes, you can get something amazing, or something worthless.

Kind of happens in BW2's early parts as well. Everything good is in Floccesy Ranch but you can still get Patrat, or how Virbank Complex can also troll you with one or a Pidove. But Pidove is at least not bad at all in my opinion.
>>
File: NuzlockeRun.png (18KB, 744x410px) Image search: [Google]
NuzlockeRun.png
18KB, 744x410px
My last update before going to bed. How do y'all think I'm doin'? I've already lost three mons, but I just beat Misty and headed to Vermillion to catch Drowzee.

I think I'm gonna catch a Diglett before I face Surge.
>>
>>32988880
Well that went well. Tsareena tanked that Z-Move like a champ, what a bulky babe. I used Hips: The Mon against Hips: The Captain with no troubles. Time now to take on all the Trial Captains again and pray their Z-moves don't kill me.

>>32989010
Doing just fine, friend. Beedrill is too brittle to last long anyway, Zubat isn't worth much since it can't become Crobat until postgame, and Raticate a shit. You have a bretty gud team, add that Diglett and I'd be surprised if you have much trouble.
>>
>>32989010

Looking pretty good, and surprisingly balanced for early Kanto. Grind enough for Surge and he should be easy, though Diglett is super frail.
>>
File: Y Nuzlocke Part 3, Building Up.png (402KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Y Nuzlocke Part 3, Building Up.png
402KB, 1280x720px
Down I go for the night. I have some grinding to do, now that I've got a real team going at last. i think level 20 should be fine before making my way through Route 8. That gives me a 5 level buffer on everyone to beat Route 8, Team Flare, and the gym trainers.

Pleasantly surprised that I haven't lost anyone yet. I'm doing much better than I usually do in Y Nuzlockes.
>>
>>32988115
>Updating for best girl
FUCK YOU
>>
Shit it took a while to make this template, with little to no experience in photoshop. But I think it turned out good.
So I'm going to try Volt White 2, I hope I don't choke.
>>
>>32988228
BS Plat is harder
>>
I'm gonna do my sixith try at a Nova Sun Nuzlocke soon, should i post about it here?
>>
>>32990037
Sure, why not.
>>
File: 1352163188257.jpg (49KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
1352163188257.jpg
49KB, 500x508px
FUCK
FORGOT GOLBAT COULD LEARN GIGA DRAIN
RIP GOLEM

also this whole stretch mt. coronet - jupiter/mars - cyrus is fucking bonkers, playing this blind fucked me over

now im afraid to face dialga what type is this shit? save menu says its "spear pillar" so im just tempted to throw a master ball and stash this crap on the pc forever
>>
>>32990185
If I recall you can run from Dialga if things go south, it's only from Gen 5 and onward that you have to battle/catch the legendary.
>>
>>32990221
things went south the first hit, dragon claw almost killed my sneasel, threw the master ball on this shit asap

steel/dragon with my team all battered up? fuck this shit

it's a new area so i technically could use it but screw legendaries
>>
>>32990255
That does sound like a bad situation to be in, well atleast you survived. Don't forget to eventually grind for Cynthia.
>>
>>32990324
i dont even know what cynthia have besides a garchomp

without spoiling me on the teams which levels should i be aiming to grind for E4?
>>
>>32990355
The E4 is between lvl 52 - 58. But Cynthia's Garchomp is lvl 62 and two of her pokemon are 60. I'd say if you enter around lvl 52 - 55 you'd have a shot without being overleveled. Otherwise go for 55 - 58
>>
>Platinum Randomizer
>7 Badges
>Volkner's highest is level 50
>My highest is a level 45 Vulpix that hasn't evolved because no firestones

Grinding is boring.
>>
>>32990484
Grinding is indeed boring, however it didn't take too long to grind for Volkner when I did it yesterday.
>>
File: Nova Sun 1.jpg (105KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Nova Sun 1.jpg
105KB, 1552x1015px
>>32990164
Well let's fucking go then, hope i'll made it this time, I know all of melemele by heart now

Picked popplio because no ice types early and i need a Fairy to beat Hau's Salamence
+ Work up and Aqua Jet sweep trial captains
>>
I FUCKING DID IT BOYS. After 6 painful attempts I finally beat Blaze Black 2.
We came back from a Victory Road man team wipe and fucking did it with a team scraped up from the bottom of the box.
Modest Honchkrow
Adamant Gothitelle
Wailord
Amoongus
Snorlax
And a shiny Gigalith to top it all off.

It was a tough run and we lost nearly everyone, but we fucking did it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170710-021311.png (207KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170710-021311.png
207KB, 1280x720px
>>32990685
Of course we forgot the picture.
>>
>>32990685
You didn't play with the black out = game over rule?

Nice job tho, I know the pain of hard rom hacks
>>
>>32990693
Whoops, supposed to be a 5 in that victory road wipe.
Amoongus has lived through 4 god damn wipes like the fucking trooper he is.
>>
>>32990685
That sounds like a beautiful adventure. Sounds really clutch.
>>
>>32990708
Good job then !!!
I lost six times at Nova Sun too, so I hope it's the lucky number and you'll bring me luck
>>
File: o0t81d[1].jpg (27KB, 377x512px) Image search: [Google]
o0t81d[1].jpg
27KB, 377x512px
>see rustling grass while grinding
>wild Audino appears!
>fuck yeah, lotsa experience
>Audino knocked out, lv. up!
Mfw I realize it was the first encounter in the route.
>>
>>32990735
You played yourself.
>>
>>32990735
audinos are only good as xp whores anyway
>>
> Going through Sun's early cutscenes for the eighth times
>>
>>32988880
How did you get a Shelgon in a nuzlocke? Isn't it SOS only?
>>
> Want to train Pokemon up to lvl 7 on first Route.
> Kricketot, oh easy bad moves.
> Bug Bites Purloin to dead.
>>
File: Sun locke.png (260KB, 704x1213px) Image search: [Google]
Sun locke.png
260KB, 704x1213px
Fuck Totem Kommo-o, protect spamming asshole. Misder died thanks to it's shenanigans. I'm mad as fuck.

Mimsy the Mimikyu will fill the spot, but she'll never replace my unexpected ace. Misder will leave a void until the end of my run for sure.

>>32990801
Oh god. I really hope Ultra Sun learned it's lesson and gives a fucking SKIP option.
>>
Alright boys, just finished nuzlocking Clover and Volt White and wanna do something a little less hectic and nerve-wracking. Any suggestions?
>>
>>32990901
Pokemon XY, easy to nuzlocke.
>>
>>32990903
3ds is currently on lone to a friend so he can play the new fire emblem. What else you got for me.
>>
>>32990907
Fire Red, always nice.
>>
>>32990837
>what is wild bagon
>>
>>32990907
HGSS, low levels so no real grinding. Just watch out for Whitney.
>>
>>32990929
>HGSS
>no grinding

u 'avin a giggle m8
>>
anyone ever nuzlocked that hack that forces emerald and firered to be all double battles?
>>
>>32990972
Never heard of it.
>>
>>32990972
Link?
>>
>>32991000
somewhere on the nuzlocke forums

some dude had a link to a "hackeria" in his signature and it had both links

cant remember his name for shit though but its probably still there
>>
>>32990985
>>32991000
>>32991049
nvm i found it

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/9137096/1/
>>
>>32990756
Audino with workup destroys the early game in BW/2 though
>>
File: Nova Sun 2.jpg (147KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Nova Sun 2.jpg
147KB, 1552x1015px
Just before the Trainer School, the cutscenes were hell as always so i'm going to stop here for the day
Got a critical capture or Voltorb at his fouth Rollout, i was THAT close from an early death
>>
>>32991139
Oh i forgot the natures in the layout, i'll put them next time
>>
Holy shit, Nature Power Lotad at the early farm in BB2 VW2. Nature Power turned into earthquake.
>>
Anyone else having trouble playing the games the normal way after nuzlocking a bit?
>>
>>32991314
>after nuzlocking
I got too bored to play normally BEFORE nuzlocking. That's why I took on the challenge in the first place.
>>
>>32991314
yes, it's why I will never get to the end of Clover. I've seen spoilers and know how brutal the e4 is though so it may be possible non-blind
>>
anyone here still stream? i remember a couple years ago there were quite a few but its been ages since i saw someone stream
>>
EVERY
FUCKING
TRIPLE BATTLE

EVEN WHEN I HAVE A VOLCARONA, A JELLICENT AND A SAWSBUCK OUT AND TWO SHOT TWO OF HIS POKEMON HE STILL KILLS MY SAWSBUCK WITH THAT GLIGAR'S ACROBATICS
>>
>>32991314

After Nuzlocking White, I didn't do another Nuzlocke again for a few months, and played X normally as it was when the game had just come out. But somewhere, in the back of my mind, there had been this itch. This itch to do more Nuzlockes. So I did Platinum, and I was on Switch mode like a scrub and it was still brutal, but I won. Now I can't stop Nuzlocking, new rules, new variations, and half the time, just to see what I'll encounter and what I'll bring to the Hall of Fame. I can't go back now.
>>
>>32991697
>>32991314

Currently playing Pearl the normal way because it's my gf favorite game and she doesn't want me to nuzlocke it for a first run, this is so easy i'm a bit bored
Nuzlockes are hell of a drug
>>
>>32989852
Just caught my encounters in Virbank City.
Lost the first try at the nuzlocke early game, this game is brutal in movepools holy shit.
>>
>>32991634
I'm streaming
livestream.com/thattimeistreamed
>>
File: 1498242520255.jpg (13KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
1498242520255.jpg
13KB, 200x146px
>>32991999
madman
>>
>>32991999
you are fake news
>>
File: 1480748140783.png (54KB, 155x154px) Image search: [Google]
1480748140783.png
54KB, 155x154px
>>32992030
>>32992094
Go away sameboy
>>
File: 1492964339735.png (153KB, 246x369px) Image search: [Google]
1492964339735.png
153KB, 246x369px
>>32992180
Again the slander from the FAKE NEWS
>>
File: 1488484689639.jpg (98KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
1488484689639.jpg
98KB, 500x627px
>>32992188
I wanna fucking kill ningen
>>
>Watson is now a Dragon type gym

O
>>
File: Screenshot_20170710-140622.jpg (645KB, 1078x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170710-140622.jpg
645KB, 1078x720px
I know this is dumb, but if you get the trainer on the right to step forward, the trainer in the middle can't complete her walk path and runs in place, thought it was funny
>>
>>32992325
how did it go?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170710-142013.jpg (622KB, 1073x707px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170710-142013.jpg
622KB, 1073x707px
>Come in fully prepared to lose a Pokemon because the other trainers in the gym spammed T Wave, Wrap, and Bite
>Decide it will be Scydd I, ready to accept the loss
>Use Ice Ball
>OHKO Dratini
>OHKO Bagon
>Barely not finish Dragonair, it uses Twister, brings Scydd I to yellow
>Ice Ball hits for the fourth time for lethal
>Watson sends out Shelgon
>Bite, outsped, Scydd I is down
>Sucks, wasn't expecting that, but understandable
>Send out Mimsy II, poison him
>Swap to Bambi III, OHKO on swap in
>shit bricks
>Send out Sultan I to kill with Cross Chop to avoid letting him heal
>Miss, Bite brings him down but still in green
>Second miss, Bite crits, Sultan I goes down
>fuckfuckfuck.jpg
>Send out Koda, Headbutt for 3 turns while Shelgon slams Focus Energy

I DESERVE THIS 2.0
>>
>be me
>start a fire red nuzlocke, no items in battle
>team is a charmander, pigey, and pikachu
>decide to grind charmander to 16 for dat sweet stat boost + metal claw to take on brock
>think im overleveled
>goedude dies like a chump, alright here comes onyx
>rock tomb does a third of char's healh as his opening move
>uh oh
>proceeds to use bind like a retard
>think i'm in the clear
>nope
>rock tomb again
>ohgodohgodohgodpleaseno
>3hp
>kill onyx same turn thankfully because bind would have killed char at the end of the turn

This is the kind of heart pumping action i like in nuzlocke's

Also as a side note, has anyone played with rules along the lines of giving up x number of pokemon to get a certain mon they want? I kind of bargained with myself and released three mons in exchange for letting myself have pikachu but the stipulation is all of the mons have to be of equal or higher level
>>
>>32992532
When will you LEARNED?!?!

I'm still cheerin' for you though, baka-senpai.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (115KB, 506x667px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
115KB, 506x667px
Just started a sacred gold run, I'm about to take on Sprout Tower.
These are my catches, only bungled two yet.
That Exeggcute is gonna be my replacement for Chikorita if the worst happens, the rest of the box is meh.
>>
>>32992553
I'm doin' a FireRed run at the moment too. It's my first Nuzlocke. I've only lost three Pokemon so far, but every route has had at least one MAJOR close call.

Going after specific Pokemon feels counter-intuitive to me, but you get to define what your run means to you, right?
>>
>>32992532
What game? And ouch, that bites.
>>32992553
I'd call shenanigans cause it's supposed to be first encounter (or, first new encounter if you run the Dupes clause) but we can't exactly tell you how to play your game. Just feels against the spirit to find backhanded ways to get your favorites.
>>
File: team2.jpg (47KB, 515x280px) Image search: [Google]
team2.jpg
47KB, 515x280px
BlazeBlack 2, challenge mode
current team

do I actually stand a chance against the second gym? after what cheren threw my way I'm honestly terrified
>>
>>32990801
>>32990888
It wont, same shit's in X and Y. I don't know what the fuck the devs were thinking by making you sit through like 30min-1hr of cutscenes in like the first 2-3 hours of the game, it's just fucking boring.
>>
>>32992608
>>32992631
I've at most only done it for 1 mon per run just cause i feel like using it. Usually ends up dying anyway though.
>>
Anyone else have a really hard time continuing a run if their ace dies? I find that my ace is usually the one i care for the most and if they go down then all my enthusiasm for the run just kind of dies.
>>
>>32992728
Nah, when my Starter dies I sometimes get like that but I've had monster wipes that lead to some really unlikely heroes stepping up to the plate. Hell, Plusle is my bro for life cause he saved a run of Emerald for me singlehandedly.

Thank you, Mr. Positive.
>>
>realizing you have 3 mons to replace
I've run out of time to play today, I'll get to see who I get next time...

Bambi line is cursed
>>
>>32992751
I've had an emerald nuzlocke where I finished the E4 with nothing other than a plusle and a ninjask (I had other pokemon, I simply never needed to use them because that combo was op as shit)
>>
>>32992772
No ninjask, but my teams were

Plusle vs Wattson

Plusle, Spinda and Swablu vs Flannery

Plusle and Altaria vs Norman

And I managed to pull it out. Plusle and Altaria made it all the way to the end
>>
>>32992913
how I did it was basically abuse the poor AI

start with plusle, substitute, if they use a non damaging move encore, baton pass to ninjask, swords dance 3 times, swipe

turns out, this works against everyone in the E4 and the champion
>>
>>32992961
>turns out intentionally cheesing the game works against ai

Wow, sounds like you had it hard
>>
>>32992608
>>32992631
I ended up releasing the pikachu because i felt dirty about it. Thank you for rectifying my ways friends.
>>
>>32993000
>using a semblance of strategy is "cheesing it"

I thought the idea of a nuzlocke was using lesser used pokemon, and encore/BP combo just happens to be one of the gimmicks few pokemon other than plusle can pull off
>>
>>32990837
10% chance in Kala'e Bay. I've had terrible luck with natures, but pretty damn good look with captures. 5% chance Pichu on Route 1, Crabrawler on first berry tree (not the one at Berry Master house, that never spawns a Crabrawler), 5% chance Eevee on Route 4, 10% chance Dewpider in Brooklet Hill. It's been a very fun run so far. I've never lost so many mons in an entire nuzlocke as I have in this one and I only just made it to Malie City.
>>
>>32992658
Yes, just don't fuck around. I usually lose two mons in Virbank.
>>
>>32993067
HAHA my luck continues! After getting a motherfucking shitty Ledian on Route 11 (I would have been happy with literally ANY other encounter on that Route), I get a 10% chance Skarmory on Route 10. Not that I'm dropping anyone from my team for it.
>>
>>32993043
>I only used two Pokemon to cheese with a single strategy rather than follow the core 'use what you're given' or 'form bonds with Pokemon'
>calling it a legitimate strategy to defend it

Yeah, sure. Just like how hacking in Rare Candies is a legitimate strategy because everyone has the option to.

Why don't you just play a regular game of Pokemon if Nuzlockes are too hard for you?
>>
>>32992961
That's actually a pretty good strategy, wouldn't have thunk to try it against the e4. I just went in with mons I caught in the latter half of the game and clawed my way to victory.

>>32993449
Well I'm sure he felt very connected to the Plusle and Ninjask. So what if he used a good tactic? If anything, it left him little room for error cause if the AI tanks a hit or Ninjask misses and gets OHKO it means his run is over.
>>
>>32993449
I actually had 6 pokemon, all same level (approximately) which I used throughout the entire game
I simply never anticipated that the plusle/ninjask strategy was actually a hardcounter to ALL of the E4, it didn't work against gym leaders
>>
oh my god wheres a decent place to grind for volkner in diamond

everything is so far away from healing, my mons are too weak to endure more than five fights on their own and everything is SO FUCKING SLOW i'm going crazy
>>
>>32993809
you can always not grind for volkner, his diamond team is pretty shit
>>
>>32993842
can i beat this pretty shitty with lvl40ish mons?
i thought so but a mr mime out of nowhere one hitted my gastrodon with energy ball
>>
About to start a randomizer Nuzlocke in Pokemon Zeta, what should I expect? Is it as hard as they say?
>>
>>32993857
how shit is shit?
>>
>>32993857
what's your current team
>>
>>32993928
pretty shit

>>32993932
one gastrodon one lumineon one infernape one sneasel one noctowl and one lvl20 hm slave bibarel

besides gastrodon you can see my team isn't very good against electricity and gastrodon is my lowest level poke

and no i dont have anything better on pc. i have a mantyne and a golduck
>>
>>32993857
>i thought so but a mr mime out of nowhere one hitted my gastrodon with energy ball
had that happen as well, was this weird platinum run where I only lost water types
went through 5 of them, eventually ended up with a mantine because it was the only water type around I could actually catch given species clause
>>
>>32993950
gastrodon around lv 40 or so takes out everything he has save for his octillery
>>
>>32993981
i have no grass or electric moves how do i take care of octillery

and thats no manner of speech i literally have no grass and electric moves on any of my pokes and no one in my team can learn any from the tms i have in hand
>>
>>32994004
no grass knot tm left?
hm... that's a bit of a problem
have you caught something in the sunyshore water yet? what about the route beyond it?
you can get a tentacool from either, and tentacruel has more than sufficient sp-def to survive at least one charge beam and octillery does have fairly little in the way of bulk
>>
>>32993950
I thought Mr mime ohko'd your gastrodon
>>
>>32994061
i don't use dupes clause. i had three. two ded.
>>
>>32994042
if you could get your hands on a tentacruel here's how I'd see the fight going
you lead with gastrodon against his raichu which can barely tickle it
after raichu goes down most likely octillery comes out to play for the SE, switch to infernape to tank the grass move, switch to tentacruel to tank the water move, use poison jab while he charge beams you (it should live, tentacruel has 120 sp-def), switch to gastrodon to tank the second charge beam, switch to infernape to tank the bullet seed, and then ko it with close combat (after taking the poison jab from tentacruel it should be in range)

after that it's easy cruising with gastrodon
>>
>>32994085
Damn. Just listen to
>>32994118
>>
File: Red Nuzlocke.png (19KB, 1308x127px) Image search: [Google]
Red Nuzlocke.png
19KB, 1308x127px
Just recently completed a nuzlocke of Blue version (VC). Pic related, it's my endgame team.
If you're wondering about Ditto, my endgame wasn't the champion but defeating Mewtwo. I lost Raticate in the E4 and my first encounter in Cerulean Cave was a Ditto who, funny enough, helped me beat Mewtwo.
>>
>>32994118
>>32994179
can't get a tentacruel unfortunately, it's retired. my route 223 encounter was mantyne

last of the gastrodons tanked octazooka and took half of octillery life with a body slam but then got the unlucky five hit bullet seed and now she ded with the rest of her family. noctowl hit the sleep and killed it and the rest was easy cruising as you said

man my gastrodons just cant keep their slimy butts alive
>>
>>32994118
oh and be sure to give tentacruel a sitrus berry, if that charge beam doesn't boost I could actually see him living through 2 of them
that said, it's still a bit of a risky strategy (if CC fails to ko, you lose infernape and he heals up the octillery with a potion) so I'd grind up everyone involved in the shuffle to at least lv 45
>>
>>32994212
have you tried going for a tentacruel INSIDE of sunyshore
part of the water is NOT route 223 and it DOES contain pokemon

also sucks getting the mantyke, that's a 10% encounter and you need a soddin' remoraid to evolve it (which if you want to go for it is a 35% encounter on the good rod in sunyshore, with the other being magikarps which means gyarados)
>>
Anybody want to stream?
I miss JLT
>>
>>32994258
i meant retired as "i cant capture one regardless" because i used a tentacool in a previous game.

good to know i can fish remoraid in sunnyshore tho, as soon as i get another pokeball i'm coming to sunnyshore since magikarps are also retired
>>
>>32994269
ah okay nevermind, misunderstood that

and yeh you can fish in certain cities so you could use that to fill up your pokedex

and maybe there's a few other places you've missed a capture like the various lakefronts
>>
File: 1365104432416.png (5KB, 258x248px) Image search: [Google]
1365104432416.png
5KB, 258x248px
fugg

misclicked and cleared all the data on my cellphone

there goes my diamond save GG

time to start ALL OVER. DIAMOND. THE FASTEST GAME IN THE SERIES. WHEN I WAS ALREADY IN THE VICTORY ROAD

someone just kill me already
>>
>>32994547
>diamond
why
>>
This Faggot (>>32989010) here,
I wanted to share what my challenge is, exactly, and ask if anyone would give me some advice or critique on it.

>Standard Nuzlocke shit. If a Pokeyman dies, he's deleted and sent to the shadow realm. You can only catch the first mon you run in to on any given route, you only catch a dupe if you want to.
>Set Mode only, use of 1 item per battle, No revives, of course. If a Pokemon dies with a held item, that item is GONE.
>At the end of a successful run, you move on to the next game, trading over or injecting all of the previous survivors and boxed mons to the new game.
>You can only use Pokemon that are appropriate level for the area you're in. When facing a Gym, you can only use Pokemon that are the same level as their lowest level Mon.
>A specific Pokemon can only go through the elite four once. You can use it to breed future generations or fight in side stuff like battle tower or whatever.

Order I'm playing in:
>FR/LG
>R/S
>Em
>Plat
>HG/SS
>Black
>B2/W2

I'm going to play through both versions of some of the games that I like, and skip straight to the third on others.

Anything else I should add?
>>
File: Angelamon.png (174KB, 476x334px) Image search: [Google]
Angelamon.png
174KB, 476x334px
What are some of the must-play hacks/games for nuzlocking that aren't Drayano or retardedly hard like Dark Rising.
>>
Is there any reason to not trade evolve right away?
>>
>>32995087
if you can, virtually no reason given trade-evolutions learn moves at the same level as their prevo's
>>
Managed to beat Roxie with Azumarill.
Such a trooper, Return for big damage, Aqua Jet for next turn finish. Charm to lower the attack and by pass danger. Venoshock and Toxic were a hassle though.
>>
File: IMG_9583.png (204KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9583.png
204KB, 2048x1536px
First Emerald nuzlocke run. I'm at Mossdeep's gym, trying to grind a little bit because I've heard that's one of the hardest gyms. Where the fuck am I supposed to grind though? Isn't there a way to rematch trainers like in FireRed with the VS Seeker?
>>
>>32995143
good shit dude
keep it up

>>32995206
emerald tate&liza are still the toughest gym leaderes in any game imo. i think you should be fine with cradily. you have access to literally all the water routes in the game which should be plenty to evolve lileep.
>>
File: 39-001.jpg (959KB, 2222x1667px) Image search: [Google]
39-001.jpg
959KB, 2222x1667px
>>32994547
Well at least it gives me a reason to stop being lazy and update my chart

>>32994711
Because that's my divine punishment
I've been a bad boy and i deserve to suffer and play all pokemon games
>>
>>32995206
Go to Shoal Cave and grind everything to 42 for minimal losses.
>>
>>32995222
Still gonna take a while considering Lileep's only damaging moves until he evolves are Acid, Astonish and Constrict, meaning I'll have to switch him out to level him up. Welp guess I'll have to buckle up and spend an hour or two grinding.
>>
>>32995267
teach it bullet seed and giga drain
>>
>>32995279
Fuck that's right I forgot to look up where the Giga Drain TM was. Yeah that makes things easier, thanks
>>
File: 20170710_211238.jpg (971KB, 1070x1338px) Image search: [Google]
20170710_211238.jpg
971KB, 1070x1338px
Whelp, here are my new 3, almost to Meteor Falls. I forgot how fucking useless Cacnea is btw.

Also, I was too busy shitting bricks to notice this earlier, but Haunter's sprite is xtra cool in Emerald.
>>
>>32995640
He's extra oogidy-boogidy in that version, huh?

>That painful feel when I'm at work and all I can think about is getting my precious Pokeymans squashed. I'm ready to go home and grind some levels. My team is starting to come together.
>>
File: zzz.jpg (17KB, 310x306px) Image search: [Google]
zzz.jpg
17KB, 310x306px
>ten routes
>four were geodudes
>three were bidoofs

thanks RNG
>>
I'm not even going to be mad if Bambi IV dies. She's so flimsy, she only has 35 HP at 19 and can barely hit anything with Dig.
>>
>>32994268
Depends, does anybody really want to watch someone stream? What do people like in streams?
>>
>>32996052
I was thinking of recording myself and editing it down to the bits where I say something or something interesting happens. I just don't have a free video editor downloaded.
>>
>>32996063
I kind of feel like streaming is more entertaining just cause it's more interactive
>>
>>32996089
There's tradeoffs. With videos, you can edit out some grinding and let you record audio afterward in case your live commentary isn't to your liking to edit in.
But livestreams feel more real for nuzlocke challenges; you know exactly what happens and deaths can't be savestated away.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170710-221613.jpg (626KB, 1062x707px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170710-221613.jpg
626KB, 1062x707px
>>32996003
15 mins later, dead to a Magnitude 6 when it was above ground. Fuck off, you were a waste of my time. Bambi line is cursed.

>>32996089
I just like to watch, I like players that read chat. Preferably with two moniters so they can look back and forth without swapping tabs. As much as I agree with >>32996089, I usually eat my meals while I play, plus I drink really loudly (I have no control over this, it just happens even when I sip), so I'd rather be able to keep that out of people's ears. Do I think streaming is better than videos? Yes. Do I think streaming is better than videos for me? No.
>>
>>32996146
Eh, that's what a mute switch on your mic is for. Mute when you eat/drink, unmute when you're not.
>>
File: 514.gif (2MB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
514.gif
2MB, 300x162px
>double battle in eternia forest
>kricketone uses bide
>"alright time to target buneary"
>chansey goes NOPE and egg bomb it two turns
>bide releases ON MY FUCKING POKEMON AND KILL IT

it's one thing to lost a mon due to your mistakes

but FUCK YOU CHERYL
FUCK YOU
>>
Oh, and one thing I hate is when someone is streaming and they don't read out loud what they're replying too. It's fucking obnoxious.

Bambi V is a Marill by the way, one of my top 3 favorite lines.
>>
i'd stream if i had a mic and/or knew how.

>>32996146
do you have an heirlocke template? i'd like to see who the other bambis were.

>>32996211
what pokemon did you have out that couldn't kill a weakened kricketune?
also yeah, cheryl's a dick.
>>
>>32996239
silcoon trying to evolve it for gardena
>>
streams are for fags

record videos
>>
>>32996747
Rendering takes ages and fuck editing.
>>
File: heirlocke post 1.png (205KB, 1634x478px) Image search: [Google]
heirlocke post 1.png
205KB, 1634x478px
>>32996239
Don't ever ask me to template again, I go full autism over them. This took me nearly an hour, and it's not even that good.
>>
File: 20170711_014227.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170711_014227.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
got 4th badge
>>
>>32996277
Honestly, your fault for relying on Chansey to pretty much solo two trainers.

>>32996944
Sorry man, I thought you'd use the pre-made template that's been going around.
>>
>>32997028
>Sorry man, I thought you'd take the easy way

^See the 'I go full autism' statement above lol
>>
File: Nuzlocke run.png (236KB, 871x952px) Image search: [Google]
Nuzlocke run.png
236KB, 871x952px
Daily update
Twintelle absolutely destroyed Morty, I dont remember if they give you shadow claw there in the originals, but it was EZPZ

Im currently about to embark towards Cianwood
>>
Welp, after nigh endless slaughter of my team on Akala, Ula'Ula had been a cakewalk. Lost my first mon of the island, Miles the Dugtrio (my second Diglett, damn these guys are frail) to Plumeria's Salazzle in front of the Aether House. I thought he would outspeed her, should have switch. She got a OHKO Flame Burst, and he was 3 levels over, at 38. Luckily, my great capture luck continues with a Trapinch in the desert, so she's my replacement. Time to grind and head north.
>>
>>32996944
I thoroughly look forward to Bambi V being the MVP of the run
>>
>>32997113
I know it's cringey as fuck, but I like making these little team pictures... So I made one for you.

Good luck on your run!
>>
File: Giselle Nuzlocke.png (19KB, 489x379px) Image search: [Google]
Giselle Nuzlocke.png
19KB, 489x379px
>>32997374
Aaaand... I forgot the picture.
>>
File: trainercard-Will (7).png (23KB, 248x171px) Image search: [Google]
trainercard-Will (7).png
23KB, 248x171px
>>32982983
>>32988489
Well Rosemary died so I decided to use trubbish like everyone has been telling me to.
Also swapped Sandra for Gurdurr because I've already used dwebble before in Kalos and didn't want to again
Going to take on cold storage and clay tomorrow after I evolve gurdurr
>>
File: rednuzlocke.png (29KB, 1938x1215px) Image search: [Google]
rednuzlocke.png
29KB, 1938x1215px
started a red randomizer nuzlocke
>>
what time would be best for you faggots to watch another faggot play pokemon?
>>
>>32995022
Zeta/Omnicron
>>
File: NuzlockeRun.png (22KB, 709x395px) Image search: [Google]
NuzlockeRun.png
22KB, 709x395px
The Diglett that I trained specifically for Surge did really well, but he got rekt at the very end of the gym by a stray Quick Attack crit.

I also forgot that I had to do the SS Anne before Surge, so Wartortle has spent a long while in the box while Gloom, Drowzee, and Wigglytuff went HARD AS A MUFFUGGA on everything.

Looks like I'm headed to Dark Cave.
>>
>>32997382
>>32997374
Thank you for making this, I love it!
>>
>>32997808
You're welcome, my nigga.

Post your end game team, when you're done.
>>
File: save over.png (10KB, 811x790px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
10KB, 811x790px
Okay, Novasun has bested me.
I just can't handle the cutscenes anymore. Going to run a Nuzlocke of original Silver.
>>
File: save over.png (3KB, 482x396px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
3KB, 482x396px
>>32997909
first reply picks starter
>>
>>32997921

Cyndaquil
>>
File: save over.png (6KB, 937x599px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
6KB, 937x599px
>>32997926
You got it
Smashed my rival
caught a Pidgey, a Geodude, and a Weedle
been grinding a bit since I don't actually remember what levels I'm going to be dealing with, but trying to even them all out at 10 or so
>>
I hate the Pokestudios part in BW2, just let me continue this hellish ride please.
>>
File: save over.png (11KB, 945x978px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
11KB, 945x978px
>>32997977
ran to falkner to get some action for geodude, what the fuck am i looking at?
i gotta pull back the grinding a LOT for this in the future
>>
>>32998058
Yeah, Bugsy also has like lvl 14 - 16 Pokemon I believe. With A long route, Ruins, Cave and Team Rocket between the two gyms you won't have to grind.
>>
>>32997909
Im in my 7th run of Nova Sun, i swear to god if i ever see another cutscene imma snap
>>
>>32998089
oh sweet, once I catch them up to about 12 then I'll just go with the flow

Current team lineup before bed
James the Zubat, level 10
Nelsha the Cyndaquil, level 13
Tracey the Mareep, level 6
Lyra the Geodude, level 12
Bristle the Pidgey, level 11
Wolf the Beedrill, level 12

>>32998100
it's the worst and the real rival is the urge to turn off the game, and I lost
>>
>>32997993

BW2 has a bad start. Few encounters, few areas, Pokestar's obnoxious pace breaker. BW1's early game areas are just more fun to play even normally. There's more to do before Castelia and it builds up to Skyarrow Bridge naturally rather than having a back and forth across three small areas for the first 2 gyms. BW2 excels once you beat Clay and the PWT. Variety jumps up dramatically and the game diverges in a better handled way from there on out.
>>
>>32998110
With a Cyndaquil and two flying types Bugsy won't be a problem at all. Just watch out for his Ace which can be a bit dangerous.
>>
>>32998110
Plus the lack of fairy and ice types early
how the fuck am i supposed to beat hau who HAS A FREAKING SALAMENCE when i can't get an ice pokemon or anything that learns ice beam until tapu village
>>
>>32998122
I don't know senpai, I got lucky and sang that shit to sleep and spammed Psybeams on it in Western Town before giving up
>>32998121
His Ace huh? I haven't played gen 2 in ages so I'm hoping it's nothign ridiculous like a Scyther or Pinsir or Heracross
>>
>>32998129
About his ace, yeah. . .
>>
>>32998129
It's a scyther lol, but it's not that hard
>>
>>32998131

Geodude will be fine. Geodude kills early game Johto dead. Little threatens it at all until the water routes.
>>
File: team3.jpg (83KB, 843x276px) Image search: [Google]
team3.jpg
83KB, 843x276px
so the end result of Blazeblack 2 challenge mode's version of Roxie

All went well until golbat decided to hypnosis and follow it up with nasty plot, came god damn close to a wipe if his air slash didn't miss on hungry (who was the mvp of the battle, again, seriously buffed dustox is pretty fun)

now lets hope the castelia captures are any good because 3 water types is overkill
>>
>>32998211
>BB2
You poor soul. Are you using healing items in battle?
>>
>>32998213
normally one of my rules is not to do that
I broke that rule around the time cheren send out a munchlax with leftovers and a boosting move and never looked back

6 pokemon on the first 2 gyms in a nuzlocke is god damn brutal
>>
>>32998227
Have fun with Colress and his rape rotom
Have fun with victory road 6 mon weather teams
have fun with e4 legionaries
>>
>>32998288
hoping for a bit more luck on the pokemons, no good natures sofar and unfortunately growlithe has his HA (justified is most definitely not better than intimidate or flash fire)
>>
Can somebody pick and name my starter for Storm Silver?
>>
File: NovaNuzlocke.jpg (494KB, 1196x1486px) Image search: [Google]
NovaNuzlocke.jpg
494KB, 1196x1486px
Hey everyone!
Currently doing my first ever Nuzlocke run.
It's Randomized Heartgold.

Any tips/tricks?

>>32998313
Dumboh
>>
>>32998313
Chikorita - Flower
>>
File: 1368030439084.jpg (52KB, 526x300px) Image search: [Google]
1368030439084.jpg
52KB, 526x300px
>>32998288
>have fun with e4 legionaries

is this pokemon or ryse
>>
>>32998360
shhh phoneposting
>>
File: 59.jpg (38KB, 323x559px) Image search: [Google]
59.jpg
38KB, 323x559px
>>32998322
>Legendaries
>>
>>32998288
assuming that means legendaries

...Iris has a rayquaza doesn't she?
>>
>>32998372
It's not my fault that I encountered that lil Beauty at Sprout Tower.
>>
I'm just a little salty, actually alot.
NPC next to Morimoto had 1 snorlax, so not hard.
Then this guy comes in with his Wild Charge and a Swoobat that has acrobatics + Flying gem and Charge Beam that boosts Sp.Atk twice.
>>
File: 39-002.jpg (1MB, 2222x1667px) Image search: [Google]
39-002.jpg
1MB, 2222x1667px
ughhh its damn annoying to beat a grass gym only with a grass poke
>>
>>32998412
Well, lets try this again. This time, don't fight Morimoto.
>>
>>32998459
>using worst boy over best girl

You deserve the suffering
>>
>>32998466
Something about Rosa's lifeless eyes and skirt above leggings or whatever she's wearing puts me off. Hilda is best girl though.
>>
>>32998472
>shittalking my waifu while picking the male version which have the same problems but worse
>liking skanky american ho better

Oh now it's on bitch ready your pokeballs
>>
>>32998482
It's. Just. A. Game. She'll never be real ;)
>>
>>32998459
if you have trouble I just found out apparently there's a lv 15 victini in the liberty lighthouse which technically could be caught if you aren't adverse to using legendaries
>>
>>32998506
Yeah I know, sadly I banned Legendaries for myself this playthrough. And I also had Grovyle and Finneon in the box, but a wipe out is a wipe out. I just didn't expect that Wild Charge, since it didn't show on the editted movepools either so Morimoto's Blitzle is just hax.
>>
>>32998516
honestly I'm a bit torn on the victini given it's a pokemon I've literally never used before and from what I've seen from the challenge mode teams it might actually not break everything open to hard
>>
>>32998521
It probably won't be game breaking, if anything else in challenge mode it'll probably be fairly normal.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (68KB, 503x688px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
68KB, 503x688px
>Pineco uses Self-destruct!
>Edvige fainted!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Now I'm down to a fucking hot air ballon as my Bugsy counter. I'm so getting wiped.
>>
How do you guys make your templates?
I'm new here and it's so beautiful i'm kinda jealous since i only could do that : >>32991139

Can i have some advice?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (76KB, 511x678px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
76KB, 511x678px
>>32998610
Neverfuckingmind, this magnificent bastard walled Bugsy into annihilation. Three stockpiles and six minimizes might be scummy, but it gets results.
>>
>>32998654
Good job, but I don't think you'll be using that balloon in the next gym with roll out.
>>
>>32998647
Which templates are you reffering to when you want advice?
>>
>>32998664
Either doing something good with the basic one i chose or making one
>>
>>32997113
>>32995143
>>32984879
>>32998664

These one are good for exemple
>>
>>32998730
>>32998730
>>32998730
New thread
>>
>>32998658
>I don't think you'll be using that balloon
I forgot about the rival and he rekt me. So yeah, I'm not using the balloon ever again.
>>
>>32998747
I'm sorry.

>>32998694
>>32995143
I made that one, what I did was grab a fairly empty background image from google. Then I downloaded all the sprites for BW for using in the pc/grave. Simple images from google for the team and trainer. Everything else is actually made by forming rectangles and then using a tool in photoshop to stretch out one corner. Do that another time with a darker color and throw that underneith for the light blue/red over dark blue/red effect. Its all fairly simple if you mess around in photoshop if you have that. Took me about a hour to do it myself without real experience.

;Tldr : If you have photoshop mess around with rectangles/text. Use images from google/sprites for the pokemon and trainer and bg. Making mistakes is fine, you learn that way.

Also make sure the colors you use all mesh well together, don't throw a bunch of different colors together if they don't match.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.